• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Maybe. Still, so far, as we haven't gotten much news or leaks about a Bethesda character, I would not bet on it. Even if we do get a Cacodemon costume, that is no guarantee a Doom character will come alongside that.
Well that's a given, but be sure you don't confuse a lack of information for a lack of likelihood.

At the rate things are going, the lack of leaks for a particular character might even be a point in their favor unless the reveal is almost upon us. lol

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Honestly Capcom is such an embarrassment of riches I kind of wish they and Nintendo would just bite the bullet and official make a Nintendo vs Capcom Crossover title.
The world wouldn't be ready for such a thing. As awesome as it'd be. But considering how Smash Ultimate's roster is literally Video Games: The Game, anything is possible.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well that's a given, but be sure you don't confuse a lack of information for a lack of likelihood.

At the rate things are going, the lack of leaks for a particular character might even be a point in their favor unless the reveal is almost upon us. lol
I like to think they are related. But as you know, and will possibly agree, they are nowhere near being the same thing. Being the same thing would mean more than what being related would mean, or in this case, correlation. So yeah, I know the difference.

Either way, I would just like a new character reveal soon.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Uhhh... What dojo?

It's 1997. I don't know what any of y'all are going on about regarding this "smash brothers" of yours
1997? it's 1984, we gotta do something or video games won't be a thing in a year! quick, how can we get more working moms to want to buy video games for their kids??

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
yes, it's time for everyone's least favorite image leak:

can anyone check if the number of the person claiming to have done it matches up with the original 4chan post a year ago, and/or find the thread this is happening in and see if he says any more?
The year-long question has finally come to an end! Rejoice!

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
1972? It’s 1958, did you hear about how physicist William Higinbotham developed a tennis game on a analog computer?
Video games?! What even is that as a concept? Games played on a cinema screen, perhaps?

It's 1919, and I'm a little worried what happens when we all have pocket telephones:

(Yes, this is an actual cartoon from a prominent Daily Mirror cartoonist - W.K. Haselden - created in 1919.)

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I like Monster Hunter more than Devil May Cry (by a slight difference) but the idea of a dream matchup Bayonetta vs Dante makes me prefer him than the hunter character.

Though they can do both things, release a challanger pack with Dante and apart a MH stage with some music and mii costumes (recycle Smash 4 Rathalos armour and put 2 new ones from MH Rise).

Calamitas

Smash Champion
2550?

Bee sea?

You funny. We go hunt now.
Did you all suffer a head injury or something? The year is clearly 20XX. And you know what? Let's begin the experiment! We are about to bear witness to the birth of a universe. Once, only a god could perform such a miracle. But today, mankind moves on step closer to the divine!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I say both Dante and Monster Hunter are 50/50. Capcom reps in terms of most likely to least likely at least to me.

1. Dante/Monster Hunter
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Amaterasu
4. Morrigan Aensland

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The year-long question has finally come to an end! Rejoice!
I think that question ended around the time 2020 began for almost everyone other than the rare holdout and some Doom Slayer and Geno fans.

So how does it affect Doom Slayer's chances? It doesn't. Most people have already been treating that leak as fake for a long time.

KillerCage

Smash Master
yes, it's time for everyone's least favorite image leak:

can anyone check if the number of the person claiming to have done it matches up with the original 4chan post a year ago, and/or find the thread this is happening in and see if he says any more?
While I think it's premature to declare the "Cacomallow" leak dead, it's likely fake as we never got a direct confirmation on whether it is real or not.
Some of Cacomallow's strongest arguments have been destroyed, but the leak itself hasn't been deconfirmed.
The fact that Nintendo never took down the "leak" after all this time really hurts its chances of being real.
So now that we finally got word Cacomallow is fake. How does this further affect Doom Slayer's chances?
Again, "Cacomallow" is LIKELY fake, but it is premature to say so.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I like Monster Hunter more than Devil May Cry (by a slight difference) but the idea of a dream matchup Bayonetta vs Dante makes me prefer him than the hunter character.

Though they can do both things, release a challanger pack with Dante and apart a MH stage with some music and mii costumes (recycle Smash 4 Rathalos armour and put 2 new ones from MH Rise).
Not gonna lie, even if we don’t get a fighter I could see the Rathalos stage getting a glow-up. It could become a normally playable stage with more music & maybe have Rathalos fighting another monster in the background.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not gonna lie, even if we don’t get a fighter I could see the Rathalos stage getting a glow-up. It could become a normally playable stage with more music & maybe have Rathalos fighting another monster in the background.
Tbh I kinda wish they’d add the WoL boss stages for regular play somehow

the end of Joker’s proper trailer had the Galleom stage, and just IMAGINE the dope screenshots I’d make with the Marx stage

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So now that we finally got word Cacomallow is fake. How does this further affect Doom Slayer's chances?
Just as likely as before.

Cries in Viewtiful Joe :crying:
I think whoever places Amaterasu over Viewtiful Joe is sleeping on him a bit, though I don't think either character's chances are all that high to begin with, even factoring out Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, and Phoenix Wright's chances of being included instead.

He could get a Mii Brawler costume though, which is more than what I could say for Amaterasu. She'd probably just get a hat.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think whoever places Amaterasu over Viewtiful Joe is sleeping on him a bit, though I don't think either character's chances are all that high to begin with, even factoring out Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry, and Phoenix Wright's chances of being included instead.
If that's the case then.

1. Dante/Monster Hunter
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Viewtiful Joe
4. Amaterasu
5. Morrigan Aensland

Does that sound about right?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If that's the case then.

1. Dante/Monster Hunter
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Viewtiful Joe
4. Amaterasu
5. Morrigan Aensland

Does that sound about right?
My perception of the two is that they're in about the same spot, but yeah.

EDIT: Though I personally think Morrigan is more likely than the both of them, but you don't necessarily have to change your opinion to follow suit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I come back after arguing with people on Reddit for hours, and I come back to the past.
Video games?! What even is that as a concept? Games played on a cinema screen, perhaps?

It's 1919, and I'm a little worried what happens when we all have pocket telephones:

(Yes, this is an actual cartoon from a prominent Daily Mirror cartoonist - W.K. Haselden - created in 1919.)
IT IS 1917 NOW!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get another Capcom character at all.
It's hard to say exactly which companies look likely right now. I personally feel Capcom has a really great shot given their love for shoving their properties into any crossover they can, but it does come down to whether or not Nintendo reaches out in the first place.

TBH, I also feel another SE character isn't a guarantee either. The more time I've had to think on it, the less likely I feel about them getting a third character.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I say both Dante and Monster Hunter are 50/50. Capcom reps in terms of most likely to least likely at least to me.

1. Dante/Monster Hunter
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Amaterasu
4. Morrigan Aensland
What about if Frank West from Dead Rising was an early purchase bonus for Ultimate?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's hard to say exactly which companies look likely right now. I personally feel Capcom has a really great shot given their love for shoving their properties into any crossover they can, but it does come down to whether or not Nintendo reaches out in the first place.

TBH, I also feel another SE character isn't a guarantee either. The more time I've had to think on it, the less likely I feel about them getting a third character.
if we did, it probably wouldn't be Geno. I am slightly doubtful on 2B or another FF character too for various reasons.

i do however feel that ppl are sleeping on Neku big time, and would hope they pick him

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What do you guys think of the chances of each companies's chances of getting a fighter? Iirc, the contestants (when excluding indie companies) are:
  • Nintendo
  • Capcom
  • Bandai-Namco
  • Sega
  • Blizzard
  • Bethesda
  • ArcSystem Works
  • Level 5
  • Ubisoft
  • Koei Techmo
  • Disney
  • Microsoft
  • Sony
Child companies's IPs are also up for consideration via their parent company...Hopefully I didn't list any child companies given that convention. Let me know if I forgot a reasonable contender that is not a child of any of these companies.

EDIT: Forgot Microsoft and Sony. lol

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What do you guys think of the chances of each companies's chances of getting a fighter? Iirc, the contestants (when excluding indie companies) are:
  • Nintendo
  • Capcom
  • Bandai-Namco
  • Sega
  • Blizzard
  • Bethesda
  • ArcSystem Works
  • Level 5
  • Ubisoft
  • Koei Techmo
  • Disney
Child companies's IPs are also up for consideration via their parent company...Hopefully I didn't list any child companies given that convention. Let me know if I forgot a reasonable contender that is not a child of any of these companies.
Capcom and Koei Techmo I feel have the best shots.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
if we did, it probably wouldn't be Geno. I am slightly doubtful on 2B or another FF character too for various reasons.

i do however feel that ppl are sleeping on Neku big time, and would hope they pick him
Honestly, if SE gets another character, I feel a ton of people here ignore Bravely. The series is Nintendo exclusive and is pretty much pushed by SE as their main Nintendo RPG series at this point, and Nintendo themselves are pretty keen on pushing the series too.

Again, I personally feel SE probably isn't bringing anything more to the table for this game, but if they did? Bravely sits pretty nice right now IMO.

Shroob

Sup?
Geno's such a weird character to me, because while I think he's likely just as much as any character, every time I see evidence towards him thrown around, I don't see evidence, I see assumptions.

Cacomallow:

It's fake, but today's post didn't change that, because it's 4chan, anyone can come in and say anything anonymously. The fact that it's a video leak that's been up for almost an entire year now when the Nintendo Copyright bots have attacked videos for less, that's not a good look for ol Caco. You'd think, with how many times it's been uploaded and reuploaded that it'd have been killed, but, no, it hasn't. Some people will say that they won't take it down because it'd be suspicious, but they forget that it's bots, bots don't give a **** about that, and the fact that Cacomallow wasn't killed on sight by the bots the minute it was uploaded is VERY telling.

The missing Mii Costume:

Is not evidence, because we've already seen how sporadic these are. Heihachi got dropped on our heads when no one expected it, and we're still missing others from Smash 4 like Rathalos Armor and Lloyd. A lack of info is not a good enough reason to assume, especially since we know that they're still bringing most, if not all, of the old costumes back. Could Geno be upgraded to a full character? Yes, but he could also become a Premium Costume with his theme, never assume this is a 'hint' unless we get another Square character, they bring back the Chocobo hat, but not him.

Gamespot's 'LEAK':

I'm not even going to spend time on this. The video was filmed in June, and Nintendo pulled out of E3 back in March. People seriously are out here trying to claim that Gamespot had access to Nintendo's E3 plans when they pulled out in early March, and they just happened to leak Geno of all things and nothing else, especially odd since there isn't a single credible insider who knows who the next Fighter is currently, let alone do we even know if we're getting one soon.

Mario Tournament:

This is my own speculation but, if we don't get Geno before this, and we don't hear anything about him coming via a trailer drop during this thing, he's as good as dead to me. With how much they're hyping up this Tournament, you'd figure that they would want ALL the Mario content to be either in the game for it, or to be shown off, but if November comes and goes, and assuming Challenger Pack 7 isn't Geno, and Challenger Pack 8 comes sometime in 2021 and it's not hinted to be him during this time, then he's taken a devastating blow in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom