• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
PapaGenos has gotten progressively worse over the life of Ultimate. Enough to where, yes, I would count him as a clickbait YouTuber.
He's absolutely a clickbait YouTuber. All of the "leaks" I've seen him cover recently are just about the biggest stretches ever. Like, they showed a triangle. Triangles are a part of Geno's real name. That means Geno's gonna be in Smash. Illuminati confirmed. EDIT: I really can't see why anyone would believe that kind of logic.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
PapaGenos has gotten progressively worse over the life of Ultimate. Enough to where, yes, I would count him as a clickbait YouTuber.

The guy has a likeable personality, but he makes a video for anything and everything, regardless of how baseless or insignificant his talking points might be.
Fistbump

It's honestly pretty sad. I kind of l gave him his first BIG, credible leak with the whole "Spirits work like stickers" deal, so in truth, I kinda blame myself he got to this point.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
No one's assuming Nintendo is having any trouble.

But we're also not jumping feet first into the adult pool when we don't know how to swim. A lack of information is not information, it's assumptions.

Remember, the guy who's taking over the math behind Amiibo theory, epicmartin7 epicmartin7 , pinned 2 VERY different dates for the character, being October 1st and October TWENTY-THIRD.
Uh... I think it's very important not to take too much stock into those dates. Those are only approximations and have the potential to be wrong. It's good to keep in mind surely, but those dates aren't some magic 8-ball sadly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally I think Reimu's chances are greatly overstated by some. Things would be different if Smash only catered to Japan. I know people like to point to those handful of songs, but I don't think memes are the compelling evidence they're believed to be by some.

And I think Undertale would be a sensible choice as far as indies go, were it not for the existing costume. I don't think we would've gotten the costume we did when we did, were there a character still in the pipeline. Especially since it came with music.

I can understand this meme, but Monster Hunter is literally being promoted as much as Dragon Quest XI S, and :ulthero: got in Smash. Not to forget that Monster Hunter is Capcom's best selling series.
Resident Evil is Capcom's best selling series, it got a relatively high-budget trailer at Nintendo's E3 considering it was just for ports, which people believed was indicative of an impending inclusion, and then it got a Spirit Event.

Hero's inclusion isn't even definitively tied to the game's promotion, that's just speculative. You have one possible red herring and at least a dozen conclusive examples of it being an irrelevant factor.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fistbump

It's honestly pretty sad. I kind of l gave him his first BIG, credible leak with the whole "Spirits work like stickers" deal, so in truth, I kinda blame myself he got to this point.
Some crimes can never be forgiven
IMG_20200831_093239.jpg

Jokes aside, he was always pretty famous in the Smash scene regardless of getting anything right or not, so don't feel bad about it, clickbaiting WOULD make you successful eventually

Shroob

Sup?
Uh... I think it's very important not to take too much stock into those dates. Those are only approximations and have the potential to be wrong. It's good to keep in mind surely, but those dates aren't some magic 8-ball sadly.
That's kinda what I was goin with, back when we were having the debate earlier today, the person in question was going with the fact that the theory was completely infallible and was guaranteed to be shown off not next week, but the week after.

I was just pointing out that no, that absolutely did not have to happen.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
That's kinda what I was goin with, back when we were having the debate earlier today, the person in question was going with the fact that the theory was completely infallible and was guaranteed to be shown off not next week, but the week after.

I was just pointing out that no, that absolutely did not have to happen.
Ah, alright. I don't want to seem like a nitpicking or anything. I do apologize if I come off like that. I just want to make sure people don't see those prediction dates as gospel or anything lol.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
imo there aren't really any indies that have a shot. I think they'll continue the trend of giving them costumes. That's not to say they don't have merits though.
  • The Touhou Project
    • What it has: Mega popularity in Japan, and an ingrain into the western internet.
    • What's against it: iirc, all of its official titles lack official localization.
    • Verdict: I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in any form other than playable.
  • Shovel Knight
    • What it has: A pretty good amount of popularity, and the series has plans to continue.
    • What's against it: Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy.
    • Verdict: Disconfirmed.
  • Shantae
    • What it has: Longevity, and very eager devs.
    • What's against it: Not much as far as I know.
    • Verdict: I think it could get something more.
  • Cave Story
    • What it has: A legacy in terms of indies.
    • What's against it: A pretty awful rights owner if the rumblings are to be believed.
    • Verdict: shrugs I do think it should get some representation, but I dunno if that'll happen.
  • Azure Striker: Gunvolt
    • What it has: I believe it has some pretty good Nintendo support.
    • What's against it: It's not as popular as the others as far as I know.
    • Verdict: Mii Gunner costume. I'm calling it now.
  • Yooka-Laylee
    • What it has: A mediocre start followed by a strong second title.
    • What's against it: A mediocre start.
    • Verdict: I don't think we'll see it at all. The titular duo definitely won't be playable due to the parallels with Banjo & Kazooie. I get that they'd be different, but they emulate the bear and bird so hard that I think they'd be a hard sell right after the duo that's already in the game.
  • Undertale/Deltarune
    • What it has: Mega popularity that I hear is pretty widespread.
    • What's against it: Mii Costume.
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
    • What it has: It's bigger than an outsider might expect. I'd say it's up there with Undertale and Shovel Knight in terms of success.
    • What's against it: People that aren't fans of the series tend to hate it, and while a lot of the games are on the Switch iirc, it's latest one seems to not be.
    • Verdict: We may see Freddy as a Mii Brawler costume, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Ori
    • What it has: Two strong titles, and it's the most recent of the big indie titles.
    • What's against it: Nothing really. I think it's technically a Microsoft IP, but I don't think that really changes anything here.
    • Verdict: I think we'll get a Spirit Event or a fighter if anything at all.
  • Hollow Knight
    • What it has: A big hit with DLC that extended the buzz. It's also getting a new installment soon.
    • What's against it: Nothing that I know of.
    • Verdict: Probably a Mii Swordfighter costume, though perhaps a fighter would work as well.
  • Rivals of Aether
    • What it has: I think it's the most successful platform fighter that isn't Super Smash Bros., and it's starting to blossom into a full blown franchise.
    • What's against it: Nothing in particular.
    • Verdict: I dunno, we could see something like a Spirit event, but I feel like it will go unmentioned this time around. A Rivals of Aether character in Super Smash Bros. would be quite the thing though. lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• What's against it: People that aren't fans of the series tend to hate it, and while a lot of the games are on the Switch iirc, it's latest one seems to not be.
I mean people who aren't a fan of Fire Emblem usually hate it to death, and it has 8 fighters in Ultimate.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Alright, good ole fashion question time!

What is your “most” most wanted character in Smash Bros? Like... the one character, that above all else, you want in the game more than any other.

For me personally, While Young Wizard from Wizard101 is high up there in terms of my wants list(well really it’s the only reasonable one outta the bunch) I would be estactic if literally anything Bushiroad got in(I imagine a Bushiroad character would be Blaster Blade or Chronojet Dragon)

Like, a card game character has always been pretty high on my wants, but I really feel that a Bushi character would be way more interesting than just simply slapping an MtG planeswalker or Dark Magician into the game and calling it a day. Like... you have your generic sword boys... but with lazer swords(The Blasters) Fiery apoloyptic dragons(Overlord and all his various evolutions and possible future forms) but then you have some out there concepts... like bug mafia(Megacolony) Football but there’s no rules(Spike Brothers) and nom nom canabalistic cyborgs dinos(Tachikaze)
There’s a lot of content you could add with just a single Bushiroad character, although reality slaps me in the face and says it’s not happening because no anime.

:terryhat: But that’s all I gots to say about that.
This is a tough question for me to answer because I have like a million reasons for wanting specific characters. Would they fit my playstyle, do I like their source material, do I have a connection to the character, how funny/salty would the reaction from the internet be, etc.

I think Monokuma and Dante probably check an equal amount of boxes for me. Monokuma definitely edges Dante out for reaction and connection to the character, but Dante would almost definitely fit my playstyle more than virtually any character I can think of outside of MAYBE 2B. So when all is said and done, I suppose I'd want the character I could actually make work competitively, even if Dante is such a no-brainer for a lot of people that it's honestly kind of boring to talk about.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean people who aren't a fan of Fire Emblem usually hate it to death, and it has 8 fighters in Ultimate.
That's just Smash fans though. The general gaming audience doesn't really look down upon the games like what seems to be with FNaF.

EDIT: And Fire Emblem didn't have any sort of stigma on it before getting its first fighter.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
iirc the complaints didn't come in until Corrin.
Nah people were starting to get mad since Robin, Smash fans always get hella pissed when a franchise gets 2 newcomers, even if one was made in 5 minutes. Metroid and CastleVania are exceptions either due to people finally understanding clones don't take much effort to make or because they've been requested for a longer time than when other franchises got 2 characters

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
iirc the complaints didn't come in until Corrin.
Yeah, more or less.

Robin and Lucina were met with "Four? Well... one's a clone" (and overall positivity - one because many people actually didn't really want Chrom, and two because it "killed" the Gematsu leak dogma)

Then Roy got a pass because he was a popular vet. Though people were remarking on the quantity, some maybe grumbling a little, but Roy and Lucina each had reasons to be seen as exceptions.

Then the other shoe dropped with Corrin and we've not looked back since.

It gets forgotten that people did not always resent or malign FE. The cyclical nature of the conversations that surrounded it, perhaps (sort of like what happened with ARMS earlier this year). But not the actual characters or their representation in Smash. It only grew when they were seen as overrepresented. Before that, the ire was targeted at other series perceived in the same light, such as, at different times, Kid Icarus, Kirby and Star Fox.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There are a few notable (to me, at least in the sense that I have noted them) indie series I forgot to mention: Super Meat Boy, and The Binding of Isaac. I don't think either are particularly likely to get anything, but I could see Super Meat Boy getting a Spirit event if the stars aligned.

EDIT: I also know of Bit Trip and Freedom Planet, but I don't know anything about them other than their gist.

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
There are a few notable (to me, at least in the sense that I have noted them) indie series I forgot to mention: Super Meat Boy, and The Binding of Isaac. I don't think either are particularly likely to get anything, but I could see Super Meat Boy getting a Spirit event if the stars aligned.

EDIT: I also know of Bit Trip and Freedom Planet, but I don't know anything about them other than their gist.
Bit Trip's Commander Video appeared in Smash 4 as a trophy, so I find it weird that he isn't back as a spirit.

Staarih

Smash Master
Undertale is more likely than we think, The lack of spirits keeps that door open but the sans costume could very well be a nail in the coffin
Yeah, I'm personally still keeping an eye out for Undertale, there's something... mystical about that game and its fandom, reception and overall atmosphere in Japan and globally too. It has paved a way for itself and has anniversary features in Famitsu and orchestral concerts in Japan and whatnot. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to throw a curveball like that haha, and he clearly has a soft spot for the game (in before "but Nintendo chose the characters!!"). Anyway, the situation is a bit iffy because of Sans + Megalovania, but the lack of spirits is interesting seeing as Cuphead got them so fast.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Undertale:
I think Undertale is way more likely than we all think, The lack of spirits is pretty sus and Sakurai seems to speak very highly of not only the game itself but Toby Fox as well. I think the sans costume was added to add Undertale content before Sakurai created the second pass and now that more characters are being added, Nintendo may or may not be looking at Undertale as it seems like Undertale is very popular over there and Nintendo might want a piece of that pie. What character would they use? I think Frisk is the best option right now Kris would have a better chance if there was more of Deltarune. There is one thing I think that hurts Undertale's chances a little bit, If they add a full fledged Undertale character it might undercut the pacifist message, but that is certainly just me thinking to hard I just wanted to get that out there.
I disagree. Sure, Undertale doesn't have spirits, but it has a Mii Costume, right?

Wouldn't it make more sense to release the Mii Costume in the direct the Undertale character is revealed?

Also yes, Frisk and Kris are the protagonists, but Sans is much more popular than even them.

Also Vault Boy is a Mii Costume, and he doesn't have spirits yet either.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
imo there aren't really any indies that have a shot. I think they'll continue the trend of giving them costumes. That's not to say they don't have merits though.
  • The Touhou Project
    • What it has: Mega popularity in Japan, and an ingrain into the western internet.
    • What's against it: iirc, all of its official titles lack official localization.
    • Verdict: I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in any form other than playable.
  • Shovel Knight
    • What it has: A pretty good amount of popularity, and the series has plans to continue.
    • What's against it: Shovel Knight is an Assist Trophy.
  • Shantae
    • What it has: Longevity, and very eager devs.
    • What's against it: Not much as far as I know.
    • Verdict: I think it could get something more.
  • Cave Story
    • What it has: A legacy in terms of indies.
    • What's against it: A pretty awful rights owner if the rumblings are to be believed.
    • Verdict: shrugs I do think it should get some representation, but I dunno if that'll happen.
  • Azure Striker: Gunvolt
    • What it has: I believe it has some pretty good Nintendo support.
    • What's against it: It's not as popular as the others as far as I know.
    • Verdict: Mii Gunner costume. I'm calling it now.
  • Yooka-Laylee
    • What it has: A mediocre start followed by a strong second title.
    • What's against it: A mediocre start.
    • Verdict: I don't think we'll see it at all. The titular duo definitely won't be playable due to the parallels with Banjo & Kazooie. I get that they'd be different, but they emulate the bear and bird so hard that I think they'd be a hard sell right after the duo that's already in the game.
  • Undertale/Deltarune
    • What it has: Mega popularity that I hear is pretty widespread.
    • What's against it: Mii Costume.
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
    • What it has: It's bigger than an outsider might expect. I'd say it's up there with Undertale and Shovel Knight in terms of success.
    • Verdict: We may see Freddy as a Mii Brawler costume, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • Ori
    • What it has: Two strong titles, and it's the most recent of the big indie titles.
    • What's against it: Nothing really. I think it's technically a Microsoft IP, but I don't think that really changes anything here.
    • Verdict: I think we'll get a Spirit Event or a fighter if anything at all.
  • Hollow Knight
    • What it has: A big hit with DLC that extended the buzz. It's also getting a new installment soon.
    • What's against it: Nothing that I know of.
    • Verdict: Probably a Mii Swordfighter costume, though perhaps a fighter would work as well.
  • Rivals of Aether
    • What it has: I think it's the most successful platform fighter that isn't Super Smash Bros., and it's starting to blossom into a full blown franchise.
    • What's against it: Nothing in particular.
    • Verdict: I dunno, we could see something like a Spirit event, but I feel like it will go unmentioned this time around. A Rivals of Aether character in Super Smash Bros. would be quite the thing though. lol
I agree, there aren't any indie characters coming to the ssbu roster. Steve is the only indie character big enough to make it in who hasn't been disconfirmed. Despite not being indie any more, Minecraft has a strong indie legacy.

Undertale is probably the only indie game that has a large/passionate enough following to get a playable character, but it only got a mii costume.

Despite looking distinct and despite Yacht Club games shoving him into as many cameos as humanly possible, Shovel Knight isn't nearly as popular as smash forumgoers seem to think he is. He never had a chance. Hollow Knight, Ori, etc. are also not big enough.

I'd love to get Isaac because I've played his game for well over a thousand hours, but he would never happen for various reason.

---

IMO the best way to represent indie games would be to make an indie-themed medley stage that features various indie game content, including lots of songs from indie games. And also indie character mii costumes and some assist trophies. It should have been made and put into the base game :/

D

Deleted member

Yeah, more or less.

Robin and Lucina were met with "Four? Well... one's a clone" (and overall positivity - one because many people actually didn't really want Chrom, and two because it "killed" the Gematsu leak dogma)

Then Roy got a pass because he was a popular vet. Though people were remarking on the quantity, some maybe grumbling a little, but Roy and Lucina each had reasons to be seen as exceptions.

It gets forgotten that people did not always resent or malign FE. The cyclical nature of the conversations that surrounded it, perhaps (sort of like what happened with ARMS earlier this year). But not the actual characters or their representation in Smash. It only grew when they were seen as overrepresented. Before that, the ire was targeted at other series perceived in the same light, such as, at different times, Kid Icarus, Kirby and Star Fox.
Corrin was a big reason why Smash fans resent Fire Emblem so much, but I don't think Smash fans did not mind Fire Emblem until suddenly Corrin appeared. I feel like it slowly grew after Robin and Lucina's trailer. I could be wrong here.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Why do you hate Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so much?
You really wanna go there, huh? Alright, I'll give you a somewhat close to full breakdown on this. But not right away - there's a lot of ground to cover. I think it might also be better for the thread as a whole if I PM you that explanation, if you don't mind. For one, because it's gonna get pretty long, as mentioned before, and because I don't want to derail this thread too much.

Pokemon peaked with Black and White.
Why would you say something so controversial, yet so brave?
Memes aside though, I'd argue that Black 2 and White 2 did still improve on the originals in terms of gameplay alone, while however taking big steps back in terms of story quality.

D

Deleted member

Why do you hate Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so much?
You really wanna go there, huh? Alright, I'll give you a somewhat close to full breakdown on this. But not right away - there's a lot of ground to cover. I think it might also be better for the thread as a whole if I PM you that explanation, if you don't mind. For one, because it's gonna get pretty long, as mentioned before, and because I don't want to derail this thread too much.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of those games that has no middle ground.

It is either the best game of all time, or an atrocious game. That is what I have seen from many Xenoblade Chronicles fans on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Despite looking distinct and despite Yacht Club games shoving him into as many cameos as humanly possible, Shovel Knight isn't nearly as popular as smash forumgoers seem to think he is. He never had a chance. Hollow Knight, Ori, etc. are also not big enough.
I mean. He got 4 Spirits and an AT in the base game, he'd need to be pretty damn popular to get that. While I agree we're probably not getting any Indies, let's not pretend it's because they're not big enough when they've been given more love in Smash than some AAA games like Fallout and Assassin's Creed

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Smash Speculators...

How do you view Monster Hunter's odds right now?
I do view Monster Hunter as pretty much a strong candidate to represent Capcom as well as Dante.

I mean, Ono's leaving Capcom, but I highly doubt Street Fighter's in any jeopardy.
The Street Fighter franchise is already in a much better place than it was before Ono revitilised it with the fourth game. Speaking of Ono's departure, I'm curious to see what sort of direction Capcom's Fighting Game division will take within the future of their games.

Whilst I do not expect another Marvel Vs Capcom game to be in the works for another couple of years, maybe its time for them to bring back one of its dormant fighting game IP's back in the frame.

I'm still personally hoping for a new Darkstalkers sequel in which this will not only be something refreshing from the Capcom Fighting Division, but it does also give them further recognition for their characters other than being part of crossover games in which we have already seen the likes of Morrigan, Anakaris, Hsien-Ko, Felicia, Jedah Dohma, Demitri Maximoff, Lord Raptor, Pyron, Q-Bee and B.B. Hood (Marvel Vs Capcom series and the Project X Zone series.)

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The Partner Direct reminded me that Disgaea exists and is also a possibility for Smash. I sorta feel like Disgaea would be a Fatal Fury type of situation. A series that pretty notable but is completely off our radar.

Disgaea is not a big league series but it's not some obscure series either. Something in my gut tells me we'll be getting one of those inbetweeners. A fighter from a game no one predicted.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Alright, good ole fashion question time!

What is your “most” most wanted character in Smash Bros? Like... the one character, that above all else, you want in the game more than any other.

For me personally, While Young Wizard from Wizard101 is high up there in terms of my wants list(well really it’s the only reasonable one outta the bunch) I would be estactic if literally anything Bushiroad got in(I imagine a Bushiroad character would be Blaster Blade or Chronojet Dragon)

Like, a card game character has always been pretty high on my wants, but I really feel that a Bushi character would be way more interesting than just simply slapping an MtG planeswalker or Dark Magician into the game and calling it a day. Like... you have your generic sword boys... but with lazer swords(The Blasters) Fiery apoloyptic dragons(Overlord and all his various evolutions and possible future forms) but then you have some out there concepts... like bug mafia(Megacolony) Football but there’s no rules(Spike Brothers) and nom nom canabalistic cyborgs dinos(Tachikaze)
There’s a lot of content you could add with just a single Bushiroad character, although reality slaps me in the face and says it’s not happening because no anime.

:terryhat: But that’s all I gots to say about that.
There's several characters that I "want want" in Smash, but if I had to choose one that I wanted above all else, I'd have to say Zero from the Megaman series.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm personally still keeping an eye out for Undertale, there's something... mystical about that game and its fandom, reception and overall atmosphere in Japan and globally too. It has paved a way for itself and has anniversary features in Famitsu and orchestral concerts in Japan and whatnot. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to throw a curveball like that haha, and he clearly has a soft spot for the game (in before "but Nintendo chose the characters!!"). Anyway, the situation is a bit iffy because of Sans + Megalovania, but the lack of spirits is interesting seeing as Cuphead got them so fast.
If undertale did get a rep, it needs to be Undyne

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
The Partner Direct reminded me that Disgaea exists and is also a possibility for Smash. I sorta feel like Disgaea would be a Fatal Fury type of situation. A series that pretty notable but is completely off our radar.

Disgaea is not a big league series but it's not some obscure series either. Something in my gut tells me we'll be getting one of those inbetweeners. A fighter from a game no one predicted.
If Disgaea got a rep it would have to be Laharl, right?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't think I get the Fatal Fury - Disgaea comparison.

See, with Terry, his inclusion wasn't so much about Fatal Fury in particular, it was really much more about celebrating the history of SNK in general, which is why most of his accompanying spirits and music tracks come from other SNK games like Art of Fighting, Pyscho Soldier, Metal Slug, KOF, etc. SNK was more obscure to us in the west, but nonetheless it was still a huge and historic company. Like Smash Bros. itself was highly influenced by SNK games like King of Fighters.

I just don't think a random niche RPG series like Disgaea compares in that regard.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I don't think I get the Fatal Fury - Disgaea comparison.

See, with Terry, his inclusion wasn't so much about Fatal Fury in particular, it was really much more about celebrating the history of SNK in general, which is why most of his accompanying spirits and music tracks come from other SNK games like Art of Fighting, Pyscho Soldier, Metal Slug, KOF, etc. SNK was more obscure to us in the west, but nonetheless it was still a huge and historic company. Like Smash Bros. itself was highly influenced by SNK games like King of Fighters.

I just don't think a random niche RPG series like Disgaea compares in that regard.
Even in the West, SNK always had legacy and presence (even if it wasn't always a big one) in gaming. Titles dating back to the Genesis/SNES, crossovers with Capcom, and even its own consoles on the market. While its relevance has waned a bit in the past 10 years, there were so many areas that you could point to where it make its mark. Heck there's an argument to be made that via King of Fighters, SNK essentially helped birth the crossover fighter concept to begin with.

Disgaea is by all accounts a solid series, but it is one that debuted in 2003 and has not had the same impact on Sakurai like various SNK titles have.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
People ask who your Most Wanted is

But why is your Most wanted your Most wanted?
I want to see the internet to collapse in on itself at Master Chief's admission into Smash Bros.
Ahh Papagenos

Papagenos is the man though. Like he does get stuff wrong like the whole Grinch leak Fiasco but I don't think he's a Crappy Clickbaiter like some might say he is.

And you guys got to admit, Monster Hunter and Byleth do have similiarities with each other. Now of course Monster Hunter could be unique anyway, I Personally was just worried that Byleth would have stolen Hunter's function, even if Hunter has different weapons, but Hunter could do different Stuff though.

The guy has a likeable personality, but he makes a video for anything and everything, regardless of how baseless or insignificant his talking points might be.
I used to watch a bit of PapaGenos, but I stopped after his Byleth rant. He was just too annoying for me.
While he has gotten worse over time (ESPECIALLY in regards to Geno), I still watch Papagenos for summizing credible "leaks".
I also avoid his reaction videos as that's what got him in everyone's $#!% list in the first place.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I disagree. Sure, Undertale doesn't have spirits, but it has a Mii Costume, right?

Wouldn't it make more sense to release the Mii Costume in the direct the Undertale character is revealed?

Also yes, Frisk and Kris are the protagonists, but Sans is much more popular than even them.

Also Vault Boy is a Mii Costume, and he doesn't have spirits yet either.
If an Undertale rep is in FP2, here's how I have to imagine it went

Sakurai: Toby, I'm adding a Sans costume
Toby: OK, have a Megalovania on the house
( Sans costume releases, sells extraordinarily and almost overshadows Terry)
Sakurai: ok we're adding a full Undertale rep
Toby: ok
Developer: but Sakurai, all five characters in Volume 2 have been selected!
Sakurai: then we're adding a sixth.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, more or less.

I still remember how a lot of people were upset when Ike was revealed, because they wanted Chrom to take his spot.
People didn't really want Chrom gameplay-wise, which was what ultimately swayed Sakurai when making Smash 4. But character-wise there were just as many people who didn't really want Robin, and so Chrom Ultimately made it in anyway.
I'm guessing a bit here, but it's my feeling that even though non-FE fans understand that echo fighters don't take up slots, it still bothers them because the blue-haired swordfighters are all aesthetically the same to them. The other echo fighters have clear visual contrasts to justify them, while Chrom and Lucina can only feel like they make sense on the roster if you actually know who they are.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is one of those games that has no middle ground.

It is either the best game of all time, or an atrocious game. That is what I have seen from many Xenoblade Chronicles fans on the internet.
Then I guess I AM THE PERSONIFICATION OF THE MIDDLE GROUND. Hi there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom