• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, remember awhile back when I made a comment about N64 Online? Well, something interesting popped up about that. The Mario 3D Collection has been leaked, and it turns out the three games all use emulators (that explains a few things). However, while Sunshine and Galaxy appear to use original emulators, 64 seemingly doesn't. On top of that, it apparently has data that mentions other N64 games, including Perfect Dark of all things.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about emulation, so I don't know if that really means anything (heck, I didn't even know about the "multiple games" bit until I saw the Geno thread talking about it). Though if this IS a hint at things to come, we may be getting N64 Online sooner rather than later. That is, of course, assuming this actually means something in the end.

Wait, I need to mention something Smash related. Um... Brian from Quest 64, yay or nay?

SKX31

Smash Master
Quite odd that people aren't complaining more about Kellam, too. He just has to be the most broken character in Smash Bros. history.
Isn't he essentially :metaknight: with :4bayonetta:'s ladder combos and Witch Time, :foxmelee: 's pressure game and waveshine, :pikachu64: 's stupidly good invincible up B and ability to set up a jab grab (yes) as well as Joker's Up Air loops and Arsene?

(Oh god, Arsene-empowered Witch Time and Shine...)

One of the speculated reasons for Terry’s inclusion is that he heavily appealed to Latin American markets. Is there any other characters you guys think could be added to appeal to non-US/Japanese markets?

I know we’ve talked about how a League of Legends character would be super exciting for Chinese audiences.
This answer's going to be detailed and hardcore focused for the smaller regions:

LoL would also be incredibly hype for South Korea generally - South Korea also has significant Tekken, StarCraft and Overwatch fanbases. Nintendo's been regaining their foothold there with the Switch - New Horizons did surprisingly well there. Internet cafés (PC Bangs) are still very much a thing in South Korea, and many of the most popular games have had surprising staying power in the cafés. Korea's Smash scene is rather small - but Uprising 2019 in Seoul attracted quite a lot of Asia's best (incl. a lot of Japan's) to Korea... and MKLeo, who of course won it all.

China's other big fan favorite would be Steve, although there's a surprisingly long list due to how the Chinese hardcore generally prefers importing games. There's a massive casual fanbase that generally follows what's officially released, but Reimu's another fan favorite despite seeing no official release there (China also has an incredibly large anime fanbase) - as well as Dynasty Warriors, which isn't surprising really. The Chinese Switch base is 3 million+ strong and growing, so that might already be a factor. The Smash scene is niché, but has attracted the attention of some large Chinese streaming services who have run Smash tournaments in conjunction with Splatoon 2 and Monster Hunter Iceborne.

SouthEast Asia is heavily computer / mobile. MOBAs and BRs are incredibly popular there, partly due to the presence of internet cafés. However, there is a notable console fanbase there too. There are smaller Smash scenes in the Phillipines and other countries close by, and the Switch performs pretty well in the region (sure, rather low numbers, but still a foothold). SEA is composed of a lot of countries, so certain games might be more popular in certain countries (Vietnam as an example, the PlayStation and LoL's big there). I wrote a bit about the region here. Madame Lesley is a Phillipine, so she has first-hand knowledge that I admittedly lack.

As for other regions... I'm not really that well-versed with LatAm / Brazil. 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus is probably more knowledgeable than I on this region since he's Brazillian. Nintendo has - AFAIK - started to focus more on LatAm and Brazil recently, and Mexico in particular is a Smash hotspot. That country's home to a number of top level pros: MKLeo and Maister in particular.

Likewise, I'm not familiar with Australia and surrounding areas, but I'll leave that up to the Aussies like PSIGuy.

Russia / CiS is an interesting case - that country / region is generally computer / PlayStation because of sheer versatility (again, one can use PlayStations to watch movies). Mobiles also have a foothold there obviously. CS:GO, Dota 2 and World of Tanks are the kings there, and Valve has a strong foothold as a result. Nintendo doesn't have a strong tradition there at all - the DS and Wii really struggled there. And Nintendo of Russia's recenty been accused of severe mismanagement - that debacle forced NoR to turn around and try to re-establish itself. That said, according to a Russian games agency (data from 2018):

Nearly 70% console game market in units and 75% in cash are taken by PlayStation 4 games, the demand for which has grown by 30%.

Nintendo Switch game sales demonstrated overweight growth rates and increased 2.5 times in units and 2.2 times in cash.

Xbox One games carry on demonstrating positive dynamics — 16% increase in units and 23% in cash — while the demand for Xbox One software dropped by 45%.
Ultimate does have a small presence there, and apparently: Kratos, Steve and Jonesy would also appeal to a large portion of Russians.

AFAIK there's a small but active Smash scene in the Middle East already - although the somewhat small console fanbase leans PlayStation, That said, the Saudi PlayStation fanbase vocally complained when Fall Guys was not released there, and ZhugeEx reported about it here. Like China, the hardcore Middle Eastern console fanbase leans hardcore because the official censorship is seen as too harsh. One particular snapshot from 2018 by Red Bull named Fortnite, FIFA, God of War (PS4), CS:GO and LoL / Dota 2 as the most popular games in the region. So yeah, Kratos would have that region as a bonus. Which might be a surprise to quite a lot of people.

Kotaku's 2018 snapshot on Iran's small but slowly growing Nintendo fanbase goes into further detail:

Most gaming companies have no official presence in the Middle East, and players must find games, consoles, and accessories through various online importers and costly gaming shops. These issues are made worse by the fact that digital downloads and online play are hampered by strict government regulations and sluggish internet speeds.
Those hampering factors are a consistent theme outside of the major regions really. And in a previous (2017) article by the same author:

The recently released Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy was plastered all over Iranian Playstation fan pages for weeks before and after the game’s release. Abdali explained that, since many players had grown up with Crash on the original PlayStation, their nostalgia took center stage. The game, though unrealistic and silly, is also familiar. Even with many Iranian PS4 players reminiscing about Crash’s twirling combat and precise platforming, Abdali confesses that he hasn’t seen many players actually admit to buying or playing the revamped trilogy.

"Some of the players here don’t enjoy games,” Abdali said. “They see them as something too important. Almost like a job.”
I don't expect India to become a major factor for Nintendo for a while, but that country is heavily mobile. The mobile stuff has become a political hot topic when the Indian government banned numerous apps with connections to Chinese companies (as retaliation towards the recent border skirmish). PUBG Mobile was one of the casualities - and it was dominant there for a long time. Thing is, India's games industry is not really ready to fill the void, as I wrote about here. Ubisoft operates two studios in India, developing games like the Prince of Persia remake.

I don't expect Africa to become a major factor for Nintendo for a while either, but mobile games have gotten a foothold there. As far as console games go, it's very small - but it appears to be that console tournaments have been held in places like Abidjan (Ivory Coast, West Africa) with games like Street Fighter, Fortnite and Candy Crush featured. South Africa does already have a small console fandom, but I'm not well-versed there either.

This is an incomplete picture, but hope it gave a reasonable picture of the other smaller regions.

Why does Europe love Fifa so much? I'm curious.
I'll refer you to my Western Europe post. Specifically:

As a small sidenote: You know how well Madden sells in the US for example? FIFA has that spot here - although the NHL games sell well in countries where hockey's popular. A significant minority of the PlayStation and Xbox sales are FIFA buyers. And a major reason why is because EA was quick and included many of the big (and even smaller) European leagues and national teams in the FIFA games. They even started including second division (and even lower) leagues and teams quickly because those teams generally have long histories and very invested fanbases too. Football is that ingrained in the general European culture. It's gotten to the point where EA often partners with local big clubs and sell limited club-themed versions of the game.
And that's how EA's able to make boatloads of money selling player cards on FIFA Ultimate Team - and in game currency - for ridicolous prices (as well as Madden Ultimate Team in America). FIFA's hardcore fanbase generally loathes the practice (I'd imagine Madden's hardcore fanbase loathes it too, especially given how poorly recieved Madden 21 is), but EA's profits keep on rising.

Say, remember awhile back when I made a comment about N64 Online? Well, something interesting popped up about that. The Mario 3D Collection has been leaked, and it turns out the three games all use emulators (that explains a few things). However, while Sunshine and Galaxy appear to use original emulators, 64 seemingly doesn't. On top of that, it apparently has data that mentions other N64 games, including Perfect Dark of all things.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about emulation, so I don't know if that really means anything (heck, I didn't even know about the "multiple games" bit until I saw the Geno thread talking about it). Though if this IS a hint at things to come, we may be getting N64 Online sooner rather than later. That is, of course, assuming this actually means something in the end.

Wait, I need to mention something Smash related. Um... Brian from Quest 64, yay or nay?
Rare games on N64 online let’s go

SharkLord

Smash Hero
One of the speculated reasons for Terry’s inclusion is that he heavily appealed to Latin American markets. Is there any other characters you guys think could be added to appeal to non-US/Japanese markets?

I know we’ve talked about how a League of Legends character would be super exciting for Chinese audiences.
I think I've heard that Touhou's at least fairly popular in China, which is somewhat surprising knowing Sino-Japanese relationships. Then again, there are a surprising amount of similarities with East Asian mythology and folklore, so maybe it's not that surprising.

EDIT: Apparently it's mildly popular in Spanish-speaking countries too, though I don't have any examples to prove this.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
To no one's surprise, the Mario collection is just 3 ROMs on a cart. Not that anyone's actually surprised by this news, but, it's out there now so
Which means...Nintendo has a working N64 emulator, Gamecube emulator, and Wii emulator for the Switch.

That sounds like good news to me!

There is a new small trailer for SwSh DLC. Not much but I'm guessing there's more to follow soon.
Gimmie back Greninja and Honchkrow you cowards!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would absolutely be delighted with a reveal of the character for slot seven of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Pass 2 in Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch™.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Which means...Nintendo has a working N64 emulator, Gamecube emulator, and Wii emulator for the Switch.

That sounds like good news to me!
Emulators that they will just sit on and never use after this collection, except maybe releasing an N64 online with 8 games on it (and half of them being shovelware) on the last year of the Switch's lifespan in 2024 before starting all over with NES only on the next console.

I would love nothing more than to be absolutely wrong on this btw.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
In terms of Canadian-made titles, there's Eternal Darkness, Guacamelee, Celeste, or the Mass Effect series, among many others.
Ya know, it's kind of a shame. The stuff that Eternal Darkness was known for wouldn't actually make sense as an on-command abilities since it's the character themselves going insane.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Would any of you guys prefer Wario's default costume be his yellow shirt and purple overalls, or do you prefer the biker jacket he has on from WarioWare? I've always been curious about what people thought of this.
His original look. Wario is the only character who's most iconic look isn't the default costume.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ya know, it's kind of a shame. The stuff that Eternal Darkness was known for wouldn't actually make sense as an on-command abilities since it's the character themselves going insane.
Yeah, the sanity effects wouldn't really work, but the game had a fairly in-depth magic system (summoning monsters, creating lightning, shields and barriers, etc.) and a decent amount of weapons.

I'd be more interested in terms of what it could bring to the table in terms of a stage, but there's enough material for me to write out a whole moveset for the main character. (though most of it could work for the main villain as well)

Would any of you guys prefer Wario's default costume be his yellow shirt and purple overalls, or do you prefer the biker jacket he has on from WarioWare? I've always been curious about what people thought of this.
I'd definitely prefer the yellow shirt and purple overalls; Wario Land 2 was one of the first games that I played, so I'd prefer that to be the default.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah, the sanity effects wouldn't really work, but the game had a fairly in-depth magic system (summoning monsters, creating lightning, shields and barriers, etc.) and a decent amount of weapons.

I'd be more interested in terms of what it could bring to the table in terms of a stage, but there's enough material for me to write out a whole moveset for the main character. (though most of it could work for the main villain as well)
I think they could work on the villian, as its the one causing the sanity effects, but otherwise it would probably be implemented as an incredibly annoying drawback system.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
When you become so insane, you think you're in Smash Bros.

Also, SKX31 SKX31 , I might elaborate on what you said about LatAm/Brazil later, because it would take a little bit of time and I'm at work now, so...

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
His original look. Wario is the only character who's most iconic look isn't the default costume.
I'd definitely prefer the yellow shirt and purple overalls; Wario Land 2 was one of the first games that I played, so I'd prefer that to be the default.
Wow, I thought I'd be the one with an unpopular opinion. I was looking around on other sites and people were saying that the biker outfit differentiates Wario as his own unique character and not just "evil Mario villain," but like, I love me some purple overalls.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
When you become so insane, you think you're in Smash Bros.
"This isn't...happening!"
goes back to Eternal Darkness
"Wait no! Go back!"

Wow, I thought I'd be the one with an unpopular opinion. I was looking around on other sites and people were saying that the biker outfit differentiates Wario as his own unique character and not just "evil Mario villain," but like, I love me some purple overalls.
I get why Wario is the way he is; the goal was to emulate WarioWare's gamefeel as much as possible, but the portrayal just doesn't line up with Wario's character design. He may be agile, but he's not floaty. In fact, he's incredibly hefty and strong. You just don't get that from Super Smash Bros. Wario. Heck, you could probably get more of that from WarioWare Wario.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I like both a lot and I do think the biker look works nicely on him. But I'd rather the default would be his classic look because that's pretty iconic and is how he's usually represented.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In fact, he's incredibly hefty and strong. You just don't get that from Super Smash Bros. Wario. Heck, you could probably get more of that from WarioWare Wario.
WarioWare doesn't ignore his strength. Plenty of microgames show it off as well as treasure hunting.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I know this is a bit off topic, but I have to ask this because Mario All Stars is almost here: does anyone else feel like the default storage space on standard Switch is really small? I can barely have 3 games playable without having to archive other games which I think is a shame for the console. I can have Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Animal Crossing ready to play, but god forbid I want to play All Stars, I have to archive one of them and then wait for the archived game to download again later.

The Switch is one of my favorite consoles to date, but it makes me shake my fist in the air when I log onto my Xbox One and see that it has 500 GB of storage. 32 GB on the Switch??

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Eternal Darkness is definitely one of those franchises that would be ideal for at least having a stage, even if a character couldn't be justified for whatever reason. There's plenty of ways to utilize an aesthetic of various bizarre beasts and outer dimensional horrors lurking around and at times being a threat to any of those unlucky enough to encounter them.

Plus, with those themes it can also double up as a (final boss) Kirby stage.

SKX31

Smash Master
I think I've heard that Touhou's at least fairly popular in China, which is somewhat surprising knowing Sino-Japanese relationships. Then again, there are a surprising amount of similarities with East Asian mythology and folklore, so maybe it's not that surprising.
China has a massive anime fandom, and China, Korea and Japan have overlapping cultural similarities despite the socio-political tensions. (Tekken is big in both Japan and Korea, LoL is big in both Korea and China, and Dynasty Warriors has a significant presence in both Japan and China). That said, there's also a growing Chinese anime industry - Azur Lane and Honkai Impact 3rd are Chinese-made anime-esque games (and miHoyo, the company behind HI 3rd, is also developing Genshin Impact).

Touhou apparently has a decently large presence in China, yes. Lots of social media accounts talk about it, and videos / posts can reach around 100K regularily or a bit more. I'll have to research this a bit further, but apparently there have been Chinese-made Touhou books too, so that goes a long way.

I get why Wario is the way he is; the goal was to emulate WarioWare's gamefeel as much as possible, but the portrayal just doesn't line up with Wario's character design. He may be agile, but he's not floaty. In fact, he's incredibly hefty and strong. You just don't get that from Super Smash Bros. Wario. Heck, you could probably get more of that from WarioWare Wario.
That's befuddled me too - maybe Sakurai and Sora wanted to emphasize the "weird" aspect? Quoting the Dojo:

Many fans clamoured for Wario to join the fray, and so now he finally makes his appearance...in his WarioWare costume.

It’s rumoured that this unpredictable character will give birth to a form of martial arts that other characters cannot even see...
That's probably the main reason. On one hand I can understand it - the game already has straight up powerhouses like DK, Bowser and Ganondorf, so making Wario the strange heavyweight seems reasonable. That said, it makes him a bit too absurd. His floatyness and general airspeed allows him to dart all over the air and evade attacks like the world's greatest jetpack user. And honestly, I don't think that Wario needed "annoyingly difficult to hit in the air" when he's also small compared to those other heavyweights.

Last edited:

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
If I could pick ONE character not from a video game to put in SSB...

I would easily pick ELSA! She would be so fun to play as!

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I know this is a bit off topic, but I have to ask this because Mario All Stars is almost here: does anyone else feel like the default storage space on standard Switch is really small? I can barely have 3 games playable without having to archive other games which I think is a shame for the console. I can have Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Animal Crossing ready to play, but god forbid I want to play All Stars, I have to archive one of them and then wait for the archived game to download again later.

The Switch is one of my favorite consoles to date, but it makes me shake my fist in the air when I log onto my Xbox One and see that it has 500 GB of storage. 32 GB on the Switch??
I agree. I like the Switch, but even with an SD card, it feels like a joke compared to XBOX and PlayStations' 1TB consoles.
If I could pick ONE character not from a video game to put in SSB...

I would easily pick ELSA! She would be so fun to play as!
You're talking about Elsa from Frozen, right? In that case...
Not my taste but I'd imagine her as an interesting concept. I'd like to think of her playstyle as something like combination of "Ice Byleth" and "Ice Zelda".

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Isn't he essentially :metaknight: with :4bayonetta:'s ladder combos and Witch Time, :foxmelee: 's pressure game and waveshine, :pikachu64: 's stupidly good invincible up B and ability to set up a jab grab (yes) as well as Joker's Up Air loops and Arsene?

(Oh god, Arsene-empowered Witch Time and Shine...)

This answer's going to be detailed and hardcore focused for the smaller regions:

LoL would also be incredibly hype for South Korea generally - South Korea also has significant Tekken, StarCraft and Overwatch fanbases. Nintendo's been regaining their foothold there with the Switch - New Horizons did surprisingly well there. Internet cafés (PC Bangs) are still very much a thing in South Korea, and many of the most popular games have had surprising staying power in the cafés. Korea's Smash scene is rather small - but Uprising 2019 in Seoul attracted quite a lot of Asia's best (incl. a lot of Japan's) to Korea... and MKLeo, who of course won it all.

China's other big fan favorite would be Steve, although there's a surprisingly long list due to how the Chinese hardcore generally prefers importing games. There's a massive casual fanbase that generally follows what's officially released, but Reimu's another fan favorite despite seeing no official release there (China also has an incredibly large anime fanbase) - as well as Dynasty Warriors, which isn't surprising really. The Chinese Switch base is 3 million+ strong and growing, so that might already be a factor. The Smash scene is niché, but has attracted the attention of some large Chinese streaming services who have run Smash tournaments in conjunction with Splatoon 2 and Monster Hunter Iceborne.

SouthEast Asia is heavily computer / mobile. MOBAs and BRs are incredibly popular there, partly due to the presence of internet cafés. However, there is a notable console fanbase there too. There are smaller Smash scenes in the Phillipines and other countries close by, and the Switch performs pretty well in the region (sure, rather low numbers, but still a foothold). SEA is composed of a lot of countries, so certain games might be more popular in certain countries (Vietnam as an example, the PlayStation and LoL's big there). I wrote a bit about the region here. Madame Lesley is a Phillipine, so she has first-hand knowledge that I admittedly lack.

As for other regions... I'm not really that well-versed with LatAm / Brazil. 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus is probably more knowledgeable than I on this region since he's Brazillian. Nintendo has - AFAIK - started to focus more on LatAm and Brazil recently, and Mexico in particular is a Smash hotspot. That country's home to a number of top level pros: MKLeo and Maister in particular.

Likewise, I'm not familiar with Australia and surrounding areas, but I'll leave that up to the Aussies like PSIGuy.

Russia / CiS is an interesting case - that country / region is generally computer / PlayStation because of sheer versatility (again, one can use PlayStations to watch movies). Mobiles also have a foothold there obviously. CS:GO, Dota 2 and World of Tanks are the kings there, and Valve has a strong foothold as a result. Nintendo doesn't have a strong tradition there at all - the DS and Wii really struggled there. And Nintendo of Russia's recenty been accused of severe mismanagement - that debacle forced NoR to turn around and try to re-establish itself. That said, according to a Russian games agency (data from 2018):

Ultimate does have a small presence there, and apparently: Kratos, Steve and Jonesy would also appeal to a large portion of Russians.

AFAIK there's a small but active Smash scene in the Middle East already - although the somewhat small console fanbase leans PlayStation, That said, the Saudi PlayStation fanbase vocally complained when Fall Guys was not released there, and ZhugeEx reported about it here. Like China, the hardcore Middle Eastern console fanbase leans hardcore because the official censorship is seen as too harsh. One particular snapshot from 2018 by Red Bull named Fortnite, FIFA, God of War (PS4), CS:GO and LoL / Dota 2 as the most popular games in the region. So yeah, Kratos would have that region as a bonus. Which might be a surprise to quite a lot of people.

Kotaku's 2018 snapshot on Iran's small but slowly growing Nintendo fanbase goes into further detail:

Those hampering factors are a consistent theme outside of the major regions really. And in a previous (2017) article by the same author:

I don't expect India to become a major factor for Nintendo for a while, but that country is heavily mobile. The mobile stuff has become a political hot topic when the Indian government banned numerous apps with connections to Chinese companies (as retaliation towards the recent border skirmish). PUBG Mobile was one of the casualities - and it was dominant there for a long time. Thing is, India's games industry is not really ready to fill the void, as I wrote about here. Ubisoft operates two studios in India, developing games like the Prince of Persia remake.

I don't expect Africa to become a major factor for Nintendo for a while either, but mobile games have gotten a foothold there. As far as console games go, it's very small - but it appears to be that console tournaments have been held in places like Abidjan (Ivory Coast, West Africa) with games like Street Fighter, Fortnite and Candy Crush featured. South Africa does already have a small console fandom, but I'm not well-versed there either.

This is an incomplete picture, but hope it gave a reasonable picture of the other smaller regions.

I'll refer you to my Western Europe post. Specifically:

And that's how EA's able to make boatloads of money selling player cards on FIFA Ultimate Team - and in game currency - for ridicolous prices (as well as Madden Ultimate Team in America). FIFA's hardcore fanbase generally loathes the practice (I'd imagine Madden's hardcore fanbase loathes it too, especially given how poorly recieved Madden 21 is), but EA's profits keep on rising.
Great write up! Out of the countries/areas you mentioned, I could see China & South Korea being what Nintendo would want to appeal to. So League & StarCraft would make a lot of sense. I wouldn’t really say Steve would be picked specifically for China, since Minecraft is universally popular.

If they want to push Latin America some more, then I could see an Xbox rep as a choice there. Xbox is pretty popular in Mexico. Microsoft regularly holds big events there.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Probably just left over data from their emulator source code but wouldn't it be cool if this lead up to Perfect Dark being on Nintendo Switch Online?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Probably just left over data from their emulator source code but wouldn't it be cool if this lead up to Perfect Dark being on Nintendo Switch Online?

If I remember Perfect Dark code was part of the Wii U N64 Emulator so it is most likely reused code

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, choice #1 on the poll probably isn't right. Let's watch it drop from 42 votes as everyone casts their vote for choice #2.

Then on September 30th, we can watch everyone switch to choice #3.

Then on October 31st, we can watch everyone switch to choice #7.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Well, choice #1 on the poll probably isn't right. Let's watch it drop from 42 votes as everyone casts their vote for choice #2.

Then on September 30th, we can watch everyone switch to choice #3.

Then on October 31st, we can watch everyone switch to choice #7.
Choice #7 is the correct choice! No more fighter pass! Woo!

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I think I've heard that Touhou's at least fairly popular in China, which is somewhat surprising knowing Sino-Japanese relationships.
Like the entirety of East Asia loves a ton of Japanese stuff, whether it be specifically otaku culture-related or not. Crazy regional tensions doesn't prevent people from loving said country's media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom