• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
One thing that doesn't really 'add' anything to this but

Unless Smol Battlefield added Amiibo functionality for Joker and Hero, regardless, Smash will be getting a patch this month one way or another since the Amiibos come out late-September for Japan.

Does this really add anything? No, of course not, they could simply do a very mini patch for Amiibo functionality this month, but Smash is at the very least already going to have to be patched this month regardless.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh are we discussing the 3 in Zell's post?
It's obvious what it means:

In seriousness, I don't believe anything until it is directly in front of me.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I feel like the BIG thing right now is everyone should be sweating bullets about just a really late potential Twitter confirmation of a Spirit event/Tourney.

Until Thursday rolls around, it's still very plausible for an announcement to occur now.
I hear people mentioning Thursday a lot, what could happen tomorrow?

Shroob

Sup?
I hear people mentioning Thursday a lot, what could happen tomorrow?
Well, it all ties back to the King Zell tweet mentioning the number 3, and September 3rd is Thursday.

This, coupled with the lack of ANY spirit event/tourney in Smash and the Directory being updated last night have people thinking that something's going to be shadowdropped tomorrow.

TheBeastHimself

Well, it all ties back to the King Zell tweet mentioning the number 3, and September 3rd is Thursday.

This, coupled with the lack of ANY spirit event/tourney in Smash and the Directory being updated last night have people thinking that something's going to be shadowdropped tomorrow.
Oh haha that was obvious, I'm a bit of a dunce. Yeah, something might happen tomorrow, and something might not, guess we gotta see! But I wouldn't be surprised if we all come into the thread tomorrow saying "wow, Nintendo really still hasn't said anything huh?" but I'll also be pleasantly surprised if something cool drops.

I returned to SmashBoards in July at the start of the drought, but I really wanna get hype with you all! I wanna see this thread go ape ****

TheBeastHimself

I'm not gonna lie, I'd find it amusing if a Mother 3 localization gets shadow dropped tomorrow and everyone here goes "waited all this time for news and it's for a niche JRPG nobodys even played."

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not even paying the leaker-side of things any mind unless they start coming out of the woodwork suddenly.

Right now, the big smoking gun is the lack of Smash event, THAT is the big elephant in the room that needs explaining, since we have hard evidence as to 'why' this pattern breaks in the past, and it's for a single reason.

This would, as far as I know, be the sole time it stops for no reason.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
On the topic of leakers, what is Ryce's track record? Apparently, he's mentioned something about Geno, and now the Geno thread has gone crazy.

TheBeastHimself

I'm not even paying the leaker-side of things any mind unless they start coming out of the woodwork suddenly.

Right now, the big smoking gun is the lack of Smash event, THAT is the big elephant in the room that needs explaining, since we have hard evidence as to 'why' this pattern breaks in the past, and it's for a single reason.

This would, as far as I know, be the sole time it stops for no reason.
We have a special announcement: Today, you will receive an update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate containing a new stage! Get ready to duke it out with your favorite characters on Bigger Battlefield!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just because someone makes a joke about a character being revealed or something DOES NOT MEAN THAT PERSON ACTUALLY KNOWS ANYTHING
Sometimes people like to post fun things without it being a cryptic hint all the time
Pertaining to this specific thing it is pretty well known among a lot of smash communities that a chunk of Geno fans get really riled up when anything slightly related to Geno pops up and a lot of people like to poke the beehive as it were.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
On the topic of leakers, what is Ryce's track record? Apparently, he's mentioned something about Geno, and now the Geno thread has gone crazy.
I believe he leaked Piranha Plant and Incineroar, and outside of Smash, I remember he leaked the entire base roster for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom