• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I just don't want them to get disappointed either but perhaps I should just keep it to myself then from now on. Apologies.
Well voicing your skepticism is ok, there's just a line between that and actively raining on everyone else's parade. Can't say I know where you crossed it, I just don't want you to think that you're not allowed to voice your opinion.

Also, keep in mind that people can find something reasonable without setting themselves up for major disappointment if said thing doesn't end up happening.

Shroob

Sup?
i think they waited until the character (Min Min) was officially revealed, and i think it was Octopath that time
Not what I mean.

When we got the March Mini on March 26th, we hadn't had a Spirit event since the 18th. nor did we have an Online Tourney.

The day after the Direct, with one extra for the Tourney, we had both a Spirit Event and a Tourney, being the Pretty in Pink Spirit event and the Triforce Tryouts Tourney.

They very clearly waited until after the Direct to drop these.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Question, How do time-zones exactly work between regions?
Iirc, timezones exist to make sure that the time of day is the same everywhere on Earth. So like, 12:00PM is always noon, and not midnight on the other side of the world. I believe each time zone to the right of yours is generally an hour ahead of yours, and vice versa.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing with this shadow drop, or potential shadow drop, is that if it’s not Smash related, it won’t explain the lack of Smash event.

Just a weird day all around.
Well, the one answer you could say is, if this is just "The Mario HD" thing, they could drop a Spirit event focused on Mario after they show it off.

But the problem is we don't know if we're getting a Twitter drop or a Direct, let alone if this Mario HD Collection even exists AT ALL.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The thing with this shadow drop, or potential shadow drop, is that if it’s not Smash related, it won’t explain the lack of Smash event.

Yeah, though I do think if there's going to be a general anything tomorrow, Super Smash Bros. will be involved. Honestly, the only way I see Super Smash Bros. not being involved is an announcement of something that is specifically not that.

Well, the one answer you could say is, if this is just "The Mario HD" thing, they could drop a Spirit event focused on Mario after they show it off.
A Super Mario 35th anniversary announcement (or string of Twitter announcements) with a Spirit Event sounds reasonable too.

D

Deleted member

I am feeling confident in Phoenix Wright. I just have the energy within me.

I feel like in the next direct, which could occur soon, we will most definitely get a Smash reveal.

Right now I am on the last chapter of AA2, but I am taking a little break.

Either way:

I.D.

Smash Lord
The day after the Direct, with one extra for the Tourney, we had both a Spirit Event and a Tourney, being the Pretty in Pink Spirit event and the Triforce Tryouts Tourney.
Tryforce Tryouts was in May

D

Deleted member

I am pretty pumped for this direct that is happening soon! Even if it is not Phoenix Wright, I am quite excited!

D

Deleted member

May be happening.

Get excited, but don't jump the gun. Nothing is confirmed as of yet.
I will keep my hopes up anyways, because that makes me feel happier.

Considering it has been some months since Min Min, I feel like it is very likely we will get a Smash reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And then watch we do get the next character revealed.

But only revealed from what game and yet again another Guess Who? game.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
And then watch we do get the next character revealed.

But only revealed from what game and yet again another Guess Who? game.
If it's another Guess Who, it's gonna be the dreaded League Guess Who.

If it has more than 15 options, it's gonna be brutal.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure if we get anything at all, everyone's already thinking it's a Mini. We're not getting a full-blown General this year. Mini? Sure. General? No way.
Do you think we could still get a Smash reveal from this? Sorry if I sound stupid.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I can't believe people still listen to Nate the Hate after his reputation has been taken out back and shot TWICE!

And Jeff Grubb still teasing Geno despite getting just as much wrong.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't believe people still listen to Nate the Hate after his reputation has been taken out back and shot TWICE!

I mean, Nate's the least of the things going on right now.

We have evidence that they updated the Direct Directory last night

And we don't have any Spirit/Tournament currently coming, and doing some digging, the only times that have happened are when new reveals happen in the same week.

I.D.

Smash Lord

Excuse me, we are just using the scientific method to predict the future based on dates and times of twitter posts, none of that "insider" witchcraft.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
General, Mini, doesn't really matter to me. I would just be happy to see a showcase of at least a couple 1st-Party titles at this point, I'm not really concerned with how they brand it. It could be 20 minutes and only cover two games (10 minutes per game) and I'll be satisfied.

Just something to whet the appetite when I'm Starvin' Marvin over here.

If they wanna do a Mini in the near future and then another Mini or whatever sometime later, that's fine.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I mean, Nate's the least of the things going on right now.

We have evidence that they updated the Direct Directory last night

And we don't have any Spirit/Tournament currently coming, and doing some digging, the only times that have happened are when new reveals happen in the same week.
Yeah. A Direct Directory. Which could be another Partner showcase with nothing in it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah. A Direct Directory. Which could be another Paetner showcase with nothing in it.
It could, but we also literally just had one, and while not a pattern, both of the ones we've gotten came at the literal ends of the month.

And that doesn't explain the absence of this week's Spirit Event or Tournament. If nothing else, this has been consistent since the game came out, only stopping when a new reveal is about to happen.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

If Nintendo has something soon, it looks like it will be shadowdropped. For that reason I don't think it's Smash related. I guess it's the Mario collection. But at the same time you're right, because if it isn't Smash related that doesn't explain the lack of Smash spirit event/tournament.
Maybe it's an announcement for a Sakurai Presents ???, which of course would be cool.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
As promised, how my dream brain interpreted Ninten as Smash Ultimate DLC:

View attachment 284269

Yes, his scarf is black, his hat is yellow, and he's wearing basketball shoes. The only thing I fudged a bit was the details of what the hat was. I just remember it being yellow with a black bill, so I made up the rest.

In retrospect, I would turn the hat to his left more and I'd change the proportions a bit. My dream self depicted him as slightly shorter than Ness, being sort of a Pichu to Ness' Pikachu. I don't really like the color balance, so I'd also change some colors, probably on his shoes.

It'd be wild if we got something on this level of reimagining (better design, though) for one of the characters. We kind of already did with Smash 4 Roy and Brawl Pit. I'd be up for another old character getting a modern facelift, especially if that character hasn't been seen in awhile.
I really like this, and I think it's cool you were able to remember so many features of Ninten from your dream! I'm curious, having you been thinking about Ninten lately? EarthBound Beginnings? Ninten popping up in someone's dreams seems incredibly random, maybe your brain was just like: k, here's Ninten.

I really like this, and I think it's cool you were able to remember so many features of Ninten from your dream! I'm curious, having you been thinking about Ninten lately? EarthBound Beginnings? Ninten popping up in someone's dreams seems incredibly random, maybe your brain was just like: k, here's Ninten.
So my secret is that I drew a sketch right when I woke up. Then I didn't have to remember too much 11 hours later. The dream was so vivid I legit thought it was real for a second until I remembered it's September and not January.

I actually haven't been thinking about Ninten at all, weirdly. I haven't even played any Mother games. The closest thing I can remember is that a couple days back I was thinking I should watch the Oddity trailer again. I had a similar thing happen with Dante months ago, again for basically no reason. It might have been because of a thread discussion or something.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like there's always the option of

"There just isn't an event"

But I find that extremely unlikely since they almost assuredly plan these out months in advance, so this very clear gap is very suspicious.

Now, if we suddenly DO get a tweet about one in the next few hours, which is very possible, pack it up, but until then... yeah, something's fishy.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I mean for all we know the hint could’ve just been that there will only be 3 Mario games in the 3D collection.
I'm pretty sure even the first Mario Remasters rumor was just 64, Sunshine, Galaxy as one package and 3D world released separately. That doesn't really seem like it would be "Cryptic message" worthy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom