• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I could see a Sora Mii costume happening sadly. Sora’s appearances in a couple of Final Fantasy games were limited time events. It seems like, for whatever reason, Disney doesn’t want Sora crossing over in other games for extended periods of time.

This could’ve been the main reason why talks between Disney & Nintendo seemingly failed, if Imran Kahn is to believed. Disney might’ve only wanted Sora as a playable character to be up for purchase for a limited time, which obviously wouldn’t be okay with Sakurai & Nintendo. So maybe they settled on a Mii costume. That way Sora/KH still gets some Smash representation but it’s just a Mii costume so it’s not that important if it stops being available for purchase after a couple months.

It probably won’t happen either way. But I don’t think it’s impossible.
Eh, I dunno. Late adopters will feel screwed out if they wanted the Sora costume and it’s no longer available. Pre-order bonuses/timed DLC that aren’t made available for the public later on are frowned upon

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Random not happening discussion starter which is kind of specific but is a fun idea anyway. DQ11 specifically gets a second rep so who do you choose? Erik, Veronica, Serena, Jade, Rab, the last guy who could be considered spoilers, the antag who.is spoilers and maybe the secondary or just go completely nuts and do the guy who lives by the bridge in the Manglegrove. Only the party members would be obvious choices for those who haven't played the game but I wanna hear people's thoughts even though it isn't happening.

Whose to say speculation only has to be restricted to the ones with actual shots? Thinking about how long shots could work is pretty cool too
DQ11 specifically probably Jade, Serena or SPOILER MAN
But I was thinking maybe there could a 'Villain' character who could represent the Demon lords from the series the costumes would be
-Mordegon
-Dhoulmagus
-Dragonlord
-Zoma

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly, I could see a Sora Mii costume happening sadly. Sora’s appearances in a couple of Final Fantasy games were limited time events. It seems like, for whatever reason, Disney doesn’t want Sora crossing over in other games for extended periods of time.

This could’ve been the main reason why talks between Disney & Nintendo seemingly failed, if Imran Kahn is to believed. Disney might’ve only wanted Sora as a playable character to be up for purchase for a limited time, which obviously wouldn’t be okay with Sakurai & Nintendo. So maybe they settled on a Mii costume. That way Sora/KH still gets some Smash representation but it’s just a Mii costume so it’s not that important if it stops being available for purchase after a couple months.

If anything, I think "limited availability" is even more of a reason for Nintendo to either go with full playable Sora or bust. I really doubt they (or Sakurai, for that matter) would want a DLC that is only available for a limited time period. So it's either we get Sora as a full character and he gets the same treatment as the others or we don't get KH content at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Say wasn’t Sora also in a Final Fantasy gacha game temporarily? I feel like it was either Brave Exvius or Record Keeper but if you missed the event for that you’re outta luck 🙃

and yet you can probably still get units based on Ariana Grande or Katy Perry for the former. Yes, that’s a thing. No, I don’t know why.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Say wasn’t Sora also in a Final Fantasy gacha game temporarily? I feel like it was either Brave Exvius or Record Keeper but if you missed the event for that you’re outta luck 🙃

and yet you can probably still get units based on Ariana Grande or Katy Perry for the former. Yes, that’s a thing. No, I don’t know why.
It was World of Final Fantasy as far as I am aware it isn't a gacha game

EDIT: It is a gacha game but the Gacha is like Xenoblade 2 the game is a Final Fantasy Crossover RPG in a similar vein to Project X Zone

Sora is in Brave Exvius but they have redone the event before

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Pretty much. Sora probably would be only possible as an independent character from the pass for only a certain amount of time based on his other crossover appearances.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Eh, I dunno. Late adopters will feel screwed out if they wanted the Sora costume and it’s no longer available. Pre-order bonuses/timed DLC that aren’t made available for the public later on are frowned upon
If anything, I think "limited availability" is even more of a reason for Nintendo to either go with full playable Sora or bust. I really doubt they (or Sakurai, for that matter) would want a DLC that is only available for a limited time period. So it's either we get Sora as a full character and he gets the same treatment as the others or we don't get KH content at all.
Yeah it’s not an ideal situation whatsoever. So it probably won’t happen but there’s always a chance I guess.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay My Fellows, So here's where we are at

So I Messaged both of the Users that replied to that post. and well

The Synopsis is that they can't remember posting in the thread, but not because the picture is fake, but just because it was awhile ago. Keep in mind that picture is apparently from February and we're almost in September, and if they initially thought that list was balooney It's gonna fly by the way side.

They did state it was weird something old got removed like that. The First guy stated that he doesn't "follow Smash News anymore" like that. the 2nd Guy stated he didn't follow everything. the 2nd guy was able to confirm to me that The Leaker, Funkyconnard, did exist, and apparently has a history of getting banned for some reason. the wording is weird for me to weird so maybe he did not mean a whole history, but yeah he's banned

The Important stuff is that

-Both of the people I've talked to have had a history on being on the Smash Board on that site. The First guy told me he used to be into Smash news, but not anymore right now, and I looked on the other guys profile because he had his history public and Smash is on the top of the list

-FunkyConnard did exist, but right now all of his Posts are modded. This is not someone deleting his own posts, the Mods themselves got rid of his posts.

-The Post in quesiton was neither confirmed or Deconfirmed by these Two.

So Once i get into the Reimu discord, perhaps i can talk to the guy that called it "fake" and maybe he can explain the whole details, because honestly something isn't adding up. Will continue my investigation

SNEKeater

Smash Master
This leak is 99% fake but it's a curious one. Posted before of people knowing that ARMS was getting a character. Sora as a Mii Costume is a red flag in my opinion, but who knows. Dante and Gordon Freeman getting Mii Costume'd also feels strange to me.

But hey I wouldn't complain if we ended getting 2B, Phoenix Wright and a Level 5 rep, which I guess would be Layton?
Sounds really good to me.

Admittedly I do have trouble believing Dusk after he pulled the whole "there's been plenty of bad Xbox news, so lets put bad PS5 "news" out there" stunt. But he isn't the first to say a Monster Hunter for Switch is happening and its clear he has reliable contacts at Capcom. But an Switch version of the RE Engine sounds interest and can possibly open many doors like ports of Resident Evil 7 and the recent remakes of 2 & 3.
That stunt was certainly weird, I agree with you, but that doesn't really change his info and his sources, and honestly he has been practically 100% accurate with Capcom stuff so for now I believe him.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

The Synopsis is that they can't remember posting in the thread, but not because the picture is fake, but just because it was awhile ago. Keep in mind that picture is apparently from February and we're almost in September, and if they initially thought that list was balooney It's gonna fly by the way side.

They did state it was weird something old got removed like that. The First guy stated that he doesn't "follow Smash News anymore" like that. the 2nd Guy stated he didn't follow everything. the 2nd guy was able to confirm to me that The Leaker, Funkyconnard, did exist, and apparently has a history of getting banned for some reason. the wording is weird for me to weird so maybe he did not mean a whole history, but yeah he's banned

-Both of the people I've talked to have had a history on being on the Smash Board on that site. The First guy told me he used to be into Smash news, but not anymore right now, and I looked on the other guys profile because he had his history public and Smash is on the top of the list

-FunkyConnard did exist, but right now all of his Posts are modded. This is not someone deleting his own posts, the Mods themselves got rid of his posts.

So Once i get into the Reimu discord, perhaps i can talk to the guy that called it "fake" and maybe he can explain the whole details, because honestly something isn't adding up. Will continue my investigation
Gotta say, even if the leak is fake, kudos for how thoroughly you're investigating the whole matter. And how quickly, at that.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
That stunt was certainly weird, I agree with you, but that doesn't really change his info and his sources, and honestly he has been practically 100% accurate with Capcom stuff so for now I believe him.
He did get everything right about Resident Evil 8 so far and Ono's departure from Capcom does help show he is right so far on what's going on with Street Fighter 6's development and if he is right about Monster Hunter I have to imagine we will see it by the 23rd which is when TGS starts. I can even see it being the one more thing announcement at a September Partner showcase that takes place before TGS.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Gotta say, even if the leak is fake, kudos for how thoroughly you're investigating the whole matter. And how quickly, at that.
I take this Speculation game Seriously

And there's nothing even in for me if This leak is Real, Dante being a Mii Costume (even though even without this leak, I've been leaning on him being a mii) would Suck, Sora being a Mii Costume (Even though I didn't think he'd be playable anyway) would suck. and the list doesn't include Shadow the Hedgehog. There's no bias for me on this one

I just think that the leak wasn't resolved, since the Gamefaqs man pointed out that the guy in the Discord pic apparently actually wasn't a mod. The People associated with the leak do exist on that site and I know 2 of them were involved in Smash speculation on that board, and I can't tell with the actual leaker himself since all of his Posts are Modded. I actually think this Leak needs another look personally

BIG Shout outs to PokaChanclos On Gamefaqs. He's the one that pointed it out the mod thing

Edit: Should I go tell Papagenos and show him the Receipts?

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
He did get everything right about Resident Evil 8 so far and Ono's departure from Capcom does help show he is right so far on what's going on with Street Fighter 6's development and if he is right about Monster Hunter I have to imagine we will see it by the 23rd which is when TGS starts. I can even see it being the one more thing announcement at a September Partner showcase that takes place before TGS.
Yeah. Maybe "soon" for him is 2-3 months, but I assume he means September, in that case it should be revealed during Tokyo Game Show at the latest, I think.

Also I know this isn't MH related but I really hope Capcom is also developing a new Ace Attorney. The Tokyo Game Show would be a good place to announce it as well. Or during a Direct, of course lol

Athurcaounet

Smash Rookie
I take this Speculation game Seriously

And there's nothing even in for me if This leak is Real, Dante being a Mii Costume (even though even without this leak, I've been leaning on him being a mii) would Suck, Sora being a Mii Costume (Even though I didn't think he'd be playable anyway) would suck. and the list doesn't include Shadow the Hedgehog. There's no bias for me on this one

I just think that the leak wasn't resolved, since the Gamefaqs man pointed out that the guy in the Discord pic apparently actually wasn't a mod. The People associated with the leak do exist on that site and I know 2 of them were involved in Smash speculation on that board, and I can't tell with the actual leaker himself since all of his Posts are Modded. I actually think this Leak needs another look personally

BIG Shout outs to PokaChanclos On Gamefaqs. He's the one that pointed it out the mod thing

Edit: Should I go tell Papagenos and show him the Receipts?
I think you did a very good research on this leak so it might be useful for papageno if he wants to talk about in a video. I think you should share what you found with him.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Jeuxvideo? Wasn't that the exact same website that someone used to inspect element a post to make it look like a legitimate Smash leak then got it deleted? I remember it saying characters like Black Shadow.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Jeuxvideo? Wasn't that the exact same website that someone used to inspect element a post to make it look like a legitimate Smash leak then got it deleted? I remember it saying characters like Black Shadow.
I wonder, were the user behind that one and this one the same person? They said he had a history of being banned a lot and maybe this time it was permanent

7NATOR

Smash Master
I wonder, were the user behind that one and this one the same person? They said he had a history of being banned a lot and maybe this time it was permanent
The guy in that leak was named LapallieDor, so unless he made another account, it's not the Same Person

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
This leak is 99% fake but it's a curious one. Posted before of people knowing that ARMS was getting a character. Sora as a Mii Costume is a red flag in my opinion, but who knows. Dante and Gordon Freeman getting Mii Costume'd also feels strange to me.

But hey I wouldn't complain if we ended getting 2B, Phoenix Wright and a Level 5 rep, which I guess would be Layton?
Sounds really good to me.

IDK if we’d see both Wright & Layton in the same pack. I imagine they’d fill a similar role. Preferably I’d swap Phoenix with Dante & then have Layton be the Level 5 character.

But if we get a Level 5 rep in this hypothetical scenario, then a Ni-No-Kuni character would be cool. It’d be neat to get a Gibhli style character in addition to the Toriyama style character we just got.

Also screw it, in the alternate universe where this is true Gordon Freeman comes with the Master Chief Fighter Pack in a FPS themed wave of Mii costumes that include The Arbiter, Joanna Dark, DoomGuy & The Heavy. A guy can dream right? Lol

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

GIVE ME THOSE UPDATED AUTOPSY REPORTS

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Today is Tales of Symphonia's 17th anniversary! It was also the anniversary for Vesperia and Berseria too this month.
Will Sakurai say something about it in his Pic of the Day? I know Tales doesn't have a playable rep and Ultimate technically doesn't have Tales presence, but Smash 4 did have Lloyd's Mii Costume, so maybe...

Just speculating for fun.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Will Sakurai say something about it in his Pic of the Day? I know Tales doesn't have a playable rep and Ultimate technically doesn't have Tales presence, but Smash 4 did have Lloyd's Mii Costume, so maybe...

Just speculating for fun.
If they were to show off his costume returning though I think they’d do it the traditional way with a wave of costumes alongside a playable character

I doubt they’d drop a surprise Mii the same way they dropped Small Battlefield

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I think there’s a good chance of a Tales character getting in. There’s not a whole lot of third party picks left that’ll appeal to Japan. Plus, it’d theoretically be really easy to get since Namco works on the game.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So, it's not dead after all?
Possibly. Phoenix "7NATOR" Wright is currently investigating, though nothing conclusive as of yet.
IDK if we’d see both Wright & Layton in the same pack. I imagine they’d fill a similar role. Preferably I’d swap Phoenix with Dante & then have Layton be the Level 5 character.

But if we get a Level 5 rep in this hypothetical scenario, then a Ni-No-Kuni character would be cool. It’d be neat to get a Gibhli style character in addition to the Toriyama style character we just got.

Also screw it, in the alternate universe where this is true Gordon Freeman comes with the Master Chief Fighter Pack in a FPS themed wave of Mii costumes that include The Arbiter, Joanna Dark, DoomGuy & The Heavy. A guy can dream right? Lol
To be fair, FP1 had two turn-based JRPGs and a Strategy RPG. I don't think Nintendo cares about genre.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Possibly. Phoenix "7NATOR" Wright is currently investigating, though nothing conclusive as of yet.

To be fair, FP1 had two turn-based JRPGs and a Strategy RPG. I don't think Nintendo cares about genre.
We need at least one action RPG rep for DLC...

And I got two choices in mind.

SKX31

Smash Master
the CAR company? lmaooooo :rotfl:

but yeah i can see that (the connections to Steam)
I'm referencing the time when Dota 2 fans asked Valve for a specific event with hats. A lot of the time via Volvo's FB page:

Idle thought: given that Smash has had remixes by Zuntata, I'm surprised we don't have any real Taito representation yet. Yeah, it's technically owned by Square Enix nowadays, but it has its own games that could have content in Smash. Even just a spirit event for Space Invaders or Bubble Bobble would be neat to see.
The Japanese Hamburglar considers Taito viable so why not?

But I struggle with seeing Taito as playable. Where does one start with Space Invaders as a playable moveset? Bubble Bobble is easier to see, but might run into a couple different issues themselves - such as there being a lot of potential retro representatives already. The "rigid" movement the two dragons do exihibit can be replicated a la Belmonts, but other retro picks might have more stuff to build from.

I personally wouldn't mind the two Taito representatives at all, either of them would be really neat additions because they stand out. Especially Space Invaders because A) if Sakurai and co. would somehow manage a moveset it could be really intriguing and B) we have no characters dating before 1980 (okay, Color TV Game is a '70s AT, but part of its inclusion is probably due to it being a cheaper way to reference Pong. What with CTG being a Pong clone).

It's for similar reasons I would be in favor of including something from the 70s or even further back to the industry's infancy (even in an AT or stage capacity). Such as Christopher Stratchey's Draughts (1952) as a stage or even the Cathode Ray Tube Amusement Device patent (1947) as an AT.

Quick EDIT: Would definetely not mind Taito getting Spirits or something like that, that said.

Last edited:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I'm more curious if that post exists or not at this point. Because it absolutely could be a real post while simultaneously not being a real leak.

Guessing games happen and sometimes people get them right. I consider mii costume guy that. Everyone will always go "who could guess Goemon!?" but it's not like Goemon was completely absent from speculation entirely. I was actually pretty bummed out over Goemon getting costumed, I consider him a much better classic pick than like 80% of regularly-speculated characters. And the big name of that pack, Sans, wasn't even in the leak.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Its a shame that any significant DLC is done after the second Fighter's Pass because I'd love for all the various companies that didn't get in Smash via characters or Mii Fighters to have stages offered through the rest of Smash's lifespan.

Why not have Taito get some inclusion via a Bubble Bobble stage? Or a company like Valve allowing a Portal level to fight on?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay I've sent Papagenos the Evidence.

Okay so heres where we are at

-I need to discuss with the Reimu for Smash Discord...once i can get in, that or Papagenos can go ask them (since I asked him if he can get into the discord) about the whole guy saying the thing is fake. The guy actually have credibility, is he an actual mod?

-The actual thread is unlikely to be found unfortunately, at best this investigation gives it more credibility in it perhaps not being fake, but it ultimately doesn't confirm the info or anything

-Perhaps i could find a way to talk to actual mods that may have taken down that post if it existed. That or perhaps I could find FunkyConnard himself

-Of course even if the Photo is true, (which has a good shot) We don't know if the actual info is true. If FP7 turns out to be one of these characters, that may give it more cred

-Optional: If we gain more evidence pointing towards this being real, I might ask Fatman about some of his Smash predictions, See what he says, not to be a Jerk or anything, but he's always perplexes me I would say.

That's as good as it might get honestly as of right now. I think it's up to Papagenos if he wants to go any further, but I think My job is done. Ima go back to hoping for Shadow the Hedgehog

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Its a shame that any significant DLC is done after the second Fighter's Pass because I'd love for all the various companies that didn't get in Smash via characters or Mii Fighters to have stages offered through the rest of Smash's lifespan.

Why not have Taito get some inclusion via a Bubble Bobble stage? Or a company like Valve allowing a Portal level to fight on?
hopefully Sakurai decides to do four more as per the WoL slots. doubt it'll happen but that would be cool

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I never really understand why people think that Wright would kill Layton chance or Layton would kill Wright chance. I don't even consider them coming from the same genre. Both are adventure game in general, but Wright is more a visual novel/point and click, with a way bigger emphasis on dialogue and choice, while Layton's games are more puzzle/point and click, wity a way bigger emphasis on puzzle solving. And even if you consider them from the same genres, they both would have heavily different moveset.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I never really understand why people think that Wright would kill Layton chance or Layton would kill Wright chance. I don't even consider them coming from the same genre. Both are adventure game in general, but Wright is more a visual novel/point and click, with a way bigger emphasis on dialogue and choice, while Layton's games are more puzzle/point and click, wity a way bigger emphasis on puzzle solving. And even if you consider them from the same genres, they both would have heavily different moveset.
Personally, I always thought they had "Similar vibes" Going on. Plus I think there may be alot of Crossover in Audience, I mean that could be a reason they Crossovered together. Then again my own sample size is just one Girl I knew from School that liked Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, and Mega Man X, among other things.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

-I need to discuss with the Reimu for Smash Discord...once i can get in, that or Papagenos can go ask them (since I asked him if he can get into the discord) about the whole guy saying the thing is fake. The guy actually have credibility, is he an actual mod?

-The actual thread is unlikely to be found unfortunately, at best this investigation gives it more credibility in it perhaps not being fake, but it ultimately doesn't confirm the info or anything

-Perhaps i could find a way to talk to actual mods that may have taken down that post if it existed. That or perhaps I could find FunkyConnard himself

-Of course even if the Photo is true, (which has a good shot) We don't know if the actual info is true. If FP7 turns out to be one of these characters, that may give it more cred

-Optional: If we gain more evidence pointing towards this being real, I might ask Fatman about some of his Smash predictions, See what he says, not to be a Jerk or anything, but he's always perplexes me I would say.

That's as good as it might get honestly as of right now. I think it's up to Papagenos if he wants to go any further, but I think My job is done. Ima go back to hoping for Shadow the Hedgehog
You did good Pheonix. You earned that Attorney badge

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I have on account on that site, so maybe I could check if there's a way to contact mods to see if they recall that post. Not sure how many mods there is on that board so I don't guarantee that would work but I could try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom