• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Aaaand I'm having quite a lot of fun playing Elite Smash (?!) as Cloud. And yes, I know it sounds extremely weird, but even though the online is bad it's actually not uncommon to find good matches and opponents at the high Elite Smash level. Helps immensely for me personally.

Also, Gordon Freeman as a costume? Does Half-life even have a presence in Japan? Japan aren’t much of PC gamers iirc
Not absolutely humongous there, but there was an exclusive Half-Life arcade game that Taito developed and licensed by Volvo (nope, not changing that, that's intentional).

I'd say that a lot of Japanese people still know about the series: Half-Life's connections to Steam is very likely a major contributing factor.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Aaaand I'm having quite a lot of fun playing Elite Smash (?!) as Cloud. And yes, I know it sounds extremely weird, but even though the online is bad it's actually not uncommon to find good matches and opponents at the high Elite Smash level. Helps immensely for me personally.

Not absolutely humongous there, but there was an exclusive Half-Life arcade game that Taito developed and licensed by Volvo (nope, not changing that, that's intentional).

I'd say that a lot of Japanese people still know about the series: Half-Life's connections to Steam is very likely a major contributing factor.
the CAR company? lmaooooo :rotfl:

but yeah i can see that (the connections to Steam)

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
troll or noy, Don-chan in smash would be super fun
Oh the leak has nothing to do it with though. The only thing the Leak did was just point my in Don-Chan's direction. It's the same thing that happened with the League of Legends leak, since I wasn't thinking of League before hand
OH yeah Don Chan could be cool although I am not too familiar with the character. I think I may have to give those RPGS a try since they look kind of fun but it depends on how tethered they are to actual Taiko series gameplay so idk.

And yeah the main reason I bring up how they are bsing you is because you said whether they are still as credible or something like that which they aren't. I guess there is bound to be some thrill role-playing as an insider without having to worry about any of the repercussions an actual insider would have to go through should they get weeded out and such. Segways are cool I guess

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
not an inspect element per se, but I do recall one that predicted FPV1 to a T but with KOS-MOS instead of Byleth, and when they asked the person, they actually said it was their personal wishes

i think there was this one around the base game window with Black Shadow, im sure THAT got the inspect element treatment
From the French Board? I don't know about Inspect Element, but there was someone there that managed to predict 3 out of 4 Fighters (After Joker) Correctly. Got fighter 5 wrong (it was KOS-MOS)

from 4Chan, I remember one that was disproven in like 5 minutes i believe

Edit: Ninja'd
Nah I distinctly remember back during base game speculation where some jeuxvideo post supposedly "predicted" Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus and K.Rool, whilst also promising a bunch of other characters like Isaac and Black Shadow to name a few, along with a couple characters already leaked by verge (ie. Isabelle Ken and Incineroar) sprinkled in for good measure

Ultimately turned out to be an inspect element iirc

So yeah... Deja vu

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Nah I distinctly remember back during base game speculation where some jeuxvideo post supposedly "predicted" Simon, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus and K.Rool, whilst also promising a bunch of other characters like Isaac and Black Shadow to name a few, along with a couple characters already leaked by verge (ie. Isabelle Ken and Incineroar) sprinkled in for good measure

Ultimately turned out to be an inspect element iirc

So yeah... Deja vu

Found it. I do remember a leak like this, and yep it existed.

OH yeah Don Chan could be cool although I am not too familiar with the character. I think I may have to give those RPGS a try since they look kind of fun but it depends on how tethered they are to actual Taiko series gameplay so idk.

And yeah the main reason I bring up how they are bsing you is because you said whether they are still as credible or something like that which they aren't. I guess there is bound to be some thrill role-playing as an insider without having to worry about any of the repercussions an actual insider would have to go through should they get weeded out and such. Segways are cool I guess
Oh yeah. I should let the leak go honestly. Personally the only reason I haven't because it mentioned we would be getting an Upgrade and mentioned Shadow as one of the potential choices, but I can't let my Bias get in the way of reason

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice
Idle thought: given that Smash has had remixes by Zuntata, I'm surprised we don't have any real Taito representation yet. Yeah, it's technically owned by Square Enix nowadays, but it has its own games that could have content in Smash. Even just a spirit event for Space Invaders or Bubble Bobble would be neat to see.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Wait actually I need to ask. A guy on Gamefaqs who's french and uses the site says the guy here is just a regular user and not a Mod. Is this guy in the Photo said to be the mod, or is he like a messenger between the Mod and the Reimu Discord people. if not, then were we duped?

The guy suggested we try to ask the people that were confirmed to be in the Picture...so yes

Last edited:

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
So I came across these posts that could potientally be real since one post from a french website was posted back in Feburary about 4 fighters, including Min Min, and some Mii costumes but after this 4chan post, it was deleted.

well it's a pretty impressive roster so far, as much as I like see them as playable characters, I wouldn't be surprised if Dante, Sora or Gordon becomes a mii costume in the upcoming presentations,
and to be honest no is safe from being a mii costume cause it can be anyone, over 2 million copies or not.

Probably cause the truth would break NDA? I dunno
what a minute, if that breaks NDA, wouldn't that mean it real.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
well it's a pretty impressive roster so far, as much as I like see them as playable characters, I wouldn't be surprised if Dante, Sora or Gordon becomes a mii costume in the upcoming presentations,
and to be honest no is safe from being a mii costume cause it can be anyone, over 2 million copies or not.

what a minute, if that breaks NDA, wouldn't that mean it real.
I mean by disproving this one with info that contradicts it that IS real

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay So I know the Leak was considered fake, But Because of the Gamefaqs guy words, I decided to do my own Investigation

So I decided to See if the users in the Pic actually existed. The 2 Guys replying to the actual leaker Exist, I've seen their profiles

Now the actual leaker himself, Funkyconnard It's weird. Everytime i try to look him up on Goodle Advanced Search (that's how i looked up these 3) every topic he's apprantly in says that it's been deleted by a Mod

Keep in mind that messages differ if Mods deleted or if it didn't exist. these topics did Exist, but they were taken down, and it was all connected to the search for the "Leaker" Funkyconnard.

I asked the other 2 if the image existed through Message. If the Gamefaqs guy was telling the truth and whoever the Reimu people were talking too isn't actually a mod, but just a regular user, than the story of the Leak may not come to an end just yet. We'll have to see. I'm waiting on their replies. I'm going renegade

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay So I know the Leak was considered fake, But Because of the Gamefaqs guy words, I decided to do my own Investigation

So I decided to See if the users in the Pic actually existed. The 2 Guys replying to the actual leaker Exist, I've seen their profiles

Now the actual leaker himself, Funkyconnard It's weird. Everytime i try to look him up on Goodle Advanced Search (that's how i looked up these 3) every topic he's apprantly in says that it's been deleted by a Mod

Keep in mind that messages differ if Mods deleted or if it didn't exist. these topics did Exist, but they were taken down, and it was all connected to the search for the "Leaker" Funkyconnard.

I asked the other 2 if the image existed through Message. If the Gamefaqs guy was telling the truth and whoever the Reimu people were talking too isn't actually a mod, but just a regular user, than the story of the Leak may not come to an end just yet. We'll have to see. I'm waiting on their replies. I'm going renegade
Cmon, let it go. They said it’s fake, and I have no reason to doubt that

7NATOR

Smash Master
Cmon, let it go. They said it’s fake, and I have no reason to doubt that
I can't let it go since I'm hearing Two different Stories.

On here, It was said that the Reimu discord was talking to a mod to see if that picture was fake or not, and they confirmed it fake. However I posted about the leak on Gamefaqs. One of the people there apprantly uses the French Board Site and they said the guy in the Pic is NOT a Mod but just a regular user. It's also unknown if he was even in the thread

I'm hearing conflicting stories. I don't know if the Mod thing is true, or the Regular user thing is true. I decided to do my own research and investigate myself because I got to get to the bottom of this. I can't let it go right now.

Athurcaounet

Smash Rookie
I can't let it go since I'm hearing Two different Stories.

On here, It was said that the Reimu discord was talking to a mod to see if that picture was fake or not, and they confirmed it fake. However I posted about the leak on Gamefaqs. One of the people there apprantly uses the French Board Site and they said the guy in the Pic is NOT a Mod but just a regular user. It's also unknown if he was even in the thread

I'm hearing conflicting stories. I don't know if the Mod thing is true, or the Regular user thing is true. I decided to do my own research and investigate myself because I got to get to the bottom of this. I can't let it go right now.
Why not asking the guy on Reimu discord whether he's a mod or not?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tried that too. Even that link is busted, Which is a shame.
Maybe you’re banned from the server? Sorry to be so blunt but that’s the only reason I can think of. Were you there before?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That can't be it. I never was in that Server at all, and I don't think I got Impersonated or anything, Maybe I should just try again
See if someone else you know can get in, just in case

7NATOR

Smash Master
See if someone else you know can get in, just in case
I believe the only Person I can think of is Sharklord, and I don't know if Sharklord is even in the discord. I just suspect it because Sharklord really supports Reimu

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Guys even if this wasn't proven fake yet (which it has), you have to consider there are dozens of ways to manipulate and twist stories. Retroactively manipulating pictures and photoshopping in extra details is not difficult - especially the one that was shown. For those of you who are continuing with entertaining this, just take a deep breath.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

We going AA up in here
unnamed (1).png

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Random not happening discussion starter which is kind of specific but is a fun idea anyway. DQ11 specifically gets a second rep so who do you choose? Erik, Veronica, Serena, Jade, Rab, the last guy who could be considered spoilers, the antag who.is spoilers and maybe the secondary or just go completely nuts and do the guy who lives by the bridge in the Manglegrove. Only the party members would be obvious choices for those who haven't played the game but I wanna hear people's thoughts even though it isn't happening.

Whose to say speculation only has to be restricted to the ones with actual shots? Thinking about how long shots could work is pretty cool too

7NATOR

Smash Master
Random not happening discussion starter which is kind of specific but is a fun idea anyway. DQ11 specifically gets a second rep so who do you choose? Erik, Veronica, Serena, Jade, Rab, the last guy who could be considered spoilers, the antag who.is spoilers and maybe the secondary or just go completely nuts and do the guy who lives by the bridge in the Manglegrove. Only the party members would be obvious choices for those who haven't played the game but I wanna hear people's thoughts even though it isn't happening.

Whose to say speculation only has to be restricted to the ones with actual shots? Thinking about how long shots could work is pretty cool too
I can take a break from the investigation. Jade's the one with the Spear and Green clothing right. I choose her because she's the only other character I can remember

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

My choice is easy:

Would probably be better for team battles.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Erik or Sylvando because those are the only two really good characters

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Honestly, I could see a Sora Mii costume happening sadly. Sora’s appearances in a couple of Final Fantasy games were limited time events. It seems like, for whatever reason, Disney doesn’t want Sora crossing over in other games for extended periods of time.

This could’ve been the main reason why talks between Disney & Nintendo seemingly failed, if Imran Kahn is to believed. Disney might’ve only wanted Sora as a playable character to be up for purchase for a limited time, which obviously wouldn’t be okay with Sakurai & Nintendo. So maybe they settled on a Mii costume. That way Sora/KH still gets some Smash representation but it’s just a Mii costume so it’s not that important if it stops being available for purchase after a couple months.

It probably won’t happen either way. But I don’t think it’s impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom