• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well I had a guy give me info such as Ken being in base game AFTER the leak, Simon being in base game AFTER the leak and that Ridley was in base game AFTER the leak. He told me Mr Peanut would be the next DLC character and come with the inside of a peanut can as his stage and I'm sure that means he's absolutely correct about stuff and should be fully trusted.

Jk but trust me the dude is trolling you if he has gotten stuff wrong. I'll just take a stab and say the stuff he got right was fairly common guesses at the time or its just stuff that he really wanted to happen so he disguised them as predictions. It's about 90% BS
troll or noy, Don-chan in smash would be super fun

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So I came across these posts that could potientally be real since one post from a french website was posted back in Feburary about 4 fighters, including Min Min, and some Mii costumes but after this 4chan post, it was deleted.

Fake because it mentions Sora getting in as a Mii Fighter costume.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well I had a guy give me info such as Ken being in base game AFTER the leak, Simon being in base game AFTER the leak and that Ridley was in base game AFTER the leak. He told me Mr Peanut would be the next DLC character and come with the inside of a peanut can as his stage and I'm sure that means he's absolutely correct about stuff and should be fully trusted.

Jk but trust me the dude is trolling you if he has gotten stuff wrong. I'll just take a stab and say the stuff he got right was fairly common guesses at the time or its just stuff that he really wanted to happen so he disguised them as predictions. It's about 90% BS
Oh the leak has nothing to do it with though. The only thing the Leak did was just point my in Don-Chan's direction. It's the same thing that happened with the League of Legends leak, since I wasn't thinking of League before hand

To be fair I kinda can see the Lloyd costume returning if Heihachi’s did. Same for Gil, not that I think anyone believes he has a realistic chance

If not Don-Chan, I wouldn’t mind seeing KOS-MOS or a Dark Souls character for a new Namco rep that isn’t Lloyd
Yeah. If anything, if Lloyd's not in, I could see his Costume returning with an RPG Character or something, or the Namco character. I only think Heihachi's Costume returned when it did due to Tekken being a 3d Fighting game like ARMS, and Sakurai likes Pairing fighting game character costumes together regardless of Company

Personally for a Namco Rep, I would Want KOS-MOS the most

So I came across these posts that could potientally be real since one post from a french website was posted back in Feburary about 4 fighters, including Min Min, and some Mii costumes but after this 4chan post, it was deleted.

Good find! now Speculation is gonna get Spicy (if this is real

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
hue hue hue...
Capture+_2020-08-29-12-07-20.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Sora Costume makes me doubt this for some reason, they’d either want him playable or not present at all - all or nothing

7NATOR

Smash Master
Sora Costume makes me doubt this for some reason, they’d either want him playable or not present at all - all or nothing
I guess if they really wanted Sora in, but Licensing a Fighter was too much, perhaps they got away with Mii. I just hope if this is true we get at least 1 track

Anyway, if that Post is true, Alot of fanbases are gonna be Salty. I just wonder if Yokai watch is getting Spirits or yadda

cashregister9

Smash Hero

There might be some truth to this mainly with Min Min's challenger pack but part of me doubts that they new that much about the other packs
French Rumors have steered us wrong before

EDIT: Can anyone confirm the Translation for the Original French post? The original person might have just been spit balling and then 4chan took it and claimed it as a leak

Last edited:

Evanosha

Smash Rookie
COVID. That's why.

Really shaking up things in the industry these days. Granted there is a reasonable condition for that. I mean, it's really affecting evreryone; not just the gaming industry.
Just saying, it hasn't stopped rioters from running rough shot across the US in the past 3 months.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also, Gordon Freeman as a costume? Does Half-life even have a presence in Japan? Japan aren’t much of PC gamers iirc

7NATOR

Smash Master
Screenshot 2020-08-29 at 11.18.33 AM.png
So I actually sign up for account of the French site to see the message, There was an message that was actually deleted by the mods

Also, Gordon Freeman as a costume? Does Half-life even have a presence in Japan? Japan aren’t much of PC gamers iirc
Sakurai mentioned Half-Life in a Interview once. He praised the game heavily. I can find the link. It was on Sourcegaming

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Even so, guessing Heihachi, Vault Boy and Ninjara costumes were lucky guesses, and Geno costume returning is a safe bet. I’ll take this with a grain of salt for now

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I'm thinking it's done with inspect element. It's 4chan and we've seen something like this done before. I'm having a hard time believing this.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok so an update, one of the users in the Reimu for smash discord is asking one of the mods of that french website right now to see if that post is legit.
see if they can ask them the question below:

EDIT: Can anyone confirm the Translation for the Original French post? The original person might have just been spit balling and then 4chan took it and claimed it as a leak

Evanosha

Smash Rookie
Even so, guessing Heihachi, Vault Boy and Ninjara costumes were lucky guesses, and Geno costume returning is a safe bet. I’ll take this with a grain of salt for now
I'm not saying the message is real or fake, but I have a hard time believing that guessing Min Min and those 3 Mii Costumes in February would just simply be a "lucky guess"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm not saying the message is real or fake, but I have a hard time believing that guessing Min Min and those 3 Mii Costumes in February would just simply be a "lucky guess"
Heihachi at the bare minimum would be lucky i believe, since some 4 costumes (Jacky, Akira) returned as such before his did. Akira is also an AT in ultimate

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
I agree. An ARMS character wasn't being speculated about back in February (see: the two posts in the screenshot calling the leak fake because of Min Min, IF the screenshot is real, which I doubt), and guessing Ninjara as a Mii Costume and Vault Boy seems reaaally unlikely.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
There might be some truth to this mainly with Min Min's challenger pack but part of me doubts that they new that much about the other packs
French Rumors have steered us wrong before

French is my first langage. The 4chan translation is legit, the original french post does talk like it's a leak. I'm going to check if the post do exist.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Huh, at least it gave us something else to talk about for a grand total of... 20 minutes.

Granted, Sora as a Mii Costume would be the biggest headscratcher of all time, but predicting Vault Boy alone (with no premium music treatment, to boot) would have given this post a very interesting tone if it was legit.

Plus it has Phoenix and 2B so I'd be very happy.

But it's not so... back to the same old routine, I guess.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I knew that it was fake the moment it mentioned Sora as a Mii Costume. Sora is one of those characters that's playable or nothing.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm honestly not believing any Smash leaks at this point. Considering what we've heard about insider info regarding Smash from actual insiders, I just really doubt that anyone outside of the people actually working on this has any real info at this point.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm honestly not believing any Smash leaks at this point. Considering what we've heard about insider info regarding Smash from actual insiders, I just really doubt that anyone outside of the people actually working on this has any real info at this point.
Yeah. Nintendo themselves have heavily cracked down on leaks lately, which makes this drought period even worse.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Could've sworn we've had an inspect element "leak" situation from that same exact site before... Serious deja vu.

Can we at least be more original with our hoaxes for once?
not an inspect element per se, but I do recall one that predicted FPV1 to a T but with KOS-MOS instead of Byleth, and when they asked the person, they actually said it was their personal wishes

i think there was this one around the base game window with Black Shadow, im sure THAT got the inspect element treatment

7NATOR

Smash Master
Could've sworn we've had an inspect element "leak" situation from that same exact site before... Serious deja vu.

Can we at least be more original with our hoaxes for once?
From the French Board? I don't know about Inspect Element, but there was someone there that managed to predict 3 out of 4 Fighters (After Joker) Correctly. Got fighter 5 wrong (it was KOS-MOS)

from 4Chan, I remember one that was disproven in like 5 minutes i believe

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom