• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
For third parties I’d like to see: Minecraft, Resident Evil & Undertale. Replace Minecraft with a more fully realized Monster Hunter stage if Steve becomes playable. I definitely think Minecraft deserves some representation in Smash; I’d like Steve to be playable but if we can’t get that then a stage would be great.

I’d like further representation for RE & Undertale too. I’d kill to have more of Undertale’s amazing OST in Smash.

For first parties I’d like: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun & Rhythm Heaven.

Donkey Kong’s stages in Ultimate are pretty trash tbh. I hate how small they are. A new DK stage is much needed & giving TF some love would be a good way to do it.

If Golden Sun & Rhythm Heaven can’t get a character then a stage would be a good way to give them some more representation.

I’m playing through Ghost of Tsushima right now. I like it but the missions are pretty repetitive & there’s not a lot of level design variety. However, it has the prettiest open world I’ve ever seen in a game. I keep finding myself stunned by the visuals which almost never happens to me. I’m almost done with Act 2, but I’d give it like an 8/10 so far.

I hope you’re liking Far Cry. I reeeeally love those games. 3, 4 & Blood Dragon were so mych
Just started 4 so I'll have to report back on that one. Had a lot of fun with 3 though. Struggled to get into it at first but once I got hooked I got really, really hooked. Planning on getting 6 now when thats out next year.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'd be totally fine with Primordia if it means we get some of the awesome wildlife such as the Everlasting Millesaurs and a pack of Grexes running in the background along with maybe some Cinnicula and Levitaths. And despite being aesthetically similar to gaur plains it still has it's identity with the large Talon Rock spires in the background.
Any Xenoblade X stage is better than no Xenoblade X stage, but there's such diversity in biomes and environments that I'd hate to see Xenoblade double up when it can afford not to. I think it'd benefit other content like music more, as well. Have Primordia and Gormott's themes available so players can use them on Gaur Plains, and for whatever X's stage ends up being have music from the equivalent regions of other games. Sylvalum with Valak Mountain and Tantal music, or Oblivia with Mechonis Core and Mor Ardain music etc. If there ends up being a separate XB2 stage, then do the same thing.

D

Deleted member

It’s always character talk. How about DLC stages separated from a character? (Fat chance it happens buuuuuuut)

For Mario, there could be a Mario Party board where various mini games pop up, or a stage based on Mario Clash in its red and black glory.

Pokémon, I’ve always wanted to see Unknown Dungeon AKA Cerulean Cave, and Sprout Tower could be a cool addition.

And why not a new Zelda stage with retro themed graphics based on the classic NES games? Or a DK stage based on the minecart levels? Endless possibilities, people!
Give me Wizard City or Dragonspyre and I'm content
Wizardcity.jpg
unnamed.png

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's the Wesker kids from Netflix's Resident Evil.
Didn't read most of the top of your post because I knew the punchline was going to be something stupid nobody wants, but I think this is the first time someone suggested something truly cursed as the punchline. Like, every single word here is cursed.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright, I just got off the phone with my super secret insider contact from Capcom. They disclosed to me that the company is getting a fighter to promote a recent product in one of their more mature series. The fighter is a pair of twins born from traitorous father, thrust into their destiny to fight creatures of the night...
It's the Wesker kids from Netflix's Resident Evil.
thanks, I hate it

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
not having a Tetris stage yet just seems like a huge missed opportunity.
In think that in the Smash 4 files there's some thing that hint a cut Dr. Mario stages. Sure it's not Tetris, but it feels like a natural fit for a stage and it's a bit sad that they didn't reused that idea. Maybe we'll get a Puyo puyo stage if Arle's playable. It's obviously not as iconic as Tetris but mechanically it could work similarly.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
The recent Dragon Age 4 teaser makes me wonder if DA would ever be in Smash. I'm not sure it would ever happen or even if it's demand, but Hawke would be pretty cool.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice
Today was one of those days where I just thought to myself: imagine telling someone a decade ago that there would be a Smash game where Cloud Strife could fight Banjo & Kazooie to music from an American fan's EarthBound ROMhack. It would have sounded utterly absurd in its impossibility.

And yet, here we are.

Smash is hard to predict but cool stuff happens. That's it, that's the post.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice
The one criminal thing that Smash has YET to introduce are high quality alternate costumes. There is a vast ocean of possibilities and Nintendo prefers to make Mii costumes instead...
Yeah, I used to think alt costume DLC was guaranteed pre-release. People would def shell out if we got cool ones like PM added back in the day. Given that the game seems to be built on top of Sm4sh, prehaps the code can't accomodate for this. Oh well.
Sakurai Presents in mid-late Sept, placing my chips down now. Friends finally wore me down into trying Fate, playing through the F/SN vn now, so def not hurting for things to do lol.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I have fully released my amiibo data. If you know how to read it, you can mathematically predict Smash DLC character release dates!

I will be releasing a paper on this though. So if you can't read any of it, rest assured, I will go through the process of how all of this works in greater detail later down the line.
It's always a delight to see your mathematical analysis on the Amiibo release dates and how they correlate with a Smash character release.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It’s always character talk. How about DLC stages separated from a character? (Fat chance it happens buuuuuuut)
I was thinking about this the other day, it would be cool if we could get stages for Indies without needing a character.

I was playing Hypnospace Outlaw and was thinking about how ridiculous it would be to have a stage that's basically the internet from the 90s, going to different webpages.

Miles of SmashWiki

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of stages, it's bizarre that they still haven't given R.O.B. a stage of his own after all these years. He ends up having to piggyback off of stuff like Mario Bros. and Wrecking Crew, when making a Gyromite stage wouldn't even be that hard to make interesting what with the potential for some moving elements. They could even do it with pixel platforms like Balloon Fight to save on dev time... I doubt they're going to bother at this point, but it's still a shame.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Still feels weird that gen 7 lacks a stage while having a fighter in Incineroar.

I also agree that the lack of DLC costumes for non-Miis is weird. I'd gladly pay 75c for a Dry Bowser costume. Such thing might be hard to implement for Pokemon Trainer, because do you give all four (counting Leaf/Red) a new alt, or just Squirtle? But I don't think people would complain much if Pokemon Trainer ended up not getting an extra costume. They wouldn't need to add DLC costumes for everybody, but there are characters for which it sure would be nice

D

Deleted member

September it is I guess.

Or October. That's the latest I can see.
September 4 is the one year anniversary of having no main directs. I swear to god if we go past that day...

I’m honestly more worried about how people are gonna react to that(because honestly a direct in less than a week right after we just got a mini/parter is unlikely as hell) because knowing the kind of people who frequent not necessarily here but.. other places, it’s just not gonna be a fun time that fateful day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Let's be real here, folks: Nintendo Directs as you knew 'em aren't happening anymore for the foreseeable future.

It's obvious that Nintendo has written off 2020 and are just coasting off of their evergreen titles on Animal Crossing to get them through this year. If we're getting any more announcements from them, like the long rumored 3D Mario collection, they'll just be done through twitter drops, just as Paper Mario and Pikmin 3 were. Otherwise, the only thing we're getting are those Partner Directs every month (and maybe another Indie World at some point).

Like I said before, as far as Smash is concerned, we're probably going to be waiting until the end of September where they'll announce a Sakurai presentation for CP7 just as they did with Byleth and Min Min, and then release the character in the first week of October.

And then that'll be it for Smash news this year.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
wait, Im in my own world, People are expecting a mini directy after we just has a mini direct?
Yeah. We probably won't get a Direct for a while. Directs aren't usually within close proximity of each other, unless one of them is either a Nindie direct or one of them focuses on a specific franchise.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point, a Sakurai Presentation is our best bet and will probably happen in the last week of September to coincide with amiibo theory.

Another month of nothing it is then.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Hey, I'm really late to the conversation, but why would 3rd parties care if their character was revealed in a Sakurai Presents showcase? Wouldn't a company want a presentation specifically catered to them instead of a presentation that advertises all of their competitors as well?
You could be right, but I think you could also see that the other way around.
Maybe a third party company would rather have his character in a normal presentation, where by default you're gonna have more people watching it because it isn't focused in a single game. A Smash Direct/Sakurai's presentation will be watched by Smash fans, while a Direct, mini or not, will reunite not only Smash fans but also Nintendo fans in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom