• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Maybe is just me but if the next character is revealed in his own presentation, just like Byleth and Min Min, I'm starting to think that FP7 could be first party.
As I said maybe I'm being weird about this, but I have a hard time seeing a third party character, specially if it's a popular or a big one, being revealed outside of a General Direct. Or a Mini, I guess.

I mean not everyone who watches Directs is interested in Smash, that's obvious, and everyone who will check a Smash Direct are at least interested in the content. But announcing Smash characters is still a big part of Directs, and third party characters can and will draw attention from fans of said character, even if they're not into Smash.
I don't think that'll be a factor. If Smash is all they have Smash is all they have. They're not gonna hold off the character for half a year or longer just to stick it in a direct should one not be realizable until then. At least, I hope they wouldn't, though now that I think about it, that kind of sounds like a Nintendo thing to do. If they did do it though it would at least backload the reveals so we'd have a bunch in a row...

If we do get 3D Mario remasters: what would make for a good dlc stage from 64, Sunshine or the Galaxies?

Personally, I’d wanna see Bob Omb Battlefield in glorious HD
They would almost certainly have Bob-Omb Battlefield, a F.L.U.D.D.less stage, and Good Egg Galaxy respectively.
EDIT: Actually, the Super Mario Galaxy duology could also have Starship Mario as an option. Would be a little weird to have a background of a stage also be a stage but eh.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
at this point FP7 could be anyone. low hype, high hype, 1st party, 3rd party, upgrade, new series. I really think anything is possible and we won't know till Sakurai tells us. Or the site gets updated early accidently and we see a new copyright like with SNK.
I'm thinkin' that the next character will be a high hype 3rd party character (even if it's not one we generally think of/talk about) going off the theory that it was supposed to be an E3 reveal.

Am I hyping myself up too much? No because I'm not predisposed to particularly like the high hype 3rd party characters.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
So what exactly happens if they end up not being able to deliver all 6 Fighters by the end of 2021? Like, practically speaking. Do they have to offer refunds or compensation?

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm thinkin' that the next character will be a high hype 3rd party character (even if it's not one we generally think of/talk about) going off the theory that it was supposed to be an E3 reveal.

Am I hyping myself up too much? No because I'm not predisposed to particularly like the high hype 3rd party characters.
that would make the most sense, but who knows. We got Wii fit Trainer as an E3 character for Smash 4(though mega man was also shown earlier) and the hype e3 for ultimates reveal was Ridley, a hype 1st party character

7NATOR

Smash Master
that would make the most sense, but who knows. We got Wii fit Trainer as an E3 character for Smash 4(though mega man was also shown earlier) and the hype e3 for ultimates reveal was Ridley, a hype 1st party character
to be Fair, Smash Ultimate as a Game was revealed in the Same Presentation as well (Not counting March since we didn't know much about the game then). Ridley had that helping him

Because the character has to sell on their own merits, and also Potentially the Pass I'd actually say FP7 is the most important Character in the FP2. Whoever it is needs to be among the hypest pick among the pass, either FP7 or FP8.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
They can just delay it if need be.
Yeah they can just do what they want in regards to pushing back release dates. The same as any other game or DLC expansion.

Like, what are people gonna do? Sue them?

Good luck with that.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Based on the E3 reveal theory, I'm expecting Isaac. While he hasn't seen a new release in over a decade, he's still one of the most heavily requested characters, even if his supporters aren't as vocal after the AT. I'm thinking he'll be the Banjo of this pass.

But I've already told you that, haven't I?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Based on the E3 reveal theory, I'm expecting Isaac. While he hasn't seen a new release in over a decade, he's still one of the most heavily requested characters, even if his supporters aren't as vocal after the AT. I'm thinking he'll be the Banjo of this pass.

if we are going for e3 hype reveal, there are a few choices, depending on who nintendo wanted to hype the most.

If they wanted general gaming hype, Crash would be the best pick. a revived series really loved by a lot of people, and was high ranking in a very old Sakuari japanese poll asking who should join melee WAY back in the day. Most casual gamers know him, veterane gamers know him, smash players know him, and even some non- gamers know him. very good all around hype pick.

If they wanted to hype JUST the smash crowd for hype, Geno is the pick. really only smash players want him, but it fits the smash players request list this game has done with first Ridley, then K Rool, and then Banjo.

If they want to hype up the Nintendo fanbase, either Isaac or Waluigi fits that bill. both are popular nintendo picks, and are pretty well known in the nintendo fandom, Isaac more for the older crowd. Both also are trophy upgrades, which would please the fanbase as well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
if we are going for e3 hype reveal, there are a few choices, depending on who nintendo wanted to hype the most.

If they wanted general gaming hype, Crash would be the best pick. a revived series really loved by a lot of people, and was high ranking in a very old Sakuari japanese poll asking who should join melee WAY back in the day. Most casual gamers know him, veterane gamers know him, smash players know him, and even some non- gamers know him. very good all around hype pick.

If they wanted to hype JUST the smash crowd for hype, Geno is the pick. really only smash players want him, but it fits the smash players request list this game has done with first Ridley, then K Rool, and then Banjo.

If they want to hype up the Nintendo fanbase, either Isaac or Waluigi fits that bill. both are popular nintendo picks, and are pretty well known in the nintendo fandom, Isaac more for the older crowd. Both also are trophy upgrades, which would please the fanbase as well.
and if you wanna throw everyone for a loop, add Sora

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

Plus we need to meet our RPG Swordsman quota. We''ve gotten one every Speculation Cycle since Melee. If Rex and Lloyd don't make the cut, Isaac might have to be our guy

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The next character could honestly be anyone, and I don't think it necessarily has to be third-party because of E3. A lot of people were convinced the pass would start off with a big surprise similar to the first pass. ARMS was a surprise, but maybe not the surprise people had in mind.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I realized that as soon as I hit post : (

If we want to get super petty Project X Zone...
Well it is Dante's First apperance on Nintendo, so maybe Nintendo fans remember him as RPG Swordman, you never know...
The next character could honestly be anyone, and I don't think it necessarily has to be third-party because of E3. A lot of people were convinced the pass would start off with a big surprise similar to the first pass. ARMS was a surprise, but maybe not the surprise people had in mind.
That is true. I do think though that at least it has to be someone People would find very Hype. It's best to pull out the best characters near the start. Min-Min thinking about it is a very weird start to a Pass (Probably the weirdest start in Smash history) that alot of people are expecting to have characters like Dante, Master Chief, Sora, Crash, etc (Usually in the same pass). Not to say it's impossible for those characters to all be coming, and Min-Min might have been first so she could ride the hype cotails of the FP7 Reveal in a hypothetical E3 reveal.

In any case, This is the most important character to reveal honestly. This character, along with Min-Min, will probably set the tone for (Most) of the pass.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Nier gets brought up a reasonable amount, but what about Drakengard? Which rep would you like to see from that series of games?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What about a swordswoman?
Nah, people will say she's there because of political reasons. We need a gender neutral swordsman.
1598499848811.png

Zero would be the One I would go with
I both see what you did there and have no idea what you're talking about and I have no idea how to feel about that.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
So what exactly happens if they end up not being able to deliver all 6 Fighters by the end of 2021? Like, practically speaking. Do they have to offer refunds or compensation?
Sakurai delivers a heartfelt message as to why things had to be delayed and we love him too much to be mad. Honestly, I've already accepted the possibility of a delay. Though, if they release just one more character this year, they'll be on track for around three months between characters in 2021. Which is very reasonable

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
You got the red hair right, but actually...

View attachment 283603

(I wish. Adol would be so freaking rad.)
I can’t believe he’s been wearing his invite letter’s seal ever since Ys VIII, that’s some next-level foreshadowing right there
72281C79-D7C7-4CBA-8571-4828F9D3AB1A.jpeg

(I’m sure this joke has been made before, but I noticed it the other day and couldn’t not say something lol)

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
A swordswoman, huh?
Zacian isn't human though, so I don't think swordwoman would be right.

Actually, the correct term for Zacian can't be said.
SHe is technically the sister of the pair, so its more of a Sowrd Female/
Zacian is genderless.

Most Legendary Pokémon are genderless now that I think about it...

EDIT: Of the top of my head, I can only think of the Forces of Nature and Manaphy as far as Legendary Pokémon with genders goes.
EDIT EDIT: Never mind. Manaphy is also genderless. I thought it'd have a gender due to being able to breed but I guess not.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Idk that pokedex entry clearly suggests Zacian is a sword lesbian.
Well it's not a girl (or a boy) so I'm not sure why. Must have been an oversight.

EDIT: I do agree that Amaterasu would be way better. Though I'm not sure either character is a lesbian in regards to their respective games...Since Zacian can't breed would that make it asexual?
EDIT EDIT: The Pokédex entry also doesn't make any sense since Zacian and Zamazenta seemed to have been forgotten with time.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The Pokedex suggests that Zacian is Zamazenta's elder sister in the Japanese and English versions, but Zacian is classified as a genderless Pokemon.

This is one of those things where there are multiple right answers. You wouldn't be wrong in saying Zacian is female or genderless.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The Pokedex suggests that Zacian is Zamazenta's elder sister in the Japanese and English versions, but Zacian is classified as a genderless Pokemon.

This is one of those things where there are multiple right answers. You wouldn't be wrong in saying Zacian is female or genderless.
This is gonna bug me. You can't both have and not have a gender. Is Zacian a girl and GameFreak forgot to code it in? Is Zacian genderless and the Pokédex entry is an oversight?

TELL ME GAMEFREAK! I MUST KNOW!

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
Zacian isn't human though, so I don't think swordwoman would be right.

Actually, the correct term for Zacian can't be said.
It was a joke lol

Zacian is genderless.

Most Legendary Pokémon are genderless now that I think about it...

EDIT: Of the top of my head, I can only think of the Forces of Nature and Manaphy as far as Legendary Pokémon with genders goes.
EDIT EDIT: Never mind. Manaphy is also genderless. I thought it'd have a gender due to being able to breed but I guess not.
I was just joking, but it's Shield dex entry says that "some say it's Zamazenta's elder sister".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom