• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
That depends on where you stand on the controversial scene where, y'know, Medeus threatens Mallow's family by siccing his army of Dragons on them in order to hide the fact that he's working with Xenahort and Paper Bowser Jr. on their shared quest to use Byleth's Sword of the Creator to turn Geno into a book so that the trio of villains can convert Nintendo and Square-Enix's characters into Shrödinger's Paper characters made out of Paper and Nobodies. Thus preventing Doomguy, JC Denton and Marth from lending the heroes aid and further isolating Sora from the others. Causing Geno to mistake Byleth for a bad guy.

And as you all know, that was only step 1 out of 16 on Xenahort's totally-foolproof-and-not-idiotic plan.
The sad thing is that as someone with only passing familiarity of KH plots, I have no idea how much an actual exaggeration that is.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The sad thing is that as someone with only passing familiarity of KH plots, I have no idea how much an actual exaggeration that is.
As a diehard KH fan, it's not an exaggeration, it's the leaked script for Kingdom Hearts 4.

They left out the part where Geno was inside Sora's heart the whole time, though. And the part where Paper Bowser Jr. was actually Byleth's Nobody.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I've...never seen that.
It's a vibe I get from people expecting the rest of FP2 to consist of Geno and any combination of Crash/Sora/Doomguy/Master Chief/Dante/Steve.
As a diehard KH fan, it's not an exaggeration, it's the leaked script for Kingdom Hearts 4.

They left out the part where Geno was inside Sora's heart the whole time, though. And the part where Paper Bowser Jr. was actually Byleth's Nobody.
And then, you see, it turns out Eeyore...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And as you all know, that was only step 1 out of 16 on Xenahort's totally-foolproof-and-not-idiotic plan.
"Ah, I love it when a plan is so oddly specific that it depends on the heroes taking only the actions I want them to do and not anything else."
-Xenohart, probably

...Geno was inside Sora's heart the whole time...
Oof. He should probably get that huge wooden heart splinter checked out. Sounds serious.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Regardless, I feel like there's now a crowd that supports Geno not getting in on his own merit, but just because he's not first-party. Not Brawl-era Geno supporters mind you, they'd want Geno IN SPITE OF Square-Enix, not BECAUSE OF.
He may be third party, but he's still a Mario character. At that point I think those sort of people would rather support characters from actual third party franchises.

Most people I see supporting Geno are the ones who otherwise typically lean more towards first party wants. Kind of a Banjo situation in that his "pseudo-nintendo" status seems to be a pretty big draw.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If we got an Arc System Works character, would you rather see a historic NES-era character like Kunio or Bimmy Billy and Jimmy Lee, a character from one of their fighting games like Sol Badguy or Ragna the Bloodedge, a more recent beat-em-up character like Kyoko or Misako from River City Girls, or someone else?

(I'm not familiar with their line-up beyond beat-em-ups and fighting games)
It's a toss-up for me but I lean towards Sol Badguy because Guilty Gear XXACR is my favorite fighting game ever. Sol is an awesome character with a ton of flashy moves and a crazy transformation move that would be sick to see in Smash, and the music is incredible. I love the world of Guilty Gear, so the stages, music, spirits, etc that he would bring would be worth as much as the character to me.

I recognize the historical importance of Billy & Jimmy or Kunio and I actually love Double Dragon and the River City games, so they aren't disappointing to me. River City Girls was also fantastic and Kyoko and Misako are just delights and I'd love to see them as a duo character like in that one ArcSys crossover game.

I am not a fan of BlazBlue comparatively speaking. I think it made its mark, but I'd be disappointed if we got Ragna over another ArcSys fighter, especially considering a lot of the BlazBlue characters I actually like just don't have a chance. I'm sure he'd bring great music and mechanics, but my emotional attachment is not positive, especially because it felt for a while that we'd never get another GG game due to rights issues and the original BlazBlue didn't scratch the itch for me in any way, not in story, not in roster, nothing.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
as a die hard KH fan, keep the KH jokes coming, I love making fun of KHs crazyness just as much as I love KH
So I was talking about a video that showed all of the cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts, but only the part where they say "darkness", and one of the people nearby was like "you basically just summed up the whole plot". lol

He may be third party, but he's still a Mario character. Don't think those people really intertwine
I always thought it would be quite weird to see a 3rd party character from a 1st party franchise, especially one as big as Super Mario. I think giving characters like that their own victory fanfare would be a necessity.

Alternatively, they could classify him as being from the Super Mario RPG "series", which would serve to separate the two, but boy would it be weird. Probably weirder than the splitting of the Super Mario and Mario Kart series.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
If we got an Arc System Works character, would you rather see a historic NES-era character like Kunio or Bimmy Billy and Jimmy Lee, a character from one of their fighting games like Sol Badguy or Ragna the Bloodedge, a more recent beat-em-up character like Kyoko or Misako from River City Girls, or someone else?

I would rather see characters from their fighting games. Mainly because I'm pretty fond of Blazblue plus Guilty Gear and Blazblue have a pretty awesome soundtrack.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I was talking about a video that showed all of the cutscenes in Kingdom Hearts, but only the part where they say "darkness", and one of the people nearby was like "you basically just summed up the whole plot". lol
Basicly lol, Darkness is one hell of a drug in thr KH world

MooMew64

The major plot twist is that it's actually not Xehanort who's helping Paper Bowser Jr., it's actually Italian Xehanort: A version of Mario from another timeline/dimension that succumbed to darkness and became a Xehanort after his brother Luigi died in a tragic accident while trying to make sea salt spaghetti. Here's footage of the game where you get to play as Italian Xehanort in a prologue chapter: Kingdom Hearts 3.5/2 *10/5 +.5 Dreaming in the Dropped Birth by Memories Chained in the Distance Sleep HD Final Mix 2.5 Final Chapter Epilogue Prologue Arcade Edition Featuring Remy from Ratatouille & Knuckles from the Knuckles May Chuckles Series:

The finale of the game even features a Smash Bros. confirmation that Italian Xehanort will come to Smash. Wow!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Kingdom Hearts 3.5/2 *10/5 +.5 Dreaming in the Dropped Birth by Memories Chained in the Distance Sleep HD Final Mix 2.5 Final Chapter Epilogue Prologue Arcade Edition Featuring Remy from Ratatouille & Knuckles from the Knuckles May Chuckles Series:
That was amazing

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Sol Badguy. ArcSys is the crazy fighting game company, and Guilty Gear is the archetypal crazy fighter. This is what BlazBlue and many other anime/hyper fighters were based off of. This is Daisuke Ishiwatari's Wild Ride to the highest order. Sol or bust.
Competition? I dunno, Geno's kinda like a Disney character.
It's... Complicated. Sora is owned by Disney, but he's also developed and associated with Square Enix. He's not a hard deconfirm for SE reps like, say, Neku or 2B would, but I think he might at least put a dent in their chances because Nintendo might see him as either Disney or Square Enix, and it could go either way. But that's just me.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That depends on where you stand on the controversial scene where, y'know, Medeus threatens Mallow's family by siccing his army of Dragons on them in order to hide the fact that he's working with Xenahort and Paper Bowser Jr. on their shared quest to use Byleth's Sword of the Creator to turn Geno into a book so that the trio of villains can convert Nintendo and Square-Enix's characters into Shrödinger's Paper characters made out of Paper and Nobodies. Thus preventing Doomguy, JC Denton and Marth from lending the heroes aid and further isolating Sora from the others. Causing Geno to mistake Byleth for a bad guy.

The major plot twist is that it's actually not Xehanort who's helping Paper Bowser Jr., it's actually Italian Xehanort: A version of Mario from another timeline/dimension that succumbed to darkness and became a Xehanort after his brother Luigi died in a tragic accident while trying to make sea salt spaghetti. Here's footage of the game where you get to play as Italian Xehanort in a prologue chapter: Kingdom Hearts 3.5/2 *10/5 +.5 Dreaming in the Dropped Birth by Memories Chained in the Distance Sleep HD Final Mix 2.5 Final Chapter Epilogue Prologue Arcade Edition Featuring Remy from Ratatouille & Knuckles from the Knuckles May Chuckles Series:

The finale of the game even features a Smash Bros. confirmation that Italian Xehanort will come to Smash. Wow!
What I wanna know is: how many times are the words "darkness", "heart" and "Monado" said in the whole story?

Dinoman96

Smash Master

The old age debate returns

D

Deleted member

As someone who's also played some KH games and read up.. alot... on the lore.. this is honestly pretty accurate lol

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
as a die hard KH fan, keep the KH jokes coming, I love making fun of KHs crazyness just as much as I love KH
I still think Pete is the Master of Masters because Xehanort had to engage a ridiculously 4-Dimensional scheme in order to achieve mere mental time travel that required body doubles to host his consciousness and erases his memories when he returns to his original era, whereas Pete created a time portal anyone could walk in and out without any trouble just by wishing for a boat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like I said yesterday, as long as the characters are fun to play I don't give a damn about they look like. Male, Female, a potted plant, furry-like, you can have a character that appeals to me specifically(cough Young Wizard cough) and i wouldn't care less about what they look like. The only thing that matters is how "fun" they are to play(granted that's a subjective thing but still)

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Like I said yesterday, as long as the characters are fun to play I don't give a damn about they look like. Male, Female, a potted plant, furry-like, doesn't matter to me. The only thing that matters is how "fun" they are to play(granted that's a subjective thing but still)
Yeah, I just want people who would be fun. Most of the time, my selection is limited to characters from games I'm interested in. As of current, my tastes seem to lean more towards humans and humanoids, so those tend to be the ones I want the most. Still, I'm open to some cartoony people.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

"Banjo & Kazooie were meant to be in the base game"

lol wut?

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
That was amazing
Only question is: Should one buy base "HD Final Mix 2.5 Final Chapter Epilogue Prologue Arcade Edition" or wait for the 32K VR edition on the PlayStation 9 where one's eye cells feel like the entire game's an amazing LSD trip?

What I wanna know is: how many times are the words "darkness", "heart" and "Monado" said in the whole story?
Spoiler alert:
Metal Face is the one who uses "Heart" and "Monado" the most because he really tried to block Dovachkin, Lara Croft and Rex from appearing in the story. Also as a way to taunt Shulk and Riki for some reason.

Believe that "Darkness" is a tie between Xehanort and Italian Xehanort.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
KU-
DarthEnderX DarthEnderX crashes through a wall

"Kunio-Kun!"
ahem Yes.

MooMew64

I still think Pete is the Master of Masters because Xehanort had to engage a ridiculously 4-Dimensional scheme in order to achieve mere mental time travel that required body doubles to host his consciousness and erases his memories when he returns to his original era, whereas Pete created a time portal anyone could walk in and out without any trouble just by wishing for a boat.
I can't believe Pete was MoM this whole time.

He's just gonna take off the hood and be all like "Youse chumps never saw my master plan comin', eh?"

mompete.png

Oh and on the topic of anime VS. cartoony for fighters: I could honestly care less what art style they come from as long as I think their design is cool and they're fun to play. Can't say I get hung up on roster ratios. :drshrug:

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
To be fair it IS confirmed Hero was meant for the base game but Sugiyama demanded royalties so Hero became DLC
I think it was more that he was considered, but the deal they ended up making was for DLC so they didn't actually work on Hero until then. This would be different from Piranha Plant, who they were actively working on, but just didn't finish.

What...is that?

D

Deleted member

What...is that?
It's a Wizard101 species, the Alphoi. Found in Empyrea during the first and second half of that world. Pretty sure their designs are loosely based on Elfs but not entirely sure considering that's an entire nother species in Wizard, along with Leprechauns and Unicorns.

They're not that bad....especially when you have... uh...whatever this is
hqdefault (3).jpg

I.D.

Smash Lord

Sorry cereal mascots, you had your limelight in the base game. DLC belongs to animechads.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It's a Wizard101 species, the Alphoi. Found in Empyrea during the first and second half of that world. Pretty sure their designs are loosely based on Elfs but not entirely sure considering that's an entire nother species in Wizard, along with Leprechauns and Unicorns.

They're not that bad....especially when you have... uh...whatever this is
View attachment 282883
The terrible quality combined with the expression and awkward proportions gives this image a powerful dank energy. This is prime meme material right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom