• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
And it's because of his AT status that he's not getting in.
Spirits affect gameplay. They have unique battles made to reference their home series, they're usable in multiplayer, they have an entire mode dedicated to them, and most importantly, Sakurai himself stated that they exist as a way to expand the crossover beyond the fighters.

And despite this, :ultminmin. Heck, you can even equip Min Min with herself to get her Spirit again. Spirits were a deconfirmation before, but not anymore.

Similarly, Assist Trophies are gameplay and are meant to represent characters who didn't make the cut. They can also be toggled off based on certain conditions. Shadow can't appear on moving stages where his ability interferes with the mechanics, the Moon can't appear on Termina Bay because it already appears there, Isaac himself can't appear on Spear Pillar, Spirit Train, or the KoF Stadium, and Alucard can't appear on the Wii Fit stage just because vampires don't have reflections. If Spirits are allowed in, Assist Trophies are allowed in.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't know if they would completely delay Fighter Pass 2.
We know the work flow has been hit and Sakurai already hasn't been able to have certain meetings. Some content arriving later than expected is far better than canning it.

Almost none of it was for a fighter.
Fighter or not, they still have to communicate on the matter and get approvals from the respective rights holders.

Supposed evidence of a Switch version has been found in the demo files of Tony Hawk 1+2

I kind of hate the fact I'm reminded of my guilty wish to have Tony Hawk in Smash in some fashion.
Tony who?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think the only things COVID has impacted is how the dev team works and communicates, and their development time as a result of the changes. It may have also been an initial factor in affecting Nintendo's schedule for Directs as a consequence.

That pretty much covers it all, though. It just means things are gonna be delayed a little bit, that's all. The DLC hasn't been devastated because of it.

D

Deleted member

Really I feel the only major thing Covid has caused is pushing the dates on releases back a bit. Canceling entire contracts for characters just because of Covid is like throwing money down the drain; you don’t :yeahboi:

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
They're not gonna cancel any DLC plans due to the virus: Worst case scenario is a small delay. I imagine due to different factors, we're gonna be really pushing that December deadline next year, but it's still a bit too early to comment on long term stuff like that. Let's see how things fair by this December before we get too hasty with deadlines.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I’m not gonna lie, I think this whole dante thing might actually disconfirm him.
If Nate was baiting other leakers to see who was lying, he would probably do a character who wasn’t in the pass at all since some credible leakers don’t always know the order of characters.
That just makes the most sense to me.
Sorry dantebros.
But if that’s the case,
8B1AEC57-D81E-4610-B0CB-816E53FBB86A.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I’m not gonna lie, I think this whole dante thing might actually disconfirm him.
If Nate was baiting other leakers to see who was lying, he would probably do a character who wasn’t in the pass at all since some credible leakers don’t always know the order of characters.
Sorry dantebros.
But if that’s the case,
View attachment 282811
Or Amaterasu. I'd be happy with either.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Sorry dantebros.
But if that’s the case,
View attachment 282811
I doubt he would know about all 5 remaining characters considering how secretive Nintendo is and I guess that the last few fighters didn't even start development (or very little).

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I doubt he would know about all 5 remaining characters considering how secretive Nintendo is and I guess that the last few fighters didn't even start development (or very little).
He wouldn’t have baited other leakers if he didn’t know every fighter. He’s not an idiot (I hope), he would’ve known there’s at least one credible leaker who has all the names but not the order.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sorry dantebros.
But if that’s the case,
View attachment 282811
Does make logical sense. Not much point in a bait if the bait is the bait turned out to be real.

However,
ill ignore that.jpg

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
"Dante is the new fighter guys! Haha, just kidding."
"This must mean he knows not just the next fighter, but the entire pass as well!"

Reminds of when he said he didn't want to hint at anything by not stating the sex of the ARMS character and some people somehow twisted that into a Springman confirmation.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
He wouldn’t have baited other leakers if he didn’t know every fighter. He’s not an idiot (I hope), he would’ve known there’s at least one credible leaker who has all the names but not the order.
Or maybe he's just joking around and is accidentally correct. Kinda like that one moment in SnapCube's SA2 fandub where Alfred declared that the island is going to explode, except the island actually explodes.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Sorry dantebros.
But if that’s the case,
View attachment 282811
An interesting idea, and I could see this being a low-key deconfirm. I can't see NateDrake confidently using Dante as bait if he thought there were even a chance he was coming: He'd use something he'd know for sure wasn't happening so it works as a proper bait.

...Then again, there's still so much potentially pointing to him that I don't think I can write him off completely over this. It's a bit of an interesting snag, but one that could be misinterpreted and read into too much. I'm honestly not convinced this is really much of a blow to Dante speculation in the long run.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's more likely that a guy as well connected as Drake simply knows that nobody is aware of the entire Pass. If he does know the identity of the next fighter, then yeah, this means that it's not Dante, but it doesn't disconfirm him either.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't know if they would completely delay Fighter Pass 2.
They'd sooner do that than reroute the production pipeline. Honestly, COVID-19 would probably stop them from doing something like that even if they wanted to. At the very least doing so wouldn't stop a delay from being necessary.

imilarly, Assist Trophies are gameplay and are meant to represent characters who didn't make the cut. They can also be toggled off based on certain conditions. Shadow can't appear on moving stages where his ability interferes with the mechanics, the Moon can't appear on Termina Bay because it already appears there, Isaac himself can't appear on Spear Pillar, Spirit Train, or the KoF Stadium, and Alucard can't appear on the Wii Fit stage just because vampires don't have reflections. If Spirits are allowed in, Assist Trophies are allowed in.
Unlike Spirits though, Assist Trophies have been officially stated to be disconfirmations, and when an opportunity to add one arose, they picked a character that made less sense. It's a pretty safe assumption that Assist Trophies, while possible to promote from a technical standpoint, are disconfirmed until further notice.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
"This must mean he knows not just the next fighter, but the entire pass as well!"

Reminds of when he said he didn't want to hint at anything by not stating the sex of the ARMS character and some people somehow twisted that into a Springman confirmation.
First of all, I don’t think a single person thought that meant springman. Most were speculating Helix.
And second, this is barely even speculation. You don’t bait a character if you think that character might actually be getting in.
Or maybe he's just joking around and is accidentally correct. Kinda like that one moment in SnapCube's SA2 fandub where Alfreddeclared that the island is going to explode, except the island actually explodes.
I mean, I can see that being the case, but like said before, he’d look pretty stupid if he said “Lol it’s not actually Dante you’re not an actual leaker” and then Dante released.
An interesting idea, and I could see this being a low-key deconfirm. I can't see NateDrake confidently using Dante as bait if he thought there were even a chance he was coming: He'd use something he'd know for sure wasn't happening so it works as a proper bait.

...Then again, there's still so much potentially pointing to him that I don't think I can write him off completely over this. It's a bit of an interesting snag, but one that could be misinterpreted and read into too much. I'm honestly not convinced this is really much of a blow to Dante speculation in the long run.
I agree until the end. If this is a soft deconfirmation, you’d think that it’d actually lower his chances by at least 25%. Because a hard deconfirmation it’s literally lowering their chances by 100%, so you’d this this would actually hurt him in the long run.
It's more likely that a guy as well connected as Drake simply knows that nobody is aware of the entire Pass. If he does know the identity of the next fighter, then yeah, this means that it's not Dante, but it doesn't disconfirm him either.
That could be the case, but either way, I seriously doubt he knows whether other leakers know certain info. They could be getting their info from a completely different source. Their uncle could actually be working at Nintendo. You never know.

What I draw from this whole thing is that if Phoenix is getting in Smash, it’s going to be now. There’s a ton of evidence pointing towards him right now and i with this blow to Dante, while he may not be deconfirmed for the entire pass, he’s definitely deconfirmed for FP7. If Phoenix doesn’t happen now, I would bet that he isn’t happening at all.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Honestly, the Character I'm the Most Confident in as of Right now is Scorpion. I Might add Reimu to that list later

Thinking about it a little more, I'm not as Confident in Geno as a Character as i was Days ago (but I think he will get a New 3D Model in this DLC), and (Unfortunately) I think I should Hold back on Shadow for right now, But I still believe he can make it in
when people think that the character from the series that doesn't get released in Japan is likelier than the one the literally had a Mario/Zelda crossover

maxsad.png

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
First of all, I don’t think a single person thought that meant springman. Most were speculating Helix.
And second, this is barely even speculation. You don’t bait a character if you think that character might actually be getting in.
Wasn't Helix only brought up as a meme? From what I remember, the only draw from it was that if he said boy, we'd know it was Spring Man, and if it was a girl, we'd know it was Min Min, which at that point meant nothing.

MooMew64

Honestly, the Character I'm the Most Confident in as of Right now is Scorpion. I Might add Reimu to that list later

Thinking about it a little more, I'm not as Confident in Geno as a Character as i was Days ago (but I think he will get a New 3D Model in this DLC), and (Unfortunately) I think I should Hold back on Shadow for right now, But I still believe he can make it in
Mortal Kombat has never released in Japan, though. I really, really don't think Nintendo's gonna go for a series that has never appeared in their own home country.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Wasn't Helix only brought up as a meme? From what I remember, the only draw from it was that if he said boy, we'd know it was Spring Man, and if it was a girl, we'd know it was Min Min, which at that point meant nothing.
Nah, I didn’t see any of that. People thought that he couldn’t say the gender because Helix is the only genderless one.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Sorry dantebros.
But if that’s the case,
View attachment 282811

There’s no way he knows the entire pass. He only knows the next character if he knows anything.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

Granted these two had no chance but neither did Helix if we're being honest.
Meh. I guess most people just considered them male when they’re less human than Helix.
Speaking of which, the latter should've appeared as a Spirit in the ARMS Spirit Board, along with Lola Pop, Misango, Dr. Coyle, Hedlok, and Biff.
It was total BS that they used already existing spirits in Min Min’s spirit board. Dr Coyle, the main antagonist, was literally robbed

D

Deleted member

That happened? Geez...
now for the low low price of $299.99, you, too, can get your own rocket-powered Lucario! Hurry, while supplies last!
What the actual **** is in Sakurai head when he makes these

Last edited by a moderator:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Mortal Kombat has never released in Japan, though. I really, really don't think Nintendo's gonna go for a series that has never appeared in their own home country.
First it has actually appeared in Japan during the days of the Arcade era (MK1-Trilogy)

But also, Yeah I know about the Japan thing and such. I still think Scorpion would get in in Spite of that. I know that fact his holding him back, but I still think he has other qualities that would allow him to still appear in Smash

We'll see though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom