• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Oh cool, an excuse to be pessimistic

Rhythm Heaven - Dead series, already considered yet ultimately scrapped, rhythm mechanic wouldn't work out well

Steve - Western franchises don't seem as favored compared to Japanese ones, competition with Master Chief. Overall more likely as a Mii Costume

Elma- irrelevant, game stuck on a different planet Wii U, competition with Rex

Farmer - Niche, might be a bit too similar to Villager/Isabelle, steep competition with fellow Marvelous rep Travis Touchdown

Sora - Disney
Likelier as a mii costume? How?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He is the last of the really big Brawl picks
Can I be real with you for a sec?

If you want Geno fans to be popular in threads that aren't the Geno thread you need to stop saying stuff like this. Cause well, he blatantly isn't the only huge Brawl era pick left and the narrative you're trying to push is both incorrect and insulting to other long time fanbases.

Of the four you mentioned, :ultkrool::ultridley::ultbanjokazooie:,Geno, only two were major and super visible requests back then.

Ridley and Geno were major requests, with Ridley arguably being the most popular first party request that didn't get in.

Banjo was seen as an impossibility and the majority of third party requests went to Sonic and sometimes Mega Man (Sonic outright winning the Nsider poll and Mega Man being cited by Sakurai as the second most popular third party request). Now its entirely possible (and likely) this was a Cloud situation where people wanted the character but never brought it up, but the point remains, Banjo wasn't brought up very much. It wasn't until the Smash Ballot that he started to become a prominent figure.
King K. Rool was not a huge Brawl pick. He wasn't even seen as likely until after Brawl. And there's a very simple reason for that.:diddy: We still didn't have Diddy Kong at the time and Diddy took nearly all of the DK fan's attention. After Diddy, DK fans became a bit tamer in their support and K.Rool requests didn't start really ramping up until Brawl was released. He always had his fans, but pre-Smash 4 was where he became a super popular request. BKupa666 BKupa666 I think you can explain that Diddy was the big Brawl request better than I can.

To call Banjo and K.Rool, Brawl era requests is half truth. But that's not the thing I REALLY take issue with.

What about other super popular Brawl requests that have stuck around for decades? Isaac is a huge character that is still waiting for his chance. Krystal was an absolute titan in the Brawl scene and was really big pre-smash 4. Lyn was a huge request in Brawl and while people have soured over Fire Emblem characters, there's still a strong support base there. What about Bomberman? His fanbase has been around forever and has always been pretty big. It was even bigger back then when the series got games frequently. Midna was a huge request too and the recent release of Twilight Princess and has remained popular. Speaking of Zelda, Skull Kid is also a huge Brawl era request that stuck around. Do they not exist? Are they magically not big enough? Do they not count because they're assist trophies? Do their support threads not have enough posts? What about characters that were popular requests from Smash 4 onward? Are they lesser?

There are tons of popular characters. To act like Geno is the last long time request is insulting to other fanbases. He's not even close to being the last popular Brawl request and the only people saying that are Geno fans. There's almost never a last one because fans keep moving on the the next one. The part that really frustrates me is that fanbases say that kind of thing to try and latch on to other character's confirmations.

After :ultridley: got confirmed, there was a lot of, "oh we gotta get the other reptile villain in," and after :ultkrool:was revealed it became "we gotta get Banjo to complete the three never-evers." After :ultbanjokazooie: was revealed, suddenly its a group of four now and Geno is the last one. See what I mean? There is nothing wrong with moving on to other characters or wanting all of them at the same time. But to pretend that somehow, one character is somehow the last important one is a common trick used be supporters to make their character seem more likely than they are. The buck doesn't stop with Geno and to imply it does makes other fanbases feel insulted.

Now I ultimately agree with you. I think Geno is more likely than not. I also agree that Geno fans get **** on a lot more than most of them deserve. Some of the comments I've seen in other place are... let's just say, not nice and uncalled for. But if you really want other fanbases to like you, this kind of thinking's gotta go. The Ridley thread tried this kind of **** back in Smash 4, and it ended very badly for them. "The last Nintendo All-Star" was thrown around a lot, and I think we all agree that nowadays its a silly statement. I don't want the Geno fanbase to be like that.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Here's a question I just thought of:

If your most wanted got in, what music tracks would you want to come with it?

Considering my most wanted is Young Wizard, from a mmorpg with literal hundreds of tracks and an entire nother game to pull content from, I'm gonna narrow it down to 10 and just list them, because embeding 10 tracks is both laggy and not very efficent. For me... I would pick these 10:

• Wizard City Combat(Wizard101: Wizard City)
  • Vs Kane(Pirate101: Valencia)
  • Cool Ranch Combat(Pirate101: Cool Ranch)
  • Mirage Chronoverge Combat(Wizard101: Chronoverge, aka Vs Grandfather Spider)
  • Aquila Epic Combat(Wizard101: Tartarous, aka the Hell dungeon)
  • Dragonspyre Combat(Wizard101: Dragonspyre)
  • Monquista Combat(Pirate101: Monquista)
  • Vs Rasputin(Wizard101: Polaris)
  • Empyrea Zanadu Combat(Wizard101: Empyrea)
  • Empyrea Aero Plains Combat(Wizard101: Empyrea)
Yeah I know none of these names are particularly inspiring or anything, but it's the best I got.
It’s a mix between Dante and Nero. I’d be happy if either one got in!

Lock and load
Public enemy
The time has come
Devils never cry
Fire away
Cerberus’s theme
King Cerberus’s theme
Abyssal time/voltaic Black Knight mix
Devil trigger
Subhuman remix
Shadow fight
Vergil 2
Something from DmC: DMC

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Likelier as a mii costume? How?
Idk, looking at the big western characters on a similar caliber as Steve, a lot of them ended up as Mii costumes. Ezio, Vault Boy, etc. Starting to feel like Steve would no different.

Though again, the post was me purposely being overly pessimistic as possible so, make that of what you will.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
What about other super popular Brawl requests that have stuck around for decades? Isaac is a huge character that is still waiting for his chance. Krystal was an absolute titan in the Brawl scene and was really big pre-smash 4. Lyn was a huge request in Brawl and while people have soured over Fire Emblem characters, there's still a strong support base there. What about Bomberman? His fanbase has been around forever and has always been pretty big. It was even bigger back then when the series got games frequently. Midna was a huge request too and the recent release of Twilight Princess and has remained popular. Speaking of Zelda, Skull Kid is also a huge Brawl era request that stuck around. Do they not exist? Are they magically not big enough? Do they not count because they're assist trophies? Do their support threads not have enough posts? What about characters that were popular requests from Smash 4 onward? Are they lesser?
I think the simple answer here is the perception that Geno is more likely. It's because of this interview with Sakurai.

None of those other characters you mentioned have had the actual official backing of the series' director himself, so that's why Geno stands out more in the eyes of his fandom. That, and the fact that we still haven't seen the return of his Mii outfit in Ultimate.

It's kinda like Banjo & Kazooie. Like you said, they were viewed as an impossibility due to the Microsoft thing. But then right around the time the ballot was announced, Phil Spencer publicly gave his blessings in regards to Banjo being in Smash, and that was where their Smash following began to become big and vocal as it was prior to E3 last year.

The point is basically the vast majority of Smash candidates become more popular/visible if they seem likely, whether that be having a prominent role in a recent game, having the official backing from Smash's developers or the character's parent company, or rumors from insiders/leaks. Skull Kid literally became a big roster circlejerk character in the first year of Ultimate thanks to good ol' Loz seemingly being a reliable insider at first. But once he turned out to be a fraud, well...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think the simple answer here is the perception that Geno is more likely. It's because of this interview with Sakurai.

None of those other characters you mentioned have had the actual official backing of the series' director himself, so that's why Geno stands out more in the eyes of his fandom. That, and the fact that we still haven't seen the return of his Mii outfit in Ultimate.

It's kinda like Banjo & Kazooie. Like you said, they were viewed as an impossibility due to the Microsoft thing. But then right around the time the ballot was announced, Phil Spencer publicly gave his blessings in regards to Banjo being in Smash, and that was where their Smash following began to become big and vocal as it was prior to E3 last year.

The point is basically the vast majority of Smash candidates become more popular/visible if they seem likely, whether that be having a prominent role in a recent game, having the official backing from Smash's developers or the character's parent company, or rumors from insiders/leaks. Skull Kid literally became a big roster circlejerk character in the first year of Ultimate thanks to good ol' Loz seemingly being a reliable insider at first. But once he turned out to be a fraud, well...
Given all that, though, you'd think that along with Ridley & K. Rool, Geno would have been in base roster. If not that, then the Fighter's Pass. We're now heading into Fighter's Pass 2; kinda feels like if they had any intention of upgrading him from Costume to Character, it would have happened already. Definitely not too late, but you have to admit that given their acknowledgement, the better time to have him added would have already passed. At this point, it feels like there's something else up with him. Something more than a simple want or fan demand holding him back.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Yeah, perceived likeliness is always linked to a more vocal fanbase.

But Geno isn't the last in a group of anything really.

He's just a popular character with enough popularity to merit inclusion. Which is a good thing and is enough to be worthwhile.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Three hours until the indie showcase. Wonder if any more indie characters will make the Mii costume jump.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
While Geno I don't know if I'd call Geno "final Brawl all-star", it is kinda clear he outlasted his contemporaries from the era that still aren't in the game in terms of maintaining popularity and discussion.

Takamaru hasn't really been discussed since he got AT'd. Starfy's series is in the ground and is thusly rarely heard of for Smash. Lyn has largely become a non-presence in speculation as her game gets older and the roster gets more modern Fire Emblem characters. Goroh and Krystal have both been tied down to assist trophies and haven't appeared since the mid 2000's and thusly have lost a lot of common support. Midna had a very brief resurgence thanks to Twilight Princess HD but quickly fell after that. Same deal with Skull Kid and the Loz leak. Paper Mario's still around and is seen as somewhat likely, but has lost a lot of his appeal among the core fanbase.

The only character that's really came close to keeping up with Geno in terms of fan demand from the era is Issac. Even then, Isaac has fallen on somewhat hard times thanks to Golden Sun effectively being dead and the contentious fact that he's an assist trophy. He's still pretty popular, but its hard to say he's really the juggernaut he was during Ultimate's pre-release.

Geno, similarly, kind of died after Brawl released. In fact, he died earlier than most of the characters previously mentioned, most of whom had some presence during Smash 4's pre-release. Where Geno benefitted was the fact he essentially came back from the dead, as his Mii Costume and Sakurai's statements showed that he wasn't quite the longshot that many thought he would be. That, combined with Ultimate's before-mentioned trend of giving massive fan favourites their due and the simple fact that people naturally like the character, allowed Geno to grow into the undeniable juggernaut he is right now.

Now, is Geno getting in? I personally think so, but I also wouldn't call him inevitable. No character is inevitable. Chrom wasn't inevitable for Smash for. Rex and Shadow weren't inevitable for Ultimate's base game. A new Namco and Capcom character weren't inevitable for the first Fighter's Pass.

There's a lot of good evidence for his inclusion (his moveset potential, his popularity, Sakurai's comments), a lot of bad evidence for his inclusion (Cacodemon seems very unlikely with the deconfirmation of Doom Marine and the fact that we're 3 characters out without seeing Cacodemon). Similarly, there's a lot of good evidence for his exclusion (he's still a one-off character from 25 year agos that requires a ton of negotiations to happen), and a lot of bad evidence for his exclusion (Yes, Geno's definitely a product of the Smash bubble when he's placing near the top in multiple major fan polls, including placing second in Source Gaming's poll, which is easily the most professionally ran and well-thought out of any of Smash's fanpolls). I personally think the pros outweigh the cons, but it's iffy to say for sure.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Given all that, though, you'd think that along with Ridley & K. Rool, Geno would have been in base roster. If not that, then the Fighter's Pass. We're now heading into Fighter's Pass 2; kinda feels like if they had any intention of upgrading him from Costume to Character, it would have happened already. Definitely not too late, but you have to admit that given their acknowledgement, the better time to have him added would have already passed. At this point, it feels like there's something else up with him. Something more than a simple want or fan demand holding him back.
Geno to me feels like a character Sakurai knows is popular, but just hasn't been able to prioritise.

Like let's face it, fan demand or not, it would of made absolutely zero sense to include Geno over Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, those two franchises are simply too big and influential to ignore in favor of a two decade old one-off party member in a game that primarily celebrates Japanese gaming. Thus, we got both Cloud and Hero first.

So with them out of the way, I think the real test is whoever the third Square-Enix rep is (if there is one), as none of the candidates really have the "this absolutely needs to be here" aura that FF and DQ did. Like 2B would be a great choice, but the Nier IP doesn't really feel like a missing piece of the puzzle in the same way something like DQ did. I think that's why this is probably Geno's best shot at getting in now, and that if someone else like 2B gets in, it'd be the final nail in the coffin for him.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Geno to me feels like a character Sakurai knows is popular, but just hasn't been able to prioritise.

Like let's face it, fan demand or not, it would of made absolutely zero sense to include Geno over Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, those two franchises are simply too big and influential to ignore in favor of a two decade old one-off party member in a game that primarily celebrates Japanese gaming. Thus, we got both Cloud and Hero first.

So with them out of the way, I think the real test is whoever the third Square-Enix rep is (if there is one), as none of the candidates really have the "this absolutely needs to be here" aura that FF and DQ did. Like 2B would be a great choice, but the Nier IP doesn't really feel like a missing piece of the puzzle in the same way something like DQ did. I think that's why this is probably Geno's best shot at getting in now, and that if someone else like 2B gets in, it'd be the final nail in the coffin for him.
To be fair, who would say that DQ is a "must have" because Erdrick got leaked? Before it, Geno fans would say that FF is the only missing piece of the SE.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
This "fan request" stuff never sits right with me because it applies to so many more characters than the slots we have left. And of course, the ones people point to are always super western-centric like Geno, Isaac, Lloyd, etc.
Geno isn't western centric.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While Geno I don't know if I'd call Geno "final Brawl all-star", it is kinda clear he outlasted his contemporaries from the era that still aren't in the game in terms of maintaining popularity and discussion.

Takamaru hasn't really been discussed since he got AT'd. Starfy's series is in the ground and is thusly rarely heard of for Smash. Lyn has largely become a non-presence in speculation as her game gets older and the roster gets more modern Fire Emblem characters. Goroh and Krystal have both been tied down to assist trophies and haven't appeared since the mid 2000's and thusly have lost a lot of common support. Midna had a very brief resurgence thanks to Twilight Princess HD but quickly fell after that. Same deal with Skull Kid and the Loz leak. Paper Mario's still around and is seen as somewhat likely, but has lost a lot of his appeal among the core fanbase.

The only character that's really came close to keeping up with Geno in terms of fan demand from the era is Issac. Even then, Isaac has fallen on somewhat hard times thanks to Golden Sun effectively being dead and the contentious fact that he's an assist trophy. He's still pretty popular, but its hard to say he's really the juggernaut he was during Ultimate's pre-release.

Geno, similarly, kind of died after Brawl released. In fact, he died earlier than most of the characters previously mentioned, most of whom had some presence during Smash 4's pre-release. Where Geno benefitted was the fact he essentially came back from the dead, as his Mii Costume and Sakurai's statements showed that he wasn't quite the longshot that many thought he would be. That, combined with Ultimate's before-mentioned trend of giving massive fan favourites their due and the simple fact that people naturally like the character, allowed Geno to grow into the undeniable juggernaut he is right now.

Now, is Geno getting in? I personally think so, but I also wouldn't call him inevitable. No character is inevitable. Chrom wasn't inevitable for Smash for. Rex and Shadow weren't inevitable for Ultimate's base game. A new Namco and Capcom character weren't inevitable for the first Fighter's Pass.

There's a lot of good evidence for his inclusion (his moveset potential, his popularity, Sakurai's comments), a lot of bad evidence for his inclusion (Cacodemon seems very unlikely with the deconfirmation of Doom Marine and the fact that we're 3 characters out without seeing Cacodemon). Similarly, there's a lot of good evidence for his exclusion (he's still a one-off character from 25 year agos that requires a ton of negotiations to happen), and a lot of bad evidence for his exclusion (Yes, Geno's definitely a product of the Smash bubble when he's placing near the top in multiple major fan polls, including placing second in Source Gaming's poll, which is easily the most professionally ran and well-thought out of any of Smash's fanpolls). I personally think the pros outweigh the cons, but it's iffy to say for sure.
I'd argue Lloyd's at least as big as Geno. Big fan request since Brawl, got acknowledged by Sakurai, got a Mii costume that's currently MIA (though I don't consider this an argument personally), regularly included in fangames, only real difference is that Lloyd's owned by a company that cares about him as seen with Soul Calibur and a bunch of appearances post Symphonia

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Geno isn't western centric.
Ehh.... kinda?

Geno and Lloyd are more noticeable in the west, but they still have strong Japanese support bases too. I'd say you're both kinda right.

It's not like poor Isaac where some Japanese fans didn't even know who he was. It hurts so bad.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The odds of Nintendo bungling the next fighter are high given it's been a full year since we had the last actually super exciting character, Terry.
I'm sorry, bungling the next fighter? I know the last two reveals didn't go too well, but the only one I'd say the "bungled" was Min Min (and even then, that's only because we had to wait so long, relying on a guessing game).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ehh.... kinda?

Geno and Lloyd are more noticeable in the west, but they still have strong Japanese support bases too. I'd say you're both kinda right.

It's not like poor Isaac where some Japanese fans didn't even know who he was. It hurts so bad.
or little mac where they even went "who asked for him?"

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly, with how this board like to complain, Min Min got much better reception that one would assume. Min Min was received super well all things considered.Only real negative around the time of her release was that she was an absolute noob stomper and people got frustrated with her. Still that died down pretty quickly as people figured her out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, with how this board like to complain, Min Min got much better reception that one would assume. Min Min was received super well all things considered.Only real negative around the time of her release was that she was an absolute noob stomper and people got frustrated with her. Still that died down pretty quickly as people figured her out.
I think that the dreadfully long ARMS tease helped her, she became somewhat expected and was seen as better than the worst potential outcomes

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m a Geno fan. I would be ecstatic if he made it in. However, somewhere along the way the narrative got really twisted for Geno. Geno only just recently got the insane popularity he has right now. And when I say recently I mean like VERY recently. I’m talking like before Grinch leak he was lukewarm compared to characters like K. Rool, Ridley, Banjo, Isaac, he BLEW UP after the Grinch leak and he’s finally maintained his popularity with this game unlike during Braw and Smash 4 where his popularity dropped off considerably.

What I’m trying to get at is you can basically trace back Geno’s ignition into the speculation scene to that Brawl Sakurai Interview. And that’s fine. It doesn’t make Geno or his fans any less deserving than any of the other characters. It’s just now that Geno is as big as he is, newer fans are told things that are just outright not true, Geno was in Brawl speculation but he wasn’t HUGE and saying heis the last big name Brawl request is incredibly disingenuous. Especially when characters big during that time like Krystal and Isaac, two of the biggest characters beside K. Rool and Ridley during Brawl speculation and whom have kept a pretty consistent popularity, still aren’t in.
I'll just post what I said elsewhere.

Almost feels like a sell out.
Saaaaame dude. It’s just super uneventful and thoughtless to just call it BotW2.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The combination of being from a new first party IP while having three months between franchise reveal and character showcase did a lot to really temper the potential salt her inclusion might have had. It wasn't exactly the inverse of Byleth's reveal in terms of good PR, but it certainly was executed much better.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think that the dreadfully long ARMS tease helped her, she became somewhat expected and was seen as better than the worst potential outcomes
She was seen as the most likely and the most popular pick of the ARMs cast which can be a rare combo. I mean, as soon as we knew CP4 was SNK look how many people derided Terry.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That and....

People don't hate ARMS as much as people in the thread say they do.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Now compare that to ResetERA where they all **** on her because she wasn't Twintelle lol

D

Deleted member

That and....

People don't hate ARMS as much as people in the thread say they do.
Really I think ARM's biggest issue was the price. $60 for a very...very small amount of content wasn't enough value in the eyes of most people, and it kinda died because of that.

A shame too.. because ARMS is a pretty cool concept and makes for a fun Party Fighter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
and it kinda died because of that.
That's the thing that gets me.

It didn't die. It's still got a small dedicated community.

ARMS is frequently given different standards. It sold better than every Pikmin game and people never said Pikmin died.

D

Deleted member

That's the thing that gets me.

It didn't die. It's still got a small dedicated community.

ARMS is frequently given different standards. It sold better than every Pikmin game and people never said Pikmin died.
Well... maybe died was the wrong word to use. Like it's got a dedicated community sure but IMO it doesn't have enough content even today to justify that $60. The same 5 modes have gotten really boring over the years. If it was maybe $40 it likely would have sold way better.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
This thread now: “Min Min was the obvious choice. She was popular and a fan-favorite. That and the extended wait for her reveal were the reasons why she wasn’t really hated when she was finally announced.”

Also most of this thread when the ARMS speculation cycle was going on: “It’s Spring Man, obviously. Boyo-yo-yoing!” “I hate this wait, can we please just get it over with?”

I mean, I’m with you guys, I disliked the wait too. But geez, this thread can be hypocritical sometimes...

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This thread now: “Min Min was the obvious choice. She was popular and a fan-favorite. That and the extended wait for her reveal were the reasons why she wasn’t really hated when she was finally announced.”

Also most of this thread when the ARMS speculation cycle was going on: “It’s Spring Man, obviously. Boyo-yo-yoing!” “I hate this wait, can we please just get it over with?”

I mean, I’m with you guys, I disliked the wait too. But geez, this thread can be hypocritical sometimes...
Like Terry who literally was never predicted before the SNK copyright leak and after his announcement this thread was saying "wow it was such an obvious pick! Sakurai likes SNK he said it in one interview!"

D

Deleted member

To be quite honest Min Min took me by surprise. I was sure it was gonna be Spring Man or Spring Girl, considering they're the face of the game.

I'm not complaining though: because really the ARMS gimmick woulda worked well on all of the characters, just with different ARMS. And I love ramen slurps from bowl of ramen I just made

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Idk, looking at the big western characters on a similar caliber as Steve, a lot of them ended up as Mii costumes. Ezio, Vault Boy, etc. Starting to feel like Steve would no different.

Though again, the post was me purposely being overly pessimistic as possible so, make that of what you will.
Minecraft is on a way bigger caliber than those franchises though and unlike those other franchises minecraft actually has a presence in japan

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I generally saw most discussion of Spring Man and Min Min as neck and neck during the speculation period, so her being talked about as popular doesn't really feel revisionist to me. And the dislike for the wait did not translate to dislike of her when she was revealed so at worst there was no connection between the two events. Moreover there's too many voices in this thread alone to really say that people are contradicting themselves in hindsight; a person can be hypocritical but this amount of posters with that many diverse view points means that claim can't really stick to the community at large.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom