• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Every time Tuesday rolls around and a new Spirit Event looms on the horizon, I fear that Sakurai will finally decide to put Ace Attorney on the chopping block.
You and me both.

Please, Sakurai. Don't make the miracle never happen. :drsad:

Also, I'mma have a big "HMMMMM" moment if this week doesn't do a Paper Mario event.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Every time Tuesday rolls around and a new Spirit Event looms on the horizon, I fear that Sakurai will finally decide to put Ace Attorney on the chopping block.
We've seen Phoenix keep his cool in the face of prosecution, but how will he fare against execution? Find out next time on another exciting installment of... Smash Ultimate: Sprited Away!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You and me both.

Please, Sakurai. Don't make the miracle never happen. :drsad:

Also, I'mma have a big "HMMMMM" moment if this week doesn't do a Paper Mario event.
I don't think timing means anything for new Nintendo releases considering how Astral Chain got spirits months after it released.

Also Link's Awakening but replace "after" with "before"

SKX31

Smash Master
To be honest at least big shovelware announcements give us something to talk about. I'd rather have another abysmal partner showcase than radio silence til September. At least we get some John Cena memes or whatever.

Why are you so against Chris Evans in a sweater?
He didn't oppose the Sokovia Accords enough. Damnit, not seen Knives Out the movie yet. Had to go for a MCU reference.

Here's gameplay footage of it on the Switch from a first-time perspective (exclusive to the Japanese eShop):

And the thumbnail image wasn't kidding - the Switch port was announced at a Japanese Direct (The September 2019 one). It did get 300K downloads in just two days on the Switch.

If it's a Spirit, I'm half-expecting it to take out a major request. Actually, I'm expecting a massacre with at least one of the Mii reveals. Bonus points if it's with a hotly-requested character, like Isaac or Dante-We won, but at what cost?
Which is a shame especially since Sakurai's intent with Spirits was not "just pngs". The intent was to represent NPCs not just through their battles, but also power, abilities etc.

It's too cumbersome to set up a casual multiplayer match with Spirits though (one has to manually create the Spirit loadouts and save them one by one for later use), and the ability to even include Spirits in multiplayer isn't properly communicated in game IMHO (it's a toggleable option, but that's that). So most people don't know about / bother with Spirits in multiplayer, and thus they wind up as "just pngs".

That's why I'd honestly love to see Spirit loadouts added to the Shared Content section so they become downloadable and more easily used.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don't think timing means anything for new Nintendo releases considering how Astral Chain got spirits months after it released.

Also Link's Awakening but replace "after" with "before"
Not having a Spirit Event won't lock PM in or anything, but it would definitely be interesting. TBH I'm just thinking that with rumors of all this Mario 35th stuff this year, I'm kind of entertaining the idea of a Mario fighter for the pass, and PM would fit that role very nicely.

My heart still desperately yearns for Waluigi but I know that dream for Ultimate has been long dead, lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
We've seen Phoenix keep his cool in the face of prosecution, but how will he fare against execution? Find out next time on another exciting installment of... Smash Ultimate: Sprited Away!
execution
Now then, now that I, Monokuma, have gotten into Smash Bros., I’ve prepared a very special punishment for the Ultimate Lawyer, Phoenix Wright! Let’s give it everything we’ve got! It’s...

1595966904984.gif

PUNISHMENT TIME!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Admittedly, I feel a little bad for asking this given the circumstances, but how would you guys feel if we had two Directs in August: one being another Partner Showcase, and the other being a General Direct with nothing but first-party titles? I know thag isn't very likely, but given that the world as a whole doesn't make sense anymore, I just wanted to throw it out there.
My reaction would based on whether they have games that interest me or not. If they have either a Persona 5 port, Kingdom Hearts: Story so far, Banjo Redooie or TimeSplitters in the former and F-Zero, Star Fox, Metroid Prime 4, or mainline Super Mario games in the latter then heck yeah I'd be down for that. Otherwise, boring unless they have something I didn't know I wanted which is highly unlikely.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Say, what do you guys think of this?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, at least this one has a legitimate expiration date by which it can be legitimately be proven fake.

Welp. Guess Zell’s right and were waiting for September for the full direct

Just please, no shovelware, that’s all I ask
Didn't he say something about the next Mini being in the second half of August?

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
If it's a Spirit, I'm half-expecting it to take out a major request. Actually, I'm expecting a massacre with at least one of the Mii reveals. Bonus points if it's with a hotly-requested character, like Isaac or Dante-We won, but at what cost?
Isaac's already got a spirit, Mii Costume, and AT. At least we can't be any more disappointed now!

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I think that it's sus as **** to have your profession be half videogame leaker and half sex toy salesman.
To be fair, only one of those would bring them any money. But both would bring people some enjoyment.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Among the many things I don't like about this list, the only thing I wanna ask is: Why is Crono so high? I know Chrono Trigger is literally the greatest JRPG ever made but nowadays the franchise is completely dead and I don't think SE cares about it either. Honestly I can't even picture a Mii costume for Crono let alone a full-fledged fighter.
Yeah, Chrono series is deader than dead unfortunately despite its legendary status. Not only are the creators not interested in it, the last time one of the Square suits (don't remember who) was asked about it in an interview he said something along the lines of "People always say Chrono Trigger is very beloved but every time we re-release it, it doesn't sell at all. So we don't care about it anymore."

I think it speaks volumes that Chrono Trigger doesn't even manage to make it in Square's own crossover games like World of Final Fantasy and Brave Exvius. Consider that despite being Final Fantasy focused, other Square-Enix stuff like Xenogears and Star Ocean, for example, got content there. It doesn't seem like there's anyone left who cares.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Isaac's already got a spirit, Mii Costume, and AT. At least we can't be any more disappointed now!
Me: "Well, Isaac getting basically every kind of disconfirmation during base game atleast means I don't have to worry about it happening during FP2"

Tuesday night spirit event: "Today we unveil secondary versions of Isaac and other Golden Sun characters, with different artwork and stats/attributes!"

Me:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I always though that the worst nightmare pick for smash was [Insert your favorite most wanted]

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That's personally how I felt when Min Min's Miis were up, because between her and Byleth's reveals, I'd gotten into Touhou, got Reimu as my most wanted, and then I realized "Huh, she looks kinda like she'd work as a Mii oh god OH ****" It was interesting, because for the first time, I didn't react with "Okay, who's it gonna be?," but rather, "Hoo boy, who's going to the guillotine this time?" Coincidentally, that was also when we got our first major casualty in Heihachi. Hmm...
Isaac's in an interesting spot, really. His main thing backing him up is popularity and a new game/remaster that may or may not even be real... But at the same time, there isn't any way to deconfirm him save for Sakurai explicitly saying "No, Assist Trophies are still death sentences." straight to our faces. The base game gave him every deconfirmation possible, so he's pretty well-protected.
Well, at least this one has a legitimate expiration date by which it can be legitimately be proven fake.
Hopefully we can finally put them to rest once and for all. We should've done that after the "Complete this puzzle for a face reveal! Give me attention!!!" thing, and after that the vague, melodramatic clips, and yet we still hold on. Can't we just drop them?
Didn't he say something about the next Mini being in the second half of August?
Yeah, but I'm not sure if he really meant it or just wanted the news outlets to leave him alone. He sounded pretty irritated with those sites, so he could just be lying as a middle finger to the outlets. Is there anyone who could clarify, please?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Say, what do you guys think of this?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Can we agree as a site that if she gets this wrong, we'll stop posting her claims/tweets?

No?
Unreliable people are still going to be entertained because we want them to be right?
Dang.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Can we agree as a site that if she gets this wrong, we'll stop posting her claims/tweets?

No?
Unreliable people are still going to be entertained because we want them to be right?
Dang.
You should know better...:dr^_^:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

No?
Dang.
I was just posting to see what others would say about her being wrong. In no way did I necessarily believe them.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guys, I'm so Charged up Right Now. I just got back from the "Rate that Character Thread" and one of the characters being rated today is my Hedgehog Shadow the Hedgehog. I was speaking truth in there, I was Telling the real message, like I was back at war in the Smash Community during the Base game speculation. I Love Debating people about Shadow. Like i said, it's some of the most fun I've had in my entire life

However instead of just speaking about Shadow in here, I wanna ask. What Character Drives you the most to speculate about? what character are you the most passionate Speaking about in Speculation? and this doesn't even have to be a character you want, It could even be a Character you love hating on.
I used to rally real hard for, you'd never guess, Diddy Kong. Felt he was just too obviously missing from Melee's roster. Luckily for me, Sakurai felt the same and Diddy got added to Brawl. After that, King K.Rool was my main focus. Got him finally with Ultimate.

After K.Rool, not many characters still excite me that much. Dixie Kong, Impa and Isaac are the ones am currently the hottest about, and probably remain so untill they're in. But can't say am especially confident in either of them honestly.

I'll let you know I was also passionately defending Banjo and Byleth before they got in. So there's that. Am not hopeless at all. Just a bit less passionate than before, but for good reasons; I got almost every character I ever wished for.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Guys, I'm so Charged up Right Now. I just got back from the "Rate that Character Thread" and one of the characters being rated today is my Hedgehog Shadow the Hedgehog. I was speaking truth in there, I was Telling the real message, like I was back at war in the Smash Community during the Base game speculation. I Love Debating people about Shadow. Like i said, it's some of the most fun I've had in my entire life

However instead of just speaking about Shadow in here, I wanna ask. What Character Drives you the most to speculate about? what character are you the most passionate Speaking about in Speculation? and this doesn't even have to be a character you want, It could even be a Character you love hating on.
He's in my signature, so you already know. ;)

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice

No?
Dang.
You're saying this to the site where there are people that still think the Mallow/Cacodemon video is real.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You're saying this to the site where there are people that still think the Mallow/Cacodemon video is real.
Or the site that people still believed in the Grinch leak even the moment after Incineroar was still revealed? I'm serious, people were talking about how both versions had Ken doing the Shoryuken even though stylistically the official one was done completely different.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Or the site that people still believed in the Grinch leak even the moment after Incineroar was still revealed? I'm serious, people were talking about how both versions had Ken doing the Shoryuken even though stylistically the official one was done completely different.
...Wait, really? Now that's a stretch. I don't know why we were making such a big deal out of Min Min if this was the case; These guys are the king of reach.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
...Wait, really? Now that's a stretch. I don't know why we were making such a big deal out of Min Min if this was the case; These guys are the king of reach.
This was during the final Direct, if you go to one of the older threads you see people still clinging onto hope either way acting like Incineroar was a last-minute decision or something lol.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
Me: "Well, Isaac getting basically every kind of disconfirmation during base game atleast means I don't have to worry about it happening during FP2"

Tuesday night spirit event: "Today we unveil secondary versions of Isaac and other Golden Sun characters, with different artwork and stats/attributes!"

Me:

Tonight's spirit event: "Every Character Named Isaac that Matters"
Featuring
- Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)
- Isaac Clarke from Dead Space
- Isaac Washington from HOTD Overkill
- Isaac Newton
- Isaac Asimov
- Isaac from the Bible
- James Isaac Neutron
- The country of Isaach from FE Genealogy of the Holy War

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You should know better...:dr^_^:
The less I know the better.

I was just posting to see what others would say about her being wrong. In no way did I necessarily believe the,
Fair enough, but I don’t think any good can really come from the continued circulation of disreputable sources.

Yeah well when hot girl videos start jiggling suspiciously we can reevaluate!

Wait-

Let me rephrase.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Please tell me the same does not apply to that Decidueye and Spring Man clip.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Please tell me the same does not apply to that Decidueye and Spring Man clip.
1595978606753.png

Do you know how gullible a majority of this website is? They'll bow down to a fake leak before admitting that another one is actually real. Don't you remember the smear campaign against the ESRB leak for Smash 4, but suddenly it was fine that Rayman's CSS selection has no voiceover for Omni's leak?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Fair enough, but I don’t think any good can really come from the continued circulation of disreputable sources.!
I see your point. Maybe I should avoid that next time?

I would just like to see what happens if (which is a very likely if) she ends up wrong. That said, I do hope there is more than a Mini Direct on the third, though by past experience, I am not expecting anything happening then.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Tonight's spirit event: "Every Character Named Isaac that Matters"
Featuring
- Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)
- Isaac Clarke from Dead Space
- Isaac Washington from HOTD Overkill
- Isaac Newton
- Isaac Asimov
- Isaac from the Bible
- James Isaac Neutron
- The country of Isaach from FE Genealogy of the Holy War
Ah, this must be Golden Sun Isaac's Spirit Board, made to promote the upcoming Super Isaac Bros. Ultimate.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
View attachment 280413

Do you know how gullible a majority of this website is? They'll bow down to a fake leak before admitting that another one is actually real. Don't you remember the smear campaign against the ESRB leak for Smash 4, but suddenly it was fine that Rayman's CSS selection has no voiceover for Omni's leak?
I wanted to hope this time, Will.

I wanted to hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom