• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see your point. Maybe I should avoid that next time?

I would just like to see what happens if (which is a very likely if) she ends up wrong. That said, I do hope there is more than a Mini Direct on the third, though by past experience, I am not expecting anything happening then.
Well if she ends up being wrong, as she has many times in the past, it will continue to reinforce her lack of credibility. But how many times does it have to be reinforced before we stop entertaining her?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well if she ends up being wrong, as she has many times in the past, it will continue to reinforce her lack of credibility. But how many times does it have to be reinforced before we stop entertaining her?
I dunno about the others, but for me, as of this time, it will be the last.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For me, it ended with the attention-grabbing face reveal puzzle.
You mean that little numbers puzzles she posted on Twitter, if I recall correctly? Hardly believed her at first, but with her failures, she gets not a cent of belief from me.

She is also disgusting, too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You mean that little numbers puzzles she posted on Twitter, if I recall correctly? Hardly believed her at first, but with her failures, she gets not a cent of belief from me.

She is also disgusting, too.
those haikus or whatever she wrote about literally using the toilet

i was like dude wtf

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
those haikus or whatever she wrote about literally using the toilet

i was like dude wtf
Yeah, that was just, gross. No one wants to hear that.

That said, maybe I also posted the Nintendo Direct Mini tweet she made because people in the Geno thread were talking about it, and apparently some even believed it. How gullible.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
how would you guys feel if we had two Directs in August: one being another Partner Showcase, and the other being a General Direct with nothing but first-party titles?
I'd feel like my time was being wasted when both of those things could have been one presentation.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
If there’s a spirit event on the way, I’d like anything but another Square IP, please. Unless it’s an FFCC event for the upcoming Remaster that’s coming out in August, I’d be happy with that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If there’s a spirit event on the way, I’d like anything but another Square IP, please. Unless it’s an FFCC event for the upcoming Remaster that’s coming out in August, I’d be happy with that.
I'd be ok with a Star Ocean First Departure R spirit event too, cause i wanna see that franchise promoted more...

just PLEASE spare The World Ends With You that fate... cuz i REALLY want Neku to be playable

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
"Please don't be SMT, please don't be SMT, please don't b-"
Don't worry, they're not gonna reveal an SMT spirit event any time soon.
They'll do it right before the last fighter is revealed so we can get Astral Chain'd

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

i'm blue, da ba dee da ba die

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

It's Velvet room themed, SMT deconfirmed.

kylexv

Smash Master
Paper Mario grows stronger the longer it takes for Paper Mario spirits to release.

Remember how we convieniently didn't get Three Houses spirits around last July?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I demand BLOOD!
What are you a ****ing gang member?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Paper Mario grows stronger the longer it takes for Paper Mario spirits to release.

And remember how we got Astral Chain Spirits about four months after the game release instead of instantly? Hahaha...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
wouldn't be surprised if COVID was causing delays in getting the rights to new Spirit events too, hence all these themed ones

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

Astral Chain was in the same boat when they didn't get a spirit event in August/September just to get one in early 2020 instead.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

So Blue from Blue's Clues is deconfirmed?

smh Sakurai, with your obsession with blue animuh swordies, she would have been the obvious next char

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

And Luigi's Mansion 3. And Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

You make a good point, but I want to ask something. How exactly is Three Houses and Paper Mario in the same position?

Untitled.png

I understand Spirits don't confirm, no duh, but Three Houses didn't have Spirits in the base game. This would be another ARMS situation, not a Three Houses one, where they would take preexisting Spirits and then add new ones for the DLC event.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I just got off the phone with Kensuke Tanabe, he said he isn’t going to allow a Paper Mario Origami King spirit event because beating them would potentially allow players’ spirits to gain EXP.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You make a good point, but I want to ask something. How exactly is Three Houses and Paper Mario in the same position?

View attachment 280441

I understand Spirits don't confirm, no duh, but Three Houses didn't have Spirits in the base game. This would be another ARMS situation, not a Three Houses one, where they would take preexisting Spirits and then add new ones for the DLC event.
think they mean specifically for Origami King

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
think they mean specifically for Origami King
**** could happen for any other series, by that logic we should be dumping Gen 8 Pokemon out the window. Paper Mario is just in a sea of others just like him. They're orbiting around him solely for the release time.

Is Paper Mario a contender? Yeah. But let's not forget literally everyone else.

Last edited:

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I'm just glad that after the Warframe spirit was added to the black spirit event, this blue event didn't pull something like "For a limited time, the Spirit Board will be filled with blue spirits, including the NEW Phoenix Wright spirit from the Ace Attorney series!"

SharkLord

Smash Hero
**** could happen for any other series, by that logic we should be dumping Gen 8 Pokemon out the window. Paper Mario is just in a sea of others just like him. They're orbiting around him solely for the release time.
I'm personally not buying a Gen 8 Pokemon because of the event. Why release those Spirits if they'll just be part of the board later? It doesn't make sense, especially since they were released a couple weeks after Terry's DLC. It would have to have been planned around the same time as FP2, so I doubt they'd have Spirits for something that'll just come later.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm just glad that after the Warframe spirit was added to the black spirit event, this blue event didn't pull something like "For a limited time, the Spirit Board will be filled with blue spirits, including the NEW Phoenix Wright spirit from the Ace Attorney series!"
They COULD have added Sans... just saying. He wears a blue coat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom