• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
on a sidenote I'm surprised no one brought up bubsy considering his reception as a mascot(although that would be pretty funny if bubsy joins the smash cast just to see the salt from some of the smash fandom).

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm betting on a Three Houses character (I've heard the game Edelgard getting thrown around a lot) and the Astral Chain PC.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
on a sidenote I'm surprised no one brought up bubsy considering his reception as a mascot(although that would be pretty funny if bubsy joins the smash cast just to see the salt from some of the smash fandom).
Bubsy’s reveal would have ‘What could pawssibly go wrong?!’ as the tagline

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No one says Bubsy because no one thinks he has a genuine shot.

As a refinement of what I'd said earlier, I wouldn't "hate" anyone (I'd probably be more confounded than anything else), but the starters I mentioned before are characters that worry me. Not that I think they're too likely, but they are a possibility and I don't think they are a good one. But in the end they'll at least be fun to play.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I missed some discussion on Tekken that happened a few pages back so I wanted to lend in my two cents on some recent news:

Today it was confirmed that Heihachi (as well as Jin and Kazuya) will be guest-starring in the King of Fighters All-Stars mobile game.

Why is this important? Because all of the characters in KoF All-Stars are fully voiced and AFAIK all of the voice-clips are completely brand new. They even got Takehito Koyasu (AKA Dio) to voice Shingo again after a +10 year hiatus of the character being voiced (not to mention most of the older KoF VA's who got replaced in XIV).

So Heihachi's appearance means one of two things:
  1. They got a new VA for Heihachi, eliminating any argument that Heihachi's character is done for due to his VA passing away.
  2. They are reusing his voice clips from Tekken 7, meaning Namco is fine with paying tribute to the late Unsho Ishizuka through recycled clips.
Granted I'm still not all that confident in Heihachi happening, but I just thought it'd be worth noting that his character isn't retired (at least for spin-off appearances such as Smash) as some have been saying because of the VA situation.

Last edited:

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I know this is off-topic and a pretty bad question but what video game character would you really hate to see in the fighter pass.(my own awnser is any poorly done political main character)
I don't think I can say "Hate", but the closest thing to it is Dante probably, I love the DMC games but I think Dante would be a lazy choice.
But If he gets in it'll be hype for me that's for sure.

It's the same thing with Capcom. There's more potential franchises to be added than just Resident Evil, with Devil May Cry, Ace Attorney, Okami, and Monster Hunter as some examples.
To be honest, now people talk about Resident Evil MOSTLY because of its popularity, the franchise didn't have that much support in regards to Smash to begin with, but its not that Sakurai always prioritizes what people want so anything could happen.
Still, I'm 99% sure RE will have some kind of content in Smash, I don't wanna say it but... It makes sense, the franchise deserves it.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Probably a Three Houses/Galar Pokemon character. I'm really opposed to anyone that hasn't actually proven themselves as a likable character within the community before being put into Smash. Not to say I wouldn't be fine with them later if I do turn out to actually like them, but for Ultimate's Figther's Pass? To top it all off with those types of characters after the stars we got for the first 3? That'd be a downer.
I don't think we will be getting a Three Houses or Galar rep in the Fighters' Pass based on Smash's history.
As pointed out at the 4:29 timestamp, Roy was the only character to get in Smash Bros. The problem is that Roy's game "Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade" got delayed and the changes during that delay made the Smash version of Roy inaccurate. We know Sakurai wants to be faithful to these characters and his experience with Roy likely taught him to never pick characters until their first title is released. Greninja and Incineroar did get in the base games of Smash 4 and Ultimate respectively, but the Smash team had to wait for the release of the respective Pokemon games before including them.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know this is off-topic and a pretty bad question but what video game character would you really hate to see in the fighter pass.(my own awnser is any poorly done political main character)
Nobody, because I don't care nor cry over other people's happiness.

I just want a character, feel disappointed if they're not in, and carry on while finding whoever is in "cool" or "okay whatever."

personally I get annoyed by the Steve haters if they strawman arguments against him, and say things that just make them look incredibly ignorant, but at least the people here are reasonable and just dislike him, except for one or two dudes that just had to come into the Steve thread just to be scumbags and push their ideas as facts or tell us to stop crying when nobody was; neither of them post in this thread though. Then of course there's all the other toxic people that argue against characters by simply using their own opinions and act like jerks. Don't even ask me why some people seem to group all Steve fans together as trolls when he's obviously a legitimate choice and you can easily find thousands and thousands of genuine fans by looking at how good the positive Steve in Smash-related youtube videos do alone, with the small minority of trolls that use the deformed render obviously being fakers. Basing a fanbase off of some people is stupid anyway, we may as well assume every game/character and its/their fanbase are horrible at that point.

Last edited:

Gran-Rojo

Smash Cadet
I missed some discussion on Tekken that happened a few pages back so I wanted to lend in my two cents on some recent news:

Today it was confirmed that Heihachi (as well as Jin and Kazuya) will be guest-starring in the King of Fighters All-Stars mobile game.

Why is this important? Because all of the characters in KoF All-Stars are fully voiced and AFAIK all of the voice-clips are completely brand new. They even got Takehito Koyasu (AKA Dio) to voice Shingo again after a +10 year hiatus of the character being voiced (not to mention most of the older KoF VA's who got replaced in XIV).

1. They got a new VA for Heihachi, eliminating any argument that Heihachi's character is done for due to his VA passing away.
  2. They are reusing his voice clips from Tekken 7, meaning Namco is fine with paying tribute to the late Unsho Ishizuka through recycled clips.
Granted I'm still not all that confident in Heihachi happening, but I just thought it'd be worth noting that his character isn't retired (at least for spin-off appearances such as Smash) as some have been saying because of the VA situation.
This is very intriguing information, thanks for this. I feel that the voice actor having passed away was the best argument against Heihachi's inclusion, but this shows that it is still possible for the character to show up in crossovers fully voiced.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Honestly, this reeks of 'well he was already going to be in Smash Ultimate so we might as well put him in this mobile game' to me. I never felt like the VA thing was a dealbreaker, but now it turns out to not even make a dent and Heihachi is back as King of Bamco.

Also I misread a sentence as Dio being in the game and thought that was awesome but hey whatcha gon do

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I'm genuinely intrigued why people think Digimon is being slept on. When I see the list of 3rd party characters they're pretty much all from 'canonically' great video games. Banjo is probably one of the lesser acclaimed games, and even then its revered as a crown jewel of the N64. I genuinely don't think I've ever seen someone hold up a Digimon game as one of the best games on a system, let alone of all time.

What is it about Agumon, besides being from a genre that isn't represented in Smash currently and the (anime aside, completely one sided) rivalry with Pokemon that makes them more likely than the likes of Tekken, Dark Souls, Soulcalibur, Tales of or even Xenosaga?

I'm not even sure of the "represents Bandai over Namco" train of thought, because Bandai's properties all felt like they existed to promote a toyline, because that's where their bread and butter was.

I don't mean to disparage anyone who thinks Agumon has the greatest chance of being the next Bamco rep, I just don't see it being in the top 5 from that company at all.

Last edited:

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I'm genuinely intrigued why people think Digimon is being slept on. When I see the list of 3rd party characters they're pretty much all from 'canonically' great video games. Banjo is probably one of the lesser acclaimed games, and even then its revered as a crown jewel of the N64. I genuinely don't think I've ever seen someone hold up a Digimon game as one of the best games on a system, let alone of all time.

What is it about Agumon, besides being from a genre that isn't represented in Smash currently and the (anime aside, completely one sided) rivalry with Pokemon that makes them more likely than the likes of Tekken, Dark Souls, Soulcalibur, Tales of or even Xenosaga?

I'm not even sure of the "represents Bandai over Namco" train of thought, because Bandai's properties all felt like they existed to promote a toyline, because that's where they're bread and butter was.

I don't mean to disparage anyone who thinks Agumon has the greatest chance of being the next Bamco rep, I just don't see it being in the top 5 from that company at all.
I suppose it all comes down to relevancy. There are multiple Digimon Games coming to the switch this year and next year and Digimon has got a history with Nintendo.
Tekken hasn't got any plans for Nintendo so far (could obviously be revealed with the character though)
Soul Calibur has one game on a Nintendo console although it did star link there are no plans to put a new soul calibur game on the switch
Dark Souls obviously has come to switch recently however Chosen Undead is a customizable player character and thus far in Smash we don't have any characters other than villager who is like that but customisation in AC isn't as large as Dark Souls
Xenosaga was (as far as I know) a ps2 exclusive, KOS-MOS does appears in crossovers and Xenoblade 2 however wasn't the main character in these games but more of a neat easter egg to an older game (although if a HD remaster comes to switch she could get in).
Tales has the most relevancy and history with Nintendo out of these games so I could see a tales character but personally I think a tales rep isn't exciting.

Basically Digimon is relevant and iconic to many people. Out of these franchises it also has the oldest history with Nintendo as the competition against Pokemon. Not really much to say other than that. I guess if you were to put the main character of all these franchises in front of an average person most people would recognize Agumon and maybe Heihachi whereas the other games all have generic looking characters that may not have world wide appeal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not even sure of the "represents Bandai over Namco" train of thought, because Bandai's properties all felt like they existed to promote a toyline, because that's where they're bread and butter was.

Dunno about that. One of the things I'm kinda on the fence with Digimon is that it is pretty much a multimedia franchise that had origins as a virtual pet and while the game came before the anime, both were projects that came within weeks of one another and due to the popularity of the later I dont see it as involved in videogames as other franchises. Plus its a series that I see people relate more to the multiple anime series rather than one of the games or the virtual pet at least here in the west.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
Have we given up on Doom Slayer already? Shame.

Although, I can agree that Bamco deserves another rep in Smash, but I waffling between it being from Tekken or Dark Souls.

And whats this talk of a FE character from Three Houses? Celica crying in the background like ”**** my drag, right?”

Honestly, I'm surprised Banjo got announced as 3rd DLC character. He was the most hyped and possibly most unlikely character to be in Smash out of the three current DLC characters. I don't think Heihachi would top Banjo. I really don’t. I'm a firm believer in the phrase ”saving the best for last” so I'm truly wondering who the last character will me.

Last edited:

Ornl

Smash Ace
It seems premature to say that they're not going to make it into Smash. Heihachi was considered for Smash 4's base game, and while Pac-Man made it in over him, it's Pac-Man - Shigeru Miyamoto, of all people, was pushing for him, and if any Namco-Bandai character was going to get in, Pac-Man easily seems like the top priority.
Heihachi was briefly considered to be a playable character. Now, it has been decided that he becomes a sprite during Pac-Man's Namco Roulette taunt. Sakurai has probably thought about many characters. This doesn't increase the chances, Heihachi in Ultimate being a proof.

Oh, you must come from the future! Then, pray tell, O Wise Man, he who knoweth what is to come, who are the last two fighters?
In the present, you will be able to verify that Tekken is already in Ultimate, but that Tekken has never been the favorite series of its kind according to the readers of Famitsu:
- Top 10 favorite video games on each console (2016). Street Fighter appears 2 times. Tekken 0.
-
Top 20 favorite fighting video games (2017). Street Fighter has 980 votes (not including crossovers). Tekken 136.
By being invited into other Bamco games (SoulCalibur, Project X Zone [Bamco+Monolith] and Sm4sh), Tales and Tekken give the illusion of being legitimate choices. But Tales is at JRPG what Tekken is at fighting games, series below preferences.
By accepting that Tekken/Tales will not have Fighter in Ultimate, the unnecessary energy of mockery (denial), strong opposition (anger), debate (bargaining) could be invested collectively to predict the last two DLC.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Despite the fact that I’m not sure Digimon counts as a game franchise proper, having to only go through Bamco makes a world of difference in likelihood from, say, Dragon Ball having like 4 or 5 companies to go through. Assuming, of course, virtual pets do not count as video games: if they do, Digimon is.

Honestly, I still have no reason to believe Bamco is on the table. The biggest argument is about it is Pac-Man being the only character so far, but that didn’t help for Smash 4 DLC and didn’t help for base game. Don’t think it’s gonna change, even if Bamco has a bunch of awesome characters. Pretty sure the big reason that Bamco is in talks is almost solely due to seeing third party characters as company reps first and series reps second, and people are really convinced we can’t get Dragon Quest and Tomb Raider, Banjo and Minecraft, or (say Capcom gets a character) Resident Evil and Ace Attorney in the same Pass, even if all 6 have great popularity and unique fanbases with almost no overlap, due to fixation on competition and company fairness if they give a reason for it beyond it just “feeling unlikely” (though in the only case I care about, Puyo might have more than that in the way, like its creator not being invoked with the series or its only recently gained popularity in the west, let alone the possibility of one of the two parties not liking that idea). When wouldn’t it be MORE economical to get more than one in the same pass? Less companies to go through and split profits with, same amount of characters.

But if it does, I would bet on Tales or Digimon before anything else. Heihachi being a part of Pac-Man’s taunt and possibly getting a new actor too late for Smash, plus the difficulty in implementing the feeling of playing Tekken into Smash has me doubt him for now, though I consider him a prime candidate for next game in 2029 (soonest is 2028 if the Switch lives for 10 years), or if Bamco gets a character in Fighter Pass 2 which I don’t think will exist. Can’t see Soulcalibur before Tekken at all. And Dark Souls is the one I see as the Darkhorse: if we get a Bamco rep, and I’m wrong, I think Dark Souls will be the one.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
By accepting that Tekken/Tales will not have Fighter in Ultimate, the unnecessary energy of mockery (denial), strong opposition (anger), debate (bargaining) could be invested collectively to predict the last two DLC.
I disagree strongly with this (not the taking insult part). They are two of the more likely franchises, in spite of everything you list as being against them.

Tales of
Tekken
Resident Evil
Doom
Ninja Gaiden

If at least one of the last two reps aren't from those five franchises I'll eat a hat.

Last edited:

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I disagree strongly with this (not the taking insult part). They are two of the more likely franchises, in spite of everything you list as being against them.

Tales of
Tekken
Resident Evil
Doom
Ninja Gaiden

If at least one of the last two reps aren't from those five franchises I'll eat a hat.
I don't think Tales is very likely for this Fighter Pass. Considering we've already gotten two JRPG characters. We need some more variety for the first pass. Sounds prime for Fighter Pass 2 or 3 to me.

I feel like Tekken is a distant 4th to the others, not impossible, but the others seem more likely to me for quite a few reasons. Again, Fighter Pass 2 or 3.

But yeah, Ninja Gaiden, Doom, and Resident Evil are top 3 most likely. My own prediction is Doom and Resident Evil personally.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Have we given up on Doom Slayer already? Shame.

Although, I can agree that Bamco deserves another rep in Smash, but I waffling between it being from Tekken or Dark Souls.

And whats this talk of a FE character from Three Houses? Celica crying in the background like ”**** my drag, right?”

Honestly, I'm surprised Banjo got announced as 3rd DLC character. He was the most hyped and possibly most unlikely character to be in Smash out of the three current DLC characters. I don't think Heihachi would top Banjo. I really don’t. I'm a firm believer in the phrase ”saving the best for last” so I'm truly wondering who the last character will me.
Like how they saved the best for last with the obligation Pokémon rep and surprise character after K Rool and Ridley for base game? Or how the last Smash 4 DLC included the Fire Emblem character? Or how the last Brawl non unlockable character was Olimar...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Heihachi was briefly considered to be a playable character. Now, it has been decided that he becomes a sprite during Pac-Man's Namco Roulette taunt. Sakurai has probably thought about many characters. This doesn't increase the chances, Heihachi in Ultimate being a proof.

In the present, you will be able to verify that Tekken is already in Ultimate, but that Tekken has never been the favorite series of its kind according to the readers of Famitsu:
- Top 10 favorite video games on each console (2016). Street Fighter appears 2 times. Tekken 0.
-
Top 20 favorite fighting video games (2017). Street Fighter has 980 votes (not including crossovers). Tekken 136.
By being invited into other Bamco games (SoulCalibur, Project X Zone [Bamco+Monolith] and Sm4sh), Tales and Tekken give the illusion of being legitimate choices. But Tales is at JRPG what Tekken is at fighting games, series below preferences.
First, Pac-Man's taunt does not disqualify Heihachi from being added into the game. In fact if he is added I can guarantee you there will be a shot of Heihachi standing next to Pac-Man doing the taunt.

Second, you were screening for Tekken, and then lumped the Tales of series into your argument at the last second. Also, I highly doubt Famitsu alone can give us any more than a rough idea of a series's popularity in Japan, and popularity in Japan isn't the whole picture either. The entire rest of the world also has to be considered.

Lastly, getting passionate about a character being in Super Smash Bros. (or at the very least finding them worth talking about) is absolutely not the same as grieving the death of a loved one and it's kind of silly for you to compare the two.

Tales of
Tekken
Resident Evil
Doom
Ninja Gaiden

You fool! You've doomed them all! And your digestive system too!

Wow these guys look cool! Except for the one on the left. He just looks like Phoenix Wright, but with an even dumber haircut.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What's everyone's stance on the whole "Adding Heihachi would disrespect his late voice actor"? I've seen that as an argument against his inclusion.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
What's everyone's stance on the whole "Adding Heihachi would disrespect his late voice actor"? I've seen that as an argument against his inclusion.
Unshou Ishizuka was Heihachi's third voice actor, replacing the late Daisuke Gori who replaced Banjo Ginga in Tekken 3. It's beyond silly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Banjo was probably announced with Hero to prevent Western fans from throwing hissy fits. The last character don't have to pander older fans as much as him.

Didn't he already have a voice actor change before?

Worst case, they'll just recycle his voice clips like half a dozen other characters.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I've always thought it was an argument with no weight. Heihachi had multiple different voice actors throughout the series, this isn't anything new to the character. Also Sari Sari just posted an interesting piece of information in a previous post that disproves the argument once and for all.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that the final 2 characters have to be more hype inducing than Banjo and Kazooie. Smash has never saved the most hype inducing characters for last.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't think that the final 2 characters have to be more hype inducing than Banjo and Kazooie. Smash has never saved the most hype inducing characters for last.
That's fine for me personally. After I got what I wanted:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool:and:ultridley:I wouldn't care less who else gets added in since anyone else would just be icing on cake at this point.

I wouldn't even care if Goku of all characters got in.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hype is subjective. The last two characters may appeal to new fans who can care less about 90s platformers.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I mean, I highly doubt the characters I’m pulling for would top Banjo’s overall hype. But for me personally, ya I’d be more hype about those I’m supporting over my hype for any of the current 3 DLC fighters.

At the same time though, I won’t be too upset about it if the last 2 characters aren’t characters I want/know, because all my mains from previous games are back anyways. I’ve got all I need and then got a little extra with Inkling and a few others.

One thing I do want though is for Porky to at least be represented in the game. Fighter, Boss, Spirit, anything. Preferably fighter but boss works well too since we already had that happen before. I appreciate the humor that the Absolutely Safe Capsule might be his “stand in” Spirit, but I’d honestly rather have him with his own Spirit considering how large a role he has as the villain of 2 of the EarthBound games.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only characters I can arguably see matching or topping Banjo are

Crash Bandicoot
Doom Slayer
Geno
Master Chief

Otherwise no one else really with perhaps maybe Agumon (Mostly due to being the closest thing to Pokemon vs. Digimon happening) and an Undertale rep as well.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hate is a really strong word, but everyone has their preferences and with that comes characters they don't think would be interesting in Smash. It's only natural.

For me, it comes down to either having mechanics or concepts that are difficult to implement and the characters just wouldn't feel the same without them (Undertale/Silent Hill) or characters that I can't see doing anything others couldn't (GTA character/Battle Royale character). Not that these aren't possible, I just wouldn't be as excited. Even though I'm a big Undertale fan.

There's also the remaining non-Spirit first party picks... which for the most part, I'd rather wait for them until the next game than receive them now before I even know whether or not they make for interesting characters. But that's just me.

It's funny to see that despite some people saying they're "okay with everything", many of these same people are still salty over Banjo lol.

True. Interestingly enough, if we're talking "hype among the Smash community", which is usually what people refer to when they say the least hype picks come last, then most of the currently speculated characters would fit the bill, because they don't have a huge amount of support here. However, the counter to that is that they have a lot of clout outside the core Smash community.

So technically, they would be hype picks, just not for most people here. It's an interesting way to fit that pattern, at least.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Banjo is as big of a character as they could have included, especially because of the revival aspect and his perceived low chances due to being owned by a competitor, so I'm pretty confident he was the biggest announcement we'll get from the Fighter Pass. The only chance of getting a reaction that would match the one he got would be someone really big, unexpected and who would be widely accepted, but the only name that really comes to mind is Master Chief, who's probably out of the running with Microsoft already being involved.

It's fine though, I don't think there's anything wrong with the biggest character being placed in the middle, they probably did that to time it with E3. They have to be pretty mindful of who follows up on Banjo though, timing is crucial when it comes to community receptions, I think a big reason Corrin and Bayo got such a negative reception was because Cloud had set the expectations sky high for the last reveal, so while they probably can't match the hype that Banjo got, it's better to go from 100 to 80 rather than going from 100 to 0, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
There's no point in saving the "most hype" character for last when your main objective is to sell the Fighter Pass to as many people as possible. The Hero was the reason I bought mine, if he was the last character to be added (and if he was the only character deemed "worth" the purchase), Nintendo would only get my money next year. I'm sure a lot of people think like this too.

Ps: I like Banjo Kazooie, but they honestly wouldn't make me buy the Fighter Pass.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah its more just to get as many people as possible to buy the fighters pass as soon as possible more than anything, there is no real point to "save the best for last" because by that point, people can just purchase whichever character they like and ignore the rest, especially if they didn't get a good first impression from the first few reveals. So it would make more sense to reveal the more hype inclusions sooner rather than later to get more people on board to purchasing the fighters pass.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Banjo is as big of a character as they could have included, especially because of the revival aspect and his perceived low chances due to being owned by a competitor, so I'm pretty confident he was the biggest announcement we'll get from the Fighter Pass. The only chance of getting a reaction that would match the one he got would be someone really big, unexpected and who would be widely accepted, but the only name that really comes to mind is Master Chief, who's probably out of the running with Microsoft already being involved.

It's fine though, I don't think there's anything wrong with the biggest character being placed in the middle, they probably did that to time it with E3. They have to be pretty mindful of who follows up on Banjo though, timing is crucial when it comes to community receptions, I think a big reason Corrin and Bayo got such a negative reception was because Cloud had set the expectations sky high for the last reveal, so while they probably can't match the hype that Banjo got, it's better to go from 100 to 80 rather than going from 100 to 0, if that makes sense.
I think trying to match Banjo's hype would be a mistake on Nintendo's part, because it's just pandering to same hardcore fans with narrow interests.

It's better appealing to new fans even though it might make some internet forums grumpy.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
There's no point in saving the "most hype" character for last when your main objective is to sell the Fighter Pass to as many people as possible. The Hero was the reason I bought mine, if he was the last character to be added (and if he was the only character deemed "worth" the purchase), Nintendo would only get my money next year. I'm sure a lot of people think like this too.

Ps: I like Banjo Kazooie, but they honestly wouldn't make me buy the Fighter Pass.
Yeah, for me it was pretty much this, but with Banjo. I like Joker and Hero for what they are and respect their home series, but I can't honestly say I would care that much if they weren't there either.

If anything, I'm glad Nintendo seems to be going for different audiences this time around, core fans included. I just hope this remains true for the last two fighters...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Dunno about that. One of the things I'm kinda on the fence with Digimon is that it is pretty much a multimedia franchise that had origins as a virtual pet and while the game came before the anime, both were projects that came within weeks of one another and due to the popularity of the later I dont see it as involved in videogames as other franchises. Plus its a series that I see people relate more to the multiple anime series rather than one of the games or the virtual pet at least here in the west.
However, we have two characters, those being Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B, who aren't from traditional video games.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
True, but there's a TON of hype surrounding it right now, and it looks VERY promising.
That doesn't translate to success, and it could fail. I think that an Astral Chain character should wait until a hypothetical second Fighter Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom