• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Watch as we surprisingly enough get a fourth Konami character, that’d catch us all out of left field

Only question is who, aside from maybe Revengeance!Raiden...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If(And this is a big IF) we had 1 more retuning studio for fighters pass instead of 2 more, who do think is more likely.
1:Capcom.
or
2:Bandai Namco.
My own answer is Bandai Namco consider that they haven't got a character for a very long time since smash 4's release with :ultpacman:.
Capcom, I think. I'd say their franchises tend to have more support, both inside and out of the core Smash fanbase. Plus, they have a lot of options and are the company with the most amount of content in Ultimate (along with Konami), meaning they are easy to work with, at least on some level. If any company besides Sega would triple-dip with franchises and playable characters, it's Capcom.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For me? I'll take a Bandai-Namco character. There's more interesting choices they have left to me. Capcom does have Dante and Morrigan Aensland, but nobody else does anything among notable characters(I like Power Stone, but it's even more obscure than Darkstalkers).

Bamco still has Digimon, Tales of, and Soul Calibur. I wouldn't mind having a Tekken character cause I never could get used to the system, so it'd be a cool surprise to try it in 2D alone. That is, where Sakurai makes an attempt to make them feel like themselves, not just throwing a quick moveset on to a character.

...Okay, not much more, but still more overall. Also, to clarify, I'm only listing series that interest me. If they aren't here, either they're somewhere in Smash or they don't interest me at all. Doesn't mean I dislike them or anything.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For me? I'll take a Bandai-Namco character. There's more interesting choices they have left to me. Capcom does have Dante and Morrigan Aensland, but nobody else does anything among notable characters(I like Power Stone, but it's even more obscure than Darkstalkers).

Bamco still has Digimon, Tales of, and Soul Calibur. I wouldn't mind having a Tekken character cause I never could get used to the system, so it'd be a cool surprise to try it in 2D alone. That is, where Sakurai makes an attempt to make them feel like themselves, not just throwing a quick moveset on to a character.

...Okay, not much more, but still more overall.
And Xenosaga, even though the series itself is basically dead, KOS-MOS sure isn’t

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And Xenosaga, even though the series itself is basically dead, KOS-MOS sure isn’t
I'm talking about ones I care about. This probably sounds more blunt than I mean it to.

That's why I didn't mention the other Capcom series. None interest me. The only ones that did I mentioned, or are already in Smash.

I fixed the post to clarify more. Sorry for the vagueness.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I mean, maybe they could finish off Konami's notable characters with the Contra boys, seeing as they may be more fitting than Metal Slug.
First, Pac-Man's taunt does not disqualify Heihachi from being added into the game. In fact if he is added I can guarantee you there will be a shot of Heihachi standing next to Pac-Man doing the taunt.
IDK, we never got one pic referencing Captain N w. Pit, Megaman and Simon for all I know :D
Part of the issue is the music is dub-specific in a lot of cases. That means multiple licensed songs would be the options from different artists. Not everybody was happy that Tri didn't use the dub theme songs either, as it was only nostalgia for Japanese fans while leaving everyone else in the dust. It doesn't help that Digivolution's own music is different too.

Which is unfortunate, and we don't really get anime music anyway. Though no real reason is given to begin with. Pokemon's own anime has lots of background music that'd fit fine in Smash. There's way too many dub and sub themes to really pinpoint something to add to Smash. Not as much of an issue in 64 and Melee, but now there's over 20 different ones. Falls into a similar issue I noted above.
*tries to find that one strange foreign intro for Digimon with the woman singing in front of the green screened footage*

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
People have thrown around a lot of names for series that may be getting representation as one of the last two fighters. Here's my thing though. I'm like 70% on them being Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and Doom slayer from Doom. Why?

Well taking into account the drastic amount of support that Koei-Tecmo and Team Ninja has given Nintendo over the years and the fact that Hayabusa is one of, if not the last (depending on who you ask) NES Legacy characters to not be included in Smash and the fact that Hayabusa is considered THE Video Game Ninja, solidifying his icon status, gives a big BIG leg up to Hayabusa on the front of new characters that are surprising but still make total sense a la Banjo and Hero (and arguably Joker). I wrote a whole spread on Hayabusa and Koei-Tecmo's relationship with Nintendo. I'll post it below.
So, something I want to bring up.

Koei-Tecmo’s, and specifically Team Ninja’s, relationship with Nintendo is... baffling. Like, there’s a stunning amount of love between the two that I think has gone overlooked. Obviously I’m not going to go as far back as the NES era but I do want to take you to when Nintendo and Koei-Tecmo’s relationship began to take off. And show you how strong it’s been since. To avoid cluttering the thread and making a gigantic *** post though I’m just going to list the games they’ve codeveloped. Just to keep it concise.

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS - 2008) Exclusive
Fatal Frame IV (Wii - 2008) Exclusive Joint IP
Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii - 2009) Exclusive feat. Nintendo IP [Takamaru Playable + Murasame Castle Mode]
Metroid: Other M (Wii - 2010) Nintendo IP
Dead or Alive: Dimensions (3DS - 2011) Exclusive feat. Nintendo IP Cameo [Ridley & Samus]
Fatal Frame II Remake (Wii - 2012) Exclusive Joint IP
Spirit Camera (3DS - 2012) Exclusive Joint IP
Pokémon Conquest (DS - 2012) Nintendo IP
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Wii U - 2012) Timed Exclusive
Fatal Frame V (Wii U - 2014) Exclusive Joint IP
Hyrule Warriors / Legends / Definitive Edition (Wii U/3DS/Switch - 2014/2016/2018) Nintendo IP
Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch/3DS - 2017) Nintendo IP
Ultimate Alliance 3 (Switch - 2019) Exclusive/Marvel IP/Nintendo Funded
Fire Emblem Three Houses (Switch - 2019) Nintendo IP

Their work with Nintendo on more IP than I think any other 3rd party studio, Hayabusa’s inarguable Retro and Modern Legacy, the fact that Retro legacy characters like Pac-Man, Mega Man, Dragon Quest’s Erdrick and Solo, and Simon Belmont have been getting in slowly but surely, and the fact that Koei-Tecmo already has their hand in the Smash Bros. Cookie Jar with Fatal Frame... Guys... I think Hayabusa is happening. I think he’s #4. I think if there was ever a hope for him it’s now. I got this gut feeling. I do.
With Doom Slayer, it's kind of the same thing. On his side though I think that the fact that a higher up at Bethesda, like way high up, said "oh yeah" when asked if they had talked about Smash and then? Silence. Banjo kind of happened the same way. Phil Spencer was all gung ho talking about Banjo in Smash and then? Silence. And then? Banjo in Smash. Mark that with Bethesda's relationship with Nintendo on the Switch, Doom's undeniable icon status, and the fact that they promised the DLC would be big surprises and you got a line up for Doom in Smash being VERY possible.

And lastly, these two names have just been flying around right beside each other so much. The leaks, the theories, everything has had these two characters. It's like they're inseparable from Smash already. It's as if, for whatever reason, the internet unconsciously knows they're coming. And no one realizes it.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
*tries to find that one strange foreign intro for Digimon with the woman singing in front of the green screened footage*
Oh, that one specific version of the brazilian opening? Good times, man, good times. That's a part of my childhood right there.

With Doom Slayer, it's kind of the same thing. On his side though I think that the fact that a higher up at Bethesda, like way high up, said "oh yeah" when asked if they had talked about Smash and then? Silence. Banjo kind of happened the same way. Phil Spencer was all gung ho talking about Banjo in Smash and then? Silence. And then? Banjo in Smash. Mark that with Bethesda's relationship with Nintendo on the Switch, Doom's undeniable icon status, and the fact that they promised the DLC would be big surprises and you got a line up for Doom in Smash being VERY possible.

And lastly, these two names have just been flying around right beside each other so much. The leaks, the theories, everything has had these two characters. It's like they're inseparable from Smash already. It's as if, for whatever reason, the internet unconsciously knows they're coming. And no one realizes it.
I still think the "oh yeah" could not mean much: Ubi has also talked with Nintendo about Smash in the past - at least twice, in fact. But their efforts never ended up with a playable character.

I'll be happy for Doom fans if he gets in, though. I look forward to adding him to my signature with the "too violent" tag if he ends up happening.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
But I was referring to Nintendo, actually I was referring to both companies since both would be involved in getting the character in.
I don't know, I mean, beyond the fact that we already got a Sega character for DLC, the fact that they went for Bayonetta and Joker before Arle, to me, says they don't really care about her inclusion. Even if Sega were to get another character, I'd expect someone like Kiryu over Arle.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who isn't totally on board with Doomabusa as everyone else seems to be? My main problem is that they both kind of fill the same niche of hypermasculine action heroes from super violent games, and while I don't have a problem with that on its own, it'd rub me the wrong way if they ended up being the last two characters in an already testosterone-heavy DLC pass. If Nintendo's whole deal of targeting different demographics is to be believed, I doubt they'd go for them both and risk alienating their potential casual/female audience. Heck, part of the reason I'm pushing so hard for Jill Valentine right now is because she'd still fill the violent M-rated niche without overwhelming the roster with testosterone, and I just really don't want Isabelle to be the only female newcomer in Ultimate

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who isn't totally on board with Doomabusa as everyone else seems to be? My main problem is that they both kind of fill the same niche of hypermasculine action heroes from super violent games, and while I don't have a problem with that on its own, it'd rub me the wrong way if they ended up being the last two characters in an already testosterone-heavy DLC pass. If Nintendo's whole deal of targeting different demographics is to be believed, I doubt they'd go for them both and risk alienating their potential casual/female audience. Heck, part of the reason I'm pushing so hard for Jill Valentine right now is because she'd still fill the violent M-rated niche without overwhelming the roster with testosterone, and I just really don't want Isabelle to be the only female newcomer in Ultimate
Inkling would like to have a word with you?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Its funny, whenever I play a video game there’s a good chance I start to want that character in Smash, at least during this DLC run.

After E3, my ideal 4 and 5 was Heihachi (because some of my friends really want him and we make ****posts about him all the time), and Dante, because I recently saw a lot of the DMC series (haven’t played it yet though; if I bought it it’d go right to my backlog so I’m holding out)

Then I finished Crash Warped on my PS4 and picked up CTR on Switch, and I suddenly wanted Crash in Smash.

Last week I bought the Ace Attorney Trilogy and I replayed through the first game (which I played through most of four years ago), and now I want Phoenix Wright.

Does anyone else have this kinda thing happen to them?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm with you. Like in a vacuum, both are fine choices, but when taken in context I'd really want more women and more characters that appeal to women. It doesn't help that my favorite potential picks fall into those categories with Phoenix and Layton being very popular series' among women, Style Savvy being very shoujo-inspired, 2B being a popular female character, etc. Isabelle and Inkling are great additions, sure, but again it's all about Smash not existing in a vacuum.

A varied pass is an interesting pass. Smash is all about variety and I want that to be reflected in the last two picks.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If they wanted to end the 5th DLC as close to:ultbanjokazooie: I think Crash would be the most fitting given his legacy and history in the 90's being up there with:ultmario:and:ultsonic:

I'd personally argue he'd give as much hype and excitement as the bear and bird duo did.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Ult needs some costumes. Gimme: Punch Out DK, Ms Pac Man, Dry Bowser, Classic Sonic, Pajama Toon Link, Masked Young Link, Ninten Ness, Impa for Sheik, Captain L Luigi, Captain K Rool.... and OF COURSE DRAGON KAZOOIE

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't really consider Hayabusa to be a "testosterone character". He's more of a... *sigh* anime swordfighter. The cutscenes in the original trilogy show him as kind of a 90s action hero - a total badass, mysterious and cool, but still the kind of guy who constantly says 'What the...?'. Sure, the new trilogy has blood by the gallons, but other than that I don't think it shares much of a demographic with Doom. Besides, knowing Sakurai, Hayabusa would take most of his moveset from the NES games.

I don't know, maybe we've different standards of what a macho hypermasculine character would be, but I think Hayabusa leans more towards someone like Leon Kennedy or Dante - cool as a cucumber - than someone like Doomguy - blunt as a hammer to the nose. And as demographics go, Castlevania, Mega Man and Bayonetta seem more like the comparisons.

Do you consider Snake to be a testosterone character?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m pretty jaded with it too. Like Flyboy Flyboy said, Smash is about variety, and I feel Doomabusa wouldn’t really bring a lot of variety.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Eh, my personal picks among realizable 3rd parties would be Phoenix Wright and Crash, but I'm okay with pretty much any of the heavily-rumored characters.

I think Hayabusa and Doomguy are both picks that stand on their own right and, while we would be missing on other picks from the cute/funny style (the only one being Banjo) and 3/5 of the Pass would be M-Rated... I dunno, I'd still be fine with that even if I'm personally not invested in either. I think they could bring something new and interesting to the game... that's all I'd like, really.

Plus, the demographics would be different from what we have so far, so there's that.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think this is an understandable concern, but I just wonder if it's something that would cross Nintendo's mind. Jill is easily the most likely candidate, but it's entirely possible she would just be passed over. Most of the other female characters we could talk about are either western, obscure, from already represented series/companies, or are more likely to be passed over by their male counterparts. As much as I'd love Velvet Crowe, there is a less than zero chance in my mind she would picked over Lloyd or Yuri from Tales.

It ain't fair but that's life I guess. Smash is limited in that it tends to draw from the most prominent/popular characters, especially with the developers being Japanese and that being their focus. We'll see what happens.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If they wanted to end the 5th DLC as close to:ultbanjokazooie: I think Crash would be the most fitting given his legacy and history in the 90's being up there with:ultmario:and:ultsonic:

I'd personally argue he'd give as much hype and excitement as the bear and bird duo did.
I don’t think he’d be as hype as B-K. I love Crash and would love to see how Sakurai and his team would implement him into Smash, but Crash doesn’t have that nearly 20-year-long history of fan request, and that closeness to Nintendo, yet being owned by a competitor, that always gave Banjo-Kazooie that “so close yet so far.” Banjo-Kazooie belonged in Smash since Melee along with the Nintendo all-stars but couldn’t be in due to Microsoft buying them. Crash belonged in Smash since Smash 4, arguably Smash 4 DLC, when it became more about gaming all-stars than nintendo all-stars specifically.

Also, I don’t know how much credence I’d give to the idea the fifth and final character will blow everyone away. It hasn’t been the case in the past. Last character for Brawl was Olimar. Smash 4 was Shulk. Smash 4 DLC was Bayonetta. Ultimate was Incineroar.
All of them had better, bigger characters to reveal as their big send-off (Sonic, Mega Man, Cloud, Ridley) but they didn’t, because that’s just not how they operate I guess. People will buy the game for their favorite character, regardless of whether or not they’re revealed last. Plus, it allows them to use the big characters throughout more of the marketing phase, instead of just in the final push.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I will bet all of my Wumpa Fruit that Crash is the final character announced for the Pass.

D

Deleted member

If(And this is a big IF) we had 1 more retuning studio for fighters pass instead of 2 more, who do think is more likely.
or
My own answer is Bandai Namco consider that they haven't got a character for a very long time since smash 4's release with :ultpacman:.
Capcom is one of those few companies I could see filling a fighter pass by themselves even with IPs not yet represented. Ghosts n Goblins, Resident Evil, Darkstalkers, DMC, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Dead Rising, Rival Schools, etc. Namco is cool but
The series is massive now, and it's doing the best it's ever been since the Adventure days. The Switch is already getting four Digimon games and possibly more in the future.
Massive seems to be a bit of an overestatement at least from the games point of view as the games have never reached the popularity of other Bamco titles like Tekken or Dark Souls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
or
Capcom. They simply have more big names in gaming history, and Nintendo history, that would make a bigger splash than a Bamco character.

Capcom could have a Resident Evil character, Phoenix Wright, or Dante for its really big names (Phoenix moreso as a Nintendo-associated character than a huge gaming icon).

Bamco could have Heihachi or a Dark Souls character as it’s really big names, and characters like Lloyd and Nightmare are a bit more niche.

While Dark Souls in Smash would be huge, and is probably the the series from Bamco that would get the most attention, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, and even Ace Attorney in Smash would make splashes nearly just as huge.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Its funny, whenever I play a video game there’s a good chance I start to want that character in Smash, at least during this DLC run.

After E3, my ideal 4 and 5 was Heihachi (because some of my friends really want him and we make ****posts about him all the time), and Dante, because I recently saw a lot of the DMC series (haven’t played it yet though; if I bought it it’d go right to my backlog so I’m holding out)

Then I finished Crash Warped on my PS4 and picked up CTR on Switch, and I suddenly wanted Crash in Smash.

Last week I bought the Ace Attorney Trilogy and I replayed through the first game (which I played through most of four years ago), and now I want Phoenix Wright.

Oh definitely! My want for a Resi character came about when I started playing the RE2 remake and just got really into the series. Same thing happened with Joker when I first played Persona 5 and it hooked me into the series

I don't really consider Hayabusa to be a "testosterone character". He's more of a... *sigh* anime swordfighter. The cutscenes in the original trilogy show him as kind of a 90s action hero - a total badass, mysterious and cool, but still the kind of guy who constantly says 'What the...?'. Sure, the new trilogy has blood by the gallons, but other than that I don't think it shares much of a demographic with Doom. Besides, knowing Sakurai, Hayabusa would take most of his moveset from the NES games.

I don't know, maybe we've different standards of what a macho hypermasculine character would be, but I think Hayabusa leans more towards someone like Leon Kennedy or Dante - cool as a cucumber - than someone like Doomguy - blunt as a hammer to the nose. And as demographics go, Castlevania, Mega Man and Bayonetta seem more like the comparisons.

Do you consider Snake to be a testosterone character?
Maybe testosterone-filled isn't the right word for Hayabusa? I don't know a whole lot about Ninja Gaiden since I only played bits and pieces of the NES game, but him frequently being lumped together with Doomguy gave me the impression that they have some kind of cross-demographic appeal. The fact that they're both male protagonists from action-heavy M Rated games just seems kind of... redundant to me? If it means anything, I'd feel the same way if the combination was Leon and Doomguy or Dante and Doomguy, even though I'm more familiar with those characters than Hayabusa.

As far as Snake is concerned, kinda? I knew a lot of boys who mained him because "cool army man," but he doesn't do a ton of violent over-the-top fighting in his game so I can't say he fits the same mold as Doomguy. Again, I don't have a problem with super violent action heroes in Smash, It's more of an issue of variety for me personally.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh definitely! My want for a Resi character came about when I started playing the RE2 remake and just got really into the series. Same thing happened with Joker when I first played Persona 5 and it hooked me into the series

Maybe testosterone-filled isn't the right word for Hayabusa? I don't know a whole lot about Ninja Gaiden since I only played bits and pieces of the NES game, but him frequently being lumped together with Doomguy gave me the impression that they have some kind of cross-demographic appeal. The fact that they're both male protagonists from action-heavy M Rated games just seems kind of... redundant to me? If it means anything, I'd feel the same way if the combination was Leon and Doomguy or Dante and Doomguy, even though I'm more familiar with those characters than Hayabusa.

As far as Snake is concerned, kinda? I knew a lot of boys who mained him because "cool army man," but he doesn't do a ton of violent over-the-top fighting in his game so I can't say he fits the same mold as Doomguy. Again, I don't have a problem with super violent action heroes in Smash, It's more of an issue of variety for me personally.
Ah, I see, the issue is more about having two M-rated actioner male protags. I can see that. Then again, given that we got two anime turn-based JRPG characters, I don't think that would be a concern for Nintendo.

Regardless, I don't think Ninja Gaiden and Doom appeal to the same people, but it's understandable that to an outsider there might be a feeling of repetition.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh you know what Smash lacks

Robotic characters. All we have there is ROB and Mega Man.

Oh, and aliens, mainly humanoid aliens. Only humanoid alien currently is Dark Samus, and then there’s Ridley for “traditional” aliens.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh, and aliens, mainly humanoid aliens. Only humanoid alien currently is Dark Samus, and then there’s Ridley for “traditional” aliens.
Well technically speaking I'd argue the following being aliens.

:ultfalco::ultfox::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultolimar::ultwolf:

Also :ultsamus:/:ultzss:technically given she's half chrozo.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Joker is actually a bit of a funny story for me.

One of my friends who is into JRPGs loves the Persona series, and occasionally talked about how great 5 was. I asked him for it for my birthday in June 2018, but he ended up just giving me $50 because he didn’t have his ID on him to buy it at the GameStop beforehand (because it’s rated M).

I ended up buying the Zelda Collection because the old game store we went to didn’t have P5, and I just wanted new video game. Top 10 biggest mistakes of my life.

December rolls around and Joker’s announced out of nowhere. I knew next to nothing about P5, but was still shocked and excited, both because Joker has next to no connection with Nintendo and was added just because he was popular (I assumed it would be tie-in characters like Sylux and Edelgard), and because my JRPG-loving friend, who at that point didn’t really care about any of the newcomers and had all his desires deconfirmed (Isaac, Black Knight, and Rex) finally got a character that he loved.

That Christmas he got me P5, and I played through the whole thing, finishing on Valentine’s Day. And after that I couldn’t wait for him to come out, and kinda wish I’d played P5 before he was announced because I would’ve gone nuts.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Am I the only one who isn't totally on board with Doomabusa as everyone else seems to be? My main problem is that they both kind of fill the same niche of hypermasculine action heroes from super violent games...
Well I don't know about that but I do think it's a little weird that people still support them together since their rise in popularity was due to a leak that was debunked months ago.

Oh crap, you're right. Still, my point about Smash lacking in women still stands, especially human women.
Yeah. If the next game were to nuke the roster I hope they keep Zero Suit Samus and Lucina so all of the women aren't pretty princesses.

...and then there’s Ridley for “traditional” aliens.
I was going to make a quip about him being a dragon but he actually kinda does look like the Xenomorph.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tbh after the likes of :ultzss: :ultlucina: :ultbayonetta: we really do need more badass empowering ladies that don’t wear dresses

And I still say Bethesda’s PR statement about “exciting news for Doom fans” wasn’t alluding to Smash in any way. Not every third party game release on Switch HAS to have a Smash tie in character.

Iridium

Smash Hero

Honestly, my Castlevania experience years ago had made me want Simon to get in, and I can see that went well.

Tbh you know what Smash lacks

Robotic characters. All we have there is ROB and Mega Man.

Fulgore from KI fits that area if you ask me.

Not the most likely, but it's funny how like Banjo, KI went from being developed by Rare to being owned by Microsoft, although I'm uncertain about another rep from them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And I still say Bethesda’s PR statement about “exciting news for Doom fans” wasn’t alluding to Smash in any way. Not every third party game release on Switch HAS to have a Smash tie in character.
Watch that revealed to be Doom Slayer in Mortal Kombat 11. ;P

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I don’t think he’d be as hype as B-K. I love Crash and would love to see how Sakurai and his team would implement him into Smash, but Crash doesn’t have that nearly 20-year-long history of fan request, and that closeness to Nintendo, yet being owned by a competitor, that always gave Banjo-Kazooie that “so close yet so far.” Banjo-Kazooie belonged in Smash since Melee along with the Nintendo all-stars but couldn’t be in due to Microsoft buying them. Crash belonged in Smash since Smash 4, arguably Smash 4 DLC, when it became more about gaming all-stars than nintendo all-stars specifically.
Sure Crash isn't a Banjo-Kazooie, but I'd imagine he'd still be pretty big; finally seeing him with his rival Mario as well as Sonic? That'd just be so cool to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom