• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Honestly, my Castlevania experience years ago had made me want Simon to get in, and I can see that went well.
Oh yeah, that series was the reverse for me. I knew of Castlevania. I saw Simon and Richter in Smash. I ended up buying the Rondo+Symphony PS4 bundle when it came out.
Definitely not the first characters from Smash that got me into a series.

Smash is the world’s greatest commercial.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Tbh you know what Smash lacks

Robotic characters. All we have there is ROB and Mega Man.

Oh, and aliens, mainly humanoid aliens. Only humanoid alien currently is Dark Samus, and then there’s Ridley for “traditional” aliens.
We're not really spoiled for robot candidates. We got, what, Harry from Teleroboxer, the LABO Robot, and the cast of Mega Man?

Edit: can't believe I forgot about Chibi-Robo and Ray!
Yeah. If the next game were to nuke the roster I hope they keep Zero Suit Samus and Lucina so all of the women aren't pretty princesses.
If you want to get technical Lucina is a princess. Whether she's pretty or not is subjective.
Oh yeah, that series was the reverse for me. I knew of Castlevania. I saw Simon and Richter in Smash. I ended up buying the Rondo+Symphony PS4 bundle when it came out.

It's too bad that you missed out on the greatest line in videogame history.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sure Crash isn't a Banjo-Kazooie, but I'd imagine he'd still be pretty big; finally seeing him with his rival Mario as well as Sonic? That'd just be so cool to see!
Oh absolutely, I was just responding to the claim that said he’d be just as big as B-K. He’d still make a pretty damn huge splash.
I’d love to see how Sakurai would design him as well. I wonder if he’d go with the detailed fur of the remakes, or the more flatter look of the original and some of the early 00’s games. There’s a bit of a noticeable style difference between the originals and the remakes and I’m curious as to what Sakurai would go with.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Oh, and aliens, mainly humanoid aliens. Only humanoid alien currently is Dark Samus, and then there’s Ridley for “traditional” aliens.
If we’re starting to nominate robotic characters can I support Otto Matic?

Its chances are zero, but I’d find it fun to play as the protagonist of one of my favorite games.

tenworldsguy

Smash Apprentice
T ThaT one leaker guy
you think people are really gonna buy that?
We're not really spoiled for robot candidates. We got, what, Harry from Teleroboxer, the LABO Robot, and the cast of Mega Man?
Off the top of my head, 2B, Quote (Curly), KOSMOS, Fiora, or Mighty no. 9 (snicker), and if we really want more un-humanoid picks you could have GLADOS, Wheatley, or (Ratchet and) Clank. There's loads of robotic characters in gaming beyond just Mega Man.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

Honestly if Nintendo actually treated Chibi Robo with the respect it deserves, he'd be one of my go-to first party characters, but unfortunately life doesn't work out the way we want to :/

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Watch as we surprisingly enough get a fourth Konami character, that’d catch us all out of left field

Only question is who, aside from maybe Revengeance!Raiden...
Konami rep? Goemon :2gud:

People have thrown around a lot of names for series that may be getting representation as one of the last two fighters. Here's my thing though. I'm like 70% on them being Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and Doom slayer from Doom. Why?

Well taking into account the drastic amount of support that Koei-Tecmo and Team Ninja has given Nintendo over the years and the fact that Hayabusa is one of, if not the last (depending on who you ask) NES Legacy characters to not be included in Smash and the fact that Hayabusa is considered THE Video Game Ninja, solidifying his icon status, gives a big BIG leg up to Hayabusa on the front of new characters that are surprising but still make total sense a la Banjo and Hero (and arguably Joker). I wrote a whole spread on Hayabusa and Koei-Tecmo's relationship with Nintendo. I'll post it below.

With Doom Slayer, it's kind of the same thing. On his side though I think that the fact that a higher up at Bethesda, like way high up, said "oh yeah" when asked if they had talked about Smash and then? Silence. Banjo kind of happened the same way. Phil Spencer was all gung ho talking about Banjo in Smash and then? Silence. And then? Banjo in Smash. Mark that with Bethesda's relationship with Nintendo on the Switch, Doom's undeniable icon status, and the fact that they promised the DLC would be big surprises and you got a line up for Doom in Smash being VERY possible.

And lastly, these two names have just been flying around right beside each other so much. The leaks, the theories, everything has had these two characters. It's like they're inseparable from Smash already. It's as if, for whatever reason, the internet unconsciously knows they're coming. And no one realizes it.
I'd be 100% down with Hayabusa and Doom Slayer as the final two. Imo however, my realistic top three potential DLC fighters include the former two, and Crash.

tenworldsguy

Smash Apprentice

forgot to quote you for this w my prior statement, but read above

Aliens in smash is a weird thing because technically Alph, Samus, Olimar, and more area all aliens, but because they've been here long enough it doesn't feel like that's the case. The only one I can think of atm is Wily but does that even count?

sorry for dual post i just had a lot to say

Iridium

Smash Hero

My wording may have been off there. I just meant I was reminded of Simon by the time Ultimate started with newcomers, but I played their games way before. Not exactly the same case as what you mentioned for yourself.

I'd still say Fulgore as well, but Eggman himself also relates more to robotics than anything else.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I have lowering faith we are getting a female character, unless Mii Costume theory is true and Bamco decides to not get a character still, then Arle or Amaterasu could appear. Thinking about it, aren’t Resident Evils 2 and 4 the biggest games? That means if we get an RE character it’s assuredly Leon. Don’t see a reason Nakoruru or Mai would be picked over Terry if we get an SNK character. Welcome to the all men’s pass.

Also, gonna say, in Smash 4 Puyo was not on the table because it was dead in the west, and Bayonetta best it for the West in the ballot. So I wouldn’t hold Bayo against Arle, especially since I’m pretty sure she did the best of SEGA in Japan (otherwise we would've heard about Bayo’s Japanese results). And Persona 5 seems to be Sakurai’s favorite game as of now. If anything the issue might be Sonic, given that all SEGA reps so far come from a different dev team (Sonic Team, PlatinumGames, Atlus).

(No, Kazooie doesn’t count. You play as Banjo using Kazooie for attacks. Nobody says you play as a Luma, nobody says you play as Nana by default, and nobody says you play as Toad.)

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I have lowering faith we are getting a female character, unless Mii Costume theory is true and Bamco decides to not get a character still, then Arle or Amaterasu could appear. Thinking about it, aren’t Resident Evils 2 and 4 the biggest games? That means if we get an RE character it’s assuredly Leon. Don’t see a reason Nakoruru or Mai would be picked over Terry if we get an SNK character. Welcome to the all men’s pass.

Also, gonna say, in Smash 4 Puyo was not on the table because it was dead in the west, and Bayonetta best it for the West in the ballot. So I wouldn’t hold Bayo against Arle, especially since I’m pretty sure she did the best of SEGA in Japan (otherwise we would've heard about Bayo’s Japanese results). And Persona 5 seems to be Sakurai’s favorite game as of now. If anything the issue might be Sonic, given that all SEGA reps so far come from a different dev team (Sonic Team, PlatinumGames, Atlus).

(No, Kazooie doesn’t count. You play as Banjo using Kazooie for attacks. Nobody says you play as a Luma, nobody says you play as Nana by default, and nobody says you play as Toad.)
I don’t know much about Resident Evil, but aren’t the protagonists just normal humans for the most part? If so, is it possible that we get a Bowser Jr situation with different characters, with one (I guess Leon) being the main one?
Probably not a unique one for every slot, but at least two, or maybe four?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If you want to get technical Lucina is a princess. Whether she's pretty or not is subjective.
Yeah, but she isn't super girly in dress and demeanor like the Princess Peach, Zelda, and Daisy are (though Daisy is more of an in-between). Also, Wendy appeals to no one.

...Yes I know the Bride class exists shut up.

...Fiora...There's loads of robotic characters in gaming beyond just Mega Man.
*In the nerdiest voice you can imagine*
Um, actually Fiora is a cyborg and not a robot because the Face Mechon needed to count as people of the Bionis.

Honestly if Nintendo actually treated Chibi Robo with the respect it deserves, he'd be one of my go-to first party characters, but unfortunately life doesn't work out the way we want to :/
It stinks that the series's last hoorah was a mediocre game beaten down by an awful mechanic. Especially since they made it public that this is the series's last chance and are now assuming people just don't like Chibi-Robo. To make things worse, the Zip-Lash mechanic has so much wasted potential in that game.

Ooh! They could also add Custom Robo...but probably won't.

I don’t know much about Resident Evil, but aren’t the protagonists just normal humans for the most part? If so, is it possible that we get a Bowser Jr situation with different characters, with one (I guess Leon) being the main one?
I've brought this up (or something similar) but apparently the characters have drastically different body types including their height. I still wouldn't rule it out though.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Normal human my ***.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Then we reach the Bowser Jr. clause. Wendy doesn’t count as a unique playable character because she is an alt of Bowser Jr.

If Jill is the main one of them, then there is a girl in the Fighter’s Pass. If it’s Chris or Leon, there is not.

I don’t believe in a Bamco character at all while even I have to admit Capcom is pretty much set to get a character.

Also, hot take: Banjo is much worse for Geno’s chances than even Piranha Plant or Hero. Banjo appeals to pretty much the exact same audience as Geno did, while Geno and Hero at least have their own merits for inclusion while Piranha Plant was more than likely intended for base game. There is probably far too much overlap between their fanbases, even if that doesn’t reflect here, and now we have the (90’s Smash fan character pick) in the game. It’s why I wouldn’t quite count Puyo or Minecraft or Halo out, because they have radically different fanbases from what Persona and Banjo-Kazooie have. I’d put Tomb Raider here but if DQ has FF7 tier content, then Squeenix would be too hard to work with. That would also explain why Crash didn’t make it just in case he doesn’t, though I believe he will.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

If you’ve played Banjo-Kazooie, you’d know that they are equal parts of that duo, even if we see Banjo more than Kazooie.

Without Luma, Rosalina is still able to use almost all of her moves. Without Toad, Peach still does all but one of her moves. Without Kazooie, Banjo can walk, punch, and roll, and that’s it.

Banjo can take a hit but can’t do much alone. Kazooie can be thrown around with ease but has a variety of abilities. Banjo is the defense while Kazooie is the offense and extra mobility. Hell, for an in-game move and their running animation in Smash Kazooie takes compete control and carries Banjo on HER BACK!

They’re incredibly codependent and their games are built around them as a duo and how their capabilities compliment each other’s, which is what makes them so fun and unique. It’s not just “the hero Banjo with his sidekick Kazooie”.

I will not stand for anyone disrespecting the bird girl like this.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What if you:

wanted a new Chibi-Robo game,

but Nintendo said:

"hey guys here's Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash and we're making the future of the series depend entirely on its success even though it's nothing like the other games."

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Assuming they go with the RE1/RE2 designs from before Chris became an absolute beefcake, the proportions of the characters shouldn't be too much of a problem and they could theoretically make a Jill/Leon/Chris/Claire set work. The only issue I could potentially see is trying to accommodate animations to fit all four characters, as well as if Capcom or Sakurai would want to go through with that instead of just leaving it at one. I think solo Jill or Leon is the most likely outcome, but having four of the earliest protagonists as alts would be the absolute best case scenario for an RE character

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If you’ve played Banjo-Kazooie, you’d know that they are equal parts of that duo, even if we see Banjo more than Kazooie.

Without Luma, Rosalina is still able to use almost all of her moves. Without Toad, Peach still does all but one of her moves. Without Kazooie, Banjo can walk, punch, and roll, and that’s it.

Banjo can take a hit but can’t do much alone. Kazooie can be thrown around with ease but has a variety of abilities. Banjo is the defense while Kazooie is the offense and extra mobility. Hell, for an in-game move and their running animation in Smash Kazooie takes compete control and carries Banjo on HER BACK!

They’re incredibly codependent and their games are built around them as a duo and how their capabilities compliment each other’s, which is what makes them so fun and unique. It’s not just “the hero Banjo with his sidekick Kazooie”.

Preach it.
What if you:

but Nintendo said:

"hey guys here's Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash and we're making the future of the series depend entirely on its success even though it's nothing like the other games."
I would pour one out for my soon-to-be-executed son, then go back to playing Park Patrol.

*sigh*

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I was going to disagree, but Mega Bidoof said everything I wanted to say. Just going to add that the fact that Banjo and Kazooie are two characters that play as one is even further expanded upon with Tooie's Split Up mechanic.

Normal human my ***.

What, don't tell me you've never witnessed trained combatants doing that in real life. No? Okay then.

Man, I barely know anything about RE aside from MvC, but that one moment has been memed so much it doesn't even matter if you're a fan or not.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Man, I barely know anything about RE aside from MvC, but that one moment has been memed so much it doesn't even matter if you're a fan or not.
I would say anyone who thinks Resident Evil isn't campy enough to be in Smash has never played the games, but considering that this and Jill Sandwich are two of the most well known scenes in the series, you don't even have to play the games to understand how silly they can be at times

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given how likely we are to get another Capcom rep. The two most likely I think are an RE rep (Jill or Leon) or Phoenix Wright.

I'd love it to be Amaterasu but I'm just not seeing her chances at this point unfortunately. I'd love to be wrong though.

Still also certain on an Tales rep (I'm thinking Lloyd).

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I would say anyone who thinks Resident Evil isn't campy enough to be in Smash has never played the games, but considering that this and Jill Sandwich are two of the most well known scenes in the series, you don't even have to play the games to understand how silly they can be at times
And if you wanna talk about RE's crazyness in crossovers, look at Jill in MvC2.

I mean... I don't think basically summoning zombies is a part of her gameplay in the original games. Neither are most of her specials.

tenworldsguy

Smash Apprentice
*In the nerdiest voice you can imagine*
Um, actually Fiora is a cyborg and not a robot because the Face Mechon needed to count as people of the Bionis.
OH S!!!!, sorry about that @ any future XC1 players.
In my defense, Smash goes excessively out of its way to spoil this revolution, to the point of actively spoiling players in WOL or simply for playing Shulk.
Maybe it's a good thing Rex isn't in the game, otherwise the ending cutscene will be a spirit and there's nothing you can do about it
Why, Sakuri?
What if you:

but Nintendo said:

Here's a fat F to all CR fans out there.

Let's hope Nintendo surely didn't let the future of Pikmin rest in that bizarre choice's hands as they did CR, right?
RIGHT?

In other news, that one Mother spirit event I've heard doesn't contain any new spirits.

>Mother care and attention in smash
>villians theme
>(sans MM) no villian spirits for EB in smash
>Only Smash Brawl boss that hasn't shown up in any form
>Mother spirit event does not contain any new spirits, but it does contain supposedly new artwork

HMM

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
In other news, that one Mother spirit event I've heard doesn't contain any new spirits.

>Mother care and attention in smash
>villians theme
>(sans MM) no villian spirits for EB in smash
>Only Smash Brawl boss that hasn't shown up in any form
>Mother spirit event does not contain any new spirits, but it does contain supposedly new artwork

HMM
What Mother Spirit event?

Ridrool64

Smash Lord

Oh, don’t misinterpret me! Kazooie is far more vital to Banjo than the other examples I gave out. I think a better example would be the Pikmin, yeah they’re named in the Japanese version and Olimalph is crippled without them but at the end of the day you control Olimar. Though, Banjo and Kazooie can’t be separated... there’s Duck Hunt, where you play as the dog and the duck and hunter are more or less weapons... though I wouldn’t say that’s for sure.

When I say Kazooie doesn’t count, it’s not out of spite, I’m just saying she’s not on parity when it comes to what you do as BK. Now, she’s much more vital than... actually, maybe she should count... eh, when I say female newcomer I mean the primary character. And while Kazooie is extremely important to the moveset and the characters, Banjo is still the primary character for most actions, sans Talon Trot, Egg Pooping and Shock Jump. Which is better than pretty much any of the other characters, so hey, I’ll let her count now. You convinced me.

I will say Kazooie sits exactly on the fence of NPC moveset feature and playable character, though, so it’s really a matter of (Jill Valentine/Amaterasu/Kos-Mos/Nakoruru/Mai Shiranui/Reimu/Tracer/Adeleine, and depending on your view of spirits/company reps, Arle Nadja/Elma/Dixie Kong/Lara Croft/Shantae, let me know if I missed any major women) being what I’m talking about. No offense meant to Kazooie fans, that’d be me betraying myself.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
One of the few third parties i would love to have in Smash is Puyo Puyo! I think people are sleeping on Arle, not only was the franchise finally reintroduced in the west, but both Puyo Puyo Tetris and Puyo Puyo Champions are among the best selling games in the Switch, also if there is a fighter's pass character with an Echo, it could totally be Arle and Amitie!, they literally have the same spells in Puyo Puyo Tetris and Amitie was the protagonist of Puyo Pop Fever, one of two Puyo games that were released outside Japan for the Gamecube and PS2 . (I would love to see Raffina too, but the only characters that have shared spells in the entire series are Arle and Amitie)

Also Sonic forces had Sega costumes and for Puyo Puyo they had Amitie's outfit. Amitie became the protagonist of the "second generation" of Puyo Puyo, Arle was the original protagonist but now, she tends to play a supporting role in mainline titles (except for Puyo Puyo Chronicles, were she is the main character again)

I am not a huge Amitie fan, but no one ever brings her up and she could make it. (Just like Richter)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
One of the few third parties i would love to have in Smash is Puyo Puyo! I think people are sleeping on Arle, not only was the franchise finally reintroduced in the west, but both Puyo Puyo Tetris and Puyo Puyo Champions are among the best selling games in the Switch, also if there is a fighter's pass character with an Echo, it could totally be Arle and Amitie!, they literally have the same spells in Puyo Puyo Tetris and Amitie was the protagonist of Puyo Pop Fever, one of two Puyo games that were released outside Japan for the Gamecube and PS2 . (I would love to see Raffina too, but the only characters that have shared spells in the entire series are Arle and Amitie)

Also Sonic forces had Sega costumes and for Puyo Puyo they had Amitie's outfit. Amitie became the protagonist of the "second generation" of Puyo Puyo, Arle was the original protagonist but now, she tends to play a supporting role in mainline titles (except for Puyo Puyo Chronicles, were she is the main character again)

I am not a huge Amitie fan, but no one ever brings her up and she could make it. (Just like Richter)
yeah thats cool but have you seen tetromino tho

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh, don’t misinterpret me! Kazooie is far more vital to Banjo than the other examples I gave out. I think a better example would be the Pikmin, yeah they’re named in the Japanese version and Olimalph is crippled without them but at the end of the day you control Olimar. Though, Banjo and Kazooie can’t be separated... there’s Duck Hunt, where you play as the dog and the duck and hunter are more or less weapons... though I wouldn’t say that’s for sure.

When I say Kazooie doesn’t count, it’s not out of spite, I’m just saying she’s not on parity when it comes to what you do as BK. Now, she’s much more vital than... actually, maybe she should count... eh, when I say female newcomer I mean the primary character. And while Kazooie is extremely important to the moveset and the characters, Banjo is still the primary character for most actions, sans Talon Trot, Egg Pooping and Shock Jump. Which is better than pretty much any of the other characters, so hey, I’ll let her count now. You convinced me.

I will say Kazooie sits exactly on the fence of NPC moveset feature and playable character, though, so it’s really a matter of (Jill Valentine/Amaterasu/Kos-Mos/Nakoruru/Mai Shiranui/Reimu/Tracer/Adeleine, and depending on your view of spirits/company reps, Arle Nadja/Elma/Dixie Kong/Lara Croft/Shantae, let me know if I missed any major women) being what I’m talking about. No offense meant to Kazooie fans, that’d be me betraying myself.
If she’s just as important to Banjo-Kazooie’s moveset as Banjo, she counts as a female character. She does the majority of the attacks, and even takes over for running.

Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is a new male character and a new female character.

LemonBoy65

Smash Rookie
Hi folks, new around here. Anyways, judging by the current discussion and Smash Bros speculation videos, the characters I've heard pop up often are Doom Slayer, Ryu Hayabusa, a RE rep (either Jill Valentine or Leon Kennedy), Crash or Lloyd Irving. On top of that, rumors (and keep in mind when I say rumors take it with a grain of salt) suggest Kasumi from Dead or Alive. Whether or not these characters do join the roster I really don't mind. They all seem like good choices so I wouldn't be too bothered. It doesn't really help that my most wanted are either already in Ultimate as Spirits or too random so at this point I'll take anything.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If she’s just as important to Banjo-Kazooie’s moveset as Banjo, she counts as a female character. She does the majority of the attacks, and even takes over for running.

Banjo-Kazooie in Smash is a new male character and a new female character.
I still don't think it's too much to ask for a unique female character who isn't a package deal with a male character.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I see a lot of discussion on one of the DLC characters being female to add to the diversity of the roster, and my thoughts are mixed, and I’m not sure how to word it without sounding like an ***.

On one hand, yes, having more female representation is a very good thing, and it’d be great to see some of the female gaming icons join the fight.

On the other hand, I think a lot of the big icons that need to get in Smash, especially in this specific DLC wave adding in new big series, are male. The big series I see talked about are things like Resident Evil, Tekken, Tales Of, Devil May Cry, Doom, Crash Bandicoot, and Ninja Gaiden. Only one of those could be represented by a female (Resident Evil).

That’s just a problem with gaming, especially when we’re looking back to older games since those were the ones that marked themselves in history. The landscape was just male focused, so you have all these amazing series with great characters, but they’re not very diverse in terms of gender. But it’s not Sakurai’s problem.

The fact that they’re all male-lead doesn’t take away from the fact that those are highly influential and beloved series, and if this DLC Pass really is about bringing more huge influential series together in Smash, deserve to be in over smaller nicher games even if they would make the game more diverse.

I hope I didn’t sound like I was whining about “unga bunga forced diversity is ruining video games.” My main point is that the most iconic, beloved, and influential characters should be in this Fighters Pass, and that the most iconic, beloved, and influential game characters are mostly male and shouldn’t be snubbed for that.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I see a lot of discussion on one of the DLC characters being female to add to the diversity of the roster, and my thoughts are mixed, and I’m not sure how to word it without sounding like an ***.

On one hand, yes, having more female representation is a very good thing, and it’d be great to see some of the female gaming icons join the fight.

On the other hand, I think a lot of the big icons that need to get in Smash, especially in this specific DLC wave adding in new big series, are male. The big series I see talked about are things like Resident Evil, Tekken, Tales Of, Devil May Cry, Doom, Crash Bandicoot, and Ninja Gaiden. Only one of those could be represented by a female (Resident Evil).

That’s just a problem with gaming, especially when we’re looking back to older games since those were the ones that marked themselves in history. The landscape was just male focused, so you have all these amazing series with great characters, but they’re not very diverse in terms of gender. But it’s not Sakurai’s problem.

The fact that they’re all male-lead doesn’t take away from the fact that those are highly influential and beloved series, and if this DLC Pass really is about bringing more huge influential series together in Smash, deserve to be in over smaller nicher games even if they would make the game more diverse.

I hope I didn’t sound like I was whining about “unga bunga forced diversity is ruining video games.” My main point is that the most iconic, beloved, and influential characters should be in this Fighters Pass, and that the most iconic, beloved, and influential game characters are mostly male and shouldn’t be snubbed for that.
Let's see, who exactly is left as a female lead?

Lara Croft
Jill Valentine
Chun-Li
Nakoruru
Ivy
Orchid
Kasumi not the Persona one you zoomers

yeah thats about it aint it

LemonBoy65

Smash Rookie

I would suggest Shiori Fujisaki from the dating sim Tokimeki Memorial. However she's pretty much unknown outside Japan and I don't know how Sakurai could implement dating sim mechanics as a moveset.

I actually haven't played Tokimemo but I saw the GameCenter CX episode about it (a good show btw) and I thought it would be fun to see how Shiori would play as a fighter.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Let's see, who exactly is left as a female lead?

Lara Croft
Jill Valentine
Chun-Li
Nakoruru
Ivy
Orchid
Kasumi not the Persona one you zoomers

yeah thats about it aint it
Jill Valentine I acknowledge and would actually enjoy. She’d bring not only a beloved series but a new genre to Smash, and would be really interesting.

Lara Croft is big, but I think there are just bigger, even in just the “PS1 icons” category in Crash and Spyro, moreso the former.

The rest of the list is just characters from popular, but not super iconic fighting games. If they really wanted to introduce another fighting series they’d do the one they already acknowledged as one of the “big fighting games” in Smash 4: Tekken. That ultimately leads them to Jin, Kazuya, or Heihachi.

And Chun-Li isn’t from a new series.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jill Valentine I acknowledge and would actually enjoy. She’d bring not only a beloved series but a new genre to Smash, and would be really interesting.

Lara Croft is big, but I think there are just bigger, even in just the “PS1 icons” category in Crash and Spyro, moreso the former.

The rest of the list is just characters from popular, but not super iconic fighting games. If they really wanted to introduce another fighting series they’d do the one they already acknowledged as one of the “big fighting games” in Smash 4: Tekken. That ultimately leads them to Jin, Kazuya, or Heihachi.

And Chun-Li isn’t from a new series.
dude we got :ultjoker: im pretty sure it isnt gonna hurt to go smaller in game series selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom