• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
The fact we have had countless discussions on getting another Square or Sega rep and gen 8 Pokemon and Waluigi. I think its fair to consider Demi Fiend or Flynn a possible pick for the fighters pass especially if the rumor/theory is true that Nintendo is heavily assisting Atlus with localization for SMTV so it can have a world wide release.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
is it bad to say that playing smash doesn't spark joy anymore? I only keep it on my switch because I have a friend that still plays it and sometimes asks me to play and because Im only hoping my two most wanted show up sooner or later. idk what to do. with my bad luck, the moment I delete the game, Layon will be announced

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
is it bad to say that playing smash doesn't spark joy anymore? I only keep it on my switch because I have a friend that still plays it and sometimes asks me to play and because Im only hoping my two most wanted show up sooner or later. idk what to do. with my bad luck, the moment I delete the game, Layon will be announced
I play other fighting games to keep myself fresh. I also play locals and do reasonably well, so my interest in the game is pretty much the same as its always been. Though, my reliance on playing the game isn't based on a character I want getting in or not.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Just take a break. Whether you play Smash or not won't change when, and which, characters get announced. It's a game and it is meant to be fun, if it isn't fun then don't force yourself.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Well, if true, then Xbox really is pulling all the stops with next gen exclusives. I kinda doubt that they'd go for third party exclusives though, that hasn't been their MO since the days of the 360.

Either way, Thursday will probably be interesting.
I mean Ninja Gaiden is pretty much inactive nowadays. If the only way to get a new game soon is through Microsoft putting money in the development, just like Nintendo did with Bayonetta, I'll welcome it.
It would be an Xbox exclusive but at least it would be on PC as well.

Got you... thank you for the clarification on Crash. Sora is more Square-Enix than Disney but you are right about that one. I reference that in another post that I made just a few posts above the one you are responding to.
Don't worry. Seems curious to me that some people still thinks Crash is owned by Sony.

As for Sora, yeah, I see him a Square Enix character, but to get him in Smash Nintendo would have to talk with Disney, not Square. At best I guess Sakurai would talk with Nomura at some point because he's the creator of Kingdom Hearts.

Ok so I'm buying into the Nocturne hype, Demifiend needs Dante with him in Smash as they've already crossed over with Bayonetta due to the gacha game and holy **** this track's hype as ****
I'm more of a fan of SMT IV's soundtrack but yeah, Nocturne's music is amazing. This one is my favorite battle theme from the game:

Last edited:

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
So, to change topic a bit, I just found this template online about most wanted fighters to each big third party (not sure why Platinum is there tho because they don't really have any ip to them but wathever). It would be fun if other use share it (or if you don't want to to the montage just reply through text).
Konami:Frogger
SEGA:Eggman
Capcom:Dante
Bandai Namco:Lloyd Irving
Square-Enix:Sora
Microsoft:Master Chief
SNK:Marco(Metal Slug)
Highly Requested:Crash Bandicoot
Extremely Unlikely:Knack

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Konami: Pass
Sega: Shadow
Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Namco: Lloyd
Square Enix: Lara Croft
Platinum: Akira, I guess
Microsoft: Master Chief
SNK: Pass
Highly-requested third party: Crash
Unlikely third party: FF9 rep I suppose. Beatrix.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
So, to change topic a bit, I just found this template online about most wanted fighters to each big third party (not sure why Platinum is there tho because they don't really have any ip to them but wathever). It would be fun if other use share it (or if you don't want to to the montage just reply through text).
1.) Konami: Shiori Fujisaki (Tokimeki Memorial)
2.) Sega: Alicia Melchiott (Valkyria Chronicles)
3.) Capcom: Regina (Dino Crisis)
4.) Bandai Namco: Rick Taylor (Splatterhouse)
5.) Square Enix: Thief Arthur (Million Arthur: Arcana Blood)
6.) Platinum: Jack Cayman (MadWorld)
7.) Microsoft: The Hero (Fable)
8.) SNK: Geon (King of the Monsters)
9.) Highly Requested: Edea (Bravely Default)
10.) Extremely Unlikely: Aloy (Horizon Zero)

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
  • Konami: Frogger (Frogger)
  • Sega: Arle (Puyo Puyo)
  • Capcom: Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  • Bandai Namco: Klonoa (Klonoa)
  • Square Enix: 2B (NieR)
  • Platinum: eh... pass (most characters I could want from them are co-owned by someone else)
  • Microsoft: Master Chief (Halo), Rash (Battletoads) or Steve (Minecraft), I'm fine with all three.
  • SNK: Kyo Kusanagi (The King of Fighters)
  • Highly Requested: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Extremely Unlikely: Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I don't think Falcom is unlikely, really, but if they do get a rep, I think it would be Adol or Rean.)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I guess I can't ask for Alucard anymore because we already got Simon/Richter in base roster.
I mean, yeah. I really want Alucard too. But not until at least Smash 6.

Wanting him in Ultimate, after we just got Simon/Richter? That's selfish. Especially to people whose favorite series doesn't have anything yet.

And I know everyone is like "Ohh, DEX up in here telling people they aren't allowed to want the characters they want!" But I'm not. They're allowed to want that. But it's still selfish. Don't pretend it's not. So if they're okay with being selfish, then yeah, keep wanting multiple characters from the same franchise to be added back-to-back. I'm sure no fan of any other franchise is going to mind...

When Ninja Gaiden got a reboot like fifteen years ago it was also originally exclusive to the Xbox. This doesn't mean anything, and Ryu Hayabusa isn't somehow now a Microsoft character just because of an exclusive game
And even if he was, Smash still gets Microsoft characters. :p

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
  • Extremely Unlikely: Estelle Bright (The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I don't think Falcom is unlikely, really, but if they do get a rep, I think it would be Adol or Rean.)
Depending on how Nintendo and Sakurai decide the characters they might go with Estelle as she is more unique than Adol And the Trails series generally sells better than Ys in Japan, Rean maybe the current protagonist but Estelle was the first protagonist in the Trails franchise and at least cameos in every Trails game after Sky.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Konami: Bomberman
Sega: pipedream? vyse. more than 0.1% chance? axel stone.
Capcom: realistic? phoenix wright. pipedream? too many to list.
Bandai Namco: Don-chan
Square Enix: Neku or Crono
Platinum: i guess raiden would count
Microsoft: Fulgore
SNK: Iori

7NATOR

Smash Master
You know, If Geno really is FP7, That would mean Min-Min and Geno are the first 2 Characters of 2nd Fighter Pass

Didn't Sakurai consider these Fighters "Bonus Additions". The first Characters revealed are probably the most important because you want to bait the most people into buying the Whole Pass, so with all that taken into account, what would it mean?

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Konami - Pass
Sega - Dr Eggman
Capcom - Jill Valentine or Phoenix Wright
Namco - Nightmare or Agumon
Square - Lara Croft
Microsoft - Master Chief
SNK - Pass
Tecmo - Bo Jackson from Tecmo Bowl(JK, pass)
Arc - Pass
Level 5- Prof Layton
Highly requested 3rd party - Crash
Unlikey 3rd party - Nathan Drake

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Skipping Platinum since they don't actually own the IPs (Though I'd choose the Legionis for them):
Konami: Alucard, with Raiden being a close second.
Sega: A new Sonic rep, most likely Shadow.
Capcom: Dante from the Devil May Cry series™
Bandai-Namco: Klonoa
Square Enix: Good question. I guess 2B?
Microsoft: Steve?
SNK: Haohmaru
Highly-Requested Third Party: Reimu? I believe she goes here due to being iconic in Japan, and I believe she is quite likely.
Unlikely Third-Party: Miriam.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So, to change topic a bit, I just found this template online about most wanted fighters to each big third party
Konami: Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
Sega: Kazuma Kiryu [Yakuza]
Capcom: Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
Bandai Namco: Nightmare [Soul Calibur]
Square Enix: Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
Platinum: pass
Microsoft: Rash/Zitz [Battletoads]
SNK: SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
Highly Requested: Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
Unlikely: pass

Last edited:

FJA147

Smash Cadet
Konami: Raiden or Alucard
Sega: Sonic rep, if I would choose Dr. Eggman
Capcom: Leon Kennedy or Dante
Bandai Namco: A tales character or maybe a Soul Calibur rep due to Link having been in Soul Calibur II as a guest character
Square: Lara Croft, Sora, Geno, Chrono or 2B
Microsoft: Master Chief or Steve
SNK: ?
Bethesda: Doomguy
Arc systems: Sol Badguy
Activision: Crash or an Overwatch Character
Level 5: ?
Koei-Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) game on NES online part of reasoning
Platinum: Akira Howard

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Depending on how Nintendo and Sakurai decide the characters they might go with Estelle as she is more unique than Adol And the Trails series generally sells better than Ys in Japan, Rean maybe the current protagonist but Estelle was the first protagonist in the Trails franchise and at least cameos in every Trails game after Sky.
In a way, yes, but Adol is still seen as Falcom's poster child in a few circles. Rean is... more of a hunch as I think they'd go with the current protagonist - and to my knowledge CS seems to have led the series to become more popular in comparison to Sky.

...which sucks imo, because I vastly prefer Estelle lol. But I guess I still have some hope somewhere.

7NATOR

Smash Master
True, but he said it would come in a Microsoft costume pack.
Assuming Ryu ain't Playable at least. I still think he could be Playable (not Predicting him though), and honestly His Home Franchise potentially being relevant again helps him.

But yeah, if he wasn't Playable, I'd expect his Mii Costume with Microsoft character, or Perhaps Koei Rage quit and there's no Ryu Costume because Nintendo Chose Dante and Koei doesn't like Capcom

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Wagoning the band!

Konami: Bomberman
Sega: Tails
Capcom: Jill Valentine
Namco: Yoshimitsu
Square: Tifa Lockhart/Lara Croft
Platinum: 2B
Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa
Microsoft: Master Chief
SNK: ?
Highly requested: Crash Bandicoot
Unlikely: Tai' Fu

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.png

I dunno if Dante is highly requested but he was the only one I could think of.
Nothing too interesting honestly.

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Konami: Any Dance Dance Revolution rep
Sega: Shadow
Capcom: El Fuerte
Namco: Shijou Takane
Square: Shantotto
Platinum: N/A
Tecmo: Marie Rose
Microsoft: N/A
SNK: Kula Diamond
Highly requested: Reimu
Unlikely: Lucid (MapleStory)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But yeah, if he wasn't Playable, I'd expect his Mii Costume with Microsoft character, or Perhaps Koei Rage quit and there's no Ryu Costume because Nintendo Chose Dante and Koei doesn't like Capcom

None of these connections matter at all in terms of Smash. Koei-Tecmo, Microsoft and Capcom are all separate, unrelated entities that Nintendo would deal with individually. Whatever they do elsewhere is irrelevant. It's not like the character of Ryu is exclusive to or owned by Microsoft.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Here are my picks:

Konami: Twinbee
Sega: Opa-Opa
Capcom: literally anybody from Battle Circuit
Namco: Albatross or Leila from Rolling Thunder
Square: Haven't played enough games but Yuna from FF X would be cool
Platinum: Jeanne
Tecmo: Haven't played enough of their games.
Microsoft: Same as above
SNK: Nakoruru
Highly Requested: N/A
Unlikely: One of the Wayne Brothers from Battle Garegga

D

Deleted member

if he wasn't Playable, I'd expect his Mii Costume with Microsoft character, or Perhaps Koei Rage quit and there's no Ryu Costume because Nintendo Chose Dante and Koei doesn't like Capcom
God Koei-Tecmo has so much beef with Capcom they made a good portion of Byleth's Smash trailer just to stick it to Dante :4pacman:

But really, while it's not impossible for companies to reject 1 of their characters being added to Smash, I don't see Koei-Tecmo being so dense to reject adding a character to Smash just because of 1 company with a few characters in Ultimate won 1 a patent lawsuit against them (which was still **** but that's besides the point).

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Assuming Ryu ain't Playable at least. I still think he could be Playable (not Predicting him though), and honestly His Home Franchise potentially being relevant again helps him.

Just because Koei doesn't like Capcom doesn't mean Nintendo can't negotiate a deal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How salty you gotta be to reject your character for Smash just cause Capcom is in it lmao that would be pathetic

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay Let me rephrase this

Let's say for some reason Nintendo Wanted Dante over Ryu. Let's say Ryu was planned for the game, but then they saw how popular Dante was getting and Nintendo was like "We want Devil Pizza Man Instead" because Nintendo thought Dante and Ryu would fill the Same Niche (Stylized Action game stars), so Koei got salty, and didn't allow Nintendo no Ryu Costume

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay Let me rephrase this

Let's say for some reason Nintendo Wanted Dante over Ryu. Let's say Ryu was planned for the game, but then they saw how popular Dante was getting and Nintendo was like "We want Devil Pizza Man Instead" because Nintendo thought Dante and Ryu would fill the Same Niche (Stylized Action game stars), so Koei got salty, and didn't allow Nintendo no Ryu Costume
If things got that far, I don't think Nintendo would switch gears and screw over a valuable partner like that.

ZelDan

Smash Master
KONAMI: Bill/lance and maybe other Onctra characters as alts
SEGA/PLATINUM: Jeanne (Bayonetta)
CAPCOM: Megaman X or Zero
NAMCO: IDC
SQUARE: Tifa
TECMO: IDC
MICROSOFT: Master Chief
SNK: IDC
HIGHLY REQUESTED: Crash
UNLIKELY: Shovel Knight

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That is, quite frankly, ****ing stupid.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What's even more funny...

"Yeah you can have that ghost photographer chick as an assist trophy, but Hayabusa as a playable fighter!? No way!"

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
"A SECOND MegaTen rep? That's way too much! That'd never happen! They're not different enough to justify an inclusion!"
"Eight Fire Emblem characters? That's fine, they each got in on their own merits"

The Smash fanbase sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo will never tell other developers/publishers that they canned adding them to Smash over another character from a different studio/company, and if they did, they're basically asking for less cooperation with those said devs/publishers by doing so.

I really don't see where you're getting at with this because Nintendo would never try to even think of that even when you throw in a "well it's Nintendo" remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom