• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
People out here thinking that Min Min only got in because Spring Man was an assist and not that Min Min was creatively superior to Springo in every way
Min Min got in cuz Yabuki wanted her, nothing more, nothing less
If we had "The next fighter will be from...Golden Sun!" and just got Felix, that would be better proof that the AT is an issue. Gameplay-wise, Felix is like an echo fighter for Isaac in their own series. An echo like the original two, at least.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Min-Min did get in on her own, That's a fact

However I have a theory that perhaps Sakurai was never considering Spring-Man for a reason. Perhaps he gonna upgrade an Assist, but he wants that Assist Upgrade to be someone specfic. That character is not Spring-Man.

And No, I Don't think a Assist Character would be Picked just because they are an assist, but of their own merits. Maybe that's why Sakurai avoided the Assist Trophy thing. Not even a mention in the Presentation

Plus Squid Sisters also got a Mii Costume. If it's like the Indie and Western Costumes, it could be a Sign

zferolie

Smash Hero
Only now catching up to what's been going on since I was gone. Y'all really bullied another leaker out of commission?

View attachment 279526

****'s wrong with people man, imma switch to Sony if these manchildren don't get their samus-amiibo-in-a-jar looking ass together.
don't think anyone here did it, it was mostly the twitter manbabies

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Here's a lesson for you guys:
Stop believing in leaks and false hype, your disappointment is your own fault.
Welcome to the smash speculation.
It is your first ride? Because it's the same **** as in 2006 here.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I'd somewhat agree with you if Joker was labeled and considered by Sakurai/Nintendo as a MegaTen rep.
Sakurai/Nintendo don't decide what franchise an Atlus game belongs to.

Persona is a part of MegaTen whether Sakurai acknowledges that or not.

I think the relationship between SMT and Persona is similar to that between Xenosaga and Xenoblade.
It's not. One is an official spinoff series. The other is a spiritual successor made by a different company.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Only now catching up to what's been going on since I was gone. Y'all really bullied another leaker out of commission?

View attachment 279526

****'s wrong with people man, imma switch to Sony if these manchildren don't get their samus-amiibo-in-a-jar looking ass together.
Blame the twitter people. Like seriously people under the tweet of a partner showcase said we'd see things like Xenoblade Chronicles 3, a new FE game, Mario Odyssey 2, Metroid Prime 4, BOTW, F-Zero, Geno in Smash, etc. How can you expect all of those in a direct mini focusing on 3rd parties? Don't get me wrong it was still a bad direct regardless, but still... Some of them were even thinking Atlus meant Persona 5 was coming to the Switch.

Meanwhile, I a true gamer appreciated that SMT 5 trailer and Nocturne remastered in all it's glory. And also Ryza 2 and Sakuna got robbed in the Western direct, Nintendo please notice that it would've been better for those game to be shown off compared to Rogue Company 2 and WWE. At the very least they look decent.

And yeah, it sucks that the hate mob pretty much decided to shun Kelios when he literally leaked the fact that we were getting the July Direct weeks in advance. Kelios was bamboozled by the quality of the direct, but he didn't deserve hate for that. Just goes to show how much in disarray Nintendo is in right now that even insiders don't really know what's going on.

To be honest I don't even know what insiders get from leaking Nintendo info. It's like you're painting a target on your back; is the attention worth dealing with a mob of manchildren? I don't doubt some insiders like seeing people get hyped up, but even then... It's no wonder why a lot of "Nintendo Insiders/leakers" keep themselves/try to keep themselves away from everything nowadays, it's impossible to say anything due to the toxicity. It would also explain why real Smash leaks aren't as common as they were last year (that and S***bi ruining lives of course).

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
What's weird about Spring man is that a bit after the game's release, Sakurai mentionned that he wanted Spring man in base game, but in the Arms presentation he said that he wanted Ninjara more but pick Min min because Yabuki said to pick her. While it is weird that he didn't go for Spring man despite being his first choices, we don't know why he didn't consider Spring man. I don't really see how Spring man have less moveset potential than Ninjara considering that both do pretty much the same stuff but Ninjara can vanish and reappear but that's kind of how dodging work in a less stylish way.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Sakurai/Nintendo don't decide what franchise an Atlus game belongs to.

Persona is a part of MegaTen whether Sakurai acknowledges that or not.
I mean, Wario and Yoshi get their own series logos. Donkey Kong as well, but that's more understandable. Honestly surprised that Luigi's Mansion hasn't gotten its own series logo, but that's probably because Luigi was playable before that subseries came out.
So Persona and SMT being considered different series isn't too surprising.

KillerCage

Smash Master

View attachment 279526

I'M INNOCENT!
Please don't kill me Goku Black!

{realizes who his avatar is} Oh #@(&...
I just made myself look guilty.
I'M GOING OUT IN STYLE!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i've been playing a lot of final fantasy 7 lately. any chance of cloud strife as dlc? he's a bit of a long shot being owned by square enix and all but idk i think he'd be fun

7NATOR

Smash Master
Okay So My Mind came up with an Interesting question

Do you think if Hypothetically, if someone Who didn't ave Sources, Decided to Play Leaker and is able to fake it well, could get Real Leaks and actually fake it till they make it

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
i've been playing a lot of final fantasy 7 lately. any chance of cloud strife as dlc? he's a bit of a long shot being owned by square enix and all but idk i think he'd be fun
Are you a literal dumb idiot moron? Imagine thinking Cloud would get in over 2B LOL

Okay So My Mind came up with an Interesting question

Do you think if Hypothetically, if someone Who didn't ave Sources, Decided to Play Leaker and is able to fake it well, could get Real Leaks and actually fake it till they make it
Yeah I did this back in the day

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey, could of been worse. We could of got Pokemon Unity again for 10 minutes.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
O-Oh my god... is that TPC himself saying I'm... o-oh jeepers... oh shucks... oh gosh... oh wow...

You know what just for that? Yeah I'll save this thread LOL
hello everyone i would like to announce my next project it is an essay called why LTP is based

she is based because she spends her time meditating in the mountains instead of engaging in our petty squabbles, so when she shows up here she can look down on us peons like she has every right to do

thus is the tragic fate of speculation...the more time you spend away the bigger your brain gets

i wish i could be as big brained as ltp but instead i am like this cat

yes thatis me

edit: is that a cat? i think it is but i dont know?

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean, Wario and Yoshi get their own series logos.
Right, but, that doesn't mean those series aren't still Mario spinoffs.

I just don't see getting a 2nd MegaTen rep in Ultimate very likely. Just like I don't think a 2nd KoF rep or a 2nd Dragon Quest rep is likely.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
No, thats like thinking only Liu Kang can represent Mortal Kombat, Sakurai flat out stated his reasoning, gave plenty of it, and even then fans were already predicting other characters for a variety of reasons, none of it related to the AT issue. If people STILL want to pretend all of it doesnt count just to say theres a rule and thats why their "prediction" was wrong or that the character got robbed simly because you predicted etc.. (no really you cant just go "all this evidence saying otherwise doesnt count because I dont want to and I wanted to predict otherwise even though I have no sourcing: this is what flat-earthers do").

then its time to accept this is denial and move on. Springman is NO Ryu and never will be, he had one game, tons of fighting games have the villain or a someone who started as a side character being considered the face or being used in all of its crossovers, its nothing new, even amongst Heavy Hitters, the "Ryus" are pretty rare actually.

At best Springo can be an important character later on depending on what a sequel does but he ain't no Scorpion, no Morrigan, no Nightmare, no Heihachi etc, now you can give a technicality as to why these examples were actually the traditional protagonists all along because of this or that, but the same goes for Springo and Minmin, make an Arms 2 with the whole cast in the cover or with a new guy, or with Min Min and this discussion is done. Its time that people accept their preditction just happened to be wrong, he wasnt going to make it and that it doesnt interfere at all with any other AT getting in, because even if Sakurai is against it, this STILL has nothing to do with the ARMs choice as it didnt even get to that point, Sakurai was flat out considering the two finalists of the big tourney even.
The difference is that Springo is in the cover and most ARMS marketing while Liu Kang is not.

Also he's the main character of that yet to be released graphic novel.

And as far as little story ARMS has, Coyle was interested enough in him to create a robot duplicate of him, and there's implications to a connection with Max Brass because they have similar gameplay, which is still above other characters even if not by much.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
hello everyone i would like to announce my next project it is an essay called why LTP is based

she is based because she spends her time training in the mountains instead of squabbling with us peons, so when she shows up here she can look down on us like she has every right to do

thus is the tragic fate of speculation...the more time you spend away from spec the bigger your brain gets

i wish i could be as big brained as ltp but instead i am like this cat

yes thatis me
My mountain training has to be done so I can one day go to Sakurai's house and
kiss him a little on the cheek to convince him to drop the Geno patch
it's a very difficult endeavor I don't fault you peasants for not following in my footsteps (top 50 liked user on site btw)

That video is you explaining how Bravely Defaultman is a lock and me nodding along with curiosity

please stop bullying me i am emotioanlly . fragile
Lol august 5th faygo gets owned lol

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Prrrf...no need to get crazy now

Next people will be asking for that old N64 duo now owned by Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom