• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Nostalgia Critic is the next DLC character. Linkara is his echo and Kickassia is his stage. Doug gets the Bat Credit Card and Linkara gets the Power Rangers rant as their final smashes respectively.
Why would anyone want that turd blossom anywhere near Smash lmao

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
Attack of the clones.jpg

I sometimes feel like the amount of characters represented in a franchise can negatively affect the community's perception of wanting more in said franchise. For example, as shown in my meme, Banjo-Kazooie fans are grateful that they got their character in Smash. Adversely, Fire Emblem fans might feel a little overwhelmed at the amount of characters that share similar moves, and may wish for more radically different characters such as Byleth. Another example could be Kirby fans clamoring for BWD and Pokemon fans wishing for more non-starters to join. Of course, not everyone feels this way, but I do notice trends like this every once in a while. Just my thoughts though.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I just realized something. Next week is not only Mario Tennis 20th birthday which is Waluigi's first ever debut, but also the rumored direct. Is it finally time?

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
You know, one of the two dates given by that HotGirl twitter account is July 14th.

If we were getting a Direct tomorrow, we probably would've gotten an announcement for it earlier today... but wouldn't it be hilarious if we ended up getting another Direct Mini out of the blue again?:4pacman:
This prediction is not actually serious... but now watch as it ends up being true anyway, like that one time I predicted Devil May Cry V at Microsoft's E3.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
You know, one of the two dates given by that HotGirl twitter account is July 14th.

If we were getting a Direct tomorrow, we probably would've gotten an announcement for it earlier today... but wouldn't it be hilarious if we ended up getting another Direct Mini out of the blue again?:4pacman:
This prediction is not actually serious... but now watch as it ends up being true anyway, like that one time I predicted Devil May Cry V at Microsoft's E3.
Well, she didn't predict the actually date where Sakurai unveiled Min Min, just the date of the announcement. So, I'm assuming we're getting the Direct's announcement tomorrow (if we get anything).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, she didn't predict the actually date where Sakurai unveiled Min Min, just the date of the announcement. So, I'm assuming we're getting the Direct's announcement tomorrow (if we get anything).
My main concern with that is, if the Direct IS on the 20th, that seems a little further away then when they usually announce Directs. Then again, 2020 has forced basically everyone to change their plans...

Shroob

Sup?
Did Min Min even get a full 3 weeks of being the main focus before they move onto the next character reveal, assuming there is a Direct next week?

I guess that's the monkey's paw of being "Announced" 3 months in advance, technically.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We didn’t know that there would be an arms

Then came the shock when in came Min Min

3 weeks of no news really did no harm

To let her sit there with her win win

Only now we got rumors like the Christmas elf

And Nintendo and Microsoft still got no beef

All I can say is prepare yourself

For Master Chief
1594695533808.png

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, probably one more character this year, dropping around August or September, and then the last 4 next year?

Seems reasonable to me tbh.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So, probably one more character this year, dropping around August or September, and then the last 4 next year?

Seems reasonable to me tbh.
I expect them to do 3/3
Minmin: June
FP7: August/September
FP8: November/December

FP9: March
FP10:August/September
FP11:November/December

I.D.

Smash Lord
Did Min Min even get a full 3 weeks of being the main focus before they move onto the next character reveal, assuming there is a Direct next week?

I guess that's the monkey's paw of being "Announced" 3 months in advance, technically.
I honestly don't get these posts. It's like saying Hero didn't even get an hour of being the main focus before moving onto Banjo's reveal.

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly don't get these posts. It's like saying Hero didn't even get an hour of being the main focus before moving onto Banjo's reveal.
Eh, we got at least a month of playtime with Hero though, and a delicious amount of salt from "HERO SHOULD BE BANNED DUE TO RNG!"

Min Min still has a lot of playtime left, sure, but considering this was their planned E3 reveal, who's still going to be thinking about her if this is a heavy, E3-worthy hitter?

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
CP6: Late June
CP7: Early September
CP8: Late November

CP9: Mid February
CP10: Early May
CP11: Early August
Extra Pack: Early December

CP12: Early March
CP13: Mid June
CP14: Early September
CP15: Mid November

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It depends for me. If we get 3 this year then I’m almost certain they’ll finish earlier than December but I also think that 4 next year is easily likely as well and it will last till December. 1 every 3ish months.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Welcome to the Smashboards Newcomer DLC Speculation! We have:

POETRY
We didn’t know that there would be an arms

Then came the shock when in came Min Min

3 weeks of no news really did no harm

To let her sit there with her win win

Only now we got rumors like the Christmas elf

And Nintendo and Microsoft still got no beef

All I can say is prepare yourself

For Master Chief
View attachment 278350
FANFICTION
"Isn't it so cool that Mario can fight Sonic, Cloud Strife, and Banjo & Kazooie in one game? It's the console wars come to life!"

The guest stares at you, obviously confused, and honestly asks, "Don't you have any other hobbies? You've been talking about this game for 20 minutes."

To which you respond, voice laced with the regret of countless summers lost to petty arguments on online forums, "Who needs hobbies when I have Smash Bros?"

From the sheer-faced cringe of your guest, you come to the bitter realization that there's more to life than a character selection stage, but it's far too late to change.

"Get out. I want to be left alone." You say. Your guest understands, and promptly leaves. You sink to your knees, and sob. Your phone buzzes in your pocket. It's a notification.

"HOTGIRLVIDEOS69 POSTED ON TWITTER?! WE MIGHT GET A DIRECT SOON? YES!"

Ė̵͖v̶͉̽̽é̷̩̈ṟ̵͎͋ÿ̵͉t̵̼̕h̷͍̐i̴̗̼̓̐n̴̮͑̾ͅg̶͙̔̔ ̴̟̾̾i̵͓̒́s̷͍͒ ̴̳̻̍f̸̧̑͠i̶͈̲̊n̴̔͜e̸̛͖͇͠.̶͈͛̉
MEMES
What if we kissed in the Character Select Screen and talked about HotGirlVideos69 all night long? :love:
What else is there to ask for?

Speculation and discussion? The **** are those?

Miss me with that ****.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Welcome to the Smashboards Newcomer DLC Speculation! We have:

POETRY

FANFICTION

MEMES

What else is there to ask for?

Speculation and discussion? The **** are those?

Miss me with that ****.
Discussions outdated
Speculation overrated
Long have we waited
****posts activated

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Also, this is still going
Clearly they're going to add Waluigi to revitalize interest in Mario Tennis Aces like they did with ARMS. They're even doing the Gold Point Tournament thing! It's SO obvious!

Just wait until they add Daisy again to promote Super Mario Party. This pass is gonna be lit.

Shroob

Sup?
Clearly they're going to add Waluigi to revitalize interest in Mario Tennis Aces like they did with ARMS. They're even doing the Gold Point Tournament thing! It's SO obvious!

Just wait until they add Daisy again to promote Super Mario Party. This pass is gonna be lit.
DAISY

TWO!

1594698473383.png

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
who do you guys think will be the retro rep of this pass? similar to how terry was, at least thats what i see him as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom