• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I hope you realize you could literally say the same thing about Banjo vs. Steve/Master Chief lmao
It may seem similair but the circumstances are way too different. Banjo got in because he had tons of fan support and Phil Spencer's blessing. Wanna know which non video game character has the most fan support in this community? Goku.

......Why am I even talking about non video game characters anyways when they're obviously not happening in this game lol

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just realized an ultimate curveball. Imagine if FP6 is an upgraded costume. It isn't Lloyd, it isn't Geno and it isn't someone who was already rereleased, but rather Gilgamesh from Tower of Druaga. That game really helped influence many games, including Zelda and even got multiple animes 20 years later. Despite this, there's not even a support thread for Gil on this site.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I just realized an ultimate curveball. Imagine if FP6 is an upgraded costume. It isn't Lloyd, it isn't Geno and it isn't someone who was already rereleased, but rather Gilgamesh from Tower of Druaga. That game really helped influence many games, including Zelda and even got multiple animes 20 years later. Despite this, there's not even a support thread for Gil on this site.
Ultima created the RPG genre for video games as we know it and was a major inspiration for Dragon Quest yet it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. SMH when will the REAL grandfather of the RPG genre get in Smash? Bring in the Avatar.

SKX31

Smash Master
So, I got an interesting question.

It's pretty much a given that people think "fourth party" characters are out, but... what if it was possible to get one?

Before you call me crazy, I should probably remind you that flipping James Bond was considered for Melee due to GoldenEye 007.

So what if the whole "no fourth party" rule actually has a little bit of a loophole? As in, what if a series of games games with a 4th-party origin has managed to stand on its own to the point where it's considered its own thing separate from its origin?

The Witcher series and The Wolf Among Us are perfect examples of what kind of game I'm trying to refer to. Not saying I want characters from those games, just that they're good examples. GoldenEye 007 also qualifies since Sakurai confirmed that Bond was considered, likely due to the game's multiplayer allowing it to stand out from its movie inspiration.

Of course, the vast majority of 4th-party games are derivative of the source material to the point of being an extension of them, but I'm referring to the exceptions, not the norm.

So with that in mind, are the video games with 4th-party origins that have actually managed to stand on their own considered games or non-games?
If the 4th party rule goes one day, I'd honestly prefer it to be this way because it keeps the focus around video games as a medium.

Batman is another 4th party character who can actually claim a significant impact on the game industry. Mostly the Arkham and LEGO Batman games, yes, but he's been present in the industry for about as long as Goku. While his earlier outings were (largely) deriviative* one could make the case for him should the 4th party rule weaken or vanish one day.

He doesn't have the fan support Goku enjoys though (not to the nearly same extent), so there's that.

*(Especially apparent with Batman Forever.)

I mean we're never getting a non-video game character in Smash so this is all moot, but Bond is the only one I'd be willing to accept.
We have no idea which position Nintendo's going to be in 10-15 years or if Sakurai will still be involved with Smash by that point. A director with less qualms about 4th parties could certainly seek out a 4th party character - Bandai Namco and Netherrealm have no real qualms, but usually the 4th party characters fit the game. Harada does whatever he wants though.

4th party characters are obviously not happening this game, but I could certainly imagine a far future where a future director / Nintendo turns to a 4th party character. Key phrase being far future, of course - that requires a lot of shifts within Nintendo..

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Some things:

1. I've been playing quite a bit of Min Min (like everyone else basically) and she's definitely different. I like her playstyle and her smash attacks are ridiculous but she feels somewhat awkward to control and it feels like half the time she does a kick when I meant to do a tilt or smash attack. She is fun, but overall I can't see playing her as often in the long-run as I initially thought I would.

2. But on the other hand, I added all the ARMS songs to my favorites playlist. ARMS has a great soundtrack but I do wish there were remixes for some of the slower songs.

3. This is a response to a conversation from a couple days ago, but I was just thinking that Capcom could give us a pretty good amount of music tracks considering that they are probably the third party company with the most content in Smash and they seem a little generous with the about 30 music tracks that they allowed for the base game. Of course I'm not expecting 50 tracks and the budget of the base game was higher, but I can see them giving 15 or even 20 music tracks. Or maybe that is my wishful thinking to get as much Ace Attorney music in Smash as possible.

4. When it comes to 4th party characters, I can legit see Geralt of Rivia getting into a future Smash game. The Witcher 3 has an identity of its own and is by far the most iconic part of the franchise. It has successfully hit the mainstream and I would not be surprised if there are people who didn't know The Witcher was originally a novel.

5. I didn't even think of Gilgamesh. A darkhorse pick indeed. I never paid much attention to Tower of Drauga but looking at Cutie Gwen's post, wow I didn't know it was a franchise. Not to mention that his Mii costume is still missing in action but we would likely get it alongside A Bamco rep or maybe a completely different character. I still think Lloyd is the most likely Bamco character due to RPGs being super popular in Japan, Tales Of being a popular series in Japan with a fanbase in the West, and Sakurai himself acknowledging Lloyd and the fact that he would choose him as the Tales rep. But Cutie Gwen definitely opened my eyes to a possible curveball pick.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also, haven't really said it yet, but now that Spirits are no longer a barrier...

Sakurai, if you're out there listening to us somewhere, please.
Base Spirits.

Spirit Boards/Events are still out of the running unless they make an Fighter Pass 3.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
For the record, "4th party" isn't a thing. The medium a character originates from has nothing to do with who owns the rights. Most "4th party" characters like Goku or Superman are third party, and I guess a few are first party, like Escargoon or the fat guy from the Yoshi's Island commercial, I guess.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
For the record, "4th party" isn't a thing. The medium a character originates from has nothing to do with who owns the rights. Most "4th party" characters like Goku or Superman are third party, and I guess a few are first party, like Escargoon or the fat guy from the Yoshi's Island commercial, I guess.
I think most people understand this but, but it's good to restate it every now and again. The term is useful to quickly and accurately describe the concept of characters not originating from video games in the context of Smash speculation spheres. Don't go around saying that in other spheres or people will look at you like you suggested buffing Palu nair.

It's kind of the same thing with second-party games. Technically, Next Level Games and Camelot and the like are independent third-parties who very often license Nintendo's first-party IPs to create games based on them, but it's easier just to say second-party and have people understand what you mean.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why does it seem like "forth-party" is more likely to make people go "uh ackshually that's not a real term" than "deconfirm" when the proper term is "disconfirm"?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Why does it seem like "forth-party" is more likely to make people go "uh ackshually that's not a real term" than "deconfirm" when the proper term is "disconfirm"?
Probably because one of them is simply an incorrect prefix for the same thing while the other is a made-up legal term that can potentially confuse people about how licensing for Smash works.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Probably because dis and de in that context really don't sound remotely different at all and make enough sense it's hard for others to notice. It's also, what, more of a fan term compared to 3rd party which is a legal one? So one simply is more notable in importance. There's a lot of licensing talk in itself when it comes to 3rd parties too, so it makes a lot of sense to worry more about being accurate there.

Non-game 3rd party is just as useful as 4th party, and less confusing.

Neither term really matter much, though, regardless. Do people really use deconfirm in a different context? In both cases, people pretty much know what you mean. So Deconfirm/Disconfirm and 4th Party/Non-Game Third Party are used interchangeably. Among those, only one phrase is longer to type, so it gets used less often overall. That's... kind of really the only reason to use 4th Party at this point. At least people know what it means, so it's not like its usage is some kind of issue usually?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Last night I had a dream Erica Fontaine from Sakurai Wars was confirmed for Smash. She was a PS1-style Chibi sprite, she moved freely on a grid into both the foreground and background of stages, and her stage was a World War I battlefield from Valiant Hearts.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Last night I had a dream Erica Fontaine from Sakurai Wars was confirmed for Smash. She was a PS1-style Chibi sprite, she moved freely on a grid into both the foreground and background of stages, and her stage was a World War I battlefield from Valiant Hearts.
>Erica Fontaine over Sakura Shinguji

I know people would complain about more swords, but still.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Gotta say, I kinda want the FP slots to give more representation to series within the scope of ones we already have (like with the SNK stuff.) Like, say if we got Shadow, I'd say that as opposed to just more Sonic music and spirits (although another Sonic stage to contrast the two in would be interesting, like Radical Highway) we could get more SEGA spirits and music, like stuff from (for instance) Jet Set Radio, Monkeyball, Alex Kidd, Virtua Fighter and Shenmue. I think that with some smaller series and stuff, or stuff unlikely to make a playable appearance, having some form of representation within the game would be really cool - for instance, the music of Jet Set Radio would be incredible alone in Smash, or maybe a Shibuya stage or something, even if Beat wasn't playable. I recognise that licensing is a bit more complex with stuff like that, but these added tracks and stuff would just go into miscellaneous, like how stuff other from 'major' series of Nintendo's is put in miscellaneous. Like, stuff like Cornered from Phoenix Wright, soundtracks from other games, just smaller stuff like that, would be really cool. Just my thoughts though, it is a bit of a ramble :/

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Better nor hear anyone complain if I start telling people Banjo and Geno are 1st party because their games were published by Nintendo and Sora is 4th party because he's owned by Disney lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gotta say, I kinda want the FP slots to give more representation to series within the scope of ones we already have (like with the SNK stuff.) Like, say if we got Shadow, I'd say that as opposed to just more Sonic music and spirits (although another Sonic stage to contrast the two in would be interesting, like Radical Highway) we could get more SEGA spirits and music, like stuff from (for instance) Jet Set Radio, Monkeyball, Alex Kidd, Virtua Fighter and Shenmue. I think that with some smaller series and stuff, or stuff unlikely to make a playable appearance, having some form of representation within the game would be really cool - for instance, the music of Jet Set Radio would be incredible alone in Smash, or maybe a Shibuya stage or something, even if Beat wasn't playable. I recognise that licensing is a bit more complex with stuff like that, but these added tracks and stuff would just go into miscellaneous, like how stuff other from 'major' series of Nintendo's is put in miscellaneous. Like, stuff like Cornered from Phoenix Wright, soundtracks from other games, just smaller stuff like that, would be really cool. Just my thoughts though, it is a bit of a ramble :/
That'd be sweet, but few companies would agree to that.

Usually characters tend to mostly represent their specific game or franchise as a whole. You rarely see it represent the entire company. Pac-Man is the only one close to Terry in that regard, but he mainly represent Namco Arcade with since Ultimate more very tiny nods to other Bandai-Namco series with the taunts. These tiny cameos are a lot more common too. Despite Bandai Namco helping make the game, it only has a certain amount of content. There's still licensing to be done and all. Mainly cause it's a Nintendo owned game where all Bamco content is guest content. If they were 1st party, it'd be even more open.

Incidentally, the big thing I want from Sega is some more battle-like music from the Sonic series in itself. It's massively lacking. There's also a lot of great music outside of theme songs alone. With more than one Crush 40 song, I weep to see that Shadow the Hedgehog music is neglected, despite it being practically the most popular part of the game(the other is mostly memes, as it wasn't that much liked).

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
This is one of the biggest reasons why I think Sephiroth would be an awesome addition. He could bring in a whole wave of new content for Final Fantasy 7 to have in Smash, especially with Remake's release. He could bring in new songs, including One Winged Angel, can bring new spirits for the main cast of FF7 and he might even bring a new stage with different summons (Shiva, Knights of the Round, etc.)

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
This will not happen for a variety of reasons, but as far as 4th party characters with gaming legacies, I'd probably go with Mickey Mouse. An iconic character around the world, with games on seemingly every single popular console, dating back to the Atari 2600. The sheer amount of titles he's been in (Mouscapades, Castle of Illusion, Magical Quest, Mickey Mania, Epic Mickey) could offer a unique moveset, any songs he could come with would be tremendous, and you'd have an embarrassment of riches to choose from as far as stages.

As I said, it will never, ever happen, but one can wonder.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We're on a damn game board discussing **** using words that don't even exist in real life.

People are seriously going around correcting word usage around here? The hell? Lol

That kind of policing seems dumb.
I'm not word policing. I just thought those that were were being rather selective about what words to police.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So, I got an interesting question.

It's pretty much a given that people think "fourth party" characters are out, but... what if it was possible to get one?

Before you call me crazy, I should probably remind you that flipping James Bond was considered for Melee due to GoldenEye 007.

So what if the whole "no fourth party" rule actually has a little bit of a loophole? As in, what if a series of games games with a 4th-party origin has managed to stand on its own to the point where it's considered its own thing separate from its origin?

The Witcher series and The Wolf Among Us are perfect examples of what kind of game I'm trying to refer to. Not saying I want characters from those games, just that they're good examples. GoldenEye 007 also qualifies since Sakurai confirmed that Bond was considered, likely due to the game's multiplayer allowing it to stand out from its movie inspiration.

Of course, the vast majority of 4th-party games are derivative of the source material to the point of being an extension of them, but I'm referring to the exceptions, not the norm.

So with that in mind, are the video games with 4th-party origins that have actually managed to stand on their own considered games or non-games?
I’d only want characters from those series that debuted as a game character like Android 21 or Darth Revan. I think that’d be an acceptable loophole.

Yeah, with only one game that mattered. Meanwhile DBZ has released a butt ton of games that are still memorable to this day. Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Attack of the Saiyans, Fighterz etc. And in regards to Fighterz it's still on EVO years after it's release and has essentially replaced MvC's spot.

DBZ has been pumping out games since the 80s and has achieved a total sales with 55 million. Goldeneye only had one good game back in the N64, DBZ on the other hand is eternal and will continue to get incredible games even decades from now.
By that logic, Star Wars deserves it more. Star Wars games have sold over 100 million Copies. DragonBall games really only appeal to fans of that series too. I never see people put DBZ games on the list of best games ever, but I have seen the likes of Knights of the Old Republic & Battlefront II on those lists.

I’m a DragonBall fan & I’ve never really understood the Goku meme. I guess it’s just because the Smash community is full of anime fans?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’d only want characters from those series that debuted as a game character like Android 21 or Darth Revan. I think that’d be an acceptable loophole.
Worth noting that thanks to Disney, there is no Star Wars game canon in itself. So Darth Revan is just treated as the same as Darth Vader in terms of franchise origin. It's just "Star Wars Expanded Universe". Kind of lame too, imo.

Android 21 was from a more specific game canon that doesn't apply to the franchise as a whole, so it's a more proper loophole right now. Basically the same as King Mickey is. They're clearly game-specific and not going to be used in other materials.

I do want to point out though that legally, it's the same thing. It's the same companies usually and rarely different amount of IP holders. The issue doesn't change. The other issue is that Nintendo or Sakurai would change a vastly important character from the franchise first even then. So neither of those two would really be in consideration. At least Star Wars has a few characters of note that would make sense for a first character(Luke, Darth Vader, Yoda, basically the core trio of major characters) in Smash specifically. Dragonball as a whole? It's Goku or nothing. The closest we could get is the more Xenoverse design, but it'd clearly be Goku.

Not that I disagree with using the game version of a character if they debuted that way as a good option, but it's important they also would be in realistic consideration for the first character of a franchise. That also matters too. That's why it's not really a loophole in itself. To go back to King Mickey for a second... would he really get in over Sora? No. Sora is the KH guy. King Mickey easily could work as a second KH character, on the other hand. Just like Android 21 or Darth Revan would make great secondary characters.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman
I also like the term "fifth party" to refer to putting a real life person in the game (side tangent: isn't the Kawashima in Brain Age more of a fictional character who happens to be heavily inspired by an actual person? He's not actually a giant floating head), but I wouldn't casually drop it into a conversation unless I was confident of being understood.

As far as fourth parties go I'd love to see Chase McCain, but when you really get down to it very few people actually care about the "technically this licensed character did originate in a game" angle.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Also, haven't really said it yet, but now that Spirits are no longer a barrier...

View attachment 276899

Sakurai, if you're out there listening to us somewhere, please.
Akira Howard is lowkey my most wanted first party at this point. They could be so cool in terms of moveset and they would bring an unique aesthetic to Smash as well.
I don't think it's gonna happen in Pass 2 tho, being spirits released after the game's launch and all that.

I object to this specific example because I've seen enough people get horny for Ultimate!Zelda's foot and I don't trust those perverts.

Then again I'd campaign for SotN Richter because Richter becomes like 30 times hotter with long hair
SotN Richter was always best Richter. I don't know why but him with short hair always seemed a bit off for me.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know, sometimes I think about characters who we know for a fact were close to making it in like Decidueye but more specifically, Alucard. Alucard's AT is so ****ing detailed in terms of moveset it's insane, no way would anyone have ****ing guessed that Sakurai would give him the Crissaegrim and ****. Hell, I'm willing to bet Sakurai would acknowledge the Stone easter egg that shows Alucard's holding back

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Anyway, more than extra costumes, I'd honestly love some unique echoes meant to emulate old movesets.
In terms of Echo Fighter characters that would essentially be "this other character's moveset from an older game brought back", the one that comes to mind for me would be Flygon as a Charizard Echo Fighter, with the Pokemon Change Down Special instead being Rock Smash and the whole character essentially functioning as solo-Charizard from Smash 4 (including reusing a couple of Charizard's custom moves from that game).

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If any 4th party earns a spot I say Popeye. He did play an part in Mario aka Mr. Nintendo's and most iconic video game character creation.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Here’s my DLC rankings!

:ultpiranha: **** plant, all my homies hate plant. Though it is funny that my friend made a joke about it coming to smash a day before the presentation.

:ultbanjokazooie: I’m very happy Banjo is in the game and the stage is cool. The Music doesn’t make me feel anything and his gameplay is not for me.

:ultminmin Gameplay is kinda lame though I like the dragon lasers. The stage is meh and the music is okay.

:ultjoker: Definitely fun and the music is good and so is the stage!

:ultbyleth: Def disappointed it was Byleth but I enjoy them more than the others below.

:ulthero: The most fun I’ve had with a smash character in ages! Music and stage are AWFUL though.

:ult_terry: I LOVE TERRY. I’m so happy he’s in the game, every time I play him it’s like I’m coming home. His mechanics (and the shotos) are how smash should be IMO. All specials moves should be cancelable and be cancelable from aerials too. I love everything that came with Terry too. I love you Terry, all my homies love Terry

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’ve been bored & day dreaming about what the rest of the pass will look like. I really can’t pinpoint 5 whole characters I think are likely. But I think we’ll see three types of character.

The first two sets of 6 (non-echo) characters that Ultimate received both had two “showstopper” characters. The base roster had Ridley/K Rool while Fighters Pass 1 had Joker/Banjo. I believe we’ll receive atleast two more characters of that caliber in Fighters Pass 2.

They’ll more likely than not be from the popular names that are commonly thrown around like Crash, Sora, Dante, etc... I don’t think we’ll get any Joker-like surprises in this category. Mainly because Joker’s reveal made it so that every popular game character is now a possibility & people have ran with that idea. The only exception being Sony characters, but those are prooobably off the table.

I think atleast one of the “showstopper” characters will be from a Western series too. Ever since Banjo was announced, a good amount of Western series have joined Smash through Mii costumes. So it’s clear that Nintendo/Sakurai are interested in those games & I imagine that will carry over to the Fighter selection.

After the “showstoppers”, I think atleast one more Nintendo character is guaranteed; possibly even two more. I have a good feeling that any Nintendo characters we see will have debuted on the Switch; so characters like Rex, a Sw/Sh Pokemon, a BOTW character or maybe they’ll surprise us with Akira Howard or Ring Fit Adventurer.

This may seem shill-like, which it is tbh, but I think the Switch deserves it. The Switch is going to be seen as one of the most important Nintendo consoles ever. It saved Nintendo from a very dark period of time. It also has an amazing library of exclusives so far. It deserves any love that Smash will give it.

The last spot or two would go to a 3rd party Japanese character that isn’t speculated often, but would makes sense once you think about it. So someone more in-line with Terry like Sakura, Axel Stone, Haggar, Sol Badguy & Ryu Hayabusa. A choice like this gives love to some lesser known Japanese games & their respective company. Plus they’re probably easy to negotiate for.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I think FP11 might be a character from an unreleased game. If you’re having Smash content that far into the Switch’s lifespan it makes sense to plan a slot for a character that “didn’t exist“ during the base game.

Sc_Ev0lution

Smash Journeyman
If I were chosing a Sakura Wars character, I'd go with Gemini Sunrise. Can't get much cooler than a Samurai Cowgirl.

andree123

Smash Ace
He said that we are getting a direct in July but Nintendo has no plans to show any directs in this year. It could be something else instead.
He is the same guy who leaked the March 26th direct in February. And he has sources.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He said that we are getting a direct in July but Nintendo has no plans to show any directs in this year. It could be something else instead.
What you heard back in May was that Nintendo currently didn't have any Directs planned. It didn't mean we couldn't have a direct in July onward.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What you heard back in May was that Nintendo currently didn't have any Directs planned. It didn't mean we couldn't have a direct in July onward.
They said a second spike of COVID in Japan could set them back but so far it looks like Japan has the virus under control, so

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair, the Astral Chain Spirit event really didn't cover a lot of the game at all, so there's still plenty of potential for a bigger Spirit board later. It had the two main protags (and they could just pull a Min Min situation with those), and a couple side characters, one of whom was a boss fight.

They could just add Kyle and Lappy's spirits to the DLC Spirit board like they did with the pre-existing ARMS Spirits on Min Min's, and then fill up a couple more slots with other characters.

Maximillian Howard, Jena Anderson, Yoseph Calvert, Hal Clark, the Legions on their own (the current Astral Chain spirits feature the Sword and Arrow Legions as part of the artwork for the protags), and some of the other Neuron officers. Problem solved.
Don't say that. Don't give me hope.
I just find it kinda odd that they would make a Spirit Event for them when they'll come later. It's like with the Heihachi Mii. You already gave them their time in the spotlight, why do it again? Assuming I'm wrong, I'll eat my words with a side of fries, but sadly, I don;t see it happening.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Only 4th party characters I'd be alright with being playable:
  • Scrooge McDuck (since DuckTales is an NES classic)
  • Scott Pilgrim (he just fits in so well especially with the beat 'em up game)
  • Lee or Clementine from Telltale's TWD game
I'd also be open to some 4th party Mii Costumes. Imagine how cool it'd be if we got costumes of Captain America (Brawler), Thor (Swordsfighter with sword = Mjolnir), and Iron Man (Gunner).

And yes I know I'm late to the 4th party talk, I was gonna post this but then stuff at work came up.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
My updated DLC Rankings:

:ult_terry:: Terry still remains my favorite DLC character. Everything that he brought to Smash was awesome: The biggest selection of music of any 3rd party, so far the best DLC stage in the game, his trailer is the best trailer for a newcomer thus far and his playstyle is great and fits how I play. Everything about Terry is 10/10. He's probably gonna be really hard to beat in my opinion.

:ulthero:: One of the more fun DLC characters in my opinion. I know Hero is probably one of the more controversial DLC characters in terms of play style and content, but I find him so much to fun to play with especially in FFA's. While he could have certainly brought more (thanks composer....), Hero is a very fun character for me to play. I find his stage really pretty and I like playing on it, but the music could have been better (thanks composer...).

:ultjoker:: Biggest surprise of the DLC characters so far. His stage is cool and unique with the whole color swap depending on the music mechanic and the music is really good. However his play style isn't really for me until Arsene shows up. So representation wise, he's great. Play style wise, not the best with my style of play.

:ultbanjokazooie:: The most hype character of the DLC's so far with a fantastic trailer. Unfortunately, that's the most he's got for me. The play style is not my thing and the stage, while good, is not one I revisit often.

:ultbyleth:: Good stage, fun style of play, terrible reveal and trailer. I like Byleth, I think he's fun. But in my opinion, he has the worst reveal out of any DLC character in terms of trailer and when they showed him.

:ultminmin: Min Min's best thing was her trailer. Her stage and music are fine (NAME REDACTED is really good) but they aren't anything special to me and her play style is VERY tricky for my tastes. I recognize her value as a character addition, but I don't feel anything grand about her one way or the other.

:ultpiranha:: The one I feel the least of anything about. Plant is just there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom