• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tbf Nintendo did kill Chibi-Robo but only after giving it more chances than most series that never actually sold well could hope for...

But why Chibi-Robo has never at least been an AT I'm sure I don't know.
Chibi-Robo 1: Let’s make this game it’ll be fun! - sales are pretty good
Chibi-Robo 2: Let’s make this game, for DS, and we’ll not release it in Europe, and make it a Walmart exclusive in America, and not promote it at all
Chibi-Robo 3: Let’s make this game but only for Japan
Chibi-Robo 4: Let’s make this game an AR game that is useless
Chibi-Robo 5: Let’s turn this character into a mediocre 2D platformer

and thus:

SKX31

Smash Master
Amateur. Tomato Adventure didn't even get a sequel.
Nintendo's decision to not localize the Famicom Detective Club remake outside Japan will always be strange to me.

I think remaking GS1&2 effectively is well within the capabilities of Camelot.

Making a good GS4 is another issue entirely since it's been a looooong time since they made a truly quality RPG.

From what I hear even their sports outings are kinda so-so these days.
Tennis Aces did pretty well - albeit it was built on Ultra Smash's ashes effectively. But yeah, remakes seem to be much easier than GS4.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
If I was Camelot, I would remake Golden Sun and The Lost Age and release it as one. With some help from Nintendo marketing, I would release it with the goal of not only re-introducing Golden Sun to the public, I'd get the old rpg-gears working again.

Then a while later, if the remake turns out to be a success, I make an HD port of Dark Dawn while making certain changes to the gameplay and whatnot. This again gets my rpg skills back to snuff, while also getting people up to speed of GS' overall story.

Finally, I make GS4. With my skills almost back to what they used to be, along with some new hired talent, I release a game the hardcore fans have been asking for a long time. At this point, Isaac in Smash is just a cherry on top.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If I was Camelot, I would remake Golden Sun and The Lost Age and release it as one. With some help from Nintendo marketing, I would release it with the goal of not only re-introducing Golden Sun to the public, I'd get the old rpg-gears working again.

Then a while later, if the remakes turn out to be a success, I make an HD port of Dark Dawn while making certain changes to the gameplay and whatnot. This again gets my rpg skills back to snuff, while also getting people up to speed of GS' overall story.

Finally, I make GS4. With my skills almost back to what they used to be, along with some new hired talent, I release a game the hardcore fans have been asking for a long time. At this point, Isaac in Smash is just a cherry on top.
Those games were intended to be one game anywho.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Nintendo's decision to not localize the Famicom Detective Club remake outside Japan will always be strange to me./QUOTE]
probably just too much work translating it, and visual novels in the west weren't really a thing even as niche interest back then.

But nowadays....release those Switch remakes here, Nintendo!

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
The thing with Monolith Soft is, they have multiple teams working on multiple projects at the same time. According to the most recent interview, since 2018 after Torna finished development, they had 3 different teams: one focusing on Xenoblade DE, one focusing on their next game and one working on both simultaneously. And that's just for their own in-house games. They probably have dozens of developers working on BOTW 2 (they had around 50 working on the first one) and there's also their studio in Kyoto focused on providing general assistance to Nintendo titles, such as Animal Crossing.
Yeah, that's what most studios their size usually do. The numbers in my post were the total amount of employees working in the company, so naturally it wasn't all of these people working on Xenoblade DE. Might not be the most recent data, either.

It's hard to know the exact number of people in each team or how many were being outsourced for Nintendo, but if they really have around 250 people divided along 3 teams, that would hypothetically give us an average of... about 83 people per team. Twice as many as one would estimate for Camelot, but then again Monolith makes way bigger games.

So suddenly a 40-something strong team doesn't sound that crazy depending on the scope you give to a GS remake. Is it easy to do? Nope. Is it gonna be FFVIIR levels of insanity? No way. But I think it can be done if Nintendo sees fit to give Camelot a decent budget for it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Golden Sun is a risky venture. People always act like it's such a mystery why Nintendo doesn't bring back certain series when there's obviously fan demand, but it's pretty easy to see.

Even if every person online who promised to buy a Golden Sun remake on day 1 came through, that's still not enough for a successful game. You needs to get casuals intrested too, and that's the hard part. How do you make Golden Sun stand out among other RPGs?
Well, let's see....
  1. Isaac in Smash. It worked for Fire Emblem, it worked for Kid Icarus, it worked for Xenoblade, it worked for Dragon Quest, and now it looks to be working for ARMS. Smash is the biggest and best advertisement in all of gaming, and Isaac joining the roster would be a great way to drum up attention.
  2. A Dragalia Lost banner. As a mobile game, Dragalia appeals to more casual audiences. By putting Isaac and co. in there, the casual audience could be drawn in, especially if the event emphasizes they're from Golden Sun, now on Nintendo Switch™.
  3. A strong marketing campaign. The reason games like Klonoa and formerly Fire Emblem are overlooked is because nobody knew about them. By pushing the series through social media, TV ads and aforementioned crossovers, people we see it and get hooked.
  4. Have MonoSoft or another big company pitch in, and advertise it as "Made by the team behind (insert popular game here)," which will draw in fans from those fanbases.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yeah, speaking of Famicom Detective Club and going with a similar series:

Carmen Sandiego gets tossed around a lot, but how the hell would she play? :confused:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh yeah, speaking of Famicom Detective Club and going with a similar series:

Carmen Sandiego gets tossed around a lot, but how the hell would she play? :confused:
KatKit KatKit wrote up this hypothetical move set last year:
Carmen Sandiego can steal items by simply walking pass other characters. Additionally, there's a 1/8 chance that she swipes items by hitting you. In fact, Carmen is such a good thief, she can even steal things like charged/stored projectiles (like Samus' charge shot, for example), buffs/status effects (Deep Breathing buffs, Monado arts, etc.), and take pocketed items away from Villager/Isabelle. Carmen can activate what she steals by pressing the neutral B button.

Down Special - The Babble On Ray (based off of the Babble on Machine from Word Detective). To teach players the importance of language, Carmen Sandiego steals their abilities to speak coherently by zapping them with her latest invention. It prevents characters from using any special moves for up to 15 seconds, or until they hit Carmen. Fortunately, Carmen likes a challenge, so the move can only be used up to 6 times per stock. Hopefully, keeping track of all of this will improve your math skills! Additionally, all sounds the opponent character makes while affected is distorted gibberish.

Side Special - Grappling hook. If tilted, Carmen drags opponents to her (Scorpion style). However, if the button is pressed like a Smash attack, after grappling the opponent, Carmen follows up with a kick attack to the face (they never protect the face). The smash version has a chance to steal whatever item the player is carrying once Carmen kicks them away. The grappling hook also doubles as a tether recovery.

Up Special - Paraglider. Press up B once to make Carmen dramatically leap in the air. Surprise! Press B again for Carmen to whip out her paraglider for a stylish escape like:

Final Smash - Where in Time/Where in the World? The capture robot appears on screen, but Carmen dodges it and vanishes. Cue brief cinematic cutscene with an ACME detective acquiring clues/looking at a map of the world trying to pinpoint Carmen. End cutscene. Carmen returns and drops a random historical landmark (Pyramid/Statue of Liberty/Eiffel Tower/etc.) or even stage hazards from other levels that deals massive damage.

Jumping animation:

Taunt: She's gotta have the signature hat tilt:

Another taunt can involve looking directly at the screen (you) and saying, "Try to catch me, player."

Her tilt attacks can be hand-to-hand combat. She has a lot of fight scenes to work with. I think her dodging a mouse cursor (like Duck Hunt dodges the zapper) for a couple of Smash attacks would be cool, too. She also has a boatload of vehicles, gadgets, and lackeys at her disposal, if they want to incorporate any of that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
KatKit KatKit wrote up this hypothetical move set last year:
Carmen Sandiego can steal items by simply walking pass other characters. Additionally, there's a 1/8 chance that she swipes items by hitting you. In fact, Carmen is such a good thief, she can even steal things like charged/stored projectiles (like Samus' charge shot, for example), buffs/status effects (Deep Breathing buffs, Monado arts, etc.), and take pocketed items away from Villager/Isabelle. Carmen can activate what she steals by pressing the neutral B button.

Down Special - The Babble On Ray (based off of the Babble on Machine from Word Detective). To teach players the importance of language, Carmen Sandiego steals their abilities to speak coherently by zapping them with her latest invention. It prevents characters from using any special moves for up to 15 seconds, or until they hit Carmen. Fortunately, Carmen likes a challenge, so the move can only be used up to 6 times per stock. Hopefully, keeping track of all of this will improve your math skills! Additionally, all sounds the opponent character makes while affected is distorted gibberish.

Side Special - Grappling hook. If tilted, Carmen drags opponents to her (Scorpion style). However, if the button is pressed like a Smash attack, after grappling the opponent, Carmen follows up with a kick attack to the face (they never protect the face). The smash version has a chance to steal whatever item the player is carrying once Carmen kicks them away. The grappling hook also doubles as a tether recovery.

Up Special - Paraglider. Press up B once to make Carmen dramatically leap in the air. Surprise! Press B again for Carmen to whip out her paraglider for a stylish escape like:

Final Smash - Where in Time/Where in the World? The capture robot appears on screen, but Carmen dodges it and vanishes. Cue brief cinematic cutscene with an ACME detective acquiring clues/looking at a map of the world trying to pinpoint Carmen. End cutscene. Carmen returns and drops a random historical landmark (Pyramid/Statue of Liberty/Eiffel Tower/etc.) or even stage hazards from other levels that deals massive damage.

Jumping animation:

Taunt: She's gotta have the signature hat tilt:

Another taunt can involve looking directly at the screen (you) and saying, "Try to catch me, player."

Her tilt attacks can be hand-to-hand combat. She has a lot of fight scenes to work with. I think her dodging a mouse cursor (like Duck Hunt dodges the zapper) for a couple of Smash attacks would be cool, too. She also has a boatload of vehicles, gadgets, and lackeys at her disposal, if they want to incorporate any of that.
why she got the villager's pocket but better in every way

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Well, let's see....
  1. Isaac in Smash. It worked for Fire Emblem, it worked for Kid Icarus, it worked for Xenoblade, it worked for Dragon Quest, and now it looks to be working for ARMS. Smash is the biggest and best advertisement in all of gaming, and Isaac joining the roster would be a great way to drum up attention.
...did it work for any of those series?

Smash helped FE become more well known, but the series was quite literally on death's door until Awakening saved it. Kid Icarus Uprising was just a happenstance one and done deal so again, I don't think Smash did much for that IP. And for Dragon Quest....from my understanding, DQ11 on Switch downright bombed in the west.

People vastly overestimate how much Smash helps out series. Look no further than

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Smash helped FE become more well known, but the series was quite literally on death's door until Awakening saved it. Kid Icarus Uprising was just a happenstance one and done deal so again, I don't think Smash did much for that IP. And for Dragon Quest....from my understanding, DQ11 on Switch downright bombed in the west.

People vastly overestimate how much Smash helps out series. Look no further than

don't worry, our time will come

it has to...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Fire Emblem had sort of already saved itself before Smash 4. Robin and Lucina might've been what helped Fates, but we have no real way of proving that I suppose.

Nintendo might've been able to capitalize on KI after Smash 4, but they never did. I guess Uprising's sales weren't enough for them to bother finding a replacement after Sakurai decided to move on.

I guess it depends in what your definition of "bombing" is, but yes, Hero didn't seem to do much for DQXI in NA and EU. About 80% of its sales come from Japan.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
If you were Sakurai, and your mission was to make FP2 be a pass that adds popular and/or longstanding fighter requests amongst the fanbase, and the pass is an even 3-3 split, what two other first-party characters do you include alongside Min Min that has a similar if not broader mass appeal? Only stipulation is no characters that are already ATs (so no obvious Waluigi/Isaac picks), but anybody else, spirit or not, is fair game.
Captain Toad/Toadette and King Hippo.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Not enough for it to get a new game, though....

I.D.

Smash Lord
Found this image and made me realize it's starting to look likely that none of the third party mii costumes from the previous game will be upgraded after all

1593022837156.jpg

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And for Dragon Quest....from my understanding, DQ11 on Switch downright bombed in the west.
I dunno about that one chief.

We don't have exact sales numbers, but the DQ developers seem pretty pleased with the sales in the west.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If you were Sakurai, and your mission was to make FP2 be a pass that adds popular and/or longstanding fighter requests amongst the fanbase, and the pass is an even 3-3 split, what two other first-party characters do you include alongside Min Min that has a similar if not broader mass appeal? Only stipulation is no characters that are already ATs (so no obvious Waluigi/Isaac picks), but anybody else, spirit or not, is fair game.
Dixie Kong and Elma/Rex.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
this is gonna be a pain to write out on mobile

So I thought about all the 7 related stuff that could imply we'd know the next DLC fighter soon, and that sorta led me to thinking about a scenario that would probably break a lot of people mentally (both good and bad ways).

For context and as a reminder, this idea goes like this. We know the next fighter:
  • is the seventh Challenger Pack for the game so far
  • will officially be designated as Fighter No. 77 (Min Min was No. 76)
This kinda makes it fitting in the event this character is announced on 7/7 (July 7), to a degree. Obviously, this coincidence doesn't objectively mean much if we looked at historical trends, but for the sake of this idea, let's say this picks up steam among speculators. (For brownie points, July 7 falls on a Tuesday this year, which wouldn't be too out of place for Nintendo to release news.)

Imagine if Nintendo announces something to expect for Smash specifically on that date, and leaks from insiders start popping up. One such leak from a person with high amounts of credibility doesn't drop the identity of this fighter, but does say that not only was this fighter and release planned specifically for that date because of their connection to the number 7, but it would be:
  • a Square Enix character
  • one generally considered to be well-known and popular
  • has been requested to join Smash for some time now
  • (and this is the kicker) will shine and burn brightly like the star that he is
Needless to say, this man's chances shoot up:

1593043081697.png

After all, he fits the hints for reasons clear to almost anyone who's followed Smash speculation, so it seems like he's a shoe horn in, yeah?

Then the reveal drops and instead of that guy, it's this one, along with the sobering realization that he too also fits the hints:

1593042854028.png

• is the main antagonist of Final Fantasy 7, owned by Square Enix
  • is still popular enough among most fans who want him in Smash or acknowledged enough to be popular even by those who don't
  • "burning like a star" - his Supernova Limit Break has him involves a sun, which is a star
to add insult to injury, Geno's Mii costume is likely going to return in this scenario since it's a Square Enix rep

Disclaimer: Tis but a joke, ladies and gentlemen. I mean no ill will against any character choices.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

To touch on Xenoblade here...
People had to beg for the original release to get localised and it got a staggered launch super late in the Wii's life. To top it all off it was Gamestop exclusive in NA.
All the releases after Shulk was added to Smash are:
- A New 3ds exclusive port so the base was super limited to those willing to pay for an upgraded 3ds despite little incentive. The reveal for this was also not done well either, for Japan it was in the same direct Shulk was revealed in, for everyone else it was just a random drop with no fanfare.
- A Wii U VC release so it's also limited in that it's a digital Wii U release.
- Xenoblade X had a staggered release of April 2015 in Japan and late 2015 for the rest of the world. Being a Wii U release towards the end of its life hurt it.
- Xenoblade 2 was a major title for the Switch's first year and got advertised highly as such. It helps that the Switch was a quick success.

Any sort of influence from Smash is hard to see because Xenoblade releases until 2 were in really weird situations that did it no favours. It speaks more to ease of access honestly.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice

Xenoblade went from a game Nintendo of America was adamantly against releasing to having a port of that same game being a big hyped-up release across multiple Nintendo Directs. I'd say that's progress.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem had sort of already saved itself before Smash 4. Robin and Lucina might've been what helped Fates, but we have no real way of proving that I suppose.

Nintendo might've been able to capitalize on KI after Smash 4, but they never did. I guess Uprising's sales weren't enough for them to bother finding a replacement after Sakurai decided to move on.

I guess it depends in what your definition of "bombing" is, but yes, Hero didn't seem to do much for DQXI in NA and EU. About 80% of its sales come from Japan.
What I was saying is that they were brought back to the public conscious. The only reason Fire Emblem came to the West was Marth and Roy in Smash, and without that I doubt it could get as big as it is now. Kid Icarus didn't quite become a major seller, but it at least sold over a million, which is quite a fair bit all things considered. Even if DQ's sales were mostly concentrated in Japan, we shouldn't rule out any successes just because it's not from the West.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To touch on Xenoblade here...
People had to beg for the original release to get localised and it got a staggered launch super late in the Wii's life. To top it all off it was Gamestop exclusive in NA.
All the releases after Shulk was added to Smash are:
- A New 3ds exclusive port so the base was super limited to those willing to pay for an upgraded 3ds despite little incentive. The reveal for this was also not done well either, for Japan it was in the same direct Shulk was revealed in, for everyone else it was just a random drop with no fanfare.
- A Wii U VC release so it's also limited in that it's a digital Wii U release.
- Xenoblade X had a staggered release of April 2015 in Japan and late 2015 for the rest of the world. Being a Wii U release towards the end of its life hurt it.
- Xenoblade 2 was a major title for the Switch's first year and got advertised highly as such. It helps that the Switch was a quick success.

Any sort of influence from Smash is hard to see because Xenoblade releases until 2 were in really weird situations that did it no favours. It speaks more to ease of access honestly.
It is worth noting that the Xenoblade developers said Shulk being in Smash helped the franchise immensely.

Droodle

Smash Lord
this is gonna be a pain to write out on mobile

So I thought about all the 7 related stuff that could imply we'd know the next DLC fighter soon, and that sorta led me to thinking about a scenario that would probably break a lot of people mentally (both good and bad ways).

For context and as a reminder, this idea goes like this. We know the next fighter:
  • is the seventh Challenger Pack for the game so far
  • will officially be designated as Fighter No. 77 (Min Min was No. 76)
This kinda makes it fitting in the event this character is announced on 7/7 (July 7), to a degree. Obviously, this coincidence doesn't objectively mean much if we looked at historical trends, but for the sake of this idea, let's say this picks up steam among speculators. (For brownie points, July 7 falls on a Tuesday this year, which wouldn't be too out of place for Nintendo to release news.)

Imagine if Nintendo announces something to expect for Smash specifically on that date, and leaks from insiders start popping up. One such leak from a person with high amounts of credibility doesn't drop the identity of this fighter, but does say that not only was this fighter and release planned specifically for that date because of their connection to the number 7, but it would be:
  • a Square Enix character
  • one generally considered to be well-known and popular
  • has been requested to join Smash for some time now
  • (and this is the kicker) will shine and burn brightly like the star that he is
Needless to say, this man's chances shoot up:

After all, he fits the hints for reasons clear to almost anyone who's followed Smash speculation, so it seems like he's a shoe horn in, yeah?

Then the reveal drops and instead of that guy, it's this one, along with the sobering realization that he too also fits the hints:

View attachment 276157

• is the main antagonist of Final Fantasy 7, owned by Square Enix
  • is still popular enough among most fans who want him in Smash or acknowledged enough to be popular even by those who don't
  • "burning like a star" - his Supernova Limit Break has him involves a sun, which is a star
to add insult to injury, Geno's Mii costume is likely going to return in this scenario since it's a Square Enix rep

Disclaimer: Tis but a joke, ladies and gentlemen. I mean no ill will against any character choices.
The thing is that I can't see us getting even more Smash News this soon; especially a character reveal. Sure, technically ARMS was revealed back in March; but it just truly got revealed this week, it comes out next week, that'll honestly satisfy a large portion of the fanbase for a bit. Besides while I personally wouldn't mind more Smash news, it seems like for all of this month Nintendo has practically focused on just Smash/Pokemon/Paper Mario and while all these series are super popular, there are a ton of people out there who want some other news, especially in regards to unannounced games.

On top of that, unless we end up getting a full blown Nintendo direct; I can't really see us getting just a trailer for 7 out of nowhere. I doubt there's a full blown presentation prepared, or that 7 is releasing soon which would mean at most it would be like a 5 minute trailer for whoever 7 ends up being just to complete the reference.

I can't really see us getting anything related to Smash until late next month at the earliest, but its more likely that it is coming in August/September. That said, I can see us getting Nintendo info on the 7th; just not Smash.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Didn't Nintendo say that there wouldn't be any directs in the foreseeable future? Also, Nintendo has shown time and time again that patterns really don't mean alot in terms of releases. If they did they most likely would've revealed Min Min during ARMS's anniversary.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
Didn't Nintendo say that there wouldn't be any directs in the foreseeable future? Also, Nintendo has shown time and time again that patterns really don't mean alot in terms of releases. If they did they most likely would've revealed Min Min during ARMS's anniversary.
If I recall that was just insider talk, but given the circumstances it's a realistic thought.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It is worth noting that the Xenoblade developers said Shulk being in Smash helped the franchise immensely.
Yeah, I just don't think it's all too apparent given the aforementioned circumstances.
Like I don't doubt a good part of XC2's success is down to Smash. It's just that it was also the most accessible release in terms of availability at that point.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
^
Minus Little Mac's reveal, anniversaries mean nothing. We all thought the ARMS character would be another exception-The dates just lined up a little too well to be passed up on... Except they passed up on it anyways. Dates aren't quite at Chair Theory levels of reaching, but the only dates that matter are the ones explicitly mentioned for Directs or Smash itself. Anything else is irrelevant.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, Snake was revealed for Ultimate in the same day MGS4 came out 10 years prior.
But so was literally every other veteran. That was just a coincidence that it happened to be on the same day.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm loving this sudden discussion about Golden Sun & other dormant first parties, hope it'll last.

You give me that roster, I'll get a tattoo of your preferred Cortez gif.
>Mario Kart 8 deluxe and Super Mario Party are both some of the best selling Switch titles.
>>Waluigi is featured in both of them
>>>Nintendo may be putting more focus on Switch Titles.
View attachment 276146
I don't know if the movie the screencap's from is deliberate, but if it is I don't like what you're implying.
smdh all this talk of dead nintendo franchise revivals and not a SINGLE mention of sin & punishment
Real talk, when even Panzer Dragoon and Pokemon Snap back, we need the on-rails shooter to make a big comeback like the beat-em-up did. Another Sin & Punishment with modern graphics (and old school difficulty, natch) would be dope.

Shroob

Sup?
I still lowkey think a Gen 8 Pokemon is EXTREMELY likely for the pass.

Between ARMs and now 3 Houses, Smash has 2 games that missed the boat for Ultimate's base roster, and despite Pokemon already being heavily represented, I just can't not see it get in at this point, it's Pokemon, the biggest multi-media franchise in the world.

I'm not going to say it's a lock, because outside of genuinely leaked, more-or-less confirmed information, nothing is a 'lock' when it comes to Smash, but I'd be shocked if we didn't get it.

My only question is, who would it be?

Cinderace, who'd be picked because "It's the starter we're going to use for the anime that all the kids will recognize"?

Kubfuu/Urshifu, because "We want to promote the DLC"

or Toxtricity, the "Fans like it and we snuck it into ****ing USUM and no one realized until years later."

1593049865865.png

I may personally think Sword and Shield are bad Pokemon games, but I'm not going to let my own issues with the game cloud my personal judgement. At the very least, the music would be very nice.... and the stage would look better than Gen 8 as a whole.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think a lot of people are sleeping on Inteleon. He's not my personal choice for a Gen 8 Pokemon, but I do feel like he's been ignored without any real explanation.

At the very least, he's probably better-suited for Smash than the other two due to him having a lot more material to work with (shooting water from finger like a sniper, hidden knife in tail, cape-like membrane that allows him to glide). The Sobble line is also getting a decent push from Game Freak. It's not comparable to Scorbunny, but it's a lot better than Grookey.

There's also the popularity poll, which may or may not be taken into consideration if the Pokemon had already been chosen by the time the results came out. Still interesting to look at though.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Smash will in fact get a prominent Pokemon character in order to promote a very popular contemporary game...

...when Todd Snap debuts as a fighter in conjunction with New Pokemon Snap!

Use his apples as weapons, put fighters to sleep with the Pokeflute, run over foes with the ZERO-ONE, and show no mercy with the Pester Ball. In 2021, Todd Snaps the Competition in two!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom