• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Cosmic isn't too huge on 3rd parties, and doesn't want to just add characters willy-nilly for the sake of expanding the crossover. He's also into Pokemon and wants to see more crazy stuff from that series, hence why this conversation started in the first place.

For me, I got like 90% of the Nintendo characters I happen to like. So I'm all for branching out and potentially getting more cool game characters like Jin Kazama or Ryu Hayabusa. Or even expanding already represented third party franchises, presuming hell freezes over of course. I would totally pop-off if Mega Man X, Chun-Li or Knuckles got added to the game. Heck, even Zero would be cool. And while I'm not the biggest fan of his, I do still like him, just less so than most Mega Men.

Then again, both of us seem like to like the ARMS character, or the idea of one, so we can at least agree on that.
Honestly, I'm not too huge on third parties either, so I can get him on that. Which reminds me of the previous argument, both sides of the argument are understandable, and honestly mutual respect is needed for both sides ideals and beliefs, just like you and Cosmic.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, I'm not too huge on third parties either, so I can get him on that. Which reminds me of the previous argument, both sides of the argument are understandable, and honestly mutual respect is needed for both sides ideals and beliefs, just like you and Cosmic.
We've butted heads before tho, namely during when Terry was announced/released. I'm trying to be more chill than I was back then, and I think I normally do an alright job at that. But we've all got our moments.

But I'll admit multiple people annoyed me when Terry was revealed, cause while Terry wasn't a Top 5 request of mine, he was a character I liked quite a bit. So seeing people rag on him, instead of letting ****** be hyped, it got on my nerves. Especially since I try to look on the bright side for characters I don't even like, like with Joker or Byleth. So I was kind of hoping others could do the same. Some people were pretty chill tho. So you gotta take the good with the bad.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
A lot of people seem to have the idea that I dislike all third-parties, which isn't true.

There are quite a few third-parties I'd be extremely happy with, and I'd even be down with a second character for third-parties already on the roster, like Sonic or Mega Man.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
We've butted heads before tho, namely during when Terry was announced/released. I'm trying to be more chill than I was back then, and I think I normally do an alright job at that. But we've all got our moments.

But I'll admit multiple people annoyed me when Terry was revealed, cause while Terry wasn't a Top 5 request of mine, he was a character I liked quite a bit. So seeing people rag on him, instead of letting ****** be hyped, it got on my nerves. Especially since I try to look on the bright side for characters I don't even like, like with Joker or Byleth. So I was kind of hoping others could do the same. Some people were pretty chill tho. So you gotta take the good with the bad.
Maybe it's because I got most of my most-wanteds in this iteration of Smash and so have less investment in which characters would get in over others at this point, but I kind of wish more people would try keeping an open mind when it comes to newcomers. I only knew two out of the five characters in the first pass, and my attitude towards them after Sakurai showed them off and explained who they were went from:
1592521128282.png
to:

Really my only disappointment was with Byleth capping off the pass, but I at least played his game first before deciding I despised him.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
hello everyone today i would like to talk about my favorite humanlike pokemon

View attachment 275209

his name is stonjourner and he has arms and legs which mean he is a humanoid

do you guys think he has a chance please be honest with me
I think this is a wonderful thing. You are expressing how much you want this character and I think it's great that we can live in harmony like this. I have no qualms about it at all. N-none at all.

Oh that was nothing, look! The sunset is beautiful outside, why don't we take a look at it? Don't worry, I'll be right behind you.
*Pulls back the hammer on a customised gatekeeping pistol*
Time to delete this stage small.png

I'm sorry it had to come to this but I consider you a threat now. If any character that I don't want has a slither of a chance of joining smash bros, then they'll steal a character slot from my most wanted. I've always wanted Girl from Hajimari no Mori to finally get her chance to join Smash Bros and I'm not gonna let you and your meddlesome Stonjourner take that away from me! I can't wait till next game! I DON'T WANNA! If I dispose of your character quietly, no one will rally and support your character anymore, I'll just say I had to send Stonjourner to a different country because someone was hunting it down and I can still keep my reputation! AHA! HAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!

*Accidentally drops gun off the cliff*

No! NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Which old school PS character would you like to see get in first: Crash or Lara Croft?
Crash Bandicoot. I'm not really too crazy about Lara Croft.

Here, have my current Fighter Pass Vol. 2 Prediction. I swear I change this every couple weeks, lol.
This is a pretty good Fighters pass. Crash, Geno, Dante, Master Chief are all good picks. I'd prefer Jin Kazma over Heihachi but oh well.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How do you guys think the ARMS character will ultimately be received?

I mean, this wait isn't helping at all.

But will the reaction be more positive or more negative?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Depends on the character.

Spring Man I can see being mixed.

Someone like Minmin I expect being positive.

CureParfait

Smash Ace

Depends on the character if it is Min Min or Twintelle I see the reactions being more positive while Spring Man will be mixed.

SKX31

Smash Master

Depends heavily on the moveset and how good (s)he's percieved to be. The "Ban Hero" furor was not just due to the RNG mechanics in place, but also because of the language barrier thing (which IMHO needs to be fixed ASAP, especially since DQ has icons in their games). Terry did get some attention due to his moveset and supers. On the other hand: B-K didn't get as much attention beyond the first few weeks, but that's partly due to the duo being sandwiched between Hero and Terry (as well as Sans).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Regardless of who it is, I have a feeling the moveset will be enough to convince people that the character is a cool addition.

A few people might be bummed out that their favorite ARMS character didn't get in, but I think that'll go away after a few days.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Min Min/Twintelle/Dr. Coyle - HYPE

Ninjara/Ribbon Girl/Max Brass - Mostly positive

Spring Man - mixed

Spring Man WITH a Hero situation - ACTUAL WARZONE

Someone totally out of left field like Byte & Barq, Kid Cobra or Master Mummy - mass confusion

Lola Pop - DeviantArt jokes

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Lukewarm at best sadly.
Either people will just be "yeah, nice"
Or will be "Oh, finally it's over."

Everyone will mostly turn the page, unlike let's say Joker/Banjo/Hero/Terry who got talks in the long run/Months after their releases, since the discussion over the ARMS character got burned waiting for it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I honestly gotta wonder.

Why do people think Spring Man in particular is unpopular?

Isn't he one of the more popular characters in the ARMS community?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I honestly gotta wonder.

may be chalked down to aesthetics

sure, he's got a great personality, but he's pretty bland aesthetics wise. someone like Twintelle, Min Min or even Lola Pop has more, well, pop to them aesthetically

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I honestly gotta wonder.

In general? His design is great, and he's cool, he ooze with personality when you just check all of the art the ARMS team did and where he appears.
But sadly, I think it resolve and boils down to the smash community having something against "Poster boy" or "Protagonists" in general, since they can easily be guessed.
Add to that ARMS cast having great designs, and people laching down to Min-Min or Twintelle whenever it's because they're badass Woman, or for some "Waifu" bait or for some both and you have a recipe to people wanting everything but the obvious choice.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Home, so here was my Cynthia set. I had this in her thread on the forum as well

While Cynthia and Pokemon trainer use pokemon, they couldn’t be more different. While Pokemon trainer is about managing 3 different fighting styles and has his pokemon do all the fighting, Cynthia instead fights herself, using her pokemon as summons in a sense. While she has a 2 attacks that don’t use a pokemon, the majority of her attacks have the pokemon pop out of their pokeball to assist their master. She may ride, stand alongside, or do an attack with her pokemon. If she holds guard while in an attack that uses a pokemon, she will return to a neutral state, while the pokemon finished up its attack. She can move, jump, and attack while that other pokemon is on the stage, but she will not be able to use any attacks that require the pokemon already attacking, and the further Cynthia is away from the pokemon, the longer it takes to be called back, making it risky to stay too far from her pokemon. The most amount of Pokemon she can have out on the stage at once is 3.

The 6 pokemon Cynthia uses are Milotic, Garchomp, Glaceon, Roserade, Togekiss, and Spiritomb. Her attacks are all moves they can use in game. If the pokemon are attacked, Cythina still takes damage, but she doesn’t flinch from it. Garchomp and Spiritomb can take 3 hits before their attacks are canceled and they return to the ball, Togekiss and Milotic can take 2, and Roserade and Glaceon can take 1.

Some of Cynthia’s moves are activated for a long time, so learning her cancel ability and mastering how to use multiple pokemon attacks at the same time is key to mastering her.

Her full moveset is below. I tried to use all 6 pokemon as equally as possible.

Normal Combo: two slaps from Cynthia, then a third hit from Milotic. Cynthia slaps the foe, then back hands them, then she spins away, snapping her fingers as Milotic appears coiled around Cynthina and does a slight tail slap (2%, 3%, 5%)

Forward A: Glaceon uses Ice Fang, which has her leap forward with an very short range icy bite. May freeze foe if their damage is high.(7%)

Down A: Spiritomb uses shadow Sneak, damaging anyone with its shadow right in front on it. (4%)

Up A: Togekiss Uses Uproar, crying out and knock anyone really close up that where next to her, and anyone above her, into the air.(6%)

Dash A: Cynthia rides on Garchomp as it uses Dragon rush. It travels pretty far, but stops if she reaches a ledge. (11%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Cynthia holds Roserade as she uses Petal Storm, surrounding Cynthia with multi-hitting petals. (2% per petal hit, max 10 hits)

Forward A: Glaceon Icy wind, which has Cynthia hold Glaceon as it blows a cold blast of wind short range in front of them. Hit’s 3 times and may very breifly freeze the foe if they have high damage.(4% per hit)

Up A: Togekiss uses Air Slash, making wind slash above Cynthia and itself. (9%)

Back A: Garchomp attacks behind with Duel chop, which has him slashing with his fins twice. Foe will get hit by both if hit by the first. (7%, 8%, total 15%)

Down A: Cynthia brings out Spiritomb, and holds on to it as it falls VERY fast to the ground, and the same speed as Kirby’s rock in the air. Canceling has Cynthia stop falling fast, but Spiritomb keeps going till it hits the ground. (15%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Garchomp uses Giga Impact. It charges in place, then Body slams the foe for massive damage. (19%-26%)

Down Smash Miltoic uses whirlpool, while actis simularly to Melee Peaches down smash, multiple hits around Cynthia via spinning water then launches them away (14%-20%)

Up Smash: Roserade Uses Energy ball, which has her form a ball of sun energy, above her, trapping people and doing damage, then it blows up, sending people in the air. It’s very similar to Mewtwo’s Up Smash in Melee, but has a larger hitbox. (1-3% x 7 attacks, explosion 8-13%)

Grab/Throws:

Cythnia uses Spiritomb of psychicly grab close to slightly mid rang enemies, and pulls them to her.

Pummel: Glaceon appears on Cythnia’s shoulder and fires Ice Shards at the held foe(1%)

Forward throw: Garhomp appears and does Dragon Claw, sending it flying away(13%)

Backward Throw: Milotic appears from in frontof the foe and does aqua tail, knocking the foe behind Cynthia (14%)

Upward Throw: Togekiss uses Twister, trapping the foe in a twister and launching them into the air.(11%)

Downward Throw: Roseade uses Grass knot to tie them up, then punches them with poison jab, knocking them away(12%)

Special Moves and Final Smash:

Standard B: Destiny Bond. Spiritomb appears in front of Cynthia and glows for a moment. If any attack hits it, The foe glows, Spiritomb returns to it’s pokeball, and the foe is bonded to Cynthia for 10 seconds. Any damage Cynthia takes during that time, the foe will also receive. If Destiny bond misses, Spiritomb sits on the ground for a few moments before returning, locking Cynthia out of a few attacks like her grabs and Down Aerial.

Side B: Surf. Milotic appears coiled around Cynthia, and cries out, making a small wave of water flow out in front of Cynthia. It goes the same distance as Ice climbers ice block, but anyone hit by it takes damage and is knocked away. (10%)

Up B: Sky Attack. Cynthia jumps onto Togekiss, who flies up about the vertical distance Sonic's Up B goes while glowing. At the peak, Cynthia leaps off and Togekiss zooms down in the direction you at pointing the analog stick, causing damage and going through anyone in it’s path till Togekiss hits a floor, wall, or goes OB. Hitting a floor or wall causing a small blast of energy. When Cynthia leaps off she is free to attack right away. If Togekiss returns before Cynthia hits the ground, she can use this move again. (18% damage if hit by Togekiss, 14% damage if only hit by the energy blast. 25% if a Direct hit on a ground orl wall.

Down B: Hail. Glaceon appears where Cynthia is standing, and cries out. High above Glaceon (thunder level) a icy cloud appears and makes it start to Hail around Glaceon. Glaceon vanishes 1 second after starting the attack, and Cynthia can move around and attack with any move that doesn’t use Glaceon during this attack(during that 1 second glaceon is out). 10 pieces of hall fall per second, and does little damage and stun in each hit. If a foe is caught in the attack, they will get hit the will slowly be pushed out, only someone trapped in a corner and under the effect of a supper mushroom will be hit by every attack. You cannot use this move again till the current hail finishes.(1 % damage per hit)

Final Smash: Roserade uses Sleep Powder in a large bubble around Cynthia(about ½ the size of Luigi’s moon). Id it hits it transitions to a cut scene where they are suddenly at Cynthias champion roon, She calls out all her pokemon at once who combo attack the plays and it ends with Mega Garchomp Outraging everyone away

I think this would be a super unique take on a pokemon trainer, and showcase a bunch of different pokemon as well.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I'd say mostly negative regardless of who we get because Smash fans be Smash fans. But how hyped up the rest will be will depend on the character.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Home, so here was my Cynthia set. I had this in her thread on the forum as well

While Cynthia and Pokemon trainer use pokemon, they couldn’t be more different. While Pokemon trainer is about managing 3 different fighting styles and has his pokemon do all the fighting, Cynthia instead fights herself, using her pokemon as summons in a sense. While she has a 2 attacks that don’t use a pokemon, the majority of her attacks have the pokemon pop out of their pokeball to assist their master. She may ride, stand alongside, or do an attack with her pokemon. If she holds guard while in an attack that uses a pokemon, she will return to a neutral state, while the pokemon finished up its attack. She can move, jump, and attack while that other pokemon is on the stage, but she will not be able to use any attacks that require the pokemon already attacking, and the further Cynthia is away from the pokemon, the longer it takes to be called back, making it risky to stay too far from her pokemon. The most amount of Pokemon she can have out on the stage at once is 3.

The 6 pokemon Cynthia uses are Milotic, Garchomp, Glaceon, Roserade, Togekiss, and Spiritomb. Her attacks are all moves they can use in game. If the pokemon are attacked, Cythina still takes damage, but she doesn’t flinch from it. Garchomp and Spiritomb can take 3 hits before their attacks are canceled and they return to the ball, Togekiss and Milotic can take 2, and Roserade and Glaceon can take 1.

Some of Cynthia’s moves are activated for a long time, so learning her cancel ability and mastering how to use multiple pokemon attacks at the same time is key to mastering her.

Her full moveset is below. I tried to use all 6 pokemon as equally as possible.

Normal Combo: two slaps from Cynthia, then a third hit from Milotic. Cynthia slaps the foe, then back hands them, then she spins away, snapping her fingers as Milotic appears coiled around Cynthina and does a slight tail slap (2%, 3%, 5%)

Forward A: Glaceon uses Ice Fang, which has her leap forward with an very short range icy bite. May freeze foe if their damage is high.(7%)

Down A: Spiritomb uses shadow Sneak, damaging anyone with its shadow right in front on it. (4%)

Up A: Togekiss Uses Uproar, crying out and knock anyone really close up that where next to her, and anyone above her, into the air.(6%)

Dash A: Cynthia rides on Garchomp as it uses Dragon rush. It travels pretty far, but stops if she reaches a ledge. (11%)

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral A: Cynthia holds Roserade as she uses Petal Storm, surrounding Cynthia with multi-hitting petals. (2% per petal hit, max 10 hits)

Forward A: Glaceon Icy wind, which has Cynthia hold Glaceon as it blows a cold blast of wind short range in front of them. Hit’s 3 times and may very breifly freeze the foe if they have high damage.(4% per hit)

Up A: Togekiss uses Air Slash, making wind slash above Cynthia and itself. (9%)

Back A: Garchomp attacks behind with Duel chop, which has him slashing with his fins twice. Foe will get hit by both if hit by the first. (7%, 8%, total 15%)

Down A: Cynthia brings out Spiritomb, and holds on to it as it falls VERY fast to the ground, and the same speed as Kirby’s rock in the air. Canceling has Cynthia stop falling fast, but Spiritomb keeps going till it hits the ground. (15%)

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Garchomp uses Giga Impact. It charges in place, then Body slams the foe for massive damage. (19%-26%)

Down Smash Miltoic uses whirlpool, while actis simularly to Melee Peaches down smash, multiple hits around Cynthia via spinning water then launches them away (14%-20%)

Up Smash: Roserade Uses Energy ball, which has her form a ball of sun energy, above her, trapping people and doing damage, then it blows up, sending people in the air. It’s very similar to Mewtwo’s Up Smash in Melee, but has a larger hitbox. (1-3% x 7 attacks, explosion 8-13%)

Grab/Throws:

Cythnia uses Spiritomb of psychicly grab close to slightly mid rang enemies, and pulls them to her.

Pummel: Glaceon appears on Cythnia’s shoulder and fires Ice Shards at the held foe(1%)

Forward throw: Garhomp appears and does Dragon Claw, sending it flying away(13%)

Backward Throw: Milotic appears from in frontof the foe and does aqua tail, knocking the foe behind Cynthia (14%)

Upward Throw: Togekiss uses Twister, trapping the foe in a twister and launching them into the air.(11%)

Downward Throw: Roseade uses Grass knot to tie them up, then punches them with poison jab, knocking them away(12%)

Special Moves and Final Smash:

Standard B: Destiny Bond. Spiritomb appears in front of Cynthia and glows for a moment. If any attack hits it, The foe glows, Spiritomb returns to it’s pokeball, and the foe is bonded to Cynthia for 10 seconds. Any damage Cynthia takes during that time, the foe will also receive. If Destiny bond misses, Spiritomb sits on the ground for a few moments before returning, locking Cynthia out of a few attacks like her grabs and Down Aerial.

Side B: Surf. Milotic appears coiled around Cynthia, and cries out, making a small wave of water flow out in front of Cynthia. It goes the same distance as Ice climbers ice block, but anyone hit by it takes damage and is knocked away. (10%)

Up B: Sky Attack. Cynthia jumps onto Togekiss, who flies up about the vertical distance Sonic's Up B goes while glowing. At the peak, Cynthia leaps off and Togekiss zooms down in the direction you at pointing the analog stick, causing damage and going through anyone in it’s path till Togekiss hits a floor, wall, or goes OB. Hitting a floor or wall causing a small blast of energy. When Cynthia leaps off she is free to attack right away. If Togekiss returns before Cynthia hits the ground, she can use this move again. (18% damage if hit by Togekiss, 14% damage if only hit by the energy blast. 25% if a Direct hit on a ground orl wall.

Down B: Hail. Glaceon appears where Cynthia is standing, and cries out. High above Glaceon (thunder level) a icy cloud appears and makes it start to Hail around Glaceon. Glaceon vanishes 1 second after starting the attack, and Cynthia can move around and attack with any move that doesn’t use Glaceon during this attack(during that 1 second glaceon is out). 10 pieces of hall fall per second, and does little damage and stun in each hit. If a foe is caught in the attack, they will get hit the will slowly be pushed out, only someone trapped in a corner and under the effect of a supper mushroom will be hit by every attack. You cannot use this move again till the current hail finishes.(1 % damage per hit)

Final Smash: Roserade uses Sleep Powder in a large bubble around Cynthia(about ½ the size of Luigi’s moon). Id it hits it transitions to a cut scene where they are suddenly at Cynthias champion roon, She calls out all her pokemon at once who combo attack the plays and it ends with Mega Garchomp Outraging everyone away

I think this would be a super unique take on a pokemon trainer, and showcase a bunch of different pokemon as well.
I mean as a big fan of the character I would definitely freak out if Cynthia was added as a playable character. Though I highly doubt it will happen.

Very interesting concept for a moveset however. Sort of works under the summoner archetype which we don't really have. Apart from PKMN Trainer though it's moreso just a transformation character since we are directly controlling the pokemon and not the trainer.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I honestly gotta wonder.

I honestly think it's "primary protagonist is boring" syndrome, where people assume that a main character is inherently less interesting than other important characters.

It happened with Hero and Slime, Terry and Nakoruru, and Byleth and Edelgard, now it's happening with Spring Man and Min Min. If Spring Man gets in, the same thing will happen in the previous three examples where this take mostly dies overnight. If Min Min gets in, I'm expecting the same thing to happen when Chrom was deconfirmed last game: a lot of confirmation bias about how Spring Man's an objectively boring character and Min Min's going to be the protagonist of ARMS 2 and how Sakurai saved ARMS.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil

I'm expecting a semi-negative reception if FP7 isn't announced/hinted at once the ARMS character showcase is over. Mainly because of all this waiting. The community knows what game FP6 is coming from, so for the people that already don't care "because ARMS", I can't imagine the reveal doing much for them. So if the ARMS character is revealed without another announcement on top of that, I feel that people will end up venting their frustrations because there's no telling how long we're going to have to wait for the next reveal/release.

But if you're just strictly referring to the reaction about which ARMS character they choose, then I'm pretty sure I'm siding with Rie on this one.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Min Min/Twintelle/Dr. Coyle - HYPE

Ninjara/Ribbon Girl/Max Brass - Mostly positive

Spring Man - mixed

Spring Man WITH a Hero situation - ACTUAL WARZONE

Someone totally out of left field like Byte & Barq, Kid Cobra or Master Mummy - mass confusion

Lola Pop - DeviantArt jokes
If it’s Kid Cobra I will laugh because my initial gut reaction when they said it would be a character from ARMS was that it would either be Min Min as a popularity/safe pick or Kid Cobra as a left field/sleeper pick. Most of my friends said that wouldn’t happen, and I’m not expecting it to, but I think it would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Mostly positive, but will be pretty mixed when compared to other characters.
I honestly gotta wonder.

In ARMS he is pretty popular, maybe not number 1, but pretty well liked. In Smash, it's a super obvious choice to go with him, when presented with multiple options, so that's bound to rub people the wrong way. Its not everyday you can potentially get someone other than the main character, so people clearly want something to come out of it. Same as some of the people who'd like ATs to no longer be as big of an issue as before.

Granted, as someone who likes Spring-Man regardless of ATs or whatever else, it's not skin-off my back. Worst I could say is that I find Ribbon Girl's design to be least appealing out of most ARMS characters being cooler. But I don't hate her either, she's alright.

It'd be like saying they were adding someone from Street Fighter to a game, and it ends up being Ryu. Ryu's hugely popular, but he's obvious.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I mean as a big fan of the character I would definitely freak out if Cynthia was added as a playable character. Though I highly doubt it will happen.

Very interesting concept for a moveset however. Sort of works under the summoner archetype which we don't really have. Apart from PKMN Trainer though it's moreso just a transformation character since we are directly controlling the pokemon and not the trainer.
Yeah I really think her chances are slim, but she would be a fantastic choice.

Yeah, I wanted to go a more summoner type of fighter that was completelly ndifferent from pokemon trainer. I thought a champion would be good enough and in sync enough with her pokemon to do this stuff,

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Weird question, but is Apex Legends still a thing? It just got announced to be getting a Switch port, and while I highly doubt they'll even be CONSIDERED for Smash, I do remember it being popular for awhile, mostly because people called it a "Fortnite killer". But after some time, people just... stopped caring? Basically, I was curious about that.

Although it also brings up the question of, if EA miraculously got a rep, who would it be?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Weird question, but is Apex Legends still a thing? It just got announced to be getting a Switch port, and while I highly doubt they'll even be CONSIDERED for Smash, I do remember it being popular for awhile, mostly because people called it a "Fortnite killer". But after some time, people just... stopped caring? Basically, I was curious about that.

Although it also brings up the question of, if EA miraculously got a rep, who would it be?
Bella Goth or GTFO

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, I really don't get where this "Springman is boring" stuff comes from. I for one do like the character.

Whenever Springman goes "Boiyoiyoing!", I feel that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

It's probably gonna join Warfame in the "was big enough to get a Spirit" club, if anything

SKX31

Smash Master

It's still a thing, yes. It has evidently has had a rocky going, but the recent Season 5 proved a high point and it still has a healthy presence on Twitch.

As far as EA, I'm imagining it's either Commander Shepard, Bella Goth (as the Sims mascot) or a Dragon Age representative. Battlefield and Apex feel like massive longshots (or Spirit material - edit: aka was the wrong word). Personally I would welcome music from the sports series (FIFA etc.) buuut licensing is a likely insumountable obstacle there.

Also *Insert joke about EA being more active on the Switch than Nintendo*:

(I'm guessing they made a shift towards more single-player games because they've taken too much microtransaction related heat - seriously, in-game transactions make up half of EA's revenue, with the Ultimate Team modes from the sport titles being the lion share of that.)

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think it's "primary protagonist is boring" syndrome, where people assume that because a main character are inherently less interesting than other important characters.

It happened with Hero and Slime, Terry and Nakoruru, and Byleth and Edelgard, now it's happening with Spring Man and Min Min. If Spring Man gets in, the same thing will happen in the previous three examples where this take mostly dies overnight. If Min Min gets in, I'm expecting the same thing to happen when Chrom was deconfirmed last game: a lot of confirmation bias about how Spring Man's an objectively boring character and Min Min's going to be the protagonist of ARMS 2 and how Sakurai saved ARMS.
As someone who had yet to play FE Awakening at the time, the whole Chrom vs Robin debate back in Smash 4 compleley ruined th latter to me, with how dismissive his/her supporters were with the former (there is also everything after the trailer, but that's a story for another time). And as someone who has yet to play ARMS, I'm feeling more drawn to Spring Man due to the similar attitude.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
As someone who had yet to play FE Awakening at the time, the whole Chrom vs Robin debate back in Smash 4 compleley ruined th latter to me, with how dismissive his/her supporters were with the former (there is also everything after the trailer, but that's a story for another time). And as someone who has yet to play ARMS, I'm feeling more drawn to Spring Man due to the similar attitude.
There was a Chrom v. Robin war during Sm4sh? That sounds beautiful, the whole community talking about FE without being completely negative.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
As someone whose favourite ARMS character was Master Mummy it makes no difference to me who the character ends up being. Any ARMS character is a fine addition thanks to their character designs and base mechanic. At worst they’re like the 3rd least exciting DLC character thanks to Byleth and Pirahna Plant propping them up and even then a whole new universe in Smash is novel enough that I can’t hate it.

I just hope the Pass doesn’t end up being “Speculation Cycle Rejects Recycled As DLC”. ARMS as a new successful IP deserves that boost. I can’t really say the same for stuff that’s already well established in Smash.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There was a Chrom v. Robin war during Sm4sh? That sounds beautiful, the whole community talking about FE without being completely negative.
I mean, we hadn't reached "too many FE characters yet," but it was ****ing abysmal. It was a terrifying war zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom