• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Regardless, I do think Pokemon has way more ambiguity compared to most of our other options. We could have some interesting debates and discussions if people looked beyond starters and the current "promotional" Pokemon.
You've said it yourself before though. The Pokémon they go with is always the promotional one. Looking at all the precedents, it's pretty safe to say it's either the hot new starter (Cinderace), Urshifu, or Cylarex and not anything else.

What do you mean, Byleth's range stole Simon's gimmick. :p
And he's still not unique because of the ARMS character. :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember people loving Banjo for the fact that he has no outstanding gimmick and that he's just a mostly basic character. Even if a character has similarities to another, whether it be weapon choice or ability, that alone doesn't sound like it should immediately remove all chances of them becoming playable. Echo Fighters existing is a direct counter to that mentality.

IMO, the enjoyment that comes from playing a character themselves is more important than trying to be 100% different from 80+ characters in every way.

Imagine how angry Link mains were when Hero showed up. :239:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
You've said it yourself before though. The Pokémon they go with is always the promotional one. Looking at all the precedents, it's pretty safe to say it's either the hot new starter (Cinderace), Urshifu, or Cylarex and not anything else.

Grookey and Sobble currently have not debuted in the anime yet. Give them time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Regardless, I do think Pokemon has way more ambiguity compared to most of our other options. We could have some interesting debates and discussions if people looked beyond starters and the current "promotional" Pokemon.
I think you just want people to talk about your sword wolf more. If you truly were being "realistic" when thinking they'd ignore eveeything that isn't a blatant ad for a Christmas rushed game, you'd pay attention to the minor representation box legendaries always get.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

People are sleeping on Toxtricity, one of the most popular Gen 8 pokemons and one people have been calling Galar's Lucario.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Gen 8 Pokemon? If "None" was an answer, I'd pick that.

Otherwise, I'd take the Baboom option.

1592448315876.png

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
One mans trash is another mans treasure I suppose
Hey meow. Dante is my Capcom pick. But you cannot deny the Monster Hunter is on top of the world right now.
Lol. Get it? World! Like Monster Hunter World?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Does Toxtricity have its own movie? Highly doubt its even on the table.
Don't think having a movie is a requirement for Pokemon fighters to be added to Smash. And in the case of popular pokemon like Darkrai and Zoroark it doesn't help either.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
:ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpiranha::ultrob::ultsheik::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf:

Why? Everything fits the character and does a great job of replicating both the gameplay and sheer absurdity of the Phoenix Wright series. It may look a bit odd due to attack canceling but that effect is present with every character to some extent.
Well, all of those characters take elements from their own games, or franchises. Some holes had to be filled for sure, and characters like Captain Falcon were almost entirely created from scratch, but we're talking N64 era. Even Ice Climbers has made-up moves, but don't you feel like they'd actually fit in the original game? Who else can we really say that about, that is more recent? None of the above qualify, as all have iconic moves.

And again I say that liking Phoenix Wright. But the footage I saw was not convincing at all. It wasn't even tribute, it was just sloppy. None of the moves I saw were even close to anything Phoenix Wright does in his games. Laser eyes? Throwing chicken? I certainly haven't played the games he does that in. Sure he had "physical" moves, but if none of the specials reproduce the character, then to me it's a failed reproduction.

And then in comparison there was some Amaterasu footage, and I almost felt like I was holding the controller and fighting enemies from Okami. I believe that's way more in spirit with how Sakurai wants to reproduce series very well.

TTF

Smash Journeyman

If a Gen 8 Pokemon becomes part of Fighter Pass 2, I can easily see either one of the following being in:
- 1 of the 3 new starters final forms
- Sirfetch'd
- Toxtricity
- Urshifu
- Zarude

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Monster Hunter content = 1 assist trophy/boss, 1 spirit, 2 music tracks
ARMS content = 1 assist trophy, 2 mii costumes, 5 spirits
Really makes you think, huh

As far as Capcom reps go, I don't see why so many people are sleeping on Monster Hunter, or calling them unlikely simply because they're not that popular in speculation circles. Between the MH content already in smash and the fact that Monster Hunter World is Capcom's best selling game of all time, I'd say that a rep from the series is more than likely if Capcom decides to put in another character

Last edited:

Nemitic

Banned via Warnings
People are sleeping on Toxtricity, one of the most popular Gen 8 pokemons and one people have been calling Galar's Lucario.
The SwSh Pokemon rep would've been chosen way in advance before they would know the reception of certain Pokemon with the public, so popularity means nothing. Also Toxtricity isn't Galar's Lucario; Lucario was pushed as the face of Gen 4, showing up early in the first Mystery Dungeon, getting his own movie, Toxtricity was hidden and nowhere to be seen in marketing.
It ain't happening, it's gonna be Cinderace.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sleeping on this character, sleeping on that character, I must be comatose by this point if I'm sleeping on everything. :tired:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The SwSh Pokemon rep would've been chosen way in advance before they would know the reception of certain Pokemon with the public, so popularity means nothing. Also Toxtricity isn't Galar's Lucario; Lucario was pushed as the face of Gen 4, showing up early in the first Mystery Dungeon, getting his own movie, Toxtricity was hidden and nowhere to be seen in marketing.
I'm not saying it is, that's the word that has been going around. Either way Toxtricity is literally one of the most popular pokemon of this Gen as was voted by the community, Dragapult was the only Gen 8 Pokemon that out ranked it amoung fans.

In Ultimate Sakurai was the one that chose Incineroar for the main game, in a similar way that Greninja was chosen however the picks for DLC (at least for Fighter's Pass 2) are different and decided much later. If we were to get a Gen 8 Pokemon, the Pokemon's popularity would play a factor in the decision (but of course it isn't the main deciding factor which is up to how Sakurai views the potential of the fighter) and I don't know if you've noticed but the reception for the starters has been very mixed across the board at best.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Disagree 149%.
Phoenix Wright is more niche among the general public. Monster Hunter is AT LEAST 10 times more likely. Phoenix Wright is one of those characters like Isaac, Takamaru, and Geno where his popularity among the core crowd is bigger than his popularity in general.
Had we been told in 2017 that FP2 was a Square Enix character (assuming no leaks), everyone would have jumped to Geno instead of the far more popular Erdrick (or Hero now, I guess).
Leon, Dante, and Monster Hunter are Capcom's premier characters. And since we had a Resident Evil Spirit Event, Leon seems unlikely.
For the record, I think Geno is coming, but remember that his supporters have been vocal since Brawl.
I really dont think Monster Hunter is coming now that we have Byleth. The gimmick he/she would use is gone now. I'm sure something else could get put together but I don't think they'll go for it because that was the best way to do it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Also Byleth stole their gimmick
There's more then one way to design a Weapon Master character, and that's assuming that the character would be one since a MH character isn't locked to that concept.

Plus even if they did share that gimmick, there's already a major difference between the two from the get-go as their main weapons (MH's Great Sword and Byleth's Sword of the Creator) are completely different in function and use. So there's already something about MH that they can use to separate out the two from the start, and you can easily grow from there with any of MH's other 13 weapons.

It depends on how they'll handle a hypothetical Pokémon for DLC.

With the main games we know that they put in a designated Pokémon slot and then fill it in later, but since game development means you want the character developed sooner that also means that the character had to be chosen early and couldn't wait for any polls or feedback. DLC development is different however as development on the characters is more spread out and they have two years to develop six different ones, so the exact standards for the base game may not apply to the DLC. Taking that into account it is plausible that if they decided on getting a Pokémon, but didn't choose one yet, that they hold off long enough to take into account popularity and rising stars.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Disagree 149%.
Phoenix Wright is more niche among the general public. Monster Hunter is AT LEAST 10 times more likely. Phoenix Wright is one of those characters like Isaac, Takamaru, and Geno where his popularity among the core crowd is bigger than his popularity in general.
... not really? It's no Monster Hunter or Resident Evil, sure, but the Ace Attorney series is decently big in its own right. The fanbase was certainly big and loud enough to earn him a spot in a Marvel vs. Capcom game, and that was back in 2011 when the series was smaller. I'd say Phoenix Wright's chances at least match that of Dante and a Monster Hunter.

And again I say that liking Phoenix Wright. But the footage I saw was not convincing at all. It wasn't even tribute, it was just sloppy. None of the moves I saw were even close to anything Phoenix Wright does in his games. Laser eyes? Throwing chicken? I certainly haven't played the games he does that in. Sure he had "physical" moves, but if none of the specials reproduce the character, then to me it's a failed reproduction.
Apparently, you also haven't seen any footage of Phoenix Wright in UMVC3 either.

As someone who's played countless hours of both UMVC3 and the original Ace Attorney trilogy, Wright's moveset and animations in the former game are chock-full of references to his home series. Searching for evidence, reading off papers, rustling his hair in frustration, sneezing, shouting "HOLD IT!" and "OBJECTION!", having Maya and Missile come out to assist him, the Nightmare Judge, presenting and throwing away evidence (with the items themselves being references as well), cowering after a super jump because he's afraid of heights, outing the opponent as guilty with sufficient evidence... all that stuff is utilized for Wright's attacks and animations.

One of the reasons I'd love to see Phoenix Wright in Smash is because I want to see what Sakurai's take on that kind of character would look like. UMVC3 already showed that Wright can be put in a fighting game with a mostly faithful moveset, now I want to see Smash's take on the character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not gonna lie, I personally think Toxtricity looks kinda ugly.

But I suppose if he's popular he wouldn't be a bad choice.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I'd say on a large scale the three-mode moveset (investigation mode, trial mode, and turnabout mode) represents what Wright does in the Ace Attorney games rather well, at least to me. Collect evidence when investigating, use that evidence in trial, and defeat the opponent in a big turnabout. Not to mention a lot of his individual moves reference details from the original games (like throwing paperwork, using Missile for grab attacks, or how his launcher is a big sneeze, referencing his cold in his college days). There are certainly moves that are more abstract, like the energy beams or orbs that shoot out when you present evidence in trial & turnabout modes, but I'm fine with those because they play into the overall evidence-gathering system in his moveset. You may not have seen him use laser beams or throw random objects in Ace Attorney, but you've certainly seen him present and discard evidence, and that's just a stylized representation of that.

I guess my point is even if visually speaking a character's moveset includes things they don't do verbatim in the game, it can still be a good representation if it represents the overall themes of the source material (especially if the source material is of a completely different gameplay style like a VN or turn-based RPG).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
me and the boys ready to go to the theaters to watch the ivysaur solo film :ivysaur:
The Pokémon Trainer is one of the most notable protagonists from the series packed with one of the most notable Pokémon in the series, and the Squirtle and Ivysaur are necessary for the gimmick. They are exceptions to the whole mascot thing, but the Pokémon Trainer itself is one of the most important characters in the entire series. It'd be weird not to include him.

Don't think having a movie is a requirement for Pokemon fighters to be added to Smash. And in the case of popular pokemon like Darkrai and Zoroark it doesn't help either.
No but the Pokémon has to be one that The Pokémon Company is going to promote for the rest of the generation. They've done nothing with Toxtricity so far.

If I'm wrong, great! We get something that's actually interesting...But the chances for something that isn't the hot new starter are incredibly slim.

Well, all of those characters take elements from their own games, or franchises. Some holes had to be filled for sure, and characters like Captain Falcon were almost entirely created from scratch, but we're talking N64 era. Even Ice Climbers has made-up moves, but don't you feel like they'd actually fit in the original game? Who else can we really say that about, that is more recent? None of the above qualify, as all have iconic moves.
"They're old so it's ok" is a terrible argument. That doesn't change the fact that they made up pretty much the entire moveset for these characters.

Pheonix Wright has two modes: one representing his investigation part, and the other the trial part of each case.
Investigation mode:
  • "M-Maya!?" (Light): Calling on Maya's spirit medium powers.
  • "M-Maya!?" (Medium/Heavy): A made up attack using Maya's personality.
    • Neither attack is out of character, as Maya is Phoenix Wright's right hand woman, and she helps quite a lot on cases. Especially during investigation.
  • Investigate: Literally half the core gameplay loop.
  • Discard: Throws away evidence that has been deemed irrelevant, which happens in every single trial. This is just the attack version of it, and likely where his chicken throw comes from.
  • Mode Change: Made up, but the moveset wouldn't have the extra mode without it.
Trial mode:
  • Paperwork (High/Low): Looking through court records and the like is a common thing in trials.
  • Press the Witness (Light/Medium/Heavy): Literally the entire gameplay loop of the trial section.
  • Present Evidence: This is how you call contradictions. It's a bit random that they shoot beams of light, but that's just kind of the nature of Marvel Vs. Capcom.
And then when you get enough evidence you can enter turnabout mode (With an Objection no less), which is what happens when you finally get that final piece of evidence against the witness in the main games. All of these attacks are the trial mode attacks on steroids. You nailed 'em.

Then his Supers:
  • Steel Samurai Maya Smelting: A made up attack based upon Maya's personality.
  • "Order in the Court!": The Judge makes the verdict on a lot of things, which can screw over either party. It fits really well in this way.
  • Ace Attorney: Captures the entirety of the Phoenix Wright series in just one move.
There are creative liberties, but I'd say he's just as spot on as a character like Villager.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not gonna lie, I personally think Toxtricity looks kinda ugly.

But I suppose if he's popular he wouldn't be a bad choice.
Man, I just can't vibe with those stout stubby legs and those disgusting neck gills. Guy looks like a stoner to me tbh. Like his gigantamax form though, it's super rad.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The Pokémon Trainer is one of the most notable protagonists from the series packed with one of the most notable Pokémon in the series, and the Squirtle and Ivysaur are necessary for the gimmick. They are exceptions to the whole mascot thing, but the Pokémon Trainer itself is one of the most important characters in the entire series. It'd be weird not to include him.
Did Red show up in a theatrical release?

Droodle

Smash Lord
Kid Icarus.jpg

I know this will probably mean nothing in the long run, but they're rereleasing the Pit and Dark Pit Figmas.

Kid Icarus Uprising port please... (maybe it was meant to be unveiled at the scrapped E3 this year, the timing is weird. Probably just a coincidence though).

Also add Hades to Smash.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I like toxicitry and had it on my Pokemon Sword team. Don't really care one way or another if it gets into Smash though.

Nemitic

Banned via Warnings
I'm not saying it is, that's the word that has been going around. Either way Toxtricity is literally one of the most popular pokemon of this Gen as was voted by the community, Dragapult was the only Gen 8 Pokemon that out ranked it amoung fans.

In Ultimate Sakurai was the one that chose Incineroar for the main game, in a similar way that Greninja was chosen however the picks for DLC (at least for Fighter's Pass 2) are different and decided much later. If we were to get a Gen 8 Pokemon, the Pokemon's popularity would play a factor in the decision (but of course it isn't the main deciding factor which is up to how Sakurai views the potential of the fighter) and I don't know if you've noticed but the reception for the starters has been very mixed across the board at best.
Vol 2 was finalized before Pokemon Sword & Shield came out, so popularity isn't gonna play a factor here. It's gonna be Cinderace because that's the Pokemon that's playing the most prominent role for this generation and current anime, just like Greninja and Incineroar. Doesn't matter what the public reception to them is, just look at Byleth.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Then I must be illiterate or blind.
Look: Jigglypuff was made as a "because why not?" before Super Smash Bros. became the marketing machine that it is today, and the Pokémon Trainer is the protagonist; not including him would be like not including Mario or Kirby. The trainer itself is based on the first and most well known of the protagonists (and is the only one to keep showing up within the main series.), so he gets the region's starters in order for him to fulfill his role. That's why the four of those characters are, and will probably be the only exceptions to the marketing picks. Literally every other pick has been one they've been pushing.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
"They're old so it's ok" is a terrible argument. That doesn't change the fact that they made up pretty much the entire moveset for these characters.
Terrible argument maybe, but a legit one still. The design philosophy has been drastically different since the first game. And in the context that those characters such as Fox and Captain Falcon have established movesets by now, changing them would be weird and not well-received, whereas the clones line Falco and Wolf have changed slightly over time. So old characters get a much different treatment than newer ones do. Hence why I asked you to name new characters that have entirely made-up movesets.

Even if you take the most non-fighting characters, like Villager and Isabelle, a ton of their moves can be traced back to their series anyways. Maybe there was more to Phoenix Wright, the footage I watched did not exactly explain the triple mode or anything. But bar that one Judge appearance, I was simply not convinced. I think it could be done better, or avoided overall. Nothing wrong there in me not seeing how a character could be done well, and feel fluid with good move flow in Smash.

We're not anymore at a point where Nintendo wants its top 6 "incompatible" franchises in a fairly balanced fighting game... The design space has become much broader, and characters that don't perfectly fit might be foregone and replaced by others who fit better.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look: Jigglypuff was made as a "because why not?" before Super Smash Bros. became the marketing machine that it is today, and the Pokémon Trainer is the protagonist; not including him would be like not including Mario or Kirby. The trainer itself is based on the first and most well known of the protagonists (and is the only one to keep showing up within the main series.), so he gets the region's starters in order for him to fulfill his role. That's why the four of those characters are, and will probably be the only exceptions to the marketing picks. Literally every other pick has been one they've been pushing.
Woah my dude, no one touched Jigglypuff. No need to bring her into this.

Doesn't Greninja and Incineroar also become an exception to this anime importance rule, as they were chosen because Sakurai just liked them before they were even involved in expanded media? If Gen 8 truly does get a character, there's not much helping us in trying to create a definitive line between who would and wouldn't make the cut in the end. It's not even a "omg people never try to be creative >:(" thing, it's just that there's nothing that would lead us in one direction. Trying to predict corporate has always ended in failure.

:096: What you're arguing feels more like fan rules. Not in a controlling sense, but more of an unnecessary binding circle of prerequisites.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

No but the Pokémon has to be one that The Pokémon Company is going to promote for the rest of the generation. They've done nothing with Toxtricity so far.

If I'm wrong, great! We get something that's actually interesting...But the chances for something that isn't the hot new starter are incredibly slim.

Pheonix Wright has two modes: one representing his investigation part, and the other the trial part of each case.
Investigation mode:
  • "M-Maya!?" (Light): Calling on Maya's spirit medium powers.
  • "M-Maya!?" (Medium/Heavy): A made up attack using Maya's personality.
    • Neither attack is out of character, as Maya is Phoenix Wright's right hand woman, and she helps quite a lot on cases. Especially during investigation.
  • Investigate: Literally half the core gameplay loop.
  • Discard: Throws away evidence that has been deemed irrelevant, which happens in every single trial. This is just the attack version of it, and likely where his chicken throw comes from.
  • Mode Change: Made up, but the moveset wouldn't have the extra mode without it.
Trial mode:
  • Paperwork (High/Low): Looking through court records and the like is a common thing in trials.
  • Press the Witness (Light/Medium/Heavy): Literally the entire gameplay loop of the trial section.
  • Present Evidence: This is how you call contradictions. It's a bit random that they shoot beams of light, but that's just kind of the nature of Marvel Vs. Capcom.
And then when you get enough evidence you can enter turnabout mode (With an Objection no less), which is what happens when you finally get that final piece of evidence against the witness in the main games. All of these attacks are the trial mode attacks on steroids. You nailed 'em.

Then his Supers:
  • Steel Samurai Maya Smelting: A made up attack based upon Maya's personality.
  • "Order in the Court!": The Judge makes the verdict on a lot of things, which can screw over either party. It fits really well in this way.
  • Ace Attorney: Captures the entirety of the Phoenix Wright series in just one move.
There are creative liberties, but I'd say he's just as spot on as a character like Villager.
Another made up rule for adding characters, who's to say that one of the reasons the pokemon company promots a pokemon is because of Smash, Greninja was pushed like crazy and one of the reasons was likely because they were investing in the character barely after his concept was finalized, Sakurai made the decision to add him. Either way there's evidence in SwSh that Toxtricity has some importance to the history of Galar and can be promoted in other media, be it the anime card games etc. As I mentioned earlier Tox is one of the most popular mons from this Generation, much more popular than these 'hot' new starters who's basic stages are much more popular than their final evolutions I might add. And seeing the kind of character Toxtricity is, with his punk rock aesthetic, sound based attacks and multiple forms, he comes across as the exact kind of fighter Sakurai would gravitate towards. No rule suggests that he HAS to choose one of the starters. People are merely defaulting to them for speculation because once again they are looking too deeply at the patterns.

Now I don't particularly care whether or not Tox gets added or not (though I'd probably prefer him over the starters) and I could very well be wrong because fir all we know 'Sakurai was intruiged by a soccer playing rabbitboi' but I'm also not discounting what this pokemon has got going for him. Which is more than most people realize.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Even if you take the most non-fighting characters, like Villager and Isabelle, a ton of their moves can be traced back to their series anyways. Maybe there was more to Phoenix Wright, the footage I watched did not exactly explain the triple mode or anything. But bar that one Judge appearance, I was simply not convinced. I think it could be done better, or avoided overall. Nothing wrong there in me not seeing how a character could be done well, and feel fluid with good move flow in Smash.
What specific footage of Phoenix Wright in UMVC3 did you watch that left such a bad impression?

The dedicated character trailer for Wright, as well as the two gameplay trailers for him and Nova, do a good job of showing off his moveset. If those don't convince you, I don't know what will.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Terrible argument maybe, but a legit one still.
A terrible argument is not a legit argument.

The design philosophy has been drastically different since the first game. And in the context that those characters such as Fox and Captain Falcon have established movesets by now, changing them would be weird and not well-received, whereas the clones line Falco and Wolf have changed slightly over time. So old characters get a much different treatment than newer ones do. Hence why I asked you to name new characters that have entirely made-up movesets.
I named characters as new as Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U. Unless you want to tell me when PAC-MAN and Duck Hunt have ever used most of the attacks in their kits.

Doesn't Greninja and Incineroar also become an exception to this anime importance rule, as they were chosen because Sakurai just liked them before they were even involved in expanded media?
It's also been stated that he asks The Pokémon Company for guidance on who would be the most popular. Lo and behold, it's the one they pushed the most both times.

If Gen 8 truly does get a character, there's not much helping us in trying to create a definitive line between who would and wouldn't make the cut in the end. It's not even a "omg people never try to be creative >:(" thing, it's just that there's nothing that would lead us in one direction. Trying to predict corporate has always ended in failure.
Another made up rule for adding characters, who's to say that one of the reasons the pokemon company promots a pokemon is because of Smash, Greninja was pushed like crazy and one of the reasons was likely because they were investing in the character barely after his concept was finalized, Sakurai made the decision to add him. Either way there's evidence in SwSh that Toxtricity has some importance to the history of Galar and can be promoted in other media, be it the anime card games etc. As I mentioned earlier Tox is one of the most popular mons from this Generation, much more popular than these 'hot' new starters who's basic stages are much more popular than their final evolutions I might add.
It may be quite cynical, but precedence says popularity really means nothing when choosing a Pokémon. Marketing is.

If I'm wrong, good. But don't be surprised when I'm right.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It may be quite cynical, but precedence says popularity really means nothing when choosing a Pokémon. Marketing is.

If I'm wrong, good. But don't be surprised when I'm right.
I'll be surprised when we get another Pokemon rep this DLC season. :nifty:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Eh, I wouldn't be but I'm not expecting it either. There isn't really any evidence supporting anything beyond the ARMS character, so personally, I just label anything that could happen as just plausible.
Whatever it is, I've had my fill of speculation for years to come. Not really sure why I dived into this one, talking about this stuff hurts my head now.

Regardless, this season has a lot of new hope for the previously deconfirmed, I'm happy that at least those people have a second chance. :222:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom