• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
What specific footage of Phoenix Wright in UMVC3 did you watch that left such a bad impression?

The dedicated character trailer for Wright, as well as the two gameplay trailers for him and Nova, do a good job of showing off his moveset. If those don't convince you, I don't know what will.
It was some random game being played, I didn't specifically look at anything dedicated to him or anything. Watched about a minute, and to me it almost looked like someone had put a skin on some other Marvel character. The longer dedicated video could have shown otherwise, and certainly I see that the character could be popular for others. Again, I quite like the character itself, but yeah, not convinced on how to integrate him well.

A terrible argument is not a legit argument..
Ok, you really got this one coming: get your head out of your ass. You can't just arbitrarily decide what a terrible argument is, and even less so provide your own truth as to what is a legit argument. I could just continue and say: A terrible argument is a legit argument, and we'd be circling back like idiots. I provided an argument and actually expanded on it with reasons why the age/date is important, so for sure you'd better expand on yours: just negating is downright rude. Your previous statement is a prime example of why Smash Boards is so hostile, and completely unhelpful in the discussion. If you want to discuss and argue, go for it, but if that's all you have to say, just leave it.

I named characters as new as Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U. Unless you want to tell me when PAC-MAN and Duck Hunt have ever used most of the attacks in their kits.
So back on topic, Pac-Man and Duck Hunt CLEARLY have moves based on their own games. If you've never played Duck Hunt, there's clear clay shooting, and the birds clearly fly... Pac-Man clearly eats the candy, that's the whole point of his games, and does collect the items represented in his B. Of course they need some liberties, because a top-down game like Pac-Man is not going to provide you with a lot of jumping options... But then again, they did show off the origins of a lot of the moves from both of those characters, namely, how Duck Hunt is a tribute to the Light Gun Series, of which the main 3 special moves are taken from.

The same applies to Phoenix Wright. Of course there'll be liberties. But when from the start, the character never even moves in any of his games, I personally struggle to see the whole fighting flow as working in his favor. It's like giving him a new personnality that he never had in his original stuff, because those aspects were not needed. I sure hope to be proven wrong if he does get in. But that consideration makes me believe they'd pick other Capcom reps first.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I genuinely refuse to believe Nintendo would go Guess Who again, surely they noticed thay people were more excited waiting for Joker as we knew who he was, people popped off when they first teased Joker. ****, people popped off when they teased Terry, but nobody popped off when they asked us to play Guess Who, even when it was narrowed down to 16 characters, so I'm hoping they realize it's just drawing **** out for the sake of drawing **** out

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It feels like we've weighed basically every viable option from Capcom, Namco, and Square, so it really wouldn't add much new to say in terms of speculation. At least ARMS was a curveball that had largely gone undiscussed, so the first few weeks gave us something to chew on. If Nintendo were to announce the next fighter was from one of those three companies, it would be pretty easy to predict how things would go just based on past precedent:
  • Capcom would produce the most diverse discussion, but 75% of it would be bickering between Dante and Phoenix Wright. Amaterasu and Monster Hunter would be occasionally brought up, but they'd be seen as Darkhorses at best. There may be some attempts to bring RE back from the dead (:4pacman:) but they likely wouldn't go anywhere.
  • Namco would be like Capcom, but more extreme. Expect 3 months of fighting over Lloyd vs. Heihachi. KOSMOS and other options from Tales and Tekken would have a dedicated fanbase but they'd largely be a side-act to the Great Lloyd-Heihachi War.
  • If I can be honest, knowing there's another Square character coming but not knowing exactly is a borderline worst case scenario. People would move quickly into the Geno, Sora, 2B, and Lara Croft camps on day 1 and stay there while trying to discredit the other candidates. Expect hundreds of posts about how Sora's not technically a Square character and how impossible negotiating with Disney is, how Geno's little more than the product of an echo chamber that no one really cares about, how 2B is deconfirmed because Sakurai first met Yoko Taro after FP2 was finalized, etc.
Maybe. But I think Namco could also make a case with Nightmare, even as one of the resident Tekken fans, I also like Soul Calibur, so I wouldn't ignore it either.

Staarih

Smash Master
Now I don't particularly care whether or not Tox gets added or not (though I'd probably prefer him over the starters) and I could very well be wrong because fir all we know 'Sakurai was intruiged by a soccer playing rabbitboi' but I'm also not discounting what this pokemon has got going for him. Which is more than most people realize.
Yeah, I think something was definitely up with Toxtricity. Toxel was given that ”one-of-a-kind” vibe by hatching from the egg you receive as a gift (but later you could catch it in the Wild Area, sure), and is classified as a baby Pokémon, one we haven’t got since Sinnoh (after Riolu etc). Toxtricity’s Gigantamax form was the only base game one for a Galar Pokémon to have a separate release after launch. While nothing major, I still feel there was something there. Any sort of ”push” on him has pretty much died down now, I guess, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it picks back up if Toxel/Toxtricity gets recurring appearances in the anime or something.

I’d find the potential in Toxtricity quite intriguing, poison and electric moves with a punk rock theme. I’d definitely take that over another starter.

The same applies to Phoenix Wright. Of course there'll be liberties. But when from the start, the character never even moves in any of his games, I personally struggle to see the whole fighting flow as working in his favor. It's like giving him a new personnality that he never had in his original stuff, because those aspects were not needed. I sure hope to be proven wrong if he does get in. But that consideration makes me believe they'd pick other Capcom reps first.
While I agree with you on how Duck Hunt and Pac-man work, I don't see how that's any different from Pheonix Wright in Marvel. It's a moveset with liberties that's full of references and a general game plan that represents what the character is about. I understand that might not be apparent at first glance, especially when some of his bunk evidence is referencing other Capcom IPs, but it is true that care was put into representing him well. Another character I think is worth looking at for comparison is Isabelle. She's a secretary, but was put in Smash in a way that at least represents the series, even if the animations have to be tailored in such a way to make her seem less aggressive. I have no doubts that if Phoenix was chosen, he could be done just as well if not better.
I don't necessarily think he'd be the first choice for Capcom, but I don't think he'd be a bad one either.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ok, you really got this one coming: get your head out of your ass. You can't just arbitrarily decide what a terrible argument is, and even less so provide your own truth as to what is a legit argument. I could just continue and say: A terrible argument is a legit argument, and we'd be circling back like idiots. I provided an argument and actually expanded on it with reasons why the age/date is important, so for sure you'd better expand on yours: just negating is downright rude. Your previous statement is a prime example of why Smash Boards is so hostile, and completely unhelpful in the discussion. If you want to discuss and argue, go for it, but if that's all you have to say, just leave it.
Ok, when I start insulting you, that's when I've got my head up my butt. But I have not and will not do that. I'm also not just randomly deciding your arguments are moot either. Maybe I'm bad at explaining myself, but I'm not actively trying to belittle you. To expand upon my previous point, the age of the moveset doesn't matter, it's the source material. None of the characters who's movesets are largely made up don't have much to go with I the first place and that hasn't changed since their inclusion. Which is to say that, were they made today, they'd be mostly the same. To my knowledge, the only character that has gotten more material to work with is Pit, who got a redesign after his first game.

EDIT: I suppose it's worth noting that his new Special Moves do mirror his old ones, but it is still significant, as they are all rethought versions of his old moveset. Even some of his normals are completely different, and I don't believe any other fighter has ever changed so dramatically from one game to the next.
EDIT EDIT: Actually, Roy probably wins in that department, taking on a whole new archetype, though 2 out of 69+ is still pretty rare, and his design was never really source material based, as he didn't have any when being developed, and he still ignores a decent chunk of his source material to be honest.
EDIT EDIT EDTIT: Roy's an oddball character in general, and a cautionary tale for both slapping movesets on characters and working with characters who's games aren't even remotely closed to being done making him the only character that was made with absolutely no source material. Your argument actually does have merit with him, as his new moveset is a perfection of old ideas rather than a representation of who he is. I still stand that he's the exception though, a lot of the characters with very little source material to work with generally haven't received anything new in or out of Super Smash Bros. since their inclusion with the exception of Pit and Roy, who both got redesigns that were handled very differently.

So back on topic, Pac-Man and Duck Hunt CLEARLY have moves based on their own games. If you've never played Duck Hunt, there's clear clay shooting, and the birds clearly fly... Pac-Man clearly eats the candy, that's the whole point of his games, and does collect the items represented in his B. Of course they need some liberties, because a top-down game like Pac-Man is not going to provide you with a lot of jumping options... But then again, they did show off the origins of a lot of the moves from both of those characters, namely, how Duck Hunt is a tribute to the Light Gun Series, of which the main 3 special moves are taken from.

Phoenix Wright isn't generally shown doing much, that is true. Heh, as a visual novel character, he's lucky he's more than just a few cardboard cutouts they swap to display emotions. But he doesn't do nothing though, it's just implied through your actions as the player (you are the same entity in-universe after all). So all the gathering, pressing, and submitting evidence he does in UMvC3, those are all things he does in his home series because those are all the things that you do within the games. The playstyle even mirrors how the games work: looking for evidence, going to trial, looking for more evidance, going to trial again and "OBJECTION!!!", you just solved the case and now you're the scariest character in the room. There's also a ton of references that people have mentioned that go way beyond my knowledge of the series.

Last edited:

Us3inMN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Us3inMN
Switch FC
SW-6591-4822-5026
Couple things:
Things seem heated right now.
Has Nintendo given any information on the ARMS fighter?
Has there been any "leaks"?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Phoenix Wright can TOTALLY fight.
BEHOLD:
phoenix wright throws evidence.gif

TAKE THAT!

Rest in peace live-action Gumshoe.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Even if you take the most non-fighting characters, like Villager and Isabelle, a ton of their moves can be traced back to their series anyways. Maybe there was more to Phoenix Wright, the footage I watched did not exactly explain the triple mode or anything. But bar that one Judge appearance, I was simply not convinced. I think it could be done better, or avoided overall. Nothing wrong there in me not seeing how a character could be done well, and feel fluid with good move flow in Smash.

You say you've watched gameplay of Phoenix Wright in UMVC3, but if you had actually spent time looking at his moveset, you wouldn't be arguing that he's not represented well in that game. Creative liberties had to be taken, sure, but at its core, Phoenix's moveset in UMVC3 fits him incredibly well.

His Investigation Mode moveset revolves around trying to find evidence and getting help from others (in this case, Maya and Missile) to do so, exactly what happens in the games.

His Courtroom Mode revolves around backing the opponent into a corner using evidence until you can get to the turnabout, just like how Phoenix operates in court.

And then his Turnabout Mode is him at his most powerful, where he can put non-stop pressure on the opponent until he either wins, or Turnabout Mode ends, just like how in the games, he can have his moments of triumph where he puts the witness on the spot until the prosecutor comes in and turns things around right back at him.

Not only that, but as Smash Puppy mentioned, a lot of his moves are even direct references to things that happen in Ace Attorney games. All the evidence he can collect are things like autopsy reports, murder weapons, and photographs, staples of pretty much every case in the games. His supers are references to the courtroom sections in general, plus the nightmare he had at the beginning of Justice for All.

His specials are references too. He has a special where he walks forward, tapping paperwork like one of his sprite animations. Other specials involve him presenting evidence, and if I have to explain what that's a reference to, then you're not an Ace Attorney fan.

Hell, even some of his normal, basic moves are references, like his launching move, which is a reference to the fact that he sneezed a lot when he was younger.

UMVC3 Phoenix Wright is practically the most faithful you could possibly be to Nick in a fighting game, and I'm sure Smash could do the same.

None of the moves I saw were even close to anything Phoenix Wright does in his games. Laser eyes? Throwing chicken?
He literally does neither of those things in UMVC3.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyway fun fact, when Nick was confirmed in UMvC3, people lost their ****

This is after he leaked due to how the UMvC3 site let you see unrevealed characters if you tried to put their names in the urls, with people leaking Nick first as he was so popular he was one of the first attempts made, Nemesis was the last one due to him being named Nemesis T-Type, which took people a while to figure out.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Phoenix Wright can TOTALLY fight.
BEHOLD:
TAKE THAT!

Rest in peace live-action Gumshoe.
If you think that's silly you should see the anime.

Phoenix Wright: *points with authority*
Whoever he points at: *gets torn apart by wind somehow*

This may be in jest but it definitely is belittling. Should probably turn down the snark.

He literally does neither of those things in UMVC3.
I assumed the laser eyes was a reference to Gadot. Didn't remember seeing it though.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
theres no way phoenix can be in the game because i, in all of my genius, cannot come up with a moveset for them

no i dont have experience making movesets or video games but i have spent a lot of time thinking about smash bros so clearly i am an authority on making smash bros movesets

mvc3 doesnt exist it was all a dream its the mandela effect it doesnt exist no no dont prove my argument wrong before i said anything no what are you doi-

CryingMegumin.gif

but i cant be wrong...

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I assumed he was talking about the giant pointer fingers in Turnabout Mode.
This gives me a hilarious mental image. Imma poke ya in the eye. WITH MY EYES!!!

I'm gonna give him more credit and say it's more likely the evidence lasers. I'm not sure how you could refuse magic pointing with an eye beam...

Does Gadot's mask give him laser eyes?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This gives me a hilarious mental image. Imma poke ya in the eye. WITH MY EYES!!!

I'm gonna give him more credit and say it's more likely the evidence lasers. I'm not sure how you could refuse magic pointing with an eye beam...

Does Gadot's mask give him laser eyes or does it just look cool?
Godot's Tragic Backstory explains the mask, he needs it to see, though he can't see red on white as seen when he couldn't see a ketchup stain on an apron that was submitted as evidence

Anyway I'm all for Pheonix Wright discussion but can we stop arguing with someone who to be blunt, doesn't seem to know what they're talking about?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll leave as well. Once this thread closes, there won't be anywhere for me to go that I'd actually be interested in. Definitely for the best though.
eh, once smash 7 comes around i'll come back with a life-changing story or two lol, it's never goodbye forever

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
It's done. There's probably a bit more fighting game flair I could have put in so he could be more consistant with Ryu, Ken, and Terry, but I don't own a copy of Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and there isn't a visual move list for the guy so I don't really know what his buttons are. A few of his special moves have the same command inputs so I didn't include them either. So yeah, improvements can be made, but not by me. Here's the end result:

Like the other fighting game characters, Amingo has trouble getting a hit in, but when he does, he blows you up with a cool combo. Unlike the other fighting game characters however, his combos are much easier in exchange for each individual hit doing less damage. If the player presses down and jumps (a simple down up motion with tap jump on will work as well), Amingo will super jump. This is the highest jump and fastest in the game, and allows Amingo to surprise opponents in the air, and do big aerial combos even on stages without the aid of platforms. Amingo also has a super meter that fills up when dealing damage to opponents, when it’s full, Amingo can use command inputs to do super moves. Like all of the fighting game characters, Amingo will always face his opponent.
Neutral attack
A short ranged punch in which Amingo’s arm turns into a spike ball followed by a clap attack if the player presses the button again. Both attacks can be canceled into Amingo’s Down Smash.
Forward tilt
Amingo’s arm flowers as he does a corkscrew punch. This is a long range, multi-hit attack that is incredibly difficult to punish if spaced correctly.
Up tilt
An uppercut.
Down tilt
A short ranged kick in which Amingo’s foot turns into a spike ball. If the move hits and the attack button is pressed again, Amingo’s foot turns into a plant mouth that does a bite attack. Otherwise, it can be canceled into Amingo’s Down Smash.
Dash attack
A shoulder tackle.
Forward smash
Amingo thrusts his arms into the ground. They come up as a carnivorous plant that chomps, goes underground, then comes back up and chomps again. Both hits will happen when Amingo uses this attack, so it is quite laggy if it misses, but it is Amingo’s most powerful K.O. move.
Up smash
Amingo grows spikes on his back as he flips over and thrusts himself upward. This is Amingo’s best K.O. move as it is the fastest.
Down smash
Amingo plants his feet in the ground, and roots come out right in front of him. This attack is one of if not the fastest Down Smash attacks, but has fixed knockback. Amingo can cancel this attack with a super jump if it hits, allowing him to combo off of it.
Neutral aerial
Amingo’s body squashes, and grows spikes around its midsection as he spins around. This is a multihit attack.
Forward aerial
Amingo’s hands turn into spiked fruit as he raises them above his head. He then swings them down. This attack either combos or spikes depending on how you hit with it.
Back aerial
Amingo’s hands turn into spiked fruit, and he swings them behind him. This attack has two hits to it.
Up aerial
An uppercut.
Down aerial
Amingo’s foot turns into a drill like thing, doing multiple hits. This is Amingo’s go to poke in the air, and it is safe on shield when spaced properly.
Grab
Amingo’s leg turns into a vine and grabs the opponent. A long ranged grab, but not a disjointed or particularly quick one.
Pummel
Squeezes the opponent with the vine.
Forward throw
Amingo punches the opponent three times. The third hit send the opponent flying.
Back throw
The vine shoots the opponent behind Amingo like a spring.
Up throw
The vine shoots the opponent upward like a spring.
Down throw
Amingo jumps up and does a huge haymaker on the opponent’s heard. The opponent flies straight up after bouncing on the ground, allowing for combos.
Floor attack (front)
Amingo’s foot turns into a spike ball as he swings his legs around.
Floor attack (back)
Floor attack (trip)
Edge attack
Amingo does a straight punch before he gets up.
Neutral special
Assist
Amingo calls in either Ruby Heart or SonSon to assist him. Tapping the button calls in SonSon, holding the button calls in Ruby Heart.
  • SonSon blows a kiss that turns into three monkeys. These monkeys travel forward slowly.
  • Ruby Heart throws an anchor upward. If the anchor hits it will drag the opponent back into Ruby Heart’s cannon, which is then fired.
Side special
Cactus Dash
Amingo transforms into an onion, and dashes forward a short distance. This attack mostly functions as a combo ender.
Up special
Cactus Bounce
A carnivorous plant appears around Amingo, and spits him out forwards in an upward arc. When Amingo lands, another carnivorous plant will catch him in its mouth, damaging nearby opponents before disappearing. Amingo grows spikes as he flies, creating somewhat of a protective hitbox. This is a pretty poor recovery move, as it doesn’t go all that high, and only goes a modest way forward. It is safe on shield when used on the ground, however, and can be used to pressure opponents.
Down special
Child of the Earth
Plants a seed that quickly grows into a small cactus child. The cactus child will happily hop forward, and will do a punch attack if an opponent gets close. There can be two cactus children out at once, and if a cactus child gets hit by any attack it will be stunned for a bit, then die. If the button is held while planting the seed, Amingo will water it. Watered cactus children will instead grab an opponent, which cannot be blocked. Cactus children will jump off of ledges. Oftentimes to their death. In the air, Amingo will simply drop the seed straight down.
Super Move 1
Law of Vegetation (:GCD::GCDL::GCL:, :GCA:+:GCB:)
Amingo puts his arm into the ground, and it comes back up as a bulb with a mouth that will travel forward slowly. If it reaches an opponent, it will grab them, and stick them into Amingo’s head. Amingo will then dance around with some maracas before launching them straight up out of his head. This is a powerful K.O. move.
Super Move 2
Sun’s Blessing (:GCD::GCDR::GCR:, :GCA:+:GCB:)
Amingo disappears, and large vines erupt from the ground. The hitbox is decently tall, and the attack is a deals a ton of damage if it hits. Once hit, it is difficult to escape from this multi-hit attack.
Final Smash
Cross-Over Combination
Amingo disappears, and huge vines erupt from the ground. Any opponent that gets hit with it will be dropped in a cutscene where SonSon punches them to the ground while in her super form, and breathes fire on them. Ruby Heart follows up by slamming a treasure chest in front of the opponent that opens, releasing a huge swarm of ghosts that repeatedly damage the opponents before ending the cinematic.
No fluff stuff this time. My creativity has been spent for the day.
you sir

are a good dog

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, yeah the assertion that Phoenix Wright can't have a moveset is just silly, especially since he had one in UMvC3, but lets try to be civil guys.

Ya'll got a little mean spirited with the call out posts.

And this is after some of ya'll agree we had a culture problem!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Part of me wonders if we'll get it as a shadow drop tomorrow.

The other part is telling me that's dumb.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I think that The Isle of Armor DLC was just okay. But I kind of want Akuma Bear Urshifu in Smash. I was already warm to the idea since I like its design but now I actively want it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You've said it yourself before though. The Pokémon they go with is always the promotional one. Looking at all the precedents, it's pretty safe to say it's either the hot new starter (Cinderace), Urshifu, or Cylarex and not anything else.
Not promotional in the sense that Game Freak asked Sakurai to add a specific Pokemon who they believe would drive sales. I meant more along the lines of Sakurai feeling more comfortable with Pokemon who are being pushed by GF, and that applies to a number of Pokemon outside the ones you listed. Game Freak themselves have come out and admitted that they don't tell Sakurai what he should do. He's always been the one making the choices.

9c9.png

Sakurai doesn't go about this like he's making an ad for a completely separate video game. He likes looking at many different things when making a choice, such as the anime, movies, etc. If he notices that certain Pokemon are being pushed harder than others, then he'll keep that in the back of his mind while deciding. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll choose them, but it helps. Next he has to ask himself which Pokemon would be a natural fit for Smash? Which of his options would feel like a really unique addition?

The DLC character could very well end up being Urshifu or Calyrex since Nintendo is making the decisions this time, but people are wrong when they say previous Pokemon got in because they were supppsed to be promotional. That's not how Sakurai makes his choices.

Shroob

Sup?
So I think that The Isle of Armor DLC was just okay. But I kind of want Akuma Bear Urshifu in Smash. I was already warm to the idea since I like its design but now I actively want it.
Ignoring a lot of gripes about the DLC, and I have plenty, there's only one thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and that's the despite having a dex size of 210, like 1/3rd of that is just Pokemon already found in SwSd.... Why not just have the 140 returning Pokemon and call it there? Adding the extra 70 does nothing but make it feel like padding a fairly shallow expansion.

It also irks me that they constantly like to remind us "Hey, Megas exist!.... but not in SwSd nope nope no siree."

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sakurai: "To accurately represent Urshifu, every attack it has will ignore shields"
Not promotional in the sense that Game Freak asked Sakurai to add a specific Pokemon who they believe would drive sales. I meant more along the lines of Sakurai feeling more comfortable with Pokemon who are being pushed by GF, and that applies to a number of Pokemon outside the ones you listed. Game Freak themselves have come out and admitted that they don't tell Sakurai what he should do. He's always been the one making the choices.

View attachment 275162

Sakurai doesn't go about this like he's making an ad for a completely separate video game. He likes looking at many different things when making a choice, such as the anime, movies, etc. If he notices that certain Pokemon are being pushed harder than others, then he'll keep that in the back of his mind while deciding. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll choose them, but it helps. Next he has to ask himself which Pokemon would be a natural fit for Smash? Which of his options would feel like a really unique addition?

The DLC character could very well end up being Urshifu or Calyrex since Nintendo is making the decisions this time, but people are wrong when they say previous Pokemon got in because they were supppsed to be promotional. That's not how Sakurai makes his choices.
Ah yes, you're absolutely right, it's a mere coincidence every Pokemon Sakurai picked was from a recent or upcoming release, surely, this means the likes of Heracross, Aggron and Roserade have just as much chances as the Gen 8 mons, especially as Nintendo's picking them, and Nintendo would never make their own DLC characters promotional picks

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I think Calyrex would be the only FP choice I would 100% hate, imo it's one of the ugliest legendary designs in the series. Besides, Zacian/Zamazenta and Toxtricity are right there. Haven't bought the Armor DLC so no thoughts on Urshifu atm.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1592474676711.png

people be saying "omg game freak is too lazy, they'll make pokemon out of keys" but this is some **** you see during sleep paralysis

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you turned the green thing sideways and drew a black dot in the center of it, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's a Kirby final boss.
whatever eldritch monstrosity that pokemon is, i hope it stays far away from this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom