• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
While I do find the idea of a Hero situation silly for ARMs, especially since most of the characters are very different, I find people who unironically think we may get an "ARMs 2 Protagonist" even more absurd because it feels like a cynical answer and a bit of a cheap copout as a way to "Preserve" fan rules and would be a sleep in the face to ARMs fans.

I don't get why people think that is the answer there.
That's why. People are just obsessed with fan rules.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
People complain about the idea of AT fans getting more vocal but there's only like five of them with vocal fanbases. Nobody's really gunning for the Mario Paint fly swatter or Color TV-Game 15. Contrast that with the mountains upon mountains of characters people insisted were shoo-ins because "well if Joker could get in..."

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
People also forget there's a chance Sakurai will only make a joke or small comment about Springman or whoever being added and that's it. If fans are to interpret it as "more is coming" then that's on them to set themselves up for disappointment.

The only character I could see getting a promotion is Waluigi, for some reason I just feel that extra slot is for him.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
People complain about the idea of AT fans getting more vocal but there's only like five of them with vocal fanbases. Nobody's really gunning for the Mario Paint fly swatter or Color TV-Game 15. Contrast that with the mountains upon mountains of characters people insisted were shoo-ins because "well if Joker could get in..."
As a Mario fan, I take offense to you undermining the excellency of Fly Swatter as a character.

Franauts

Smash Cadet
So ... every week there is an event for the weekend in smash, which is announced on Tuesday afternoons right? I think at 4 pm (PT) but I don't remember correctly. If a random event from a promotion is announced in a few hours, would that lower the chances of seeing the new character this week?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yall sleeping on Dr. Wright as an AT promotion big time smh

while i loved sim city growing up i must shamefully admit i never played the SNES version where he appeared in

So ... every week there is an event for the weekend in smash, which is announced on Tuesday afternoons right? I think at 4 pm (PT) but I don't remember correctly. If a random event from a promotion is announced in a few hours, would that lower the chances of seeing the new character this week?
I doubt we'll get one as we got announcement that the Warframe and Cuphead spirits would be permanent. last time a limited time spirit(s) became permanent was before Byleth's reveal or brand new Spirits

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
yall sleeping on Dr. Wright as an AT promotion big time smh

while i loved sim city growing up i must shamefully admit i never played the SNES version where he appeared in

I doubt we'll get one as we got announcement that the Warframe and Cuphead spirits would be permanent. last time a limited time spirit(s) became permanent was before Byleth's reveal or brand new Spirits
Actually we had a few between Byleth and ARMS as I remember the RE, Sw/Sh, Astral Chain, and Kunio spirits having dedicated posts making them permanent.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Actually we had a few between Byleth and ARMS as I remember the RE, Sw/Sh, Astral Chain, and Kunio spirits having dedicated posts making them permanent.
He also said that they also do that when new Spirits are being added.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, let me get this straight, the thought is because spirits are being added to the board we're either getting the ARMS rep or a new set of original spirits this week?

Franauts

Smash Cadet
When old spirits are available, new spirits arrive. Yesterday it was announced that some old spirits would return to the board. It remains to wait for a new spirit event or the Arms character reveal to see if the pattern repeats.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, let me get this straight, the thought is because spirits are being added to the board we're either getting the ARMS rep or a new set of original spirits this week?
Yes, based on the past three times that spirits were brought back to the board like this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes, based on the past three times that spirits were brought back to the board like this.
Well, either way I'll have an excuse to play Smash this weekend.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
When old spirits are available, new spirits arrive. Yesterday it was announced that some old spirits would return to the board. It remains to wait for a new spirit event or the Arms character reveal to see if the pattern repeats.
I really hope we get Ribbon Girl, Min Min, or Twintelle. Pulling for Min Min because I think she fits best into Smash (just my personal opinion.) Ribbon Girl and Twintelle would be cool too. Smash needs more females anyway.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if there's no spirits confirmed in an hour and a bit, we're in for DLC soon is the thought?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Franauts

Smash Cadet
Does anyone remember if there has been a new spirit event the same week as a new character?

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember if there has been a new spirit event the same week as a new character?
The River City event occurred during the same weekend as Byleth's release, if you're asking for an event and character release correlation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think we got the Astral Chain spirits the same week Byleth was revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I don't really get why both Phoenix Wright and Danganronpa get a pass for being potential Visual Novel reps, but others don't really get the time of day. And this is coming from someone who's most wanted has indeed been Phoenix Wright for several years!
I don't play much Visual Novels (the entire Ace Attorney franchise and Steins;Gate are the extent of my knowledge), but is it because of the interactivity of the Visual Novel? I think more speculation on more lowkey characters is always fun personally, so why don't they get given the time of day?
Imagine a time-travelling based moveset for Okabe Rintaro, that would be absolutely sick.
Because they aren't considered visual novels in Japan. They're just called "ADV" games if there's high levels of interactivity. Something like Fate on the other hand would be a pure VN rep.

D

Deleted member

If we’re getting new Spirits this week, I’m predicting we finally get some Undertale Spirits.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Yo everyone! I got a proposal!
The ARMS character reveal is imminent, and realistically, the battle is between two characters: Spring Man and Min Min.

So I propose that we start getting into teams to bet on our characters' odds.

The teams are:
#SpringManiacs
#MinMinions

I'm #SpringManiacs

Last edited:

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
Yo everyone! I got a proposal!
The ARMS character reveal is imminent, and realistically, the battle is between two characters: Spring Man and Min Min.

So I propose that we start getting into teams to bet on our characters' odds.

The teams are:
#SpringManiacs
#MinMinions

I'm #SpringManiacs
#MinMinions here.

andree123

Smash Ace
No spirit event but at least we got a 2000s tournament event.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
No new Spirits this week.

Don't think it really mattered either way though. We've gotten new unrelated Spirits the same week as a new character before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom