• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
For the new game I don't know what to say, my #1 game is already repped in Smash, but not very well if you ask me. For Metroid Prime I'd add a Phendrana Drifts stage, first because it's my favorite place in the game, and second because Smash needs more snowy stages. Just like happens with DK stages Metroid has a lot to offer beyond futuristic labs and places with lava.
Then add a better selection of songs for the Prime trilogy. With that I'd be happy, I'm not asking much.

Isn't Squall's gimmick timed hits in FF8? smh his gimmick should be being the best looking guy on the roster and always having a final smash available at high percentages
****, you're right. Didn't remember the timed hits. Only played VIII once and that was a long time ago, honestly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Man, thinking about MvCI still bums me out. That game had so much potential. The gameplay was awesome, Venom is returning to the series is great, and having X, Zero, and Sigma together in a Vs. game still puts a smile on my face. It's a shame that basically everything else relating to the roster, visuals, and marketing **** the bed. If only poor MvCI had a little longer to cook, a little more budget, and less executives with their hands in the pot.

Oh yeah, Smash.

Don't make the next Smash like MvCI. Give games the time, budget, and freedom they need to develop. Nintendo choosing the DLC characters is fine, but let's keep the base game to the devs.
Luckily the issue of MVCI is unique to it due to Disney's difficulty with cooperation and expecting Capcom to fund it entirely themselves, not to mention Marvel becoming a significantly larger brand than a decade ago possibly meanin more expensive licensing fees

blackghost

Smash Champion
No, it's pretty damn objective. Do you know who the three highest scorers on Choose Your Legends 4 were?

Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude. In that order. Female Byleth? Seventh. Male Byleth? Seventeenth.

And combined they barely beat out Marth for fourth.

Byleth is, objectively, significantly less popular than the House Leaders.
to put this in context the marth point is kinda inflated. marth has been losing that vote to various characters for 4 years now. he has a lot of pity/meme support (its hard to tell the difference) Edgard had DOUBLE marth's vote count. edelgard had an outlandish 74,617, the second place female had 42,464.
dimitri ahd 69448 claude 59769.
edelgard is controversal in the stroy but people love and dislike her strongly.

byleth got in because the story of threehouses is about him. and no matter which of the routes you go he's important. plus he had the most gameplay options.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Just like happens with DK stages Metroid has a lot to offer beyond futuristic labs and places with lava.
Really, every platformer just gets World 1 stuff. Even out of the million bajillion Super Mario stages, only about 3 of them aren't based on World 1 (usually a grassland) or the hub area of it's respective game. It does get a bunch of spin-off stages, but we also don't have Bowser's freaking Castle so...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Really, every platformer just gets World 1 stuff. Even out of the million bajillion Super Mario stages, only about 3 of them aren't based on World 1 (usually a grassland) or the hub area of it's respective game. It does get a bunch of spin-off stages, but we also don't have Bowser's freaking Castle so...
Same with Kirby who can't even get a single stage from his modern games. (Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot and Star Allies.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I still can't believe its only one month away from the ARMS and supposedly FP7 reveal. It'll be June as soon as you know it...

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey, so here's an idea. What if Sakurai added content from your favourite game period in Smash? Assuming it already has a character, what content could they bring to make you especially excited? As my favourite game is Order of Ecclesia, it'd be adding Shanoa as a character, Albus as an AT, Rhapsody of the Forsaken, Order of the Demon, Dissonant Courage, Sorrow's Distortion, The Colossus, Lament to the Master, Jaws of a Scorched Earth, Unholy Vespers and A Clashing of Waves. All of this and I would have no right to complain ever again
My favorite game is Smash Ultimate, but just below it is the Ace Attorney series. For the content I would like:

Playable character: Phoenix Wright

Final Smash: Something akin to his super move in MvC3 where he convicts his opponent.

Spirits: Edgeworth, Mia, Mya, Gumshoe, Larry, Francisca Von Karma, The Judge, Apollo, Athena, Trucy, Godot, Manfred Von Karma, Dahlia, Ema Skye, Damon Gant, Kristoph and Klavier Gavin, Blackquill, Nahyuta, Rayfa, Inga Khura'in (realistically they would just add the main characters and maybe a few others like Godot).

Stage: Court

Music:
  • Pursuit Themes
    • Cornered
    • Caught (Trials and Tribulations)
    • Overtaken (Apollo Justice)
    • Keep Pressing On (Dual Destinies)
    • Lying Coldly (Investigations 1)
    • Wanting To Find The Truth (Investigations 2)
  • Objection Themes
    • Ace Attorney 1
    • Trials and Tribulations
    • A New Trial is in Session (Apollo Justice)
    • Dual Destinies
    • Spirit of Justice
    • A New Chapter of Trials (Spirit of Justice)
    • Athena Cykes - Courtroom Revolutionnaire
  • Announce/Tell The Truth Themes
    • Ace Attorney 1
    • Justice For All
    • Trials and Tribulations
    • Apollo Justice
    • Investigations 1
In my dreams, I would want all of the versions of these themes and more but this selection would be my realistic preference.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
If clones are the whole reason people get angry why were the two most unique newcomers for the series the ones that got the most hate?
I don’t know, man. You’re asking me as if i’m the person hating on them. Most people say it’s because they all fight similar and others say it’s because there are too many. I got rid of a few fan favorites that weren’t as unique because the cuts aren’t just about the Fire Emblem fans. Fire Emblem fans might get angry because they want Lucina back, but the rest of the entirety of the Smash community will be happy we don’t have as many Fire Emblem characters.

SKX31

Smash Master
Unless it comes with a broken Meta Knight, it's not truly a Brawl crossover. >.>
It ain't a true Brawl crossover unless the top 4 characters are broken* and most "Depression Tier" characters are Zelda / PKMN characters. (both links timestamped for convinience)

*(I'd say that Brawl's Top 4 characters - :metaknight::popo::olimar::diddy: - are the most broken Top 4 overall, even above Smash 4's :4bayonetta::4cloud::4diddy::4sheik:)

(Nah, not going to go "Aksually, Bowser's Castle's in two stages, as transformations...")

I don't find it surprising, though. World 1 stuff is not only what most people see when it comes to those games (seriously, World 1-1 and Green Hill Zone are so famous that they're really easy nostalgia magnets. Casuals / Average Joes can generally recognize 1-2 and Green Hill's boss, but there's a massive drop off in how many people recognize 1-3 and Marble Zone); they also easily mark what the games are about. Even the subversion, Mushroomy Kingdom, still follows 1-1's design.

Obligatory caveat: Of course, I'm taking a general approach here - exceptions do exist, and so on.

Do I wish there was more variety? Yes, without a doubt. But first impressions are incredibly powerful.

*(That's not counting the number of "rehashes", such as NSMB, Sonic Lost World etc. using really similar starting levels.)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Hey, so here's an idea. What if Sakurai added content from your favourite game period in Smash? Assuming it already has a character, what content could they bring to make you especially excited? As my favourite game is Order of Ecclesia, it'd be adding Shanoa as a character, Albus as an AT, Rhapsody of the Forsaken, Order of the Demon, Dissonant Courage, Sorrow's Distortion, The Colossus, Lament to the Master, Jaws of a Scorched Earth, Unholy Vespers and A Clashing of Waves. All of this and I would have no right to complain ever again
My favorite game is Kingdom Hearts, so…

Fighter: Sora
Echo Fighter: Xion
Stage: Station of Awakening
Assist Trophy: Riku
Spirits:
  1. Riku (:starman::starman:)—>D-Mode Riku (:starman::starman::starman:)
  2. Kairi (:starman:)
  3. Shadow (:starman:)—>Demon Tide (:starman::starman::starman:)
  4. Dusk (:starman::starman:)
  5. Soldier (:starman::starman:)
  6. Large Body (:starman::starman:)—>Helmed Body (:starman::starman::starman:)
  7. Darkside (:starman::starman:)
  8. Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (:starman::starman::starman:)—>Ansem and Guardian (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  9. Vexen (:starman::starman:)
  10. Ienzo (:starman:)—>Zexion (:starman::starman:)
  11. Lexaeus (:starman::starman::starman:)
  12. Larxene (:starman::starman::starman:)
  13. Marluxia (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  14. Lea (:starman::starman:)—>Axel (:starman::starman::starman:)
  15. Isa (:starman::starman:)—>Saïx (:starman::starman::starman:)
  16. Demyx (:starman::starman:)
  17. Luxord (:starman::starman:)
  18. Xaldin (:starman::starman::starman:)
  19. Braig (:starman::starman:)—>Xigbar (:starman::starman::starman:)
  20. Xemnas (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  21. Roxas (:starman::starman:)—>Roxas (Oathkeeper and Oblivion) (:starman::starman::starman:)
  22. Xion (:starman::starman::starman:)—>Xion (Final Form) (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  23. Ventus (:starman::starman:)
  24. Aqua (:starman::starman:)
  25. Terra (:starman::starman::starman:)—>Lingering Will (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  26. Vanitas (:starman::starman:)—>Vanitas (Unmasked) (:starman::starman::starman:)
  27. Young Xehanort (:starman::starman::starman:)—>Master Xehanort (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
For the sake of aesthetic variety between stages, I really hope none of the newcomers in this pass come with a stage that is set in a grassland. I'm so sick of grasslands

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Are we sure they'll announce the FP7 there? I mean, it's likely but I don't think we've seen any proof for that.
That's why I said supposedly. Lets hope so though the ARMS rep will be more then enough to be worth the wait. I could see an Mewtwo/Terry level tease at most.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Same with Kirby who can't even get a single stage from his modern games. (Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot and Star Allies.)
Though the Kirby stages do get more location variety (about as Much as the Super Mario series even though it has less stages), but it is kinda sad that the games that this generation grew up with still only get a few songs and a Final Smash.

(Nah, not going to go "Aksually, Bowser's Castle's in two stages, as transformations...")
Two? I remember the abomination that's in the Paper Mario stage, but what's the other one? Are you talking about the tower portion of Mushroom Kingdom U?

I don't find it surprising, though. World 1 stuff is not only what most people see when it comes to those games (seriously, World 1-1 and Green Hill Zone are so famous that they're really easy nostalgia magnets. Casuals / Average Joes can generally recognize 1-2 and Green Hill's boss, but there's a massive drop off in how many people recognize 1-3 and Marble Zone); they also easily mark what the games are about. Even the subversion, Mushroomy Kingdom, still follows 1-1's design.

Obligatory caveat: Of course, I'm taking a general approach here - exceptions do exist, and so on.

Do I wish there was more variety? Yes, without a doubt. But first impressions are incredibly powerful.
True, but I'd argue that once we have World 1-1, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, etc. We don't need two or three more World 1-1, but from another game stages or Jungle Japes, but again stages. We definitely do need our Green Hill Zones and whatnot, but once they add them, they should probably move on to other memorable stages for the people actually played through the game. A lot of the newer Super Mario stages are halfway there by cycling through different areas, though most of them are still grasslands.

EDIT: That's not to say I hate any of these stages, I'd just like to see more variety going forward. And a freaking Bowser's Castle stage that isn't 1/3 of the stage, and also one of the most awkward stages to play on.

For the sake of aesthetic variety between stages, I really hope none of the newcomers in this pass come with a stage that is set in a grassland. I'm so sick of grasslands
"We are pleased to announce Tails, who will come with Emerald Hill Zone as his stage."
"And Midna, who will come with Twilight Princess's Hyrule Field as her stage."

At least Banjo & Kazooie have a distinct artstyle that makes their grassland unique looking. That and it's more mountainey.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
As for the next Smash game, I propose that, in exchange for the roster cut, we get new modes and a full-on, brand new story mode with cutscenes like Subspace Emissary. Focus on improving the online for once and revamp several characters like Donkey Kong and Ganondorf. Characters who have outdated/basic movesets and characters who copy other characters need an updated moveset that is better representative of their character within their own universe. Bring back old modes like Break the Targets and Smash Run, make them bigger and better, and add in new modes. Bring back a lot of the modes we currently have but make minor additions and improvements here and there. Add Online Squad Strike, make customization tournaments online, and overall make the online better. Make it so that people get the settings they want. Make it so that they can wait longer to find other players with similar settings. And for the love of god, make it so that you can switch characters in between matches in Free Play.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Here's my prediction on the way things will go for the rest of the pass:

Fighter #1: Announced in a June "Sakurai presents", released later that month or in early-mid July 2020
Fighter #2: Announced in Nintendo's E3 replacement direct, released in September/October 2020
Fighter #3: Also announced in Nintendo's E3 replacement direct, released in December/January 2020
Fighter #4: Announced in a February/March Nintendo direct, releases April/May 2021
Fighter #5: Announced in E3 2021 (assuming E3 is still a thing next year, if not, generic summer Nintendo direct), releases August/September 2021
Fighter #6: Announced in a November/December 2021 "Sakurai presents", released later that month.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Fighter #1: Announced in a June "Sakurai presents", released later that month or in early-mid July 2020
Fighter #2: Announced in Nintendo's E3 replacement direct, released in September/October 2020
Fighter #3: Also announced in Nintendo's E3 replacement direct, released in December/January 2020
Fighter #4: Announced in a February/March Nintendo direct, releases April/May 2021
Fighter #5: Announced in E3 2021 (assuming E3 is still a thing next year, if not, generic summer Nintendo direct), releases August/September 2021
Fighter #6: Announced in a November/December 2021 "Sakurai presents", released later that month.
I'd love for that to be true but I think 3 announcements of an Pass on the same month said to run for the span of two years is pretty unlikely...At most I could see FP6 and FP7.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

They already said that the ARMS fighter is gonna be revealed and released at the same time in June. So i’m willing to bet FP7 is getting released in late August

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Realistically I can't see Fire Emblem dipping below five characters at the very least in the next Smash. Six if we get a newcomer. Not really sorry if that upsets you tbh.
I think it mostly relies on the direction the series goes. If echos stay, then absolutely, if echos get cut, it is a little murkier.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly the stage selection as a whole leaves a lot to be desired.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Only people I see angry are those butthurt about the discussion. It's always the same every time the subject comes up, allegedly it's a topic that's inflammatory and whatever but it never turns out that way.
Inflammatory or not, it's still off-topic for this thread.

Hey, so here's an idea. What if Sakurai added content from your favourite game period in Smash? Assuming it already has a character, what content could they bring to make you especially excited?
Well, there's no Dishonored content in Smash. So they could add Corvo as a playable character. And that'd be...that'd be all right.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly the stage selection as a whole leaves a lot to be desired.
Which is kinda sad considering almost all of the past stages are here. I bet it's because certain stages keep replacing others, so they feel the need to make it similar to a previous stage, hence all the World 1-1 stages and such. Hopefully the next game will keep the essentials, and make new everything else.

I don't think they'll do this, but if they were to add solo stages, which ones would you guys want? Doesn't matter what series it comes from, or how many stages it already has.

SKX31

Smash Master
Though the Kirby stages do get more location variety (about as Much as the Super Mario series even though it has less stages), but it is kinda sad that the games that this generation grew up with still only get a few songs and a Final Smash.

Two? I remember the abomination that's in the Paper Mario stage, but what's the other one? Are you talking about the tower portion of Mushroom Kingdom U?

True, but I'd argue that once we have World 1-1, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, etc. We don't need two or three more World 1-1, but from another game stages or Jungle Japes, but again stages. We definitely do need our Green Hill Zones and whatnot, but once they add them, they should probably move on to other memorable stages for the people actually played through the game. A lot of the newer Super Mario stages are halfway there by cycling through different areas, though most of them are still grasslands.
I count that as Bowser's Castle for convinience sake (because the towers are - usually - Bowser or Boss stages in U, just like they were in SMB1). As for the Paper Mario stage, yeah. Wouldn't call it an outright abomination myself, but it really, really starts on the wrong foot. Sticker Star is a prime example that simple gameplay experimentation does not always work out. Especially not when said gameplay experimentation takes too much priority.

And I do agree that we've had enough 1-1 stages already.

I do agree with most of it, albeit as Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester said three characters within the same month feels a tad unlikely.

If anything, Fighter #3 feels more likely to be revealed around Fighter #2's release or shortly before / after. I've been contemplating China's E3 - ChinaJoy (Late July / Early August) - as a possible wildcard for either 2020 or 2021 (since Ultimate's yet to officially release there), but I'm not committing to that idea unless there's actual movement on that front.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Made one for Kiryu. While trying to decide on the Mii costumes, I really think that Sega should try to pursue their own crossover fighter of their own IPs.

View attachment 271448
This is amazing! Though I do find it a bit lacking in the songs department, I'd personally put more final boss themes like "For Who's Sake", "A Scattered Moment" and "Fly". Also I'd definitely rep Yakuza 3-6 songs-wise. Though for the rest I cannot complain! Just imagine a jazzy remix of "Baka Mitai" where a saxophone takes the lead! Also the fact that the Majima and Haruka Spirits are able to enhance is perfect, it really captures the essence of Yakuza well, with the passing of time and character growth being main aspects of the series.

A neat concept for the Kamurocho stage would be where depending on which game the song comes from is playing, a set of characters from that specific game would appear on the stage. For example if a track of Yakuza 4 is playing: Shu Akiyama, Saejima (Y4), Haruka (Y4) and Tanimura would appear in the background. If a track from Yakuza 0 would play, Majima (Y0), Nishiki (Y0), Lee and Kashiwagi (Y0) would appear.
So kind of like the KOF stage, but instead of an individual character appearing with a certain song, an entire set cast would. It also won't cause something like Majima (Y0) appearing alongside Ryuji in the background for example, which is chronologically impossible. And time is a pretty important factor in the Yakuza series after all.

It'd at least be a way for Kaoru to finally come back when a Yakuza 2 song is playing ;-;

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well, there's no Dishonored content in Smash. So they could add Corvo as a playable character. And that'd be...that'd be all right.
You are probably the first person to bring up Dishonored when it comes to Smash. Good job and good pick of a game. I recently played it for the first game and its a great game.

I don't think they'll do this, but if they were to add solo stages, which ones would you guys want? Doesn't matter what series it comes from, or how many stages it already has.
Bowser's Castle
Civilization Stage (btw we are currently rating this in the RTC thread if anyone is interested)
Tetris stage (I'm surprised this ain't already a thing, same for Bowser's Castle)
If we don't get Steve then I would love a Minecraft stage.
Finally, I want Poke Floats, Rainbow Road, Pac Maze and Jungle Hijinx to return.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly Fighter 3 feels like it makes sense for for an announcement in the Nintendo Fall Direct in September 2020 to come out circa November/December (assuming a presentation happens then). Even with likely lingering effects of the pandemic, no new fighters announced for 8 months just seems less likely than spacing it out and ensuring the Fall presentation gets some attention especially given that every single general Direct since March 2018 has had Smash news in it. Plus if Fighter 7 is a significant character, between that and the ARMS reveal, it does feel like that's enough to satiate most people.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I count that as Bowser's Castle for convinience sake (because the towers are - usually - Bowser or Boss stages in U, just like they were in SMB1).
I personally don't because the tower levels don't have the same iconography as castle levels, and the boss is almost always Boom Boom. (Though I think in SMBWII you just fought the Koopalings twice.)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Which is kinda sad considering almost all of the past stages are here. I bet it's because certain stages keep replacing others, so they feel the need to make it similar to a previous stage, hence all the World 1-1 stages and such. Hopefully the next game will keep the essentials, and make new everything else.

We NEED a Tetris stage; preferably one resembling the Game Boy Tetris.
AF3D1B7C-DE5B-4723-9D14-E7ADAD29A863.png

(by Miralupa on DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/miralupa/art/Super-Smash-Bros-Retro-110471655)
Finally, I want Poke Gloats
Ah, yes, my favorite kind of gloating

POKÉ gloating.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
This is amazing! Though I do find it a bit lacking in the songs department, I'd personally put more final boss themes like "For Who's Sake", "A Scattered Moment" and "Fly". Also I'd definitely rep Yakuza 3-6 songs-wise. Though for the rest I cannot complain! Just imagine a jazzy remix of "Baka Mitai" where a saxophone takes the lead! Also the fact that the Majima and Haruka Spirits are able to enhance is perfect, it really captures the essence of Yakuza well, with the passing of time and character growth being main aspects of the series.

A neat concept for the Kamurocho stage would be where depending on which game the song comes from is playing, a set of characters from that specific game would appear on the stage. For example if a track of Yakuza 4 is playing: Shu Akiyama, Saejima (Y4), Haruka (Y4) and Tanimura would appear in the background. If a track from Yakuza 0 would play, Majima (Y0), Nishiki (Y0), Lee and Kashiwagi (Y0) would appear.
So kind of like the KOF stage, but instead of an individual character appearing with a certain song, an entire set cast would. It also won't cause something like Majima (Y0) appearing alongside Ryuji in the background for example, which is chronologically impossible. And time is a pretty important factor in the Yakuza series after all.

It'd at least be a way for Kaoru to finally come back when a Yakuza 2 song is playing ;-;
I try to limit myself to 10 songs since that seems to be the average barring the SNK anomaly, there's all ways going to be some glaring omissions in the soundtrack department. I personally haven't got to play 3-6 yet so my knowledge is lacking of those games.

I love the idea of the cameos based on the music!

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

I know you’re talking about a game I know nothing about and I shouldn’t butt in talking about some completely different game- but why didn’t they do that stage cameo thing for Mementos??

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hey, so here's an idea. What if Sakurai added content from your favourite game period in Smash? Assuming it already has a character, what content could they bring to make you especially excited? As my favourite game is Order of cclesia, it'd be adding Shanoa as a character, Albus as an AT, Rhapsody of the Forsaken, Order of the Demon, Dissonant Courage, Sorrow's Distortion, The Colossus, Lament to the Master, Jaws of a Scorched Earth, Unholy Vespers and A Clashing of Waves. All of this and I would have no right to complain ever again
My actual number one is Smash Ultimate, so I'm gonna go to number 2, Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver. The ideal HGSS fighter pass would be...

Fighter: Johto Trainer ( :157:,:214:,:181:). Half of the alts use Ethan, Two of them use Lyra, and two of them use Kris from Crystal.

Stage: The Burnt Tower. We see the tower burn over the course of the match, finishing at the level of destruction seen in the Johto games. The legendary Beasts and Birds show up.

Pokeball Pokemon: Bring back :250:,:243:, Weavile, and:202:. Add one for :149:.

Music: Johto Wild Pokemon, Johto trainer, Johto Gym Leader, Johto Team Rocket, VS Entei/Raikou/Suicune, VS Ho-Oh, VS Lugia, VS Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, VS Johto/Sinnoh Fronteir Brain, and roughly fifty versions of the VS Lance/Red theme.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Spirits:
  8. Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (:starman::starman::starman:)—>Ansem and Guardian (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  21. Roxas (:starman::starman:)—>Roxas (Oathkeeper and Oblivion) (:starman::starman::starman:)
  22. Xion (:starman::starman::starman:)—>Xion (Final Form) (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  25. Terra (:starman::starman::starman:)—>Lingering Will (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
  26. Vanitas (:starman::starman:)—>Vanitas (Unmasked) (:starman::starman::starman:)
  27. Young Xehanort (:starman::starman::starman:)—>Master Xehanort (:starman::starman::starman::starman:)
Id see his echo being Ventus or Roxas more

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I know you’re talking about a game I know nothing about and I shouldn’t butt in talking about some completely different game- but why didn’t they do that stage cameo thing for Mementos??
Probably because they were laser focused on Persona 5 and thought making the stage a gaudy yellow and a really nice blue color would suffice. I think it's fine, but it bothers me that they didn't do it for the song that's not from Persona 3-onward (forgot which one it was specifically from again. Yes I know it's the velvet room theme, which is in all of them, I'm just talking about the specific rendition of it whose origin I don't remember).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Probably because they were laser focused on Persona 5 and thought making the stage a gaudy yellow and a really nice blue color would suffice. I think it's fine, but it bothers me that they didn't do it for the song that's not from Persona 3-onward (forgot which one it was specifically from again. Yes I know it's the velvet room theme, which is in all of them, I'm just talking about the specific rendition of it whose origin I don't remember).
Aria of the Soul, from Persona 1 (or as it’s called in Sounds, “Revelations: Persona”), right?

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Hey, so here's an idea. What if Sakurai added content from your favourite game period in Smash? Assuming it already has a character, what content could they bring to make you especially excited?
There's not a lot of content from Bowser's Inside Story that's missing in Smash. A Fawful assist trophy that acts like Resetti, a Dark Bowser alternate for Bowser, and more spirits are all I can think of.

Spirits:
Honest question: Do you and other Sora supporters ignore the Disney content because you don't want it or because you don't think Sakurai would include it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom