• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's not a fine Metroid game.
Ah sure it was. It was just so different that a lot of people hated it. Core gameplay is a lot of fun and intense and the cooperative side of it, like Triforce heroes, is phenomenal. Problem is how many irl friends do you have that own a 3DS and Federation Force? Probably none, and that's a shame because Next Level Games nailed the cooperative gameplay of the game but the fact that it focuses so heavily on co-op is to it's detriment for sure.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's not a fine Metroid game.
Games are allowed to have spin-offs. But a spin-off during a Metroid drought was bad timing.

I don't hear Kirby fans complain about Epic Yarn.

Different artsyle? ✔
Different gameplay mechanics? ✔
Made by a different studio? ✔

Kirby's Epic Yarn is pretty much the same case as Federation Force, but it's not hated.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Games are allowed to have spin-offs. But a spin-off during a Metroid drought was bad timing.

Different artsyle? ✔

Kirby's Epic Yarn is pretty much the same case as Federation Force, but it's not hated.
I freaking loved Kirby Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland so much long time ago!

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
As much as I really want Crash and Master Chief in, I'm gonna go with Rex because there's a sense of urgency in his inclusion. If he doesn't get in now he probably won't get in future installments.
One can hope.
Anyway, to move onto something more productive, if you could pick one spirit to upgrade to playable, who would you pick? However, there's a condition: it must be a Novice spirit.
Merric. Others that stand out the most are Plague Knight and Morag, who could be cool if her weapon(s) worked like a whip sword and not just a whip (I also don't like the aesthetic of using two whip swords as much as just one.).
Steve can emote with his eyes. Characters' eyes blink in Bedrock Edition and actually move their pupils in Dungeons (not just in the cinematics). He can express personality through body language, too, and a lot of people find him fun whether through their ideas of his moveset or actually liking him as a character they're attached to through associating him as the main dude from Minecraft.

And he does show off a bit of personality in official videos/animations in gifs etc./other media from Mojang. Minecraft's instagram has some gifs like that.

Also this fanmade animation:

And examples of how Minecraft characters can show expressions, from official videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICi2cjdzN1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJczpIdONjs

To say Steve can't express personality is ignorance. Characters' lack of expression in the main game isn't even canonical.

And if you think Steve would look boring as a fighter, then heck, a mii costume would be worse. Also, Game & Watch fits what you're saying too if not more, especially before Ultimate; even in Ultimate, his expressions are just frozen faces, his body language helping to convey more personality and make him more fun, just as it would for Steve alongside Steve possibly being able to move his eyes and maybe his mouth thanks to changing pixels or something; sounds, too.

There's a reason why Minecraft entities feel like they have personality even though most of them don't even change their face in the main game.
No way, a Mii costume for Steve would look like ass. A Mii costume would bend the arms and legs which goes against the charm and aesthetic of Minecraft. Even Minecraft Dungeons, a game that is focused entirely on combat, doesn't break the bending rule and makes sure to follow it.

As a matter of fact, the opening cinematic follows the rule so diligently that it does it even in a situation where the knee would bend.
View attachment 269469
They will never put the Robotic Operating Buddy in Smash, he's literally made of plastic and can't do anything but swivel his arms around. There's no way they'd ever find a way to convey personality through that.

...Look I'm not a Steve supporter, but I think people really underestimate the developers sometimes.
How's that "stop making half-asses, tired pseudo arguments to pass your dislike as a legitimate point against a character's chances" is the same thing as building an echo chamber for you?
No it’s more like “can yall please actually have legitimate arguments if you’re gonna pass your opinion as fact?” All the arguments that “go against” Steve are poorly-researched arguments that are entirely opinionated anyway, especially the moveset one since it should be pretty clear he has a huge arsenal to pick from. And when Steve is brought up, it’s already an echo chamber of Steve supporters/people who are open to him trying to explain how he’d work with Mojang’s work itself already disproving the arguments people have against him, and the echo chamber is always caused by the people against him.
Okay, but people who hate Steve think "I don't like his face" is a legit argument instead of just an opinion.

Yes, most of what you feel about characters don't matter that much. You can say Bayo is too suggestive for Smash or Snake is too realistic or Terry isn't unique enough for your taste but you also have to acknowledge that developers have different priorities.

I think that's one of the biggest problems with Steve (and overall Smash, really) speculation: Fans genuinely struggling to separate their feelings from reality.

EDIT: Also, agreed that some Steve fans can act over-defensive but man, people who supposedly don't care about Steve sure adore talking about him.
People here too often fail to distinguish between claims concerning what should be in Smash and claims concerning what is or is likely in Smash. If someone says that Steve shouldn't get in for whatever reason, it shouldn't be assumed that they are claiming he can't or won't get in Smash.

Mr. G&W, R.O.B., Samus, etc. being in Smash are necessarily counterexamples only to the argument that Steve can't get in. If one isn't making that argument, they don't prove anything. I think Steve shouldn't get in because he looks bad. I also think R.O.B. looks bad, and he should never have been added. Mr. G&W has worn out his welcome, and I would be pissed if he were added as DLC now. Still, he doesn't look as bad to me as Steve does.

It doesn't really matter if a Steve Mii costume would look worse than a Steve fighter. The point is that it's not taking the development time of a fighter.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Every Metroid game is made by a different studio, they don't have a dedicated development team like Mario and Zelda do in Nintendo R&D1/'the main Nintendo team', or a developer who literally put out nothing but games for the franchise like HAL with Kirby. At best you have Retro who only ever made Metroid Prime, and not even all of the Metroid Prime games; Hunters was Nintendo Software Technology, Other M brought in Team Ninja, Federation Force was Next Level Games, Samus Returns was MercurySteam.

It's the difference between a kid spending the weekend at their grandparents house and an orphan who gets kicked from house to house.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
People here too often fail to distinguish between claims concerning what should be in Smash and claims concerning what is or is likely in Smash. If someone says that Steve shouldn't get in for whatever reason, it shouldn't be assumed that they are claiming he can't or won't get in Smash.

Mr. G&W, R.O.B., Samus, etc. being in Smash are necessarily counterexamples only to the argument that Steve can't get in. If one isn't making that argument, they don't prove anything. I think Steve shouldn't get in because he looks bad. I also think R.O.B. looks bad, and he should never have been added. Mr. G&W has worn out his welcome, and I would be pissed if he were added as DLC now. Still, he doesn't look as bad to me as Steve does.

It doesn't really matter if a Steve Mii costume would look worse than a Steve fighter. The point is that it's not taking the development time of a fighter.
Their argument was that Steve shouldn't be in Smash because he couldn't display personality with his limited movement. I provided a counterpoint because I disagreed with that reasoning.

"I don't like Steve because I think he's ugly" is an entirely different point that's much harder to argue against.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Speaking of Metroid, does anyone remember Samus Returns and how they specifically said that Smash fans would like the new secret boss (Ridley)? They even played a voice clip of one of his screeches.

In hindsight, that probably should've been a bigger hint to people that Ridley was in Ultimate.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Games are allowed to have spin-offs.
I'd rather they didn't.

If you're going to do something that's nothing like the series you're naming the game after...just do a new thing instead. Make NEW characters and a NEW story to go with your completely new mechanics. Don't just slap the name of something else on it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of Metroid, does anyone remember Samus Returns and how they specifically said that Smash fans would like the new secret boss (Ridley)? They even played a voice clip of one of his screeches.

In hindsight, that probably should've been a bigger hint to people that Ridley was in Ultimate.
This is what Ridley fans also speculated at that time. In hindsight, Ridley in Samus Returns did have some similarities to Smash Ultimate Ridley, and how hunched over they fight and all.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'd rather they didn't.

If you're going to do something that's nothing like the series you're naming the game after...just do a new thing instead. Make NEW characters and a NEW story to go with your completely new mechanics. Don't just slap the name of something else on it.
Shouldn't companies be able to take fracnhises in wildly different directions though and experiment? isn't it good to see how developers can take worlds and give them different spins or give us different ways or working our way through them? Shouldn't we want companies to think up completely new mechanics for games? It's because of such experimentation we got stuff like:

Super Mario RPG or the various other Mario RPGs

Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Not necessarily a spin-off, but still widly different from any game before it, including Castlevania 2

Pokemon Snap or the Mystery Dungeon games (haven't played myself but they certainly have a following

Final Fantasy Tactics or Final Fantasy Dissidia

Metal gear Solid Revengence

And probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting

Sure, you could technically had made any of these games with different characters or create a different franchise with them, that said these games aren't any lesser or worse for being a part of an already existing franchise either. Sometimes people want to be able to see and do new things with stuff they are familiar with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, the Sonic series would feel a lot more boring to me without the spin-offs. That's how we got characters like Cream's debut, we got awesome ones like Emerl, Shadow became significantly more interesting to me thanks to his own game(which really only continued what his theme song and various stage themes talked about. He was always a rather dark, gloomy, and edgy character. He just didn't 100% act like that. Plus, the memes are great!). And that's just one example. We wouldn't even have the Chaotix if it weren't for that, and they're a really neat bunch of characters.

Mario? Man, the characters would be almost entirely boring. They barely have any real characterization outside of the spin-offs spicing up their personality. Toad got a lot more. Besides that, we wouldn't even have Super Mario or Donkey Kong Country, which are spin-offs of the Donkey Kong Arcade series. We'd literally be stuck with Jumpman, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Stanley the Bugman, and Pauline. Mario himself is the same guy. There would be no Cranky Kong, or Diddy Kong, etc.

Spin-offs actually improve game franchises heavily. Not all are a great game, but sometimes the characterization alone makes it better. Paper Mario is an amazing take on an alternate version of Mario(and actually is its own separate world with separate people. Confirmed in-universe too. The Mario & Luigi series is the only one that's apparently the same as the regular Mario).

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd rather they didn't.

I'm so glad some people here will never become game developers.

Imagine rejecting the potential of so many franchises purely because of the unfounded idea that worldbuilding must be inseparable from gameplay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm so glad some people here will never become game developers.

Imagine rejecting the potential of so many franchises purely because of the unfounded idea that worldbuilding must be inseparable from gameplay.
Honestly, worldbuilding is amazing. We've gotten so much cool stuff thanks to it. Spin-offs have improved characters. Showing other sides to them in general.

Mario wouldn't be anywhere near as unique of a personality if it wasn't for spin-offs, as well as the cartoon. Luigi would be boring for the same reasons. Him being scared easily massively made him more than Mario 2.0. And that started in the cartoons, though he wasn't nearly as frightened easily. Come Luigi's Mansion and we see a whole new depth to him.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If you're making a spin-off, the most important thing is taking the original universe and still having lot of references will changing the gameplay and mechanics. Hyrule warriors is an excellent spin-off because there's so many references to characters and items from Zelda. Metal gear rising is a great spin-off because it's a new twist on a beloved franchises and it add more character to Raiden. Mario & Luigi sub-franchises works well because it takes the character we know and give them a lot of personality amd expand a lot their world with new area and vilains.

Where Federation force failed is that there's literally no Metroid in that game (aside from the fact that the game is happening in space). You couldn't have made Hyrule warriors without Zelda character because the point of the game was fanservice. You couldn't have made Metal gear raising without Metal gear or Mario & Luigi without Mario because they are expansion of their respective universe. You could have made easily Federation force without Metroid because it brings nothing to the Metroid franchise. The only reason that the game exists is for teasing Prime 4 at the end and that's it.

D

Deleted member

Without spinoffs, we wouldn't get series like Persona, Dragon Quest Monsters, Megaman X or any other Megaman spinoff series, Mario Land (and by extension, no Wario), Paper Mario.

Spinoffs aren't inherently good or bad, but they're have been great ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
smash bros pachinko spin-off

implying steve would actually be a mii costume from a functional standpoint

if i want steve in smash some way, it's not gonna be in a way that makes him look like he's in a futuristichub video

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly, worldbuilding is amazing. We've gotten so much cool stuff thanks to it. Spin-offs have improved characters. Showing other sides to them in general.

Mario wouldn't be anywhere near as unique of a personality if it wasn't for spin-offs, as well as the cartoon. Luigi would be boring for the same reasons. Him being scared easily massively made him more than Mario 2.0. And that started in the cartoons, though he wasn't nearly as frightened easily. Come Luigi's Mansion and we see a whole new depth to him.
I don't remember any of the spin-offs changing Mario's personality aside from the Mario Strikers series where everyone was aggressive, and that one other sports game where he stomped on Luigi's foot.

Peach and Bowser in the RPGs though. It's amazing how Super Mario RPG turned her from literally just a MacGuffin to a character who sneaks away to join the heroes because she feels the situation is more important than her safety, and doesn't care that her servants don't feel the same. This kind of attitude has carried over throughout the Paper Mario series as well (except for the first one but even then she had a bit more agency). EDIT: Except in Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Paper Mario Color Splash as well, where everyone except Huey was just a cardboard cutout.

Bowser became a 3 dimensional anti-hero who gets to show off his soft side pretty much any time his minions are present. And for a long-time villain, he has surprisingly good chemistry with the rest of the group. He's pretty well written in the other RPGs, but thinking about it, I think Super Mario RPG's version of the character makes me like the others less. lol

Where Federation force failed is that there's literally no Metroid in that game (aside from the fact that the game is happening in space). You couldn't have made Hyrule warriors without Zelda character because the point of the game was fanservice. You couldn't have made Metal gear raising without Metal gear or Mario & Luigi without Mario because they are expansion of their respective universe. You could have made easily Federation force without Metroid because it brings nothing to the Metroid franchise. The only reason that the game exists is for teasing Prime 4 at the end and that's it.
What? That's not true! Samus appears that one time. :4pacman:

More seriously though I think the Federation Force was an established organization from the Metroid Prime series, and you do fight the Space Pirates at some point. I haven't played it, but I think it at least had the potential to world build what goes beyond what Samus has to deal with.

EDIT EDIT: I just realized how ironic it is that we're discussing the legitimacy of spin-off games in a Super Smash Bros. Forum.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
More seriously though I think the Federation Force was an established organization from the Metroid Prime series, and you do fight the Space Pirates at some point. I haven't played it, but I think it at least had the potential to world build what goes beyond what Samus has to deal with.
It's more that Fed Force was just so generic in every aspect, even the story. You could sub in any other Sci-Fi universe and there'd be very little difference.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't remember any of the spin-offs changing Mario's personality aside from the Mario Strikers series where everyone was aggressive, and that one other sports game where he stomped on Luigi's foot.

Peach and Bowser in the RPGs though. It's amazing how Super Mario RPG turned her from literally just a MacGuffin to a character who sneaks away to join the heroes because she feels the situation is more important than her safety, and doesn't care that her servants don't feel the same. This kind of attitude has carried over throughout the Paper Mario series as well (except for the first one but even then she had a bit more agency). EDIT: Except in Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Paper Mario Color Splash as well, where everyone except Huey was just a cardboard cutout.

Bowser became a 3 dimensional anti-hero who gets to show off his soft side pretty much any time his minions are present. And for a long-time villain, he has surprisingly good chemistry with the rest of the group. He's pretty well written in the other RPGs, but thinking about it, I think Super Mario RPG's version of the character makes me like the others less. lol
The RPG's build on Mario's personality, though it's not massively. He had practically none other than the most basic of animations(like his death animation). That's where he started to really get some. SMRPG isn't the shining bit for Mario's personality, but it did start it up a bit. That or it was Super Mario Kart that added a tiny bit. Super Mario 64 did a little as well. Paper Mario is where he began to have an actual angry face in itself. Mario & Luigi continued the idea as well not terribly much later on.

But as I noted, Mario got his first straight-out personality from the cartoons. Though maybe there were comics/manga/anime beforehand on that, but that's at least one of the earliest spots where he had a real personality. This is before the SNES dropped too.

Ironically Ryu was bland outside of the live-action movie. XD Despite having tons of games(spin-offs included) where they could build on him. They never did.

Eh, Color Splash actually had some good personality. It was Sticker Star that had almost nothing. CS basically went for the classic PM humor in general, and managed to pull it off. Like, they started to get back into the rpg mechanics besides item management and turn-based, including proper level ups, characters who are unique and have some personality, etc.

Anyway, Mario has evolved over the years due to non-core game materials, even if it didn't start strictly due to a "spin-off".

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i remember blast ball being some tech demo for the 3DS or some idea for a standalone game, and then all of a sudden it became a game mode in federation force. it was such a non-metroid thing that was a part of a completely different project that got thrown in there, and i think that also set people off.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
EDIT EDIT: I just realized how ironic it is that we're discussing the legitimacy of spin-off games in a Super Smash Bros. Forum.
Tell me about it.

Also yeah, Mario's extended cast really went out and made a name for themselves via spinoffs. No one would even bother thinking about Wario or Daisy these days if not for the spinoffs reviving their popularity and keeping them important, much less have been vying for them in Smash at all.

Wario's main line Mario games consist of what? Super Mario Land 2 and arguably(as it's an 'enhanced' port) Mario 64 DS as far as I recall. No way he'd be remembered as fondly without his Wario Land and Ware games.

Then there's Mario Kart which really is the defacto kart racer...in fact the Kart racer genre is always inherently a spinoff whether it's Mario, Crash or even Sonic at the wheel.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Federation Force failed because it was the first game in nearly a decade, imagine if Zelda stopped getting games for 8 years and then after all that time, Nintendo shows they've been listening to the fans by announcing Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland 2
Japanese fans would be even more slighted since it's just a localization and not even a new game. lol

The RPG's build on Mario's personality, though it's not massively. He had practically none other than the most basic of animations(like his death animation). That's where he started to really get some. SMRPG isn't the shining bit for Mario's personality, but it did start it up a bit. That or it was Super Mario Kart that added a tiny bit. Super Mario 64 did a little as well. Paper Mario is where he began to have an actual angry face in itself. Mario & Luigi continued the idea as well not terribly much later on.

But as I noted, Mario got his first straight-out personality from the cartoons. Though maybe there were comics/manga/anime beforehand on that, but that's at least one of the earliest spots where he had a real personality. This is before the SNES dropped too.

Ironically Ryu was bland outside of the live-action movie. XD Despite having tons of games(spin-offs included) where they could build on him. They never did.

Eh, Color Splash actually had some good personality. It was Sticker Star that had almost nothing. CS basically went for the classic PM humor in general, and managed to pull it off. Like, they started to get back into the rpg mechanics besides item management and turn-based, including proper level ups, characters who are unique and have some personality, etc.

Anyway, Mario has evolved over the years due to non-core game materials, even if it didn't start strictly due to a "spin-off".
I think what tripped me up is the fact that Mario's personality was (almost) always consistent, and very rarely nuanced like the other three core series members (not that that's a bad thing). The spin-offs are just where he was able to start showing actual human emotions.

Paper Mario: Color Splash's writing wasn't awful, but its humor was the kind of lamp-shading nudge nudge wink wink kinda humor that the Sonic the Hedgehog series has been using for a while now. Can't say I'm a fan. (Either that or the game's mechanics ruined my enjoyment of the dialogue. Probably a bit of both.)

Also yeah, Mario's extended cast really went out and made a name for themselves via spinoffs. No one would even bother thinking about Wario or Daisy these days if not for the spinoffs reviving their popularity and keeping them important, much less have been vying for them in Smash at all.
The mainline series really needs to do something with these characters beyond the Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Mario Sports series. I'd settle for Wario and Daisy reprising their roles from the Super Mario Land series as long as it means they make an appearance. And bring Waluigi with them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Different artsyle? ✔

The major difference is that the Kirby series still has games ongoing at the time so a spin-off could be enjoyed for being a spin-off.

It's what I call the Nuts and Bolts effect. If a game has been absent for ages, a spin-off will be treated as an imposition and a loss of direction rather than enjoyed on it's own merits.

And before anyone says anything about Metroid Prime, it came out alongside Metroid Fusion so they were hedging their bets there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The major difference is that the Kirby series still has games ongoing at the time so a spin-off could be enjoyed for being a spin-off.

It's what I call the Nuts and Bolts effect. If a game has been absent for ages, a spin-off will be treated as an imposition and a loss of direction rather than enjoyed on it's own merits.

And before anyone says anything about Metroid Prime, it came out alongside Metroid Fusion so they were hedging their bets there.
Eh, Metroid Prime also had the typical Metroid design, just in a first person perspective and in 3D

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tell me about it.

Wario's main line Mario games consist of what? Super Mario Land 2 and arguably(as it's an 'enhanced' port) Mario 64 DS as far as I recall. No way he'd be remembered as fondly without his Wario Land and Ware games.

Then there's Mario Kart which really is the defacto kart racer...in fact the Kart racer genre is always inherently a spinoff whether it's Mario, Crash or even Sonic at the wheel.
Speaking of expanded casts, Yoshi and Luigi could really benifit from expanding just a little more as both are still stuck under the Main Mario series shadow

Donkey Kong and Wario both got their own villains and supporting cast but while Yoshi got rid of Baby Mario, he is forever fighting Baby Bowser and Luigi only fought Bowser once but is still saving Mario.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Eh, Metroid Prime also had the typical Metroid design, just in a first person perspective and in 3D
This can't be said for Federation Force, which has none of the standard Metroid gameplay elements and was just a generic sci-fi game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, many spin-offs aren't based upon regular gameplay. I do agree the issue with FF was the timing, not the game in itself. It's just a fun training-style game to show the other characters off a bit. Hardly the best execution. If it was released later on, it wouldn't really get a lot of backlash. After the last game being the less than stellar Other M, it made sense why people were annoyed.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, many spin-offs aren't based upon regular gameplay. I do agree the issue with FF was the timing, not the game in itself. It's just a fun training-style game to show the other characters off a bit. Hardly the best execution. If it was released later on, it wouldn't really get a lot of backlash. After the last game being the less than stellar Other M, it made sense why people were annoyed.
The DMCA takedown of AM2R around the same time frame only made things worse.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Which again, is a matter of timing anyway. It's not really Federation Force's fault for being a spin-off. It's they chose to release it at the wrong time.
Yeah. I think that people wouldn't have hated it as much as they did if Nintendo chose to hold off Federation Force until after Samus Returns came out.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Nintendo's late 2015 to 2016 period was a mess as they'd dcided to go all in on the new console and were just releasing the bare minimum to keep the WiiU and 3DS ticking over until the next gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom