• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I can guaruntee you Lyn would bring salt. Not as much as some other FE characters maybe, but that's a very low bar.
If Byleth can still be called a Marth clone even with their multitude of weapons and no down-B counter, someone's gonna think Lyn's a shill for Three Houses' DLC.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, how long have Next Level Games been hiring? I found this tweet while browsing Twitter.

I doubt it'd be related to Smash, but aren't these guys one of Nintendo's more loyal partners? As in, they're not actually owned by Nintendo but may as well be?

toonito

Smash Ace
I can guaruntee you Lyn would bring salt. Not as much as some other FE characters maybe, but that's a very low bar.
FE getting a 9th character would have significant backlash within the Smash fandom regardless of who it is

Lyn being popular wouldn't matter

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
perceived "FE Bias" aside, I can imagine the salt from Lyn for different reasons - that she's the first AT promotion in the same game and not Waluigi or Isaac. tbh if Spring Man were our arms rep he'd give that same result, but the FE element with Lyn makes it double

toonito

Smash Ace
perceived "FE Bias" aside, I can imagine the salt from Lyn for different reasons - that she's the first AT promotion in the same game and not Waluigi or Isaac. tbh if Spring Man were our arms rep he'd give that same result, but the FE element with Lyn makes it double
not only that out of 12 post base game characters 2 were from FE (Byleth, Lyn) and would be the only franchise to get a character in BOTH fighter passes

the hate would be insane

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Anyway Katkit and Sari inspired me to make a Neku moveset

Please give your feedback on this, took a while to come up with and I only took a few liberties
This is really good. Is your move set based primarily on Neku's starting pins? I'm not certain on it, but I'm pretty sure most of the abilities you used are available from the beginning.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Say, how long have Next Level Games been hiring? I found this tweet while browsing Twitter.

I doubt it'd be related to Smash, but aren't these guys one of Nintendo's more loyal partners? As in, they're not actually owned by Nintendo but may as well be?
Yeah, pretty much. What does that have to do with Smash, though?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
NLG are the developers of the Mario Strikers games, the new Luigi's Mansion titles, and Federation Force, among other games.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Knowing our luck, nothing. Still, I wanted to bring it up, just in case. It seems like they're working on something new.
What, you think Next Level games is gonna make Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe for Switch Pro?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What, you think Next Level games is gonna make Smash Bros. Ultimate Deluxe for Switch Pro?
No. Just that they CLEARLY will make another new Punch-Out!! and a character in that would be a shill pick.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
As nice as that would be, no. Although on the topic of shill picks from games we don't even know exist, wasn't there a debate about Next Level Games "hinting" at a StarTropics reboot? I'm using quotes because for all we know, it was just an Easter Egg.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
King Hippo time!

Also, I need all the Super Punch-Out characters to show up in a moder game.
Maybe it'll happen. I feel like the 3DS was a missed opportunity for Punch-Out!! But a Switch game could be just as cool too.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm mean, probably. But Lyn's in a similar boat to Chrom. Where quite a few people who dislike or are indifferent to FE can still look at them and say "Yeah, you're kinda cool I guess." I've seen a few people groan at another FE character, then when it was shown to be Chrom, "Aye, he's cool."

If Lyn got in, she'd almost certainly would have a similar reception. Being someone who was always popular in their series.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but I think that there's no way that Lyn wouldn't be poorly receive. She would be or second Fire emblem DLC character, and third FE newcomer of the game. Also reminder that Hero got very mixed reception mainly because he's a sword fighter despite bringing a incredible new franchise with him. There's no way Lyn would have good reception, I would even argue that her reception would be way, way worse than Byleth.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Yea, Fire Emblem is done for this game.
Though it is certainly odd that a relatively niche RPG series is so well represented compared to the juggernaut that is Donkey Kong. Literally everyone recognizes DK, but his series only has three characters.
We could EASILY have Dixie, Kranky, and Funky.
Edit: Not to mention Zelda, which has PLENTY of viable characters to choose from. Impa, Tetra, Toon Zelda, Tingle, Midna, Revali, Skull Kid....
And that's just the popular ones.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Yea, Fire Emblem is done for this game.
Though it is certainly odd that a relatively niche RPG series is so well represented compared to the juggernaut that is Donkey Kong. Literally everyone recognizes DK, but his series only has three characters.
We could EASILY have Dixie, Kranky, and Funky.
Edit: Not to mention Zelda, which has PLENTY of viable characters to choose from. Impa, Tetra, Toon Zelda, Tingle, Midna, Revali, Skull Kid....
And that's just the popular ones.
Same with Kirby, my boy Bandana Dee is not even a fighter yet.:(

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm sorry but I think that there's no way that Lyn wouldn't be poorly receive. She would be or second Fire emblem DLC character, and third FE newcomer of the game. Also reminder that Hero got very mixed reception mainly because he's a sword fighter despite bringing a incredible new franchise with him. There's no way Lyn would have good reception, I would even argue that her reception would be way, way worse than Byleth.
I don't doubt there'd be backlash. But I don't think it'd be as bad as Byleth's reception.

Though honestly Lyn wouldn't be my first AT choice either, Bomberman would be my choice.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't doubt there'd be backlash. But I don't think it'd be as bad as Byleth's reception.

Though honestly Lyn wouldn't be my first AT choice either, Bomberman would be my choice.
You mean Shovel Knight...
FB_IMG_1585526903464.jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm mean, probably. But Lyn's in a similar boat to Chrom. Where quite a few people who dislike or are indifferent to FE can still look at them and say "Yeah, you're kinda cool I guess." I've seen a few people groan at another FE character, then when it was shown to be Chrom, "Aye, he's cool."

If Lyn got in, she'd almost certainly would have a similar reception. Being someone who was always popular in their series.
Chrom was also an echo fighter, so he didn't really "steal a slot".

His reveal was also alongside Dark Samus, both Belmonts and most of all the long awaited King K.Rool.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Chrom was also an echo fighter, so he didn't really "steal a slot".

His reveal was also alongside Dark Samus, both Belmonts and most of all the long awaited King K.Rool.
He was shown off before Dark Samus and K.Rool. So a lot of those live reactions were still positive all things considered.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is really good. Is your move set based primarily on Neku's starting pins? I'm not certain on it, but I'm pretty sure most of the abilities you used are available from the beginning.
I barely touched up my pins at all when playing so I just rocked a wiki to check all the psyches for moves, though his early-game personality is reflected more than post-development yeah, especially his down taunt and victory screens.

Also smh we had 3 people make movesets about characters who rarely get talked about and y'all defaulted back to talking about AT promotions and Fire Emblem again

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Also smh we had 3 people make movesets about characters who rarely get talked about and y'all defaulted back to talking about AT promotions and Fire Emblem again
Sorry about that, let's switch the topic to back to movesets about characters who rarely get talked about again. Starting with Modern Day Fire Emblem and the series that got their only Assist Trophy removed.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'd like to increase the number of "characters who are rarely talked about but have a moveset made for them" in the future by making one for Otto Matic.

If I can, I'm gonna do it tomorrow.

andree123

Smash Ace

I'm begging that was for Metroid Prime 4, because they were responsible for those 3ds metroid prime games.
I hope they can learn what they got wrong from Federation Force.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm begging that was for Metroid Prime 4, because they were responsible for those 3ds metroid prime games.
I hope they can learn what they got wrong from Federation Force.
Bring Samus Returns to Switch. I don't care if it's just the 3DS game upscaled. I just wanna play that game without cramping my hands on the tiny-ass 3DS.
Edit: And while they're at it, bring Fusion and Super into modern HD graphics. The REAL Metroid Trilogy (no disrespect to Prime).

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Next Level Games did develop Metroid Prime: Federation Force, so they do have some experience with the series. Given the fact that Next Level Games also has their feet wet in Switch development with Luigi's Mansion, I could realistically see Retro bringing them on to give Prime 4 some extra manpower or guidance on how to take advantage of the hardware.

However, I hope in my heart of hearts that Next Level Games are working on a new Mario Strikers or Punch-Out. Seriously, they knocked those games out of the park. I'd love to see what they could do next with those series.

Getting a sequel to Mario Super Sluggers would also be great. Seriously, why did Nintendo leave the two best Mario sports titles in limbo after the Wii?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Next Level Games did develop Metroid Prime: Federation Force, so they do have some experience with the series. Given the fact that Next Level Games also has their feet wet in Switch development with Luigi's Mansion, I could realistically see Retro bringing them on to give Prime 4 some extra manpower.

However, I hope in my heart of hearts that Next Level Games are working on a new Mario Strikers or Punch-Out. Seriously, they knocked those games out of the park. I'd love to see what they could do next with those series.

Getting a sequel to Mario Super Sluggers would also be great. Seriously, why did Nintendo leave the two best Mario sports titles in limbo after the Wii?
It mostly helps that those two games were given a lot of personality and attitude that you don't normally see in Mario, which helps them stand out from other spin-offs. Punch-Out has a lot of memorable and wacky enemies to fight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom