• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Seems to be the case. That game's roster is quite weird.

"We need a new character. Any ideas?"
"How about a haunted Tails doll that is never explained nor addressed ever again."
"Perfect."
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, Egg Robo, and Super Sonic.
Bam!
But at least mech forms of Tails and Knuckles make more sense than Sonic: The Fighters where they add Bean and Bark, which makes the game have 8 Chaos Emeralds instead of 7.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I fail to see how the project being delayed for COVID-19 means bonus DLC. I feel like you want more DLC and you are making up any reason to justify that. Sakurai has said they are done after FP2. Keep in mind the end date is Dec 2021. Even if they beat it (they likely will, most DLC Nintendo makes does), you'd talking about development that has extended for an extra 3 years. It's done after this FP. Just accept that.
Because that's not what people said. What they said was COVID19 won't stop them from doing Bonus DLC if they want to.

There's nothing to "accept". If Sakurai hasn't said "this is the last of the DLC", then it's not set in stone whatsoever. He said the same thing as FP1, which is specifically that "we have no plans for more DLC". Which, you know, doesn't mean that won't change.

So until there's a statement of "this is the final DLC", it's not over. Of course I don't expect a 4th year, but that doesn't mean bonus stuff cannot come out and be announced well within 2021 or near the start. We also don't know how much DLC will get done by this year. 3 characters? 4? We're not exactly full of clear details. We just know that by the end of 2021 it'll all be out. That's all it means.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I'm excited for Spring Man not just for breaking all the fan rules, but also because I know that he's bound to have a unique playstyle.
Yeah, he ain't happening. Sakurai's said Assists can't be Fighters since Assists were introduced, he's not gonna go back on something he's stated for two games in a row.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Tails Doll, Metal Knuckles, Egg Robo, and Super Sonic.
Bam!
But at least mech forms of Tails and Knuckles make more sense than Sonic: The Fighters where they add Bean and Bark, which makes the game have 8 Chaos Emeralds instead of 7.
They could’ve worked around that by not having you fight a clone of yourself.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Yeah, he ain't happening. Sakurai's said Assists can't be Fighters since Assists were introduced, he's not gonna go back on something he's stated for two games in a row.
I mean, he did go back on :ultridley:'s size/proportions being an issue for playability, something I think he has expressed since Brawl (maybe sooner?).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'm still betting on Spring Man. The ONLY argument against him is that he's an Assist Trophy, and that's just not enough to convince me.
Hell, people are even speculating ARMS 2 to get around the fact that Spring Man is the poster boy, and Smash has ALWAYS gone with the poster boys first.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Tangential discussion, would a horse rider be too big for Smash?
Personally, I feel that so long as you can scale them to fit comfortably underneath a Battlefield platform, it should work.
It may be. Logically the character should be about as tall as Marth, and the horse (or Pegasus) should be properly proportioned. Such a design could actually dwarf Ridley.

Bam!
I'd say they make more sense as original characters then Tails Doll (and, yeah that one's probably the only baffling one). The lore bit is kinda weird though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's literally never any of this whatsoever.

What he actually said was "this particular character isn't playable because I've chosen him as a Assist character this time around". He's said that only during Brawl and 4, and only about really one character, in context of that game. In addition, he's never stated this type of content has any relation to DLC.

Not that people are outright expecting AT's to become playable via DLC(though Ultimate is the only game where it was feasible anyway. Brawl had no type of possible DLC characters. 4 had an extremely specific plan and multiple veterans alone to add. Ultimate has a FP with a completely different kind of DLC design, so there's nothing concrete to go off of. More notably, there's nothing in common with DLC of 4 and Ultimate beyond both having a Bonus DLC for characters who appear to be planned always for DLC, being Mewtwo and Piranha Plant, using "purchase the games to get them free" as a similarity, nor a precedent really created as you need more than twice to determine a pattern. If Ultimate's DLC is done and there's no upgrades, then there's an actual real precedent), but your reasoning is based upon hearsay.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, he did go back on :ultridley:'s size/proportions being an issue for playability, something I think he has expressed since Brawl (maybe sooner?).
I think he only talked about Ridley being too big during the Smash 4 days. It should be noted both his statements about ATs not becoming fighters were during Brawl and Smash 4 respectively, not Ultimate.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sakurai's said Assists can't be Fighters since Assists were introduced
1587006620300.png

It could be Spring Man, it could not be, but it ain't gonna go down with people spreading lies. At least, not while :ultlittlemac::ultisabelle::ultdarksamus: live.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I think he only talked about Ridley being too big during the Smash 4 days. It should be noted both his statements about ATs not becoming fighters were during Brawl and Smash 4 respectively, not Ultimate.
There's also the Animal Crossing Villagers, where I believe Sakurai said that the series' more laid-back nature didn't make for fitting playable Smash characters, hence why there were none in Brawl... and then look who joined the fight in Smash 4. :4villager:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Likewise, he just talked about fighters who weren't possible as playable and became AT's.

He's really never said the opposite in particular as an idea about DLC. DLC came out as an idea wayyyyyy later on. Mewtwo's like the only one that was unique in 4, and there were no plans for DLC immediately. Like, if he was asked if an AT could become DLC, that'd be one thing. But that's never been a topic he's went over, so it's a moot point to declare he said that, heh.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
There's also the Animal Crossing Villagers, where I believe Sakurai said that the series' more laid-back nature didn't make for fitting playable Smash characters, hence why there were none in Brawl... and then look who joined the fight in Smash 4. :4villager:
Same thing happen with Pac-man and the Miis, Miyamoto suggest to Sakurai to add Pac-man and he said that it was "too farfetched". With the miis I think he said basically the same thing as Villager where he couldn't imagine them fight.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Trolling
Whenever I hear someone even suggest that Assists or Spirits are possible, I just get that "you're not just wrong, you're stupid" clip from Cat in the Hat playing in my head.

Until such time as a rule is broken, that rule remains true.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know this is out of nowhere, but do you guys think Billy Hatcher would be a good fit for Smash? I know he won't ever in this life, the next, or even the one after that, but I saw him trending on Twitter (I think it was one of those "you can only pick five" challenges, and his game was one of the options), and it reminded me of one of my favorite childhood games.

Good times, those were. Good times...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My personal wants for this pass definitely depend on if it's Spring Man or not.

Then again, the only difference is that if it is Spring Man, I have to replace someone with Waluigi. :laugh:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Who would you replace?
Oh man, that's tough.

- Helix
- Steve (Minecraft)
- Travis Touchdown
- Scorpion
- Master Chief / Doom Slayer
- Ryu Hayabusa

When it comes to who I would miss the least, I suppose I could wait until the next Smash game for Minecraft representation, seems more like an inevitability than a possibility. When it comes to who's the least realistic, I suppose Scorpion on the grounds that it's Nintendo choosing, unless they plan to do more Mortal Kombat support on Switch.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh man, that's tough.

- Helix
- Steve (Minecraft)
- Travis Touchdown
- Scorpion
- Master Chief / Doom Slayer
- Ryu Hayabusa

When it comes to who I would miss the least, I suppose I could wait until the next Smash game for Minecraft representation, seems more like an inevitability than a possibility. When it comes to who's the least realistic, I suppose Scorpion on the grounds that it's Nintendo choosing, unless they plan to do more Mortal Kombat support on Switch.
Well, Nintendo has had exclusive content for MK games before, or at least timed exclusives, so they might. That is hard to say, yeah. Then again, maybe a bonus character later on or something. True about Steve. He's yet another gaming icon who'll get his time. If it isn't Steve, would it be Master Chief then? I'm not sure if your list is under the idea of only one MS character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, Nintendo has had exclusive content for MK games before, or at least timed exclusives, so they might. That is hard to say, yeah. Then again, maybe a bonus character later on or something.
Again, Nintendo choosing, and I ain't pretending I know what Nintendo will choose. :p No one else should be caught lacking doing it either.

If it isn't Steve, would it be Master Chief then? I'm not sure if your list is under the idea of only one MS character.
Doom Slayer and Master Chief are interchangeable with me, I could be fine with either/or as long as one of the two gets in at least.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Whenever I hear someone even suggest that Assists or Spirits are possible, I just get that "you're not just wrong, you're stupid" clip from Cat in the Hat playing in my head.

In the case of Spirits, there is no official rule in place.

In the case of Assist Trophies, there is reason to believe that this rule may be broken.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
I have a few fighter concepts I'd like to see in Smash, can you guys give me a character that could fit these? It's a semi-"sell me on" concept.
  1. Somebody who starts out overpowered at the beginning of a match, for whatever reason, but over time gradually loses steam. Maybe a character who starts with amazing range, over time slowly getting worse. Maybe a character who has really good bursts of speed and atrocius sustained speed, be it in movement or attacks. A loss of non-renewable resources for fantastic moves: basically Wonderwing, the character?
  2. The opposite concept to the first one; starts relatively to very underpowered, but through either skilled play or gathering resources, becomes much more powerful. (This is actually how I envision Arle playing, though she's relative and not very.)
  3. A more fundamentals focused character who has a pretty good everything, but no major x-factor ability or move that defines them. They just do what they do really well.
  4. Somebody who's focused on edgeguarding, being really bad at getting outright kills but having a lot of tools to cause gimps or dunk opponents offstage. Would likely be packaged with a good recovery, but that's not important.
  5. Somebody who can't get blast zone KO's, or edgeguard very well, but can straight up instakill with a move when the opponent is at a high enough percent. Likely a special move, but it could be any move you want.
  6. A supporter character built for team matches, having moves to heal teammates and immobilize or otherwise pacify opponents, but being not very good in one-on-one matches.
This is a bit late but I wanted to give my two cents on this. Since there's 6 concepts here, I'll try to make a fighter pass here from these concepts.
  1. A FPS character with limited resources (i.e. a Resident Evil character with limited ammo and herbs). Personally I'd go with Master Chief or Doom Guy.
  2. Minecraft Steve if they have a "gathering resources" gimmick, Dante if they go the "skillful play" route.
  3. Waddle Dee since I can't think of any interesting gimmicks for him.
  4. Isaac with his iconic Move ability being just as powerful as his AT form would be a perfect fit imo.
  5. This is how I want the ARMS fighter to play like tbh. Good range and combo potential balanced by lack of knockback on normal moves and bad recovery. (Maybe the Rush attack could be their version of the KO Punch?)
  6. Medic from TF2 or White Mage from Final Fantasy would be perfect.
I tried balancing fan favorites with who I personally want but I know not everyone will be a fan of these concepts.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

In the case of Assist Trophies, there is reason to believe that this rule may be broken.
AT's done actually have a rule about that either. Sakurai never said that. It's at best implied as a thing, but it also was originally said before DLC started up. Ultimate never had a statement about it, so there's no content where AT's and DLC were talked about at all. Hence, it's hearsay. Or basically it's a clear thing on base roster only.

Again, Nintendo choosing, and I ain't pretending I know what Nintendo will choose. :pNo one else should be caught lacking doing it either.

That's what I mean. Nintendo has to agree to timed exclusives or those in general. So they were still involved. That means they clearly do care about MK in some way.

Doom Slayer and Master Chief are interchangeable with me, I could be fine with either/or as long as one of the two gets in at least.
Gotcha. Admittedly their only similarity outright is the design to a degree, heh. And they're still pretty different before you get to the weapon/moveset differences.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

It's stupid because the mascots/most popular characters from ARMS are the ones that are already spirits/ATs.

I just can't see Sakurai not putting in Spring Man or Min Min because "oops, I already made them assist trophies/spirits :(", even though said spirits/ATs came from a completely different period of Ultimate's development.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I know this is out of nowhere, but do you guys think Billy Hatcher would be a good fit for Smash? I know he won't ever in this life, the next, or even the one after that, but I saw him trending on Twitter (I think it was one of those "you can only pick five" challenges, and his game was one of the options), and it reminded me of one of my favorite childhood games.

Good times, those were. Good times...
I don't think he would be a bad pick, but even in the death Sega character category there's so many I would take before him (Ulala from Space channel 5, Alex Kidd, Beat from jet set radio, Nights). Maybe you could go crazy and do something with House of the dead or Panzer dragoon playable? I don't hate Billy because his game was great, but his design doesn't really appeal to me (although I guess he was suppose to look kind of silly on purpose). Sega have such a rich history that Billy just wouldn't be my first choice (the poor guy should have been in sonic racing transformed tho).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Billy would probably be more at home in a Sega All Stars game, which actually has happened before. Blocky Banjo was there too for some reason.
It was the Xbox version of the game. They used the current version of Banjo for it. Easy promotion.

Sadly Nintendo didn't get a pure exclusive Sega All-Stars guest. We had Miis, but Xbox has Avatars too. That would've been a great time to throw in Captain Falcon(especially since Sega helped with some F-Zero games. As well as Shadow the Hedgehog having F-Zero references in general).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because that's not what people said. What they said was COVID19 won't stop them from doing Bonus DLC if they want to.

There's nothing to "accept". If Sakurai hasn't said "this is the last of the DLC", then it's not set in stone whatsoever. He said the same thing as FP1, which is specifically that "we have no plans for more DLC". Which, you know, doesn't mean that won't change.

So until there's a statement of "this is the final DLC", it's not over. Of course I don't expect a 4th year, but that doesn't mean bonus stuff cannot come out and be announced well within 2021 or near the start. We also don't know how much DLC will get done by this year. 3 characters? 4? We're not exactly full of clear details. We just know that by the end of 2021 it'll all be out. That's all it means.
https://www.newsweek.com/smash-ultimate-fighters-pass-2-dlc-release-sakurai-last-1488088

Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's director, wrote in his weekly Famitsu column - via Ryokutya2089 and translated by PushDustin - regarding the state of the game and its future. Penned in the Japanese publication, Sakurai confirmed that the upcoming second volume of the Fighters Pass will be the final DLC for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

It's over after this one. This is no more DLC. There is no bonus DLC.

EDIT: Nintendo everything was more Direct

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate director Masahiro Sakurai has again published a new column in the latest issue of Famitsu. Although there weren’t any new character announcement, he still had a decent amount to say about the Switch title.

Below is a summary of what was shared in the article:
– Six more fighters were announced for Smash Bros. Ultimate, but there won’t be any other characters after that
– Once those six additional fighters are released, Smash Bros. Ultimate will be over

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603

There may not be any official statement, but there will always be an underlying design bible, and I just think the smartest thing to do is to assume these things can't happen, because whenever speculation gets carried away with itself, it's always been wrong.
You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you let hopes and dreams go to your head, it's just common sense.
Yes, the possibilty is there, but as of this moment it's not true and I'll only acknowledge that possibility when it becomes true, otherwise speculating Spirits or Assist Trophies is, at least in my mind, just childish and a waste of time.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
It was the Xbox version of the game. They used the current version of Banjo for it. Easy promotion.

Sadly Nintendo didn't get a pure exclusive Sega All-Stars guest. We had Miis, but Xbox has Avatars too. That would've been a great time to throw in Captain Falcon(especially since Sega helped with some F-Zero games. As well as Shadow the Hedgehog having F-Zero references in general).
They actually had talks in trying to get Mario or Kirby but its never went anywhere

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Anyway, to move onto something more productive, if you could pick one spirit to upgrade to playable, who would you pick?
Kuni-
However, there's a condition: it must be a Novice spirit.
Oh...nevermind then. Kinda the entire point of Novice spirits is they are trash tier.

I wouldn't want any of them taking up a character slot. No more Piranha Plants for me, thanks.

Jill Valentine. Easy peasy.
Nevermind. No idea why she's only one star, but changing my answer to this.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

They're not going to make bonus DLC characters. You're setting your expectations up way too high. They're not going to take one of the Assist Trophies and turn them into a Fighter as a bonus, it's gonna be six and done. Plus once Vol 2 is done we're be moving into Year 6 of the Switch, by then Nintendo is gonna be making a new console that can be on par with PS5 and whatever the next Xbox is being called so they're most likely going to slow down on all Switch game development.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://www.newsweek.com/smash-ultimate-fighters-pass-2-dlc-release-sakurai-last-1488088

Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's director, wrote in his weekly Famitsu column - via Ryokutya2089 and translated by PushDustin - regarding the state of the game and its future. Penned in the Japanese publication, Sakurai confirmed that the upcoming second volume of the Fighters Pass will be the final DLC for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

It's over after this one. This is no more DLC. There is no bonus DLC.

EDIT: Nintendo everything was more Direct

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate director Masahiro Sakurai has again published a new column in the latest issue of Famitsu. Although there weren’t any new character announcement, he still had a decent amount to say about the Switch title.

Below is a summary of what was shared in the article:
– Six more fighters were announced for Smash Bros. Ultimate, but there won’t be any other characters after that
– Once those six additional fighters are released, Smash Bros. Ultimate will be over
Wow, the first article really mistranslated it quite badly.

Cause that's not the actual takeaway from either link properly. What you got was a very poor reading for it.

From the actual sources, they're "currently the last fighters", not "this is the end of DLC". So no, your evidence is a badly translated piece. They should really read the articles a lot more closely.

From PushDustIn "Here are some takeaways: 6 additional fighters are being made for Smash Ultimate. After that, there are no other plans so Smash Ultimate is almost finished." These does not say there can't be plans in the future.

"Sakurai and Nintendo aren't planning any future entries in the Smash series right now. So he doesn't know what will happen. Adding content to this game little by little extends Smash Ultimate's life. So Sakurai plans to give it his all for the last 6 fighters." This implies this is the final set of characters. If there are no other plans at the time, obviously calling it the last six is still accurate.

From the other guy;

"We announced that we will make six more , but the breakdown of the six has been decided and we do not plan to make any more." Again, that doesn't mean things don't change within the year. They said the same thing during FP1.

Actually, that's more or less the only new thing. You should link PushDustIn's full article, cause those guys aren't more direct at all about it. What they're doing is given an interpretation of it in their own words. None of the sources, actual proper ones, clearly state what you're saying. I'm not finding anything about "DLC will be over" on Push's or the original article when translated simply. The third source is different from Push's, so that makes it unreliable.

Overall, these aren't reliable articles enough to come to a conclusion. If you can link Push's proper article, that'd be a bit more clear. But right now these are all saying different things overall, so it's not a reliable way to get a conclusion. So no, I don't buy it if the sources don't actually come to one single conclusion entirely. Push didn't translate it the same as the third guy, which is actually pretty important too. Why are they saying different stuff? That means that one isn't translating it correctly. So you need a better source here.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I mean, I think FP Vol. 2 is absolutely the end of Ultimate DLC, because after it's done they'll have been supporting the game for 3 years after its release, which is a pretty long time for a Smash game, especially one of this magnitude.

But, to play devil's advocate, there were also "no plans" to make anything after FP Vol. 1 at first. Plans can change.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There may not be any official statement, but there will always be an underlying design bible, and I just think the smartest thing to do is to assume these things can't happen, because whenever speculation gets carried away with itself, it's always been wrong.
You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you let hopes and dreams go to your head, it's just common sense.
Yes, the possibilty is there, but as of this moment it's not true and I'll only acknowledge that possibility when it becomes true, otherwise speculating Spirits or Assist Trophies is, at least in my mind, just childish and a waste of time.
We don't know what that design bible is. You can hope for something without getting so emotionally invested that you're broken when it doesn't happen.

If the possibility is there the possibility is there. It's more childish to deny that than to be optimistic.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They actually had talks in trying to get Mario or Kirby but its never went anywhere
Man, that sucks. But really, they should've went for Falcon.

This is not common sense.

There is no design bible to speak of in this context.

Nobody is setting themselves up for disappointment in considering the possibility.

Nor are they childish. There's no "truth" to it because there's no actual precedent set yet. We've had literally no chances for it to logically happen as of yet. 4's DLC period was very very specific about unique types of new characters and veterans. It didn't have all veterans back either.

Ultimate's first pass was based upon base game. Pass 2 we have no clue about it how it's being done, other than obviously DLC spirits would be decided upon(some of them, at least) with it in mind. So someone like Jill Valentine is in the same position as base game content.

I mean, I think FP Vol. 2 is absolutely the end of Ultimate DLC, because after it's done they'll have been supporting the game for 3 years after its release, which is a pretty long time for a Smash game, especially one of this magnitude.

But, to play devil's advocate, there were also "no plans" to make anything after FP Vol. 1 at first. Plans can change.
Pretty much. Now if we can get a clear translation of the article, which so far has not been the case(when two translators are saying actual different stuff, it's not a reliable statement to go upon. Yet), that'd be actual useful information.

They're just repeating the same thing from what I can find. As much as Google Translate sucks, it actually matches what Push said. Push never said "Smash Ultimate DLC is over after FP2". Now, the translation from what I saw implies end of lifespan meaning 2021, but that's the closest. And that's clearly a mistranslation on the other guy's part if that's what he took from it. What it means realistically is with the current amount of DLC, and the game's lifespan nearing the end, we didn't think of characters beyond this pass. There was no "this is the end" bit, really. So yeah, I'm going to call these articles clearly mistranslations. If Push further clarifies, that could change things, but he's more reliable at this point since he matches the overall proper gist of Ryuka's thing. Note that I can see where people got the idea it meant "end of game entirely" from the translated text and all. But it's an implication, not a clear statement.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
My two cents on whether or not we'll get more DLC after Fighters Pass 2: I do think it's possible we'll get more DLC... keyword being "possible", not "guaranteed".

Fighters Pass 2 may very well be the last DLC for Ultimate, but I think if certain factors turn out the right way (i.e. Fighters Pass 2 sells well enough, Ultimate itself continues to do well, and the developers being willing to do more), we could potentially get a third wave of DLC... albeit with at least one caveat: the third wave won't have as much content as Fighters Pass 1 and 2. If we end up getting a Fighters Pass 3, I don't see it having more than 4 characters. Not only that, but they probably won't come with a full set of a stage, music, and a DLC Spirit Board. Hell, if we're getting less than 4, they might not even bother with the Fighters Pass format and could just release them completely standalone, a la Piranha Plant.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
We don't know what that design bible is. You can hope for something without getting so emotionally invested that you're broken when it doesn't happen.

If the possibility is there the possibility is there. It's more childish to deny that than to be optimistic.
I'm not denying the possibility, I'm just aware that possibility does not in any way equal probability. If you asked me if it's possible, I'd say maybe, but asked if it's probable, you'd get the biggest no this side of the forums.
I'm not going to be destroyed or anything if Spirits get put back on the table, it's a nice thought, but realistically it has a decimal chance of actually becoming reality.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Anyway, to move onto something more productive, if you could pick one spirit to upgrade to playable, who would you pick? However, there's a condition: it must be a Novice spirit.
I've been ripping Metroid Prime recently, so...Gandrayda.
1587010959564.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom