• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
not to mention you need a villain that is actually a threat to characters as broken as kirby, bayonetta, shulk, and cloud.
You mean like Galeem/Dharkon?

The way I could see an cinematic universe of Smash Bros. being done is all the villains being the main antagonists of the films they appear in having ties to Galeem/Dharkon such as maybe all have been working for him perhaps.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Hey everyone! I appreciate all of the replies that I got from my last post. Since I got so many people to participate last time I figured I would do this again with a different selection of characters.

Pick 3 characters to add to Smash.
I decided to make this selection of characters from Japanese companies. I plan on posting a selection of western guest characters for you to decide upon tomorrow.

If I get enough responses I may tally the 4 most mentioned characters from each category and put them into their own category.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey everyone! I appreciate all of the replies that I got from my last post. Since I got so many people to participate last time I figured I would do this again with a different selection of characters.

I decided to make this selection of characters from Japanese companies. I plan on posting a selection of western guest characters for you to decide upon tomorrow.

If I get enough responses I may tally the 4 most mentioned characters from each category and put them into their own category.
Phoenix Wright, 2B and Nightmare.

D

Deleted member

I'l take one Geno, with a side of Bomberman.......... and I guess I’l have a Lloyd to go.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Sora, Phoenix Wright, and Lloyd Irving.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Dante, Phoenix, and... I don't care about anyone else on the list. Geno, I guess.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Hayabusa, to make me happy, Geno and Sora for others.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
:ultmario:: You will never beat us! We have Kirby!

:ultganondorf:: You fool, I've planned around this in over three hundred ways. Oh Kirby!

:ultkirby:: Poyo?

:ultganondorf:: I will buy you a nice cake if you don't mess with our plans, ok?

:ultkirby:: The terms are agreeable!

As for the others, just have some about them being weaker outside their home dimension.
We all know Kirby would eat that cake in .0125 seconds and then be like "Oh, they're destroying the place I live in and everyone I love. I should do something about that." and then own everyone.

You mean like Galeem/Dharkon?

The way I could see an cinematic universe of Smash Bros. being done is all the villains being the main antagonists of the films they appear in having ties to Galeem/Dharkon such as maybe all have been working for him perhaps.
I wouldn't have most of them work for the big bad, but you could do some interesting things with a puppet master villain.

Tier List time!
  • No connections (doesn't interest me)
    • Travis
  • No connections
    • 2B
    • Leon
    • Sora
    • Monster Hunter
  • I think they're all right
    • Dante
    • Ryu (As long as they don't call him just "Hyabusa". I have no idea why that irks me. It just does.)
    • Geno
  • Want
    • Heihachi
    • Lloyd
    • Phoenix Wright

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Sora, Travis and either Geno or Leon.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Bomberman
Leon
Travis Touchdown.

All in a row!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Travis, Leon, Hayabusa

easiest 3 picks of my life

Phoenix Wright, 2B and Nightmare.
Please point to me where Nightmare is in that picture, Michael. :nifty: I think you need glasses.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Meh... Honestly, not many of these characters would excite me.

I guess I'll go with Sora just because it would be a huge feat to get him in Smash. Bomberman would be next. After that, I have no idea. I'll just say Geno is #3 since I can at least say I have a connection with him and his game, even though I don't really want him.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Leon kennedy, 2B and Wright

M@R!3

Smash Ace

This one's actually a bit difficult, but I'm gonna have to go with Sora, Dante, and Leon.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Sora, Geno and Travis

MagnesD3

Smash Master

Sora, Dante, Leon Kennedy.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Phoenix Wright, Dante and 2B. Runner up would be Travis Touchdown or Ryu Hayabusa.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Lloyd, Ryu Hayabusa, and Leon.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Dante, Phoenix and Leon. CAPCOM GANG RISE UP

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman

"Top 3"
2B
Monster Hunter
Lloyd

"Still want just not Top 3"
Sora
Dante

Phoenix Wright
Geno
Bomberman

"Don't actively want but would be cool if they got in"
Heihachi
Leon
Ryu Hayabusa
Travis

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Drawing Nintendo characters in the formation of Infinity War poster. Just got to Groot. Who should he be?
Just know I’m 100% doing this for the rest of the Guardians
Peter - Fox
Gamora - Krystal
Drax- Falco
Rocket - Slippy or Peppy
I guess he doesn’t have to be a Star Fox character, even though I’d prefer it, but I’m drawing a blank on Groot.
Also Mantis is probably Olimar but that is probably gonna change.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

I'll take Geno, Heihachi, and Leon.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

Finally, a selection with Phoenix. Give me him.
I couldn’t care less after that. Sora and 2B would be kind of cool, but I’m gonna have to go Sora and Ryu. Sora because I’m gonna have fun watching this site explode and Ryu because ninjas are cool and I wanna play one except I don’t like Sheik or Greninja.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Phoenix, 2B, Hayabusa.

This was much harder than the first party one, since Waluigi was my only want on it. But for this one it was tough narrowing it down to three.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion

2B, Sora, and Dante..not even a competition.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Travis, Bomberman, and Phoenix (since I might not get Monokuma).
The only way to do a cinematic universe right is the way the Giant Robo OVA did it
How did Giant Robo do it?
Drawing Nintendo characters in the formation of Infinity War poster. Just got to Groot. Who should he be?
Peter - Fox
Gamora - Krystal
Drax- Falco
Rocket - Slippy or Peppy
I guess he doesn’t have to be a Star Fox character, even though I’d prefer it, but I’m drawing a blank on Groot.
Um... Whispy Woods?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I believe the last anime series based on a Nintendo series flopped horribly. and it's name was f-zero
But it was super ****ing rad so that evens it out.
Peter - Fox
Gamora - Krystal
Drax- Falco
Rocket - Slippy or Peppy
Uhhh, maybe Pepper? I think Slippy as Rocket and Peppy as Groot works out really well, but if not Pepper is also tall.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Phoenix Wright, Ryu Hayabusa, and 2B

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Bomberman, 2B, Travis.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace

Geno, Phoenix Wright and Ryu Hayabusa

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Oh geez this one is a bit harder to choose only three from.

Leon, Monster Hunter, and Heihachi

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Dante, 2B, Travis

D

Deleted member

Bomberman, Dante, and 2B.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Dante, Sora, Hayabusa

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Was bored, decided to imagine a hypothetical reveal trailer for Nightmare.

After entering the flaming Smash symbol, the scene opens up to a barren landscape, with the camera moving rapidly forward with no music but the sounds of distant wind, like Soul Calibur 1’s intro.

After a about 5 seconds, Marth’s Falchion abruptly stabs into the ground, the camera then passes it and leaves it behind.
A few moments later Ganondorf's sword comes crashing down, the camera keeps going...
Another moment goes by, Meta Knight's Galaxia falls....
Another moment, Pit's Bow blades appear...

Then the distinctive sound of clashing swords cuts to a shot of the camera following the Master Sword flying through the air before stabbing back into the ground, like so
3vxtvv.gif

The camera begins to pan to to the side, passing a disarmed and staggered Link when a familiar voice-over start playing.
"Transcending history and the world. A tale of Souls and Swords, eternally retold."
The camera pans to a pair of armored shoes, then tilts up towards the eye of the sword Soul Edge during the part where the voiceover says "souls and swords" before zooming out to show a full shot of Nightmare in all his glory.

As soon as the voiceover ends, Nightmare gets his title card: "Nightmare hungers for battle!"

*Cue gameplay footage with Nightmare's theme playing*

The trailer ends with Link pulling the Master Sword from the ground, preparing to face down Nightmare again. Nightmare and Link begin charging at each other in slow motion until it fades to black.

CureParfait

Smash Ace

Darkrai, Susanoo, Tanaka Gundham

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

Phoenix, Sora, Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom