• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I remember I voted for Adeleine and Karate Joe.
I think there was a text somewhere that said that multiple votes were possible, but they asked us to limit the votes to two for each user, and that's why I voted twice.

Saved somewhere I probably still have the text that I included in those vote submissions too.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I voted Ganon, since the other character choices I wanted (Ridley, K. Rool, Skull Kid) already had sizable enough fanbases and didn't need my help, and I felt I should instead be bringing visibility to some more overlooked characters.

...At least he's a proper boss now instead of just a half-second cameo in a Final Smash?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I voted Ganon, since the other character choices I wanted (Ridley, K. Rool, Skull Kid) already had sizable enough fanbases and didn't need my help, and I felt I should instead be bringing visibility to some more overlooked characters.

...At least he's a proper boss now instead of just a half-second cameo in a Final Smash?
I mean, who knows, maybe some votes helped.

I just voted for Brian one time and that was it. As much I wish I put more moveset ideas down, I just treat him as no-chancer anyway. I'll support him with all my heart, but I'm aware of the various issues. Etc.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Man it sure is great seeing Bayonetta's fanbase all be considering one whiny dude when in reality she was a popular Smash suggestion on sites like tumblr and NeoGAF back during the ballot period. I'm going to now say that your favourite character who got im the ballot only made it in because of someone who spent every moment of their life just to farm votes for whoever you liked that we got from the ballot

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
My ballot vote was Phoenix.

Then I voted for Yu Narukami.

Then I voted for Bayonetta.

Then I voted for a few other characters I don't remember.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I voted a few times, but I made sure to vote each time from a different device or on a different network. Not that I thought it did anything, but I know I wrote something completely different each time. I even voted in the European poll when I was on vacation in Germany. That was fun: "Ich will Schiggy wieder haben. Glurak fehlt etwas ohne Schiggy und Bisaknosp."

I threw a few at Ridley, K. Rool, Midna, and of course the return of Squirtle. I still thought the fanrule about "must have been on a Nintendo console" was a real thing, so I didn't vote any third parties. Pity I never got to vote for my boy...

Krankees

Smash Ace
I don't seem to remember who I voted for.
Yet why do I have the feeling young me voted for Goku?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sakurai's just confirmed he'll be working on the game from home due to the virus

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
On the topic of the ballot, I voted for Snake. hearing Sakurai say that Snake was back due to popular demand felt so good.

Sakurai's just confirmed he'll be working on the game from home due to the virus
im glad to hear that he’s taking the necessary precautions, sometimes Sakurai scares me with the amount of work he’ll put himself through even if it’s a detriment to his health.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
On the topic of the ballot, I voted for Snake. hearing Sakurai say that Snake was back due to popular demand felt so good.

im glad to hear that he’s taking the necessary precautions, sometimes Sakurai scares me with the amount of work he’ll put himself through even if it’s a detriment to his health.
Especially as he's a freelancer, meaning he gets less benefits than a regular employee

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
That's good for Sakurai and his health.

Although the chance for leaks have increased.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I did a ballot vote for Brock Lesnar, Mike Tyson, and Nathan Drake. Younger me was kinda dumb

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I voted for Crash. But then Phil Spencer said that he'd let Banjo in Smash, so I changed my vote to Banjo.
For those that didn't know, only the last vote from a particular IP address would count.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Man it sure is great seeing Bayonetta's fanbase all be considering one whiny dude when in reality she was a popular Smash suggestion on sites like tumblr and NeoGAF back during the ballot period. I'm going to now say that your favourite character who got im the ballot only made it in because of someone who spent every moment of their life just to farm votes for whoever you liked that we got from the ballot
The most ironic thing is all that time was dedicated to voting for a character that was decided pre-ballot. Therefore it's one of the most significant exercises in futility I've ever heard of. But I guess that's karma for trying to stuff the ballot to that extent.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I voted for Crash. But then Phil Spencer said that he'd let Banjo in Smash, so I changed my vote to Banjo.
For those that didn't know, only the last vote from a particular IP address would count.
Did they confirm that? Sounds like a big problem to those who made their votes on public wi-fi.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The most ironic thing is all that time was dedicated to voting for a character that was decided pre-ballot. Therefore it's one of the most significant exercises in futility I've ever heard of. But I guess that's karma for trying to stuff the ballot to that extent.
Persisting in meaningless efforts despite the futility of it all is everything SMT is about.

And in a similar vein, so is waiting for its next entry.
crying flynn.png

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Didn't Sakurai admit that the ballot was for Smash Ultimate?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Didn't Sakurai admit that the ballot was for Smash Ultimate?
His direct words were (paraphrasing, here) "The newcomers for Ultimate took heavy cues from Smash 4 DLC's ballot" and they "were surprised at how popular K. Rool was." Which doesn't deconfirm the ballot was used for Smash 4 whilst simultaneously confirming it was used to a certain extent for Smash Ultimate.

Besides, even if the ballot was rigged*, it's simply bad PR to say "yeah we lied, the character was already decided, and we're only taking into account those results now."
* which it totally was

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
If lore importance mattered to Smash inclusion (so far there’s no evidence of that), we’d have Ghirahim as a playable character. He’s pivotal in the overarching story of Zelda.

Edelgard is arguably the most important character to the plot of Three Houses. Byleth is obviously the main protagonist, but the events of the story don’t really happen without Edelgard.

I’m not convinced being “important to the lore” matters when Smash is a crossover mascot fighter.
cant have both.

All of the characters in smash are important to their stories, they either are the protagonist, villain, or have massive story impacts (i.e. rosalina). I used to think three houses centered om edelgard but after playing all three (four) routes the story does center on byleth. There is a lot of background conflicts and plot that centers on byleth's birth and significance. edelgard is important but sje is not the center of everything.

three houses is like the fates series.until you do all the routes you do not have all the information about what actually happened in fodlands past, no matter which lord or rhea you choose to follow, byleth is important to achieving that goal.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I remember putting down a few votes for Ridley and Cloud during the Ballot, alongside a few other characters that I can't seem to recall ATM.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I voted for :pt:.

Not :squirtle:, not :ivysaur:, just :pt:. I always wanted Red to have his own moveset just based on what you can do in the Pokemon overworld.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Not :squirtle:, not :ivysaur:, just :pt:. I always wanted Red to have his own moveset just based on what you can do in the Pokemon overworld.
I came up with an idea for Red once. Imagine Joker with Arsene, but Arsene is permanent, but not as OP.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
All I voted for was Ice Climbers and Banjo & Kazooie... and Dr. Luigi...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Sorry to say but they probably took that the wrong way, lol.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I voted for :ivysaur:. I also really wanted to vote for :squirtle:, but I limited myself to just one vote.

I never dreamed that the entire team would come back. I always figured at that most they'd be seperate fighters.

If I had to vote for a newcomer it would have been Sceptile. Not to fill some arbitrary grass quota, but just because Sceptile is cool. He got in Pokken though so I'm satisfied.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Agreed. To be honest I wouldn't consider Banjo & Kazooe, Ridley, and King K. Rool to be a holy trinity in the first place because 1, King K. Rool support didn't really exist until the ballot, and 2, there are tons of widely requested characters, not just 3.
K.Rool support was wide spread way before the ballot. Stop lying. It existed as soon as Diddy got into Brawl. It's the very same fanbase. K.Rool was always a hugely requested character.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
K.Rool support was wide spread way before the ballot. Stop lying. It existed as soon as Diddy got into Brawl. It's the very same fanbase. K.Rool was always a hugely requested character.
I can second this. I was around under another account since Brawl speculation, and K. Rool was a popular request even in those days.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Also I voted for K.Rool almost daily. I just now read they only count the last vote. I also voted a lot for Dixie Kong, Impa and Isaac. K.Rool was by far my most wanted however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom