• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Is ARMS lore even that interesting? The most I know about it is that Min Min is a bowl of ramen given human form. Yup. Deep character right there.
It's okay, though it's more like little pieces of trivia than actual lore.

Some of the more interesting things are:
  • Ribbon Girl has a fear of lightning, yet her trademark arms use electricity.
  • Helix has a crush on Twintelle.
  • Biff and Lola Pop have a rivalry as two bakers who own bakeries right across the street from one another.
  • People just wake up with their springy arms, and it's unknown how this happens. Kid Cobra has had them from birth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well it's not like...erm...Dark Souls or Kirby or anything, but there is potential there. And even if it's never used it does make for a fun world.
It's okay, though it's more like little pieces of trivia than actual lore.

Some of the more interesting things are:
  • Ribbon Girl has a fear of lightning, yet her trademark arms use electricity.
  • Helix has a crush on Twintelle.
  • Biff and Lola Pop have a rivalry as two bakers who own bakeries right across the street from one another.
  • People just wake up with their springy arms, and it's unknown how this happens. Kid Cobra has had them from birth.
Well the point is that people are using lore to justify Dr. Coyle despite the lore not actually being that important. It's not a strong case.

Not to **** on ARMS. I think the trivia is cute and makes their characters likable, but it sounds like people are really overblowing Coyle's importance.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Not to **** on ARMS. I think the trivia is cute and makes their characters likable, but it sounds like people are really overblowing Coyle's importance.
Well, she is a villainous character in ARMS, many of the blurbs tell how she built everything, and she does do the Akuma thing where she beats up the final boss. I'd say she is one of the most important characters in ARMS, but that's not saying much.

D

Deleted member

Well, she is a villainous character in ARMS, many of the blurbs tell how she built everything, and she does do the Akuma thing where she beats up the final boss. I'd say she is one of the most important characters in ARMS, but that's not saying much.
That's what it is. Alright I get it now. I was wondering about that for the longest time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's actually pretty easy to tell the difference between a WRPG and a JRPG.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
People just wake up with their springy arms, and it's unknown how this happens. Kid Cobra has had them from birth.
Can we just take a minute to think about how unsettling this would be?

Serously, you wake up one morning and go to push off the covers, and you just see noodles where your arms used to be. I don't think my first thought would be "Oh boy, I get to be a fighter in this weird boxing sport!" It'd probably be a bit closer to "WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** IS THIS!?!?"

And, to make it worse, isn't there also a lore thing where they need the masks to control the arms or else they are just uncoiled spaghetti? So you wake up that morning and then you can't even use them. You have to do the worm out of bed dragging these strings behind you and then use your nose to call someone to bring you a mask so you can have working arms again.

...or maybe I'm just thinking about this too hard....

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Every ARMS character isn't given an equal chance, they're giving an illusion that everyone has an equal chance by not saying who it is.
It's going to come down to just two characters.
Either Springman since he's the face of the series, or most likely Min Min since she won the last tournament capped of support for the game.
Well sure, but my original point about the development team acknowledging AT and Spirit upgrades as a DLC possibility still stands if you're saying Spring Man is one of the only two characters given a legitimate shot.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So as it stands then there is no Holy Trinity. Shame because I actually found that fun.

In that case guess we'll say the three most requested. The previous three were:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool:and:ultridley:

The current now is Crash, Geno and Sora.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Can we just take a minute to think about how unsettling this would be?

Serously, you wake up one morning and go to push off the covers, and you just see noodles where your arms used to be. I don't think my first thought would be "Oh boy, I get to be a fighter in this weird boxing sport!" It'd probably be a bit closer to "WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** IS THIS!?!?"

And, to make it worse, isn't there also a lore thing where they need the masks to control the arms or else they are just uncoiled spaghetti? So you wake up that morning and then you can't even use them. You have to do the worm out of bed dragging these strings behind you and then use your nose to call someone to bring you a mask so you can have working arms again.

...or maybe I'm just thinking about this too hard....
So X-Men Mutants? (though all with mostly the same ability) (Your Marvel Profile Pic is fitting)

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I would say that the three most requested characters (within the "core" smash community that frequents forums and youtube videos and whatnot) are Geno, Crash, and Sora, with Waluigi and Isaac close behind those three.

That just from what I've seen, gathered, and taken in, anyway.

The actual reality regarding the subject may be completely different, for all I know.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I don't remeber the specifics, but I once read an EventHubs article that referred to Ridley, K. Rool and Geno as Smash's "Impossible Three". And theorized that, since two of them were coming to Ultimate, maybe the 3rd was possible as well.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
It's a shame we will never be able to see the results of the smash ballot because that would shed a lot of light on who the most popular characters REALLY are. I completely understand why we won't though because fan bases of characters who placed high on the ballot but still didn't make the cut might go livid.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's a shame we will never be able to see the results of the smash ballot because that would shed a lot of light on who the most popular characters REALLY are. I completely understand why we won't though because fan bases of characters who placed high on the ballot but still didn't make the cut might go livid.
I used to think Bayonetta winning didn't make sense, but after hearing that one guy confess to voting for her 300 times a day...

:drsad:

It just makes me kinda sad.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I used to think Bayonetta winning didn't make sense, but after hearing that one guy confess to voting for her 300 times a day...

Bayonetta ruined so many tournaments and events, I have zero regrets.

D

Deleted member

The fighters ballot lasted from April 1st, 2015 to October 3rd, 2015. If Wynn started voting for Bayonetta as soon as the ballot started, that is roughly a total of 55,800 votes for Bayonetta alone.

Now the funny thing is that Wynn probably wasn't the only person who had this dedication. I'm fairly certain this total numeric isn't that big in the grand scheme of things.

But I will say casting 55,800 votes for a single character is some dedication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bayonetta ruined so many tournaments and events, I have zero regrets.
SeekPng.com_yugioh-hair-png_1871730 (1).png

SeekPng.com_yugioh-hair-png_1871730 (1).png

Assuming you took no breaks and assuming it was a constant 300 per day, I honestly don't know what to feel.

And to enjoy the absolute disdain she caused in the FGC community? That's some real low-life ****. I feel legitimately sick to my stomach.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
So as it stands then there is no Holy Trinity. Shame because I actually found that fun.

In that case guess we'll say the three most requested. The previous three were:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool:and:ultridley:

The current now is Crash, Geno and Sora.
If it makes you feel any better, the idea of the "Big Three" is basically ever changing. Prior to Smash for Wii U's final direct, Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool were pretty unanimously the "Big Three". Once Mewtwo was announced in that direct, people were pretty quick to substitute Wolf or Isaac in there. Once Phil Spencer said that Microsoft would be cool with Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, those two were another popular contender to fill out the final spot.

Using the Rate their Chances thread as the main criterion, the Big Three in terms of expectation are Ryu Hayabusa, Crash Bandicoot, and Lloyd Irving. The Big Three in terms of wanting them in the game are Crash Bandicoot, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Phoenix Wright.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The fighters ballot lasted from April 1st, 2015 to October 3rd, 2015. If Wynn started voting for Bayonetta as soon as the ballot started, that is roughly a total of 55,800 votes for Bayonetta alone.
Not completely. You remember the Source Gaming article saying that Bayo was likely chosen 2 weeks into the ballot, right? So that's still 4,200 votes that this man had an impact on, and even if others did the same, this dude is the most extreme case confessed in the history.

He could honestly be interviewed at this point. His ballot-spamming process. His drive to being such a simp for wanting Bayonetta in Smash. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

Not completely. You remember the Source Gaming article saying that Bayo was likely chosen 2 weeks into the ballot, right? So that's still 4,200 votes that this man had an impact on, and even if others did the same, this dude is the most extreme case confessed in the history.

He could honestly be interviewed at this point. His ballot-spamming process. His drive to being such a simp for wanting Bayonetta in Smash. :nifty:
I wouldn't resort to teasing. I'm actually impressed by the consistency of it. You have to dedicated at least 30 minutes of your day solely to monotonously voting a single character, with the possibility that all of this time and effort could go to waste. That's some dedication and belief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wouldn't resort to teasing. I'm actually impressed by the consistency of it. You have to dedicated at least 30 minutes of your day solely to monotonously voting a single character, with the possibility that all of this time and effort could go to waste. That's some dedication and belief.
Your entire post is almost as much teasing as mine. :p

Yeah, on one hand, it's impressive, on the other hand, it feels cheated. Did 4,200 votes really matter? It sounds a little too small. But then again how many votes did we get at the end of the two weeks? How many votes were for Goku? Nintendo is the one who keeps these secrets locked away. And if they keep it locked away, it sounds super sus.

D

Deleted member

Your entire post is almost as much teasing as mine. :p

Yeah, on one hand, it's impressive, on the other hand, it feels cheated. Did 4,200 votes really matter? It sounds a little too small. But then again how many votes did we get at the end of the two weeks? How many votes were for Goku? Nintendo is the one who keeps these secrets locked away. And if they keep it locked away, it sounds super sus.
I guess? I don't really want to get into a discussion over ballot result conspiracies, especially when most of who people think would win are already characters (:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley::ultinkling:).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I guess? I don't really want to get into a discussion over ballot result conspiracies, especially when most of who people think would win are already characters (:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley::ultinkling:).
For all we know, those weren't "realizable characters" in Sakurai's eyes. :dr^_^:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Now the funny thing is that Wynn probably wasn't the only person who had this dedication. I'm fairly certain this total numeric isn't that big in the grand scheme of things.

But I will say casting 55,800 votes for a single character is some dedication.
Did voting more than once even matter? I'd like to think Nintendo set it up so only one vote per IP address counted. And I doubt Wynn had access to thousands of IP addresses.

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even know you could vote multiple times in the ballot. Heck I don't even remember who I voted for!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
imagine not voting multiple times in the ballot

pretty sure I ended up voting for like... 5 separate characters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

I voted for 2 separate characters (K. Rool and Agitha).

One is playable the other isn't.

Still rooting for the best princess to pull through!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I didn't even know you could vote multiple times in the ballot. Heck I don't even remember who I voted for!
You probably can't. And judging by the fact that there are certain fan polls and such can have higher numbers than it I'd say they had some good measures in place to avoid people voting twice.

I only voted only once like a good little boy.

Too bad that doesn't make Amaterasu any more likely. I probably wasted my vote to be honest. No regrets though.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Meanwhile, I didn’t vote for anyone on the ballot, so that I could be that guy who opted not to vote on the ballot.
My motivations are weird...

But yeah, it’d be interesting to know if the multi-votes counted.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I remember reading a salty post right after the Direct about how it was because of all the people who wasted their votes on Goku and Shrek that she won because of how Sakurai said she was the "most voted realizable character".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom