• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Yeah, I remember when Jack Sparrow outwitted Master Xehanort via parley and he had to give up the X-Blade. Completely robbed us of the final boss battle. Thanks Disney.
It blew my mind when we found out that Xehanort was Winnie-the-Pooh all along.
His was a tragic story...
Willing to recreate the world, because of a lack of honey

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Further news for those with plans involving the Nintendo World store in NYC.

Of course the closing won't be permanent, but the top priority right now is the safety of everyone involved. Health officials even recommended against large gatherings recently. Which means when the next Direct comes around, whenever that is, there won't be anyone at the NYC store to watch live over there, meaning that we won't see the reactions of the customers, but as stated before, safety is the most important thing right now.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Finally finished my third Smash Underdogs article. This time it was on none other than Poochy from the Yoshi series!

While I'm not as proud of this article as I was with the Quote and Axel articles, I think it turned out alright in the end. Hope you all enjoy it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Of course the closing won't be permanent, but the top priority right now is the safety of everyone involved. Health officials even recommended against large gatherings recently. Which means when the next Direct comes around, whenever that is, there won't be anyone at the NYC store to watch live over there, meaning that we won't see the reactions of the customers, but as stated before, safety is the most important thing right now.
The lack of a reaction is the saddest part of all.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
The lack of a reaction is the saddest part of all.
Which means we won't have a reaction like the following examples:
That's assuming we even get FP6 this month and this whole thing blows over by June.
There's also a chance we could get a reveal in April in either a character presentation video or a Direct.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
A direct can easily go without any Smash news. The rumored games are exciting enough to keep us satisfied for a while and they could always announce something out of the blue. I'm keeping my stance on no Direct till E3 was supposed to be to keep myself from getting excited about an upcoming Direct that doesn't happen every week.

Anyways, Sub Zero for Smash

Goombaic

Smash Ace
You'll get Scorpion before Sub-Zero gets in. There's a reason he's the face of Mortal Kombat.
Next you're going to tell me "you'll get Medusa/Hades before Thanatos gets in. They're a more important character." I want Sub Zero over Scorpion, hence why I made a fake pack for him instead of Scorpion. Besides, other than the Classic mode, the content in my fake pack would be the same whether I put Scorpion or Sub Zero up there and you wouldn't have commented on it if it was Scorpion, so let me be.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, I know this probably won't happen because we had a Spirit Event last week, but wouldn't be funny if we had an Indie-themed Spirit Event to go along with the Indie showcase tomorrow?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay, I know this probably won't happen because we had a Spirit Event last week, but wouldn't be funny if we had an Indie-themed Spirit Event to go along with the Indie showcase tomorrow?
The pattern makes it more likely we'd have a Mii Gunner-only tournament.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I second this. Heck, why did they add him in Injustice anyway when they could've went for Liu Kang or Sub??
Does anyone actually like Liu Kang? He's just kinda a generic karate dude. He's got the Bicycle kick I guess, he turns into a Dragon sometimes, that's about it. Both Sub-Zero AND Raiden got in Injustice 2 before him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was always a Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade man when It came to Mortal Kombat.

Johnny Cage and Alien are my MKX reps.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Always been my boy Reptile.

Given he's absent from MK11. Its both Scorpion and Nightwolf my two other fav characters from the franchise. Now that Spawn is coming in he'll definitely be my new main.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You'll get Scorpion before Sub-Zero gets in. There's a reason he's the face of Mortal Kombat.
Agreed. If any MK character gets in it's Scorpion...

Or they could pull a typical Sakurai pull the rug out from under us and add Sub-Zero and Scorpion, which I don't find unlikely.

What is unlikely is any MK character getting in at all due to it being banned in Japan.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Agreed. If any MK character gets in it's Scorpion...

Or they could pull a typical Sakurai pull the rug out from under us and add Sub-Zero and Scorpion, which I don't find unlikely.

What is unlikely is any MK character getting in at all due to it being banned in Japan.
That I would not oppose actually. It'd be even better.

Also Mortal Kombat banned in Japan is an misconception. It's just not localized there.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That I would not oppose actually. It'd be even better.

Also Mortal Kombat banned in Japan is an misconception. It's just not localized there.
Even still, unless Sakurai is aware of the effect MK had on the 90s fighting game scene like he was for Fatal Fury, it seems like a game that is rather invisible to Japanese audiences would be a pretty tough sell.

I'm not denying it tho. If Nintendo of America had any say so in a "list" of sorts that was presented to Sakurai, I'm sure Scorpion or Sub-Zero or both would've been on there.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I wish classic mode ideas were talked about more often. I feel like I'd be much more receptive and caring about some ideas if someone just told me the fun little classic mode their most wanted would come along with. Also, it's the most I'll ever play of some characters, so I might be more fond of classic mode than others are.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Even the admins are believing the lies?

tenor.gif

Even still, unless Sakurai is aware of the effect MK had on the 90s fighting game scene like he was for Fatal Fury, it seems like a game that is rather invisible to Japanese audiences would be a pretty tough sell.
Flashback to when everyone in a Japanese youtube comment section kept calling Doom Slayer just another Samus.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Are you legit ignoring the evidence that @Bolderousness provided which proves that general directs can still happen in April?
2017 was a different set of circumstances. Nintendo was able to utilize the success of the Switch for their fiscal year end prospects for shareholders. Right now, Nintendo has literally nothing going on going into the next fiscal year outside of Xenoblade coming "eventually". This is an incredibly bad position to be in at the end of the fiscal year, especially in a worldwide crashing economy due to outside forces.

D

Deleted member

2017 was a different set of circumstances. Nintendo was able to utilize the success of the Switch for their fiscal year end prospects for shareholders. Right now, Nintendo has literally nothing going on going into the next fiscal year outside of Xenoblade coming "eventually". This is an incredibly bad position to be in at the end of the fiscal year, especially in a worldwide crashing economy due to outside forces.
If it's out of their control and they gotta release the direct in April so be it. That's just where the chips fall due to, as you say, outside forces. However, that evidence you're debating was for a guy saying "no way can Nintendo do a direct in April," because I wanted to show that a direct has indeed happened in April.

Either way, we're most definitely getting a direct before June. I think we can agree there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wish classic mode ideas were talked about more often. I feel like I'd be much more receptive and caring about some ideas if someone just told me the fun little classic mode their most wanted would come along with. Also, it's the most I'll ever play of some characters, so I might be more fond of classic mode than others are.
Here's one for Sora basing it off of the plot of the first kingdom hearts:

Battle 1: vs One of the many anime swordsmen on tortimer island, imitating the first fight with riku.

Battle 2: team up with Duck hunt and fight a giant ROB on a traverse town stage, imitating the fight where Sora, Donald and Goofy first met.

Battle 3: vs Cloud on colloseum.

Battle 4: vs one of Sora's pallets swaps on Pirate ship, replicating Sora's shadow boss on Neverland

Battle 5: vs Corrin on Draculas castle, replicating the Riku fight near the end of the game.

Boss: dracula, replicating ansem.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Even the admins are believing the lies?

View attachment 265995

Flashback to when everyone in a Japanese youtube comment section kept calling Doom Slayer just another Samus.
It's not banned! Stop saying that, people, it's not true!
Lort, people, it was an honest mistake and, honestly, really not that big of a deal. It's not well known or even played in Japan either way. Didn't mean to cause a ruckus lol.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Here's one for Sora basing it off of the plot of the first kingdom hearts:

Battle 1: vs One of the many anime swordsmen on tortimer island, imitating the first fight with riku.

Battle 2: team up with Duck hunt and fight a giant ROB on a traverse town stage, imitating the fight where Sora, Donald and Goofy first met.

Battle 3: vs Cloud on colloseum.

Battle 4: vs one of Sora's pallets swaps on Pirate ship, replicating Sora's shadow boss on Neverland

Battle 5: vs Corrin on Draculas castle, replicating the Riku fight near the end of the game.

Boss: dracula, replicating ansem.
How have I never thought of Duck Hunt = Donald and Goofy? I love it. Maybe have someone stand in for Hercules when fighting Cloud, like Terry.

osby

Smash Obsessed
We do have a thread for that if you are interested.

She's not my most wanted, but I'd like to play as 2B and she can fight against robotic/metallic fighters in her classic mode:
  1. VS :ultsamus::ultdarksamus: in Frigate Orpheon
  2. VS :ultrob: in Port Town Aero Dive
  3. VS :ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter: (Mecha Suit, Cybernetic Suit, High-Tech Armor) in Shadow Moses Island
  4. VS :ultridley: (Meta Ridley alt) in Midgar
  5. VS :ultmegaman: in Wily Castle
  6. VS :ultmario::ultluigi: (Metal) in Unova Pokemon League
The final boss is Galleom.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's one for Mega Man X. Based mostly on bosses from his first few games. Much like OG Mega Man, you can take his Arcade Mode and also make spirit fights out of them, but with different colors and more gimmicks.

Stage 1. :ultfalco: Pilotwings, like Storm Eagle
Stage 2. :ultdk: On Frigate Orpheon, like Spark Mandrill
Stage 3. :ultkrool: On New Donk, like Wheel Gator
Stage 4. :ultincineroar: On DK Jungle 64, like Neon Tiger
Stage 5. :ultridley: or :ultryu: On Norfair, like Magma Dragoon
Stage 6. Mirror Match or :ultrob:/:ultmegaman: on Central Highway, as Vile

Galleom as Sigma for the final fight.

Jin Kazama's would be mostly based on Tekken 3 fights, as that's his debut game.

1. :ultinklingboy:(Green Male) in place of Eddy Gordo on a Beach Stage with a Pink :ultinkling: in place of Christie. Like a Tekken Tag match.
2. :ultincineroar: in place of King on the Boxing Ring stage.
3. Giant :ultmegaman: in place of Jack/Gun Jack
4. :ultzss: in place of Nina Williams and :ultbayonetta: in place of Anna Williams. Minor reference to Tekken Tag.
5. :ultken: in place of Hwoarang.
6. Mirror Match in place of Heihachi

I don't know which boss would work the best for Orge, maybe Ganon?

Those were ideas I could immidiately think of. I'll try to do one for Chun-Li or Lara at some other point.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I learned from PapaGenos that there's a big rumor going around that Sony's looking to buy several Konami franchises.
Please be false false false. I don't wanna lose Snake, Simon, and Richter in Smash.
I love Castlevania, but I don't wanna buy a PlayStation to play it.
Ugh. **** Sony. They are a soulless corporation that only sees dollar signs. PlayStations are just inferior PCs with a bad controller. Why the **** is the left analog stick on the BOTTOM? That's so dumb and unergonomic. I even gave Nintendo hell for ****ing up the Wii U Pro Controller by putting the buttons on the bottom, but they fixed it with Switch. Why even own a PlayStation? It's not as powerful as a PC, but it's not portable like the Switch. Goddamn. Don't take my Castlevania away. Your last good console was the PSX, because consoles were fundamentally different in the 90s instead of being modified PCs nowadays. At least your games were different than the Nintendo 64, so I could enjoy them for what they were. Now you just pay off companies for exclusivity on your ****ty box. Boo! Either publish your games for multiple platforms or put some pride into your consoles like Nintendo.
Ugh. **** you, Sony. Don't you DARE take Castlevania from me!
**** CAPITALISM! SEIZE THE GODDAMNED MEANS OF PRODUCTION!
REVOLUTION!!!!!! :ultbrawler:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I learned from PapaGenos that there's a big rumor going around that Sony's looking to buy several Konami franchises.
Please be false false false. I don't wanna lose Snake, Simon, and Richter in Smash.
Ugh. **** Sony. They are a soulless corporation that only sees dollar signs. PlayStations are just inferior PCs with a bad controller. Why the **** is the left analog stick on the BOTTOM? That's so dumb and unergonomic. I even gave Nintendo hell for ****ing up the Wii U Pro Controller by putting the buttons on the bottom, but they fixed it with Switch. Why even own a PlayStation? It's not as powerful as a PC, but it's not portable like the Switch. Goddamn. Don't take my Castlevania away. Your last good console was the PSX, because consoles were fundamentally different in the 90s instead of being modified PCs nowadays. At least your games were different than the Nintendo 64, so I could enjoy them for what they were. Now you just pay off companies for exclusivity on your ****ty box. Boo! Either publish your games for multiple platforms or put some pride into your consoles like Nintendo.
**** CAPITALISM! SEIZE THE GODDAMNED MEANS OF PRODUCTION!
REVOLUTION!!!!!! :ultbrawler:
Can we PLEASE stop this baseless rumour when realistically speaking, Konami would have to actively want to kill themselves to be ok with this, ESPECIALLY as they're actively using one of those 3 IPs again?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Most people think the "leak" is fake, namely because many of those franchises would lose them a lot of money if they got rid of it. MGS and Silent Hill are pretty big deals, and CV/Bomberman/Contra are good classic series people have a lot of reverence for. So selling any of them would be kind of dumb.

But aside from me liking Insomniac's Spider-Man game(and really most of Insomniac's titles), I won't stand for the Playstation 2 slander though. That console had too many iconic games on it to be a bad system.

And really, Nintendo and Microsoft aren't your buddies either. They're also companies looking to get your cash money fam.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
To be fair, Konami has already taken CV from you. Along with all its other franchises.

But yeah, I'd rather Nintendo bought them.

Konami would have to actively want to kill themselves to be ok with this
Except for the part where Konami would be fine, because most of the company's money doesn't come from video games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom