• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
huh... did not expect that at all

we're gonna be getting pretty much every notable western indie at this rate, huh?

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So it's a black spirit themed event with a spirit of Lotus from Warframe as the only new spirit added.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I think those are all base game spirits. The theming is the color black.

No deaths for an entire month. The whole month, I was paranoid of a Puyo Puyo Spirit Event, because now was the time to announce it. Blowing a marketing opportunity like that seems odd.

I legitimately think the coast is clear for Arle right now. Getting Resident Evil'd is always a possibility, but for now it's smooth sailing.

P.S. No, there is a death. R.I.P. Lotus from Warframe. I just hope I didn't jinx it. Only one character died the whole month.

D

Deleted member

warframe spirit

Phew...

But damn. My cousin is like, hooked on that game in the Switch.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Warframe is the kind of thing that I've gathered is big just from cursory context, yet I know nothing about it, know no one who plays it, nor hear anyone ever talk about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But cool, I guess. Smash eats another series.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think those are all base game spirits. The theming is the color black.

No deaths for an entire month. The whole month, I was paranoid of a Puyo Puyo Spirit Event, because now was the time to announce it. Blowing a marketing opportunity like that seems odd.

I legitimately think the coast is clear for Arle right now. Getting Resident Evil'd is always a possibility, but for now it's smooth sailing.

P.S. No, there is a death. R.I.P. Lotus from Warframe. I just hope I didn't jinx it. Only one character died the whole month.
Personally, I'm still a bit pessimistic about Arle and Phoenix's chances. We did get RE out of nowhere and Astral Chain got their Spirits far past the point of advertisement, too.

Fingers crossed.

andree123

Smash Ace
warframe spirit

Okay, but this is pretty much unexpected, okay.

D

Deleted member

Warframe is the kind of thing that I've gathered is big just from cursory context, yet I know nothing about it, know no one who plays it, nor hear anyone ever talk about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But cool, I guess. Smash eats another series.
More like Spirited Away if ya ask me.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Warframe spirit is pretty interesting.

Also I actually didn't know Infinite was a spirit.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I will say this: all these western games like Cuphead, Assassin's Creed and now Warframe getting representation in Smash, even if just as Mii costumes and spirits, does give me hope that we'll see at least one more playable western designed character as DLC before they close up shop.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Jonesy would have a serious case in my books, but we have yet to get a third party that's that young. Even Bayonetta was older when she was added to Smash 4 through DLC, her series being around 6 years old (assuming Bayo was negotiated for in 2015). Fortnite was only over a year old when Smash Ultimate came out, and is currently 2 approaching 3.

I don't expect anybody less than 6 years old for third parties to get in (when it comes to series). Joker and Hero ver. Eleven the Luminary stretch it for individual characters, but Persona (even without counting Tensei) and DQ are way older than their most recent installments.

It's the real reason I think indies outside of Reimu and Quote are mostly dead, most of them are too new. Shovel Knight, Shantae, and maybe possibly Frisk debatably survive barely.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I will say this: all these western games like Cuphead, Assassin's Creed and now Warframe getting representation in Smash, even if just as Mii costumes and spirits, does give me hope that we'll see at least one more playable western designed character as DLC before they close up shop.
Ironically it's the opposite for me. Banjo was pretty lucky to make it, and even then he was pretty much Nintendo owned before the Microsoft buyout.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So at this rate, Fortnite's coming next, right
You know, jokes aside, I do think a Fortnite character should be a serious contender for FP2
I don't know about Fortnite getting a playable character, but if nothing else, could see it getting acknowledged through at least a Spirit Event.

More like Spirited Away if ya ask me.
Studio Ghibli is my favorite Nintendo series. Howl's Moving Castle Spirit Event when?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Holy **** Warframe? That's pretty unexpected. I never would've imagine Warframe to ever be in Smash, so I'm pretty hyped up about this.

I believe this is also the first Free To Play game in Smash, so that's pretty remarkable.
Actually, if I'm not forgetting any, it's the third.

Fire Emblem Heroes has two songs (Gear Up For and the Heroic Origins remix of the main theme), and Nintendo Badge Arcade got two songs and a spirit and Assist Trophy for Arcade Bunny.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much. Banjo kind of made a breakthrough with western companies in Smash. Microsoft got in, Kirkhope is the first western composer to work a remix in Smash, and we later get several other western-developed series like Undertale and Assassin's Creed. It's pretty cool to see how broad Smash is becoming with its selections, even if they're just mii costumes or other random ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
anyways, Fortnite is happening in some shape or form by the end of Ultimate's run

you heard it here first

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
At this rate, I wouldn't be shocked if we get a few more unexpected series to get the Spirit treatment: Ones that people may have memed or thought impossible but end up getting a spirit or even an entire spirit board in Smash. It'd be quite interesting to see certain franchises getting that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
anyways, Fortnite is happening in some shape or form by the end of Ultimate's run

you heard it here first
Just because it's not a checklist of core fan requests doesn't mean it's a checklist of the top 10 most popular games.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

you heard it here first
I'd still be very, very surprised if Minecraft didn't happen in some form before the end of Ultimate. Considering its popularity and the fact that Microsoft is already onboard with Banjo.

Whether it's a full on playable character with Steve, or just a Mii costume and/or some spirits, remains to be seen.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
According to the Twitter post, the Warframe spirit can be enhanced.

No idea what it'll enhance into, considering I have 0 clue what the hell Warframe even is, but it sure can do it.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm looking forward to the day when I log on and see that there's a random Spyro Spirit event announcement.

Ha ha, no I'm not.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I'm looking forward to the day when I log on and see that there's a random Spyro Spirit event announcement.

Ha ha, no I'm not.
Honestly? That'd be a miracle in of itself considering how unpopular Spyro is in Japan due how butchered his games were when they were localized. It was so bad that Year of the Dragon never came out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom