• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Y'know, I never thought about asking him why he doesn't show up in general speculation though I'm probably also sure someone else asked that question (and it came up more than once) and he already answered it.
Um... Maybe because people genuinely hate me in this thread to the point that even admins have advised me not to post in here? No joke, this site has more or less quarantined me to the Geno thread. The Geno thread is one of the only places I can post and people keep their composure. Like the tehponycorn said, it's actually not an exaggeration that people unironically hate me outside Discord and the Geno thread.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I said, even Venus of the Desert Bloom and Strong Badam have intervened in this stuff so, just for the sake of everyone, don't tag me in this thread or even talk about me here. It always leads to fights and then some random goob uses it as justification for harassment here or Discord. There was even a doxx attempt on my parents in December over this stuff so, yeah, people are crazy and why I try to stay inside my assigned cardboard box for theories and speculation.

D

Deleted member

You should call yourself Bogeymanonice since some people see you like that here lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Like I said, even Venus of the Desert Bloom and Strong Badam have intervened in this stuff so, just for the sake of everyone, don't tag me in this thread or even talk about me here. It always leads to fights and then some random goob uses it as justification for harassment here or Discord. There was even a doxx attempt on my parents in December over this stuff so, yeah, people are crazy and why I try to stay inside my assigned cardboard box for theories and speculation.
I'm sorry.....that people are mean. But I do like your ideas, at least.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Um... Maybe because people genuinely hate me in this thread to the point that even admins have advised me not to post in here? No joke, this site has more or less quarantined me to the Geno thread. The Geno thread is one of the only places I can post and people keep their composure. Like the tehponycorn said, it's actually not an exaggeration that people unironically hate me outside Discord and the Geno thread.
Being essentially forced to post on a single section of a site despite one's veteran status as a user is no bueno. You deserve better then that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Droodle

Smash Lord
Cygames is involved in smash bros. Ultimate, thoughts?
They've been involved since the base game. They helped with music.

They're pretty big in Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised that gbf gets a character. That said, I think this particular info means nothing.

If they do get a character it'll probably Gran/Djeeta with a summon mechanic. Or it'll end up being one of their crossover kings like Sandalphon.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
I know people probably aren't super excited for Ryu Hayabusa or anything, there hasn't been a Ninja Gaiden since 2014? But I think imagining his potential moveset his great, based on his original game. Sure, him clinging to the wall and just being able to hang out there would be annoying so they'd have to do something about that- Sides that though, I imagine he'd be a lot of fun to play

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know people probably aren't super excited for Ryu Hayabusa or anything, there hasn't been a Ninja Gaiden since 2014? But I think imagining his potential moveset his great, based on his original game. Sure, him clinging to the wall and just being able to hang out there would be annoying so they'd have to do something about that- Sides that though, I imagine he'd be a lot of fun to play
Hayabusa was one of the most speculated characters for like 8 months so people are a tad burned out on him, though he's generally seen as a cool option

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Ryu Hayabusa is one of my most wanted. Being a fan of both the NES and Xbox games I can see a ton of moveset potential for him, and that's not even accounting for his Dead or Alive appearances.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean... they are involved with FE content since the FE events in Dragalia Lost, no? I don't think it means much.

Plus I see Dragalia having a relatively better chance compared to Cygames' in-house stuff.
People keep saying this but honestly, what's the reasoning behind it? Dragalia Lost is fully owned by Nintendo, sure, but Nintendo owns 10% of Cygames, meaning negotiations and royalties would be just as easy

I.D.

Smash Lord
Maybe with versus out I should finally get to making that granblue/cygames support thread (katalina not allowed)

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I told you all Katalina is still making it in. The rumours are still holding true

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes, a 20 pixel cameo in another character's moveset is truly representation equal to being a playable fighter.
still gonna stick to what I said, as I don’t see that taunt not deconfirming him (I mean, other characters with similar enough small rep haven’t become playable so far), so unless that magically backfires on me...
B018951A-9AC6-4874-A058-08D082DEA98A.gif
Well, I hope your most wanted character isn't The Prince of All Cosmos or Don-chan...
They gave me Byleth, I have no need for any of the 6 dlc fighters to be people I truly want...tho I won’t deny that Don-Chan would’ve made for a pretty wholesome assist trophy character

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
I bet you my arm she won't lol but yeah Granblue is relevant right now I guess
I don’t think she is happening too, I was just kidding around because the idea of her getting in caused a storm around when it was leaked because people couldn’t bear the idea of a disgusting gacha character coming into any form of contact with their game imaginable even via the means of a 10 ft pole

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hopefully we do get some Smash news for a direct. It's not like Smash news only exists to show characters, they could be working on different game modes, fixing hazard-less stages so they're more competitively friendly. Maybe they're adding more past stages like Poke floats, Melee Mute City and Pac-Maze. Maybe the most unlikely of them all is they might throw a curveball and give us a surprise bonus character that isn't part of the Volume 2 fighters pass.

I'd like to see Ryu Hayabusa mainly because like Simon and Megaman, he'd play like his NES self and I like those kinds of characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Found this.
Just wanted to say I really wouldn't put the "fantasy swordsman" thing as an actual point. The caveat was always that it was a western fantasy swordsman. That's why the discussion about that always defaulted to the Dragonborn and never included characters like Byleth, Lloyd, Adol, Rex, Isaac, Euden, Gran/Djeeta, Katalina, or Saber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom