• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
What do...you mean?
If you mean ‘what do you mean’ by how they said gooigi can’t be in because he’s a third party character then I believe that it was a joke mainly because Nintendo hasn’t said such a thing and gooigi isn’t third party. He is his own entity. He doesn’t need Nintendo

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don't want to hear about how sexist Nintendo is blah blah blah. Not today please.
I can't imagine someone genuinely overreacting in thinking Nintendo is sexist just because the protagonist of a game gets first Dibs in smash

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So for a while I've been contemplating where to steer my prediction. Do I lean with Arle with the mountain of evidence for her? Do I go with Dante because of there being info for DMC tomorrow? Do I lean with Doom Slayer because of the cacomallow leak and the colors around Sakurai?

But now I've decided on one character. Finally......Doom Slayer. I don't care if a certain leaker "deconfirmed" him. He still has too much going for him at the moment.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Sigh.

So Bayonetta was hated right from the very beginning.

She’s still hated now. I see the comments where people say she needs to stay dead, worst thing to ever happen to smash, carries. Etc.

I’ve heard it all, and I’ve talked to people who gave me crap for using bayonetta.

It’s part of the reason I don’t like the smash fanbase generally speaking.
If it makes you feel better, the people who were/are upset about Bayo would be upset with literally anyone that isn't a few specific characters
hero tomorrow are y'all ready
My phone's a tad cracked on the left side so I read that as Nero and god, could you imagine Nero instead of Dante? Would be hella ****ing wild with a ****ton of controversy but I'm game

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay, I'm lockng it down.

Prediction: Professor Layton. Just a gut feeling, remembering some old scuttlebutt, stuff like that. Nothing really concrete, just a vibe.
Wants (plausible): Phoenix Wright, Arle Nadja
Wants (deconfirmed but would actually cry if it happened): Travis Touchdown
Crazy out-there possibilities: Literally anyone, but I'm vibing with Master Chief
Wildcard: Euden (Dragalia Lost)

And of course it could be none of these at all. A Bandai-Namco character like Heihachi, Lloyd, Velvet, or Don-Chan are still possible. It could be Jason from Blaster Master for all we know. Or, like, Kunio-kun. Who knows? I'm just excited to see who it could be! I just hope it doesn't leak at this point.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Hoping for Hornet. If not, then maybe someone like Lloyd.
If it's not both of them... then I'm ok with almost anything. Just bring it to me.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Pretty much this. This is part of the reason why I've been warning people since November about having sky high expectations for 5.

Going through Smash history, these are your "final" reveals (excluding clones and semi clones): :ultjigglypuff::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta1::ultincineroar:

Send in the clones and you get: :ultroy::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultdarkpit::ultken:

Out of these 12 characters, Wolf was probably the best received on their release but he was also swamped with controversy because of Krystal. So, this being said, final Smash reveals are almost entirely either:

-characters virtually no one asked for

or

-decently popular characters but super controversial
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U's last reveal was Shulk. Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt were kept secret until the game's release. Also, did Super Smash Bros. even have reveals? Don't think the game was big enough that they could excite people with just characters at that time.

Regardless I still hate this argument. I mean, it's wise to not get too emotionally attached to a certain outcome, but I feel this swings way too far in the opposite direction.

EDIT: Also, Jigglypuff was a clone in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
So for a while I've been contemplating where to steer my prediction. Do I lean with Arle with the mountain of evidence for her? Do I go with Dante because of there being info for DMC tomorrow? Do I lean with Doom Slayer because of the cacomallow leak and the colors around Sakurai?

But now I've decided on one character. Finally......Doom Slayer. I don't care if a certain leaker "deconfirmed" him. He still has too much going for him at the moment.
Yeah I’m really torn between byleth or doom guy. Disappointment but lots of lovely salt or happiness and reactions to cherish for many years to come

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U's last reveal was Shulk. Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt were kept secret until the game's release. Also, did Super Smash Bros. even have reveals? Don't think the game was big enough that they could excite people with just characters at that time.

Regardless I still hate this argument. I mean, it's wise to not get too emotionally attached to a certain outcome, but I feel this swings way too far in the opposite direction.
Smash 64 reveals would be going off the website updates.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly, my wants are so very specific that I'm really not expecting any kind of reveal that satisfies me. Not after the entire rest of the Pass has been one disappointment after another for me.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
To be fair, that's supposed to be the symbol for Sharp in music.
Then again, Japan slaps the RE: line from emails in titles all the time so it's hard to tell.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Agreed. Plus it wasn't until after DLC was announced and probably picked that Doom Slayer started to get traction and popularity.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, my wants are so very specific that I'm really not expecting any kind of reveal that satisfies me. Not after the entire rest of the Pass has been one disappointment after another for me.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
It’s technically a Sharp musical symbol in the title, not a hashtag

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I'm not super up to date on what the board has been talking about as of late, but let's all just remember to not get our hopes up. Nothing is set in stone, and we shouldn't expect the world from the Smash team and Sakurai.

Let's all just try to be positive with Byleth whoever it ends up being

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I know that the dlc is an **** fest, but really, calling them sexist for some messing characters?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Didn't Nintendo say that it won't be a 3rd party char?
Unless there is an interview I¨ve missed, the only thing that has been officially said is Reggie saying "characters entirely new to Smash" not IPs entirely new to Smash. The reason why its reasonable to think that the fifth will be a third party is because of the pattern of this fighters pass.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A property that can be considered Nintendo without actually being first party and kept relevant thanks to Nintendo (mostly) according to the one who was leaking this on Resetera. As of yesterday, anyway; I haven't seen if there's an update.

So, on those grounds, my bets are on
Ryu Hayabasa (Ninja gaiden series was infamous on NES)
Shadow or Dr. Robotnik (Sonic series wasn't 'kept alive' by Nintendo, but most of its exclusives are there and it feels very nintendo)
KOS-MOS (Xeno series may have debuted on Playstation, but the Xenoblade series is kept alive on Nintendo and KOS-MOS does make cameos)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He said that one of his leaker friends predict / theorize that a triple reveal

Which means it isn't happening

-double lol-
This is objectively false and I'd appreciate it if you fact checked this stuff next time. I know you don't like me but don't drag my contacts. They're my friends and I won't tolerate it. The following post is a copy from a post I made on Christmas Day on Discord.

Already did this on two Discord channels on Christmas and I'm now making this public here because one of these Smash rumors was a "Christmas gift" after wishing them a Merry Christmas.

I decided to compile all the Smash rumors from my four contacts since early November as easy reference:

-All my contacts believe that 5 and 6 will be shown in the same presentation or at least very close together.

-Most of my contacts believe Cacomallow is real. One doesn't.

-Most of my contacts believe 5 will be one of the only Western characters added. Most agree on the identity but, again, one guy doesn't. They still all agree it's a Western character though..

-Lots of disagreements about 6. Some say it's a bonus character (like Plant), one says it's a full pack, complete with a stage, music, and 6 Mii costumes. On that topic...

-One of the two Christmas rumors: For the Pack 6 rumors, character will be totally unrelated to all its content. The pack will include 4 Mii costumes from the same series and 2 indies with music from two totally different games. Supposedly it will come with a spirit board too, again, totally unrelated to the character.

-One absolutely crazy rumor from November that 5, 6, and 7 will all be revealed together. None of my contacts believe it but half have heard it.

-Based on rumors, the purpose of "Season 2" seems to be to knock out long time fan requests more than anything else. THIS IS MY OWN SPECULATION. Most of the "strongest" names in insider circles have been characters requested since Brawl or even Melee.

-According to rumors, Indies and echoes are all but confirmed toast. One of the few things all my contacts agree on. THIS IS OUR SPECULATION. Sakurai already deconfirmed echoes himself but the evidence is super stacked now that he was 100% serious. Best treatment for Indies seems to be the "Sans treatment." It's gotten to the point that Travis and Steve are the only two indies that my contacts believe have a real chance of becoming playable eventually but I honestly doubt both (especially Steve given he was already leakbait for Banjo).

-The other Christmas rumor I got from a different contact then the previous one: SNES game dump to be announced "soon" but no specific games mentioned. They had very strong guesses for three of them based on things "they knew."

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I'm not super up to date on what the board has been talking about as of late, but let's all just remember to not get our hopes up. Nothing is set in stone, and we shouldn't expect the world from the Smash team and Sakurai.

Let's all just try to be positive with Byleth whoever it ends up being
Exactly. The big thing I'm noticing is this big misinformation that is happening and "insiders" appearing now out of nowhere to vouch for X or Y now of all times after the Radio Silence since VGA's. This smells like it, only for people to be caught entirely off-guard by the reveal, even if FP5 really leaked beforehand. Unless Nintendo leaks it themselves, I'm not buying what is happening right now at ResetEra.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I know that the dlc is an **** fest, but really, calling them sexist for some messing characters?
I wouldn't call it sexist to not have any female characters in the Fighter's Pass. It's a missed opportunity not having any, but I don't believe that this was done maliciously

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Something intriguing Papagenos brought up in his video is that Sakurai tweeted the presentation in English and the only other time he did that was with Banjo & Kazooie.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Like check if he tweeted the Terry or Hero presentations in English as well?

Edit: I checked it and nope. He did not tweet out any of the other presentations in English, not even with Banjo & Kazooie as far as I've seen so this is the first time he has tweeted out a Mr. Sakurai presents in English. Very intriguing...

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Something intriguing Papagenos brought up in his video is that Sakurai tweeted the presentation in English and the only other time he did that was with Banjo & Kazooie.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? Like check if he tweeted the Terry or Hero presentations in English as well?

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

You only need to scroll down a little bit to see his English tweet.

Yes he did. He only tweeted in English for Banjo. Though he did not for the other fighters. That implies that this character is more familiar to western audiences than most of the other dlc fighters (again characters like Doom Slayer).

Last edited:

Herocin

Smash Journeyman

I checked the terry presentation tweet and it was Japanese as for the banjo presentation I didn’t check because A) it’d require me scrolling throw his tweet history for a long time and b) nothing was tweeted about the banjo presentation as we only found out it existed in the middle of the direct so I’d assume it wasn’t tweeted about at least not straight away but if anyone knows otherwise please let me know
Terry tweet for reference https://mobile.twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1192059836940210181

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

Droodle

Smash Lord
All right, since this is the last character for Fighters Pass 1; I'll state that my prediction is Adol.

Do I think it is him? Not really. But he would fit the artificing theory in the Geno thread, and the trend of saving a controversial character for last; even if they are noteworthy enough to be in Smash. I don't really believe those theories either, though.

Besides it'll give me brownie points if I'm right.

That said, I'm cool with virtually anyone that gets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom