• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
- CacoMallow will receive it's final judgement in this direct (and I believe it will be real)
The internet will be all over the place tomorrow
I'm surprised people still believe in Cacomallow considering how long it's been since it was shown off. I don't think it's real, but I suppose far crazier things have happened :ultjoker:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Going with Dark Souls as my final prediction. I have zero arguments to explain my decision.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
As far as the poll goes, there's like a 90% chance we'll get someone from the other category; Most of the specific characters have been disconfirmed, I don't think we'll get Heihachi or Lloyd for the sake of diversity, Sakura, Brian, and KOS-MOS are incredibly niche, and Baboom doesn't exist.

D

Deleted member

Since Bethesda is doing the stream for tes online Skyrim announcement on Thursday I don’t think dragon born is 5. I just don’t see him getting announced with tes online Skyrim stream after that. I’ve never seen a fighter announced coincide with something of theres

sounds dumb but that’s just me

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Since Bethesda is doing the stream for tes online Skyrim announcement on Thursday I don’t think dragon born is 5. I just don’t see him getting announced with tes online Skyrim stream after that. I’ve never seen a fighter announced coincide with something of theres

Maybe DMC3 is crossing over with ESO...

Now Todd can slap "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series" on it..

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I'm still placing my money on the 5th character being niche or at least, a character that isn't commonly discussed about or people already dismissed as being impossible. Whether it's KOS-MOS, Reimu, Travis Touchdown, or someone else in that category, it could be the most likely choice.

Even though it's funny how people think it's gonna be a huge, mainstream character to end the pass off. I see the most talked about characters being Post-pass though.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As far as the poll goes, there's like a 90% chance we'll get someone from the other category; Most of the specific characters have been disconfirmed, I don't think we'll get Heihachi or Lloyd for the sake of diversity, Sakura, Brian, and KOS-MOS are incredibly niche, and Baboom doesn't exist.
you'll be singing a different tune when baboom gets confirmed tomorrow buckaroo

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

That actually makes sense if they happen at the same time; You don't want your fans to miss either announcement.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

Among other reasons like Skyrim being nearly a decade old, and even then being a couple of years old on Switch, and Bethesda being a Western company.
I'd love to see the Dovahkiin, don't get me wrong, but the odds are so stacked against them, especially considering their species isn't even set in stone

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH I don't think the character is going to coincide with another company's plans tomorrow. The character is more than likely completely unrelated to any events tomorrow.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, Professor Layton is another likely character that I think a lot are sleeping on.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Top 3 expects: Dovahkiin, Arle, Dante
Top 3 wants: KOS-MOS, Neku, Elma

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think a lot are sleeping on Layton because A. one of the leakers shot down Level 5 characters and B. Level 5 is having some financial difficulties now the Yokai crazze has died down.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Layton is my "gut feeling" character right now. No explanations, just an inkling.

please sakurai i want a phoenix and layton dual reveal so bad

Top Three Wants: Phoenix, Travis, Arle
Top Three Predictions: Layton, Doomguy, Hayabusa back from the dead

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Among other reasons like Skyrim being nearly a decade old, and even then being a couple of years old on Switch, and Bethesda being a Western company.
You never know honestly. I don't think Skyrim being almost 10 years old would count against it - if anything, it's one of the prime examples of the modern day "Keep games alive (and profitable) as long as possible" mantra within the video game industry.

TBH I don't think the character is going to coincide with another company's plans tomorrow. The character is more than likely completely unrelated to any events tomorrow.
I'm placing my bets on a sudden Bamco character just cause.

I'm not talking Heihachi, Agumon or KOS-MOS. I'm talking Resonance of Fate, God Eater or Soul Calibur.

Also:

Top 3 expects: Dante (either FP5 or Post-Pass 1), Arle, Phoenix
Top 3 wants: Master Chief, KOS-MOS, Dante (out of the frontrunners)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Would his sword be his tilt attacks or smash attacks?
Hard to say as Layton is one of those characters I'm familiar with, but haven't played his games yet.

With what I do know, though, I feel like the sword would only be a minor part of his kit. I think Sakurai would focus more on how a puzzle character would fight rather than another swordie.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm not talking Heihachi, Agumon or KOS-MOS. I'm talking Resonance of Fate, God Eater or Soul Calibur.
DON-CHAN

Did You Know: Don-chan is the only playable non-Mario-related character in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX that is currently not playable in Smash?

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I don't think it's Travis or Dante. I think it might be Layton. I think Arle is getting a Mii Costume.

Change da world
my final message. Goodbye

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
He should use a metal pipe instead, Layton never goes around carrying a weapon because fighting is not his fist course of action, but will improvise weapons if the need for fighting arises, such as lead pipe or a candlestick.
View attachment 257685
View attachment 257686
Ahh I see

I only played the Curious Village so my knowledge in what Layton can do is sadly limited. I'm still intrigued in how a puzzle moveset can be incorporated for Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
DON-CHAN

Did You Know: Don-chan is the only playable non-Mario-related character in Mario Kart Arcade GP that is currently not playable in Smash?
Aren't Mamechi and Blinky playable there too, or am I wrong?

D

Deleted member

Then it's still plausible.

Wrong game!
What I meant was I don’t see him coincididing with tea online stream like moo said

still don’t see him being 5

no fighters have coincided with something else related to their series

Last edited by a moderator:

Saelind Genesis

Smash Apprentice
can we toku people just hang out and ***** about smash together while drunk

No one knows about toku where I live, v sad

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Aren't Mamechi and Blinky playable there too, or am I wrong?
Okay I stand corrected, Mametchi was in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. I was mostly thinking about DX.

I was also counting the ghosts as playable since they're in PAC-MAN's moveset.

Still, erroneous information. With that said though it's Don-chan time put Don-chan in Smash

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
can we toku people just hang out and ***** about smash together while drunk

No one knows about toku where I live, v sad
Most people here only know toku as "Power Rangers and that thing Gwen won't shut up about" so thank **** someone else here knows about it
EnragedImpoliteFieldspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Y'all fools aren't ready for what inspired Captain Falcon tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom