• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That's kind of an understatement. Fates is widely hated by the FE fanbase for a lot of reasons:

-The story is ass. Pure ass.

-Corrin is basically a high schooler's OC and a Gary Stu/Mary Sue.

-Most of the characters are not so subtly built around very specific fetishes.

-Oh God... So many incest dog whistles...

-Fans were pretty pissed the game was split not between one but technically three games.

-Overemphasis on romance and a lot of it is super cringey bull****.

-One of the games has a forced permadeath of a popular character unless you fulfill a very specific condition that the game doesn't even really hint at.

-Really boring maps and mediocre DLC.

I could go on but Fates is pretty much everything wrong with modern FE rolled into one game. Thankfully, Fire Emblem Echoes is a ****in' masterpiece and one of the best remakes of any game I've ever played, full stop. Three Horses is supposedly really good too but I've yet to play it.
Last I checked the maps, challenge and overall level design was pretty damn popular for Conquest. And after Three Houses reused maps and mission objectives all the time, I've seen quite a number of people come around on Fates for at least having very little overlap in terms of gameplay between its three paths.

Wait, who was permadeath'd? I can't remember this.
Kaze. He dies when you don't get an A support with him in Birthright. And worst of all, he doesn't even get replaced by my OC, Wakaze, after his death!

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm quite interested in the identity of the final fighters pass character. Before Nintendo authorized more DLC, FP5 was planned to be the final fighter for Ultimate. I'm interested not just because I want to see who Nintendo originally planned on ending the roster with, but also to imagine how the Smash community would've reacted to this character if they were the last one we're getting.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
People screaming, breeding toxicity, shouting at people who had the nerve to be happy at Bayonetta's inclusion, demanding the ballot results, overall, INCREDIBLY unhealthy enviroment and I ****ed off out of the K.Rool support thread at the time due to the immense screeching. Bayo being the best charactet in the game certainly didn't help to the point some people were still mad after 3 years. **** was ****ing ugly, especially as most of it came from grown ass adults who should know better
Sigh.

So Bayonetta was hated right from the very beginning.

She’s still hated now. I see the comments where people say she needs to stay dead, worst thing to ever happen to smash, carries. Etc.

I’ve heard it all, and I’ve talked to people who gave me crap for using bayonetta.

It’s part of the reason I don’t like the smash fanbase generally speaking.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm quite interested in the identity of the final fighters pass character. Before Nintendo authorized more DLC, FP5 was planned to be the final fighter for Ultimate. I'm interested not just because I want to see who Nintendo originally planned on ending the roster with, but also to imagine how the Smash community would've reacted to this character if they were the last one we're getting.
With the hype they have about this character being a big mystery it's gotta be the most mundane character ever that'll create a lot of salt.

Either that or a character that literally nobody expected to actually join smash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sigh.

So Bayonetta was hated right from the very beginning.

She’s still hated now. I see the comments where people say she needs to stay dead, worst thing to ever happen to smash, carries. Etc.

I’ve heard it all, and I’ve talked to people who gave me crap for using bayonetta.

It’s part of the reason I don’t like the smash fanbase generally speaking.
I just say people that hate a character is only because they suck at fighting them or are mad it isnt their baby that got in

aka, people ******** doesnt matter

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just went for my morning walk with my dogs. Going to the complex to work out in an half hour. Anything happened overnight? Hopefully the character hadn't been leaked.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Just went for my morning walk with my dogs. Going to the complex to work out in an half hour. Anything happened overnight? Hopefully the character hadn't been leaked.
Make sure to play Doom music. Not only will the sick metal music quadruple your performance, but it will also get you in the mood if Doom Slayer is actually announced (which excites me greatly).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Nothing has been leaked and I advice that you don't expect any leaks to come out now that 24 hours are left before the presentation. Any leaker who wanted their five minutes of fame would've leaked already.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nothing has been leaked and I advice that you don't expect any leaks to come out now that 24 hours are left before the presentation. Any leaker who wanted their five minutes of fame would've leaked already.
Alright. More the reason to be excited then! :pimp:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm still confused why the leakers apparently know but are too scared to reveal.
Did the law ninja get their addresses or is there uncertainty?

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
I'm still confused why the leakers apparently know but are too scared to reveal.
Maybe they don't want to ruin the hype?

Which is pretty unlikely, given the nature of leak, but still.
Or it's just sh*t we're going to get.

Still hoping for Reimu.
We need all the good soundtracks there are from that series.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Maybe the character is sora and they are afraid of not only the Nintendo ninja's getting on their case but also Disney's lawyers getting on their case.

...let me dream for a day please.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's all headaches for you because I wouldn't be here to take speculation seriously anymore becuase of THIS...ALL-MALE....DLC. And this pains my heart when there are so many possible females out there...why Sakurai? What's our problem?

#NintendoIsSexist
#UltimateDLCSoMale
Still is a strong chance its a girl. Daisy theory, Arle speculation is high as well. I am banking on Arle as the safe guess, or shantae with Geno also shown for later as my hope.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Harassing/targeting other users
It's not that serious
There more to life then a character in a fighting game

Not getting a character shouldn't cause emotional pain if your functionally adult

He said that?
All in on there not being a triple reveal.
He said that one of his leaker friends predict / theorize that a triple reveal

Which means it isn't happening

-double lol-

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm holding out hope for Crash Bandicoot but I don't think it'll be him.

I'll wait and see what comes. In a way, it's probably a good thing I won't be able to see it live. I don't think I could take the build-up

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With the hype they have about this character being a big mystery it's gotta be the most mundane character ever that'll create a lot of salt.

Either that or a character that literally nobody expected to actually join smash.
Pretty much this. This is part of the reason why I've been warning people since November about having sky high expectations for 5.

Going through Smash history, these are your "final" reveals (excluding clones and semi clones): :ultjigglypuff::ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta1::ultincineroar:

Send in the clones and you get: :ultroy::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultdarkpit::ultken:

Out of these 12 characters, Wolf was probably the best received on their release but he was also swamped with controversy because of Krystal. So, this being said, final Smash reveals are almost entirely either:

-characters virtually no one asked for

or

-decently popular characters but super controversial

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Honestly, my wants are so very specific that I'm really not expecting any kind of reveal that satisfies me. Not after the entire rest of the Pass has been one disappointment after another for me.

Please I swear to god don't use hashtags outside of Twitter
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Didn't Nintendo say that it won't be a 3rd party char?
No.

You might be thinking of someone "in a position to know things" saying the character might be "kinda first party" over on ResetERA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom