• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I know this is premature since Fighter 5 obviously hasn't been revealed yet at the time of this post... but let's try another game:
create another Fighters Pass using the same character "types" as the current one (they can be first-party or third-party).
  1. Modern / "Relevant" character (Joker)
  2. RPG character (Hero)
  3. Platformer character (Banjo & Kazooie)
  4. Fighting Game character (Terry)
  5. ... I dunno, you're free to make up a new category and character for this one
I'll start...
  1. Modern / "Relevant" character - Akira Howard
  2. RPG character - Adol
  3. Platformer character - Crash Bandicoot
  4. Fighting Game character - Sol Badguy
  5. Visual Novel character - Phoenix Wright
1. Modern / "Relevant" character - Travis Touchdown
2. RPG character - Crono
3. Platformer character - Klonoa
4. Fighting Game character - Axel Stone (Beat em ups are just adventurous fighting games)
5. First Person Shooter - Sgt. Cortez!

Cortez Oh Yeah I'm Read.gif

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Did anyone try datamining the new update yet or are we still left with tumbleweeds and whatnot?
There has been virtually nothing of note in data mines for the past year since "Brave" was initially discovered except for the changes to those Attack parameters that didn't really tell us anything about who was/might be coming. Nintendo has learned their lesson, and I severely doubt an extremely minor update to add Dark Samus and Richter Amiibo compatibility would have even contained anything relevant beyond their data.

I think it's time to stop expecting a magical data mine that reveals stuff for Smash. Nintendo has finally wised up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Call me crazy but I'm still wondering about DMC3's exclusive features that are being teased. Ever since Special Edition, the most DMC3 has gotten is just ports, but they're really adding new stuff to a 13 year old game just for a Switch port. I don't buy it, I feel there HAS to be more going on here, no way they did it just because "Teehee what if the Switch version had Style switching?" This alongside how they chose to draw out DMC's Switch games and showed awareness of Dante's Smash popularity, I just can't help the feeling something's up

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Call me crazy but I'm still wondering about DMC3's exclusive features that are being teased. Ever since Special Edition, the most DMC3 has gotten is just ports, but they're really adding new stuff to a 13 year old game just for a Switch port. I don't buy it, I feel there HAS to be more going on here, no way they did it just because "Teehee what if the Switch version had Style switching?" This alongside how they chose to draw out DMC's Switch games and showed awareness of Dante's Smash popularity, I just can't help the feeling something's up
I don't think you're crazy. Dante probably isn't FP5, but I think there's a pretty good chance that Nintendo had Dante somewhere in mind during the period they decided to think about post-Fighter Pass fighters. Also, if he's the first post-FP DLC, I'm so going to joke even more about him being Joker's dad.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think you're crazy. Dante probably isn't FP5, but I think there's a pretty good chance that Nintendo had Dante somewhere in mind during the period they decided to think about post-Fighter Pass fighters. Also, if he's the first post-FP DLC, I'm so going to joke even more about him being Joker's dad.
That's impossible I'm afraid, too many people joke about Dante not knowing what sex is for the joke to catch on

Koopaul

Smash Champion
9 times out of 10 a regular Nintendo Direct usually happens shortly after a Pokémon Direct. Between one or two weeks. I have a feeling the next Direct will be at the end of next week or early in the week after.

Aside from a Smash fighter reveal what's everyone looking forward to in a potential Nintendo Direct? I'm curious about those rumored Wii U ports. I hope The Wonderful 101 is one of them.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
9 times out of 10 a regular Nintendo Direct usually happens shortly after a Pokémon Direct. Between one or two weeks. I have a feeling the next Direct will be at the end of next week or early in the week after.

Aside from a Smash fighter reveal what's everyone looking forward to in a potential Nintendo Direct? I'm curious about those rumored Wii U ports. I hope The Wonderful 101 is one of them.
For the record, Emily Rogers is the one making the claims about those Wii U ports, and she's saying they're 3D World and Pikmin 3.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...pm-edt-11pm-bst.138800/page-164#post-24227577
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...6pm-edt-11pm-bst.138800/page-57#post-24195788
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...eset-the-thread.110533/page-360#post-26168582

This is what she also said about the prospects of a W101 port

There was a problem fetching the tweet

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Why can’t PapaGenos just admit that he secretly wants Arle for FP5?

He has literally been grasping at every straw for her, even though Vergeben has shot her down already.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Good thing Vergeben is full of ****, anyways.

"Banjo has a 99% chance of getting in, guys!" right after the Shinobi tease. He just left that 1% out just in case Shinobi was wrong. LMAO GTFO of here

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Rare Replay notably B-K and B-T maybe even remasters of both.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
"FP 5 can't be any good silly! You know smash reveals never end with a bang. It'll probably be Rillaboom or something stupid like that."
"Like you're totally right! But I kinda feel like this time will different, ya know? Fingers crossed! "

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I'm thinking an direct is likely for next week too especially given amiibo theory which lines up pretty well.

At the chance it isn't though were probably looking at February then.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I know this is premature since Fighter 5 obviously hasn't been revealed yet at the time of this post... but let's try another game:
create another Fighters Pass using the same character "types" as the current one (they can be first-party or third-party).
  2. RPG character (Hero)
  5. ... I dunno, you're free to make up a new category and character for this one
I'll start...
  2. RPG character - Adol
Creeper
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Filia
Red Dragon Caller Sonia for Puzzle game character

D

Deleted member

Every single fighter pass character has been 3rd party so far; I don't think they're going back in house for the last one. I honestly would have liked the whole pass to be a mix of 3rd party and 1st party, but now that we're 4 in, it's not going to turn out that way. Hopefully the second pass has more 1st party characters, though. If it starts off with a 3rd party reveal, then its likely the second pass will be all 3rd party characters as well. They're looking to make this the be-all, end-all fighting game with characters from everywhere at this point lol.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
As long as they keep Wonder Red, Blue, Pink, et. al. and the Viewtiful Joe expy we're gold. Need Captain Falcon in this game.
  1. Wonder-Red
  2. Wonder-Blue
  3. Wonder-Green
  4. Wonder-Pink
  5. Wonder-Yellow
  6. Wonder-White
  7. Wonder-Black
  8. Mario
  9. Luigi
  10. Peach
  11. Bowser
  12. Bowser Jr.
  13. Rosalina
  14. Toad
  15. Daisy
  16. Waluigi
  17. Piranha Plant
  18. Yoshi
  19. Kamek
  20. Wario
  21. Ashley
  22. Donkey Kong
  23. Diddy Kong
  24. Dixie Kong
  25. King K.Rool
  26. Link
  27. Princess Zelda
  28. Ganondorf
  29. Toon Link
  30. Young Link
  31. Midna
  32. Skull Kid
  33. Samus
  34. Ridley
  35. Dark Samus
  36. Kirby
  37. King Dedede
  38. Meta Knight
  39. Bandana Waddle Dee
  40. Fox
  41. Falco
  42. Peppy
  43. Slippy
  44. Krystal
  45. Wolf
  46. Pikachu
  47. Jigglypuff
  48. Mewtwo
  49. Pichu
  50. Lucario
  51. Greninja
  52. Incineroar
  53. Marth
  54. Roy
  55. Ike
  56. Lucina
  57. Robin
  58. Corrin
  59. Chrom
  60. Pit
  61. Palutena
  62. Dark Pit
  63. Villager
  64. Isabelle
  65. Tom Nook
  66. Shulk
  67. Elma
  68. Rex (& Pyra)
  69. Ness
  70. Lucas
  71. Porky
  72. Captain Falcon
  73. Samurai Goroh
  74. Black Shadow
  75. Mr. Game & Watch
  76. R.O.B.
  77. Nana
  78. Popo
  79. Olimar (& Pikmin)
  80. Wii Fit Trainer
  81. Duck Hunt
  82. Inkling Girl
  83. Inkling Boy
  84. Isaac
  85. Springman
  86. Starfy
  87. Dillon
  88. Chibi Robo
  89. Little Mac
  90. Lip (Panel De Pon)
  91. Andy (Advance Wars)
  92. Ray Mk III
  93. Sukapon
  94. Jill (Drill Dozer)
  95. Mallo (Pushmo)
  96. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
  97. Saki (Sin & Punishment)
  98. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
  99. Bayonetta (Special Guest)
  100. Viewtiful Joe (Special Guest)
  101. ...And YOU.
If Game Freak / The Pokémon Company are against the inclusions of Pokémon characters, then in their places:
  1. Henry Fleming (Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
  2. Funky Kong
  3. Nikki
  4. Prince of Sablé
  5. Mona (Wario)
  6. DJ Octavio
  7. Sami (Advance Wars)

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Lord, please don't let FP5 be a Pokémon.
And not just because I have to crack an egg on my forehead if it is.
I just genuinely want ANYTHING else.
The fact that people here are legitimately thinking that a Pokemon will be revealed tomorrow truly showcases the community’s inability to learn from its mistakes, time and time again.

We’ve done this song and dance everytime a game not named Smash gets news, there are never any reveals at game centered Directs, this goes back all the way to a Hyrule Warriors Direct, for goodness sake.

I thought the spirit event should’ve made that obvious, but apparently not.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  1. Wonder-Red
  2. Wonder-Blue
  3. Wonder-Green
  4. Wonder-Pink
  5. Wonder-Yellow
  6. Wonder-White
  7. Wonder-Black
  8. Mario
  9. Luigi
  10. Peach
  11. Bowser
  12. Bowser Jr.
  13. Rosalina
  14. Toad
  15. Daisy
  16. Waluigi
  17. Piranha Plant
  18. Yoshi
  19. Kamek
  20. Wario
  21. Ashley
  22. Donkey Kong
  23. Diddy Kong
  24. Dixie Kong
  25. King K.Rool
  26. Link
  27. Princess Zelda
  28. Ganondorf
  29. Toon Link
  30. Young Link
  31. Midna
  32. Skull Kid
  33. Samus
  34. Ridley
  35. Dark Samus
  36. Kirby
  37. King Dedede
  38. Meta Knight
  39. Bandana Waddle Dee
  40. Fox
  41. Falco
  42. Peppy
  43. Slippy
  44. Krystal
  45. Wolf
  46. Pikachu
  47. Jigglypuff
  48. Mewtwo
  49. Pichu
  50. Lucario
  51. Greninja
  52. Incineroar
  53. Marth
  54. Roy
  55. Ike
  56. Lucina
  57. Robin
  58. Corrin
  59. Chrom
  60. Pit
  61. Palutena
  62. Dark Pit
  63. Villager
  64. Isabelle
  65. Tom Nook
  66. Shulk
  67. Elma
  68. Rex (& Pyra)
  69. Ness
  70. Lucas
  71. Porky
  72. Captain Falcon
  73. Samurai Goroh
  74. Black Shadow
  75. Mr. Game & Watch
  76. R.O.B.
  77. Nana
  78. Popo
  79. Olimar (& Pikmin)
  80. Wii Fit Trainer
  81. Duck Hunt
  82. Inkling Girl
  83. Inkling Boy
  84. Isaac
  85. Springman
  86. Starfy
  87. Dillon
  88. Chibi Robo
  89. Little Mac
  90. Lip (Panel De Pon)
  91. Andy (Advance Wars)
  92. Ray Mk III
  93. Sukapon
  94. Jill (Drill Dozer)
  95. Mallo (Pushmo)
  96. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
  97. Saki (Sin & Punishment)
  98. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
  99. Bayonetta (Special Guest)
  100. Viewtiful Joe (Special Guest)
  101. ...And YOU.
If Game Freak / The Pokémon Company are against the inclusions of Pokémon characters, then in their places:
  1. Henry Fleming (Codename S.T.E.A.M.)
  2. Funky Kong
  3. Nikki
  4. Prince of Sablé
  5. Mona (Wario)
  6. DJ Octavio
  7. Sami (Advance Wars)
>no Octoling Girl and Octoling Boy

we were on the verge of greatness. We were THIS CLOSE!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A part of me wishes for a new Pokemon to be added to Smash, any Pokemon. Sword and Shield had some banging new tunes

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
  2. RPG character (Hero)
I'll start...
  2. RPG character - Adol
1: 2B
2: Rex
3: Hat Kid
4: Morrigan Aensland
5: Monika

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
  2. RPG character (Hero)
I'll start...
  2. RPG character - Adol
1. Modern / "Relevant" - 2B
2. RPG - Elma
3. Platformer - Crash
4. Fighting Game - Min Min
5. Miscellaneous - Steve

there we go, A good mix of wants and probabilities, third parties and first parties, and so on

D

Deleted member

Just like there are updates to add new spirits and things, I can't imagine they couldn't just do an update to add new music from pokemon or whatever they want, really.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just like there are updates to add new spirits and things, I can't imagine they couldn't just do an update to add new music from pokemon or whatever they want, really.
I can imagine that when Sans is the only Mii costume to add music, despite Undertale not being the only series added to Smash in such a way.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why can’t PapaGenos just admit that he secretly wants Arle for FP5?

He has literally been grasping at every straw for her, even though Vergeben has shot her down already.
Because he feels the need to pass himself off as a reputable source for some reason. Seriously, why can't notable figures in the community speculate like normal people?

Be like Jon GameXplain everyone. Credible, but doesn't build a personality around his information. He speculates with the rest of us like a true homie.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I have a question to all the people who actually play smash, casual and competitive. If your dream character got in and turned out to be low tier or you find that you're not having fun playing that character, would you still want to play as that character? What was your reaction if this is already the case with a character currently in.

In my case, tiers don't matter to much to me as it's more about the player and low tiers can still win matches. If I don't like the playstyle, I would try to adjust to it anyway since I wanted the character so much.
As someone who really enjoyed playing with :zeldamelee:, :pt:, :link2:, :zelda:, :ganondorf:, :4ganondorf:, :4zelda:...

I have no issue with tier placement whatsoever. If Dovahkiin ends up being at the bottom of the list, I would't care in the slightest. It's enough of a dream come true.

And the one playstyle I can't play well are the fragile speedsters. I can't imagine they'd do that to my boy. But if they did, just watch how fast I'd suddenly be able to play them.

Sidenote: as much as I don't care about tiers...why are the Zelda characters always on the bottom?
god the wait for FP5 is 200% not going to be worth it
I don't doubt it, for most of us.

But there will be at least one person who thinks it's a dream come true, so there's that. I know that if it ends up being the Dragonborn, I'll think it's glorious, but there'll be a whole salt mine from a decent number of people on this site, if the evidence from the Geno thread is any indication.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

the fact they updated Smash just for amiibo support (probably to coincide with the amiibo online tournament) doesn't help matters at all. in other news, I already don't look forward to whatever the Pokemon Direct has to offer ("here's how you transfer Pokemon over- the Pokemon we're allowing in, we mean") and FEH's latest banner treats some of my favorite characters criminally poor.

time to take a break from video games and follow... football, or something.
Forget the wait, I feel the 5th fighter in general isnt gonna be worth it

D

Deleted member

As someone who really enjoyed playing with :zeldamelee:, :pt:, :link2:, :zelda:, :ganondorf:, :4ganondorf:, :4zelda:...

I have no issue with tier placement whatsoever. If Dovahkiin ends up being at the bottom of the list, I would't care in the slightest. It's enough of a dream come true.

And the one playstyle I can't play well are the fragile speedsters. I can't imagine they'd do that to my boy. But if they did, just watch how fast I'd suddenly be able to play them.

Sidenote: as much as I don't care about tiers...why are the Zelda characters always on the bottom?

I don't doubt it, for most of us.

But there will be at least one person who thinks it's a dream come true, so there's that. I know that if it ends up being the Dragonborn, I'll think it's glorious, but there'll be a whole salt mine from a decent number of people on this site, if the evidence from the Geno thread is any indication.
What’s wrong with geno?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

the fact they updated Smash just for amiibo support (probably to coincide with the amiibo online tournament) doesn't help matters at all. in other news, I already don't look forward to whatever the Pokemon Direct has to offer ("here's how you transfer Pokemon over- the Pokemon we're allowing in, we mean") and FEH's latest banner treats some of my favorite characters criminally poor.

time to take a break from video games and follow... football, or something.
Also doesn’t help the update for the amiibo doesn’t have its pop up expire until January 31, meaning we can’t get 5 until February even if they are revealed.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
What’s wrong with geno?
Nothing directly, I've just been lurking on the thread a bit since there are some rumors there and they tend to go off-topic and talk about general speculation. And a lot of them are also Doomguy supporters, so there's naturally a bit of dismissive/hostile attitude to Dovahkiin as an idea.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also doesn’t help the update for the amiibo doesn’t have its pop up expire until January 31, meaning we can’t get 5 until February even if they are revealed.
It did say to back up replays right? I think the 1/30 that nessdeltarune00 nessdeltarune00 mentioned may be when the amiibo patch hits, with 1/16 being a general direct and 2/13 (it was 2/13 right) being when FP5 is available for download.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The patch for the amiibo is already out so that would be incorrect.
Oh it is?

wonder if anyone’s data mined it, though I doubt it would have anything of significance

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I have a question to all the people who actually play smash, casual and competitive. If your dream character got in and turned out to be low tier or you find that you're not having fun playing that character, would you still want to play as that character? What was your reaction if this is already the case with a character currently in.

In my case, tiers don't matter to much to me as it's more about the player and low tiers can still win matches. If I don't like the playstyle, I would try to adjust to it anyway since I wanted the character so much.
I'm super casual, so I don't really care about tiers. However, the playstyle is very important to me; I hate how Joker plays, for instance, so despite Persona 5 being a game I adore his inclusion was bittersweet. But generally speaking there's very few characters I don't like to play as.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom