• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I’m super ****ing tired of speculation hell around Fighter 5 and their deconfirm list because that basically put literally every viable Smash candidate out of the running.
Not yet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone (geez finally).

I'm betting my 20 pesos that we're REALLY getting something this week.

toonito

Smash Ace
So I didn't find amiibo compatibility charts, but I tried to estimate them based on release dates:
  • Wolf, Ridley, Inkling - December 07, 2018, so 1.0.0, base game or maybe 1.1.0, day 1 patch
  • Piranha Plant, Ice Climbers, K. Rool - February 15 2019, so the closest update is 2.0.0, 2 weeks prior, which had Plant
  • Ken, Young Link, Daisy - April 12 2019, so the closest is 2.0.1, without characters.
  • Pichu, Isabelle, Pokémon Trainer - July 19, 2019, the last update being 3.0.1, post Joker, the update that fixed his Classic mode bug.
  • Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake - September 20, 2019, the last update being 5.0.0, with Banjo and Kazooie.
  • Chrom, Simon, Incineroar - November 8, immediately after Terry, so 6.0.0
  • Dark Samus and Richter - January 17, 2020. Thing is, latest patch was 2 months ago, so there's two possibilities: either they got added in 6.1.0 (November 14), which sounds unlikely or we're getting an update soon.
I'm not sure if they would add amiibo compatibility in minor, unnumbered updates, but... I guess it's also a possibility?
from what i've read dark samus and richter are NOT compatible with our current patch, 6.1.0, so one of two things will happen:

a patch for amiibo compability (6.1.1 based on your analysis) drops alone. This means if my updated Amiibo theory is correct FP5 has until January 31st to release (29th really since all FPs except Hero released on a Wednesday)

OR

the amiibo compatibility patch drops with FP5 and we know FP5 will be patch 7.0.0. If this is the case then FP5 will be released by the 15th at the latest since amiibo compatibility patches are released before a new amiibo wave.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Eh, the little "New!" thingy on the Smash website is still up, so I'm having my doubts on whether or not we're gonna get anything. If it's still up by this time tomorrow, then I'm almost certain that we won't get anything this week.
I think that "New!" thingy just stays up until someone feels like taking it down during a site maintenance session. If I remember correctly some of those notices didn't get taken down until the next "New!" features were added to the site.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
So we have tomorrow and Tuesday to look out for any Nintendo Direct announcement as per usual
If the fifth character is getting shadow dropped the day of the direct, Wednesday night'll be the day (technically here in France the DLC have all dropped early morning Thursdays since all presentations/directs are usually around midnight for us)

D

Deleted member

So we have tomorrow and Tuesday to look out for any Nintendo Direct announcement as per usual
If the fifth character is getting shadow dropped the day of the direct, Wednesday night'll be the day (technically here in France the DLC have all dropped early morning Thursdays since all presentations/directs are usually around midnight for us)
Technically today in my time but...it'll count.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
You know who would be an amazing Smash character but will probably never get in?

Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik.
I hope they start letting third parties get more than one unique character per series. It's the only notable seperation in the way third parties and first parties are treated, and one most people wouldn't have much of a problem with getting rid of. Characters like Alucard, Zero, and Eggman would be hype, arguably moreso than a lot of new third-party franchises.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Or they've just finally wised up to that being a dead giveaway that something is about to happen. It would have only just took a year and a half lol.
I mean, that'd be nice and all, but. . . do you actually believe it?

I think that "New!" thingy just stays up until someone feels like taking it down during a site maintenance session. If I remember correctly some of those notices didn't get taken down until the next "New!" features were added to the site.
Not exactly what I remember, but I can't really deliver any definitive proof for the opposite, either. The holes in the past versions of that website that you can actually look up online are way too spread out to be of much use.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
why did my dark pit post get so many likes

w-w-what was the comedic factor

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
We might see FP5 be announced this week if the Amiibo Theory turns out to be legitimate.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And Wednesday.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
The amount of times I've lurked here and seen people claiming that it "has to be this day, that day, or another day" is getting kinda ridiculous now.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
The amount of times I've lurked here and seen people claiming that it "has to be this day, that day, or another day" is getting kinda ridiculous now.
Really, I think the jokes here have been stalling for far more time than that.

D

Deleted member

At least we're finally going to get Hero released tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Well, a broken clock is right twice a day. Eventually we will get something and people here will be happy because they where "right".

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What are you guys talking about? Who the heck is hero? The game only came out a couple of weeks ago and we're still waiting for Piranha Plant.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Can’t believe we have to wait even LONGER for Banjo and Terry tho... :/
Who's Terry? We don't even know for certain who FP4 is, though right now it's totally looking like Doom Lad and Ryu Hayablueborutosdad.

Banjo and Terry? Nah, the 5chan leak said Steve and Ryu Hayabusa are our next characters.
Nonsense. Steve isn't gonna make it. It's gonna be Doom Dude instead of him.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What are you guys talking about? Who the heck is hero? The game only came out a couple of weeks ago and we're still waiting for Piranha Plant.
Who's Terry? We don't even know for certain who FP4 is, though right now it's totally looking like Doom Lad and Ryu Hayablueborutosdad.

Nonsense. Steve isn't gonna make it. It's gonna be Doom Dude instead of him.
So does that mean... Artorias time for FP5?? /s

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I hope they start letting third parties get more than one unique character per series. It's the only notable seperation in the way third parties and first parties are treated, and one most people wouldn't have much of a problem with getting rid of. Characters like Alucard, Zero, and Eggman would be hype, arguably moreso than a lot of new third-party franchises.
Mega Man X has always been somewhat of a pipe dream for me, so the day he could be actual, legitimate option for Smash Bros excites me to no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom