• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Smash is best as a family friendly series.

If your only argument is "That's subjective," don't even bother. Waste of time.
That's false since the series has gained more sales over the years and I really doubt adding more non-family friendly characters would hurt it.
You don't really elaborate your points, tell us why it should be a family friendly series.

D

Deleted member

Then every argument you guys have made about precedent is now invalid.

M-rated characters being in the game can't be used as an argument to add more now, thanks to you.
....excuse me?

My point was that Goku wasn't an automatic ticket for others of his type due to circumstances. They'd still have to go through a similar situation to even be considered.

That has nothing to do with whatever bull**** point about M-rated characters you were driveling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
I agree, that would be a waste of a time. I think it would be better to ask why you think this is the case.
So, why do you think this is the case?
Because a lot of children play Smash, and I don't think they should be encouraged to play games that are too violent or sexual for them, which Smash does.

That's false since the series has gained more sales over the years and I really doubt adding more non-family friendly characters would hurt it.
You don't really elaborate your points, tell us why it should be a family friendly series.
It has absolutely nothing to do with hurting sales. I don't care about that at all, and in fact, it probably only makes my point stronger.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Dude. Bay-o-****in'-netta is not a kid friendly character in the slightest!
But you already said that precedent doesn't matter, which makes absolutely zero sense.
What if Google theory is real (or if not, but this happens anyway) and Doom Slayer makes it in the game?
Will it be just another mistake that won't happen again?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
He's not gonna back up his arguements. He just wants to be pissy about whatever z list garbage he wanted got tossed aside in favor of picks that cause excitement

Vrbtm

My point was that Goku wasn't an automatic ticket for others of his type due to circumstances. They'd still have to go through a similar situation to even be considered.
Just like M-rated characters being in the game isn't an automatic ticket for Master Chief, Lara Croft, and Doom Slayer. Yet a lot of you seem to think so anyway.

Dude. Bay-o-****in'-netta is not a kid friendly character in the slightest!
But you already said that precedent doesn't matter, which makes absolutely zero sense.
What if Google theory is real (or if not, but this happens anyway) and Doom Slayer makes it in the game?
Will it be just another mistake that won't happen again?
Yes.

That's all I can say.

I would be severely disappointed if Doom Slayer got in, and the only thing I could do is not pay for the DLC and hope they don't make the same mistake in the future.

He's not gonna back up his arguements.
That's all I've been doing, though.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Just like M-rated characters being in the game isn't an automatic ticket for Master Chief, Lara Croft, and Doom Slayer. Yet a lot of you seem to think so anyway.

Yes.

That's all I can say.

I would be severely disappointed if Doom Slayer got in, and the only thing I could do is not pay for the DLC and hope they don't make the same mistake in the future.

That's all I've been doing, though.
You don't even have an arguement. This is all you've been doing.

Vrbtm

He just wants to be pissy about whatever z list garbage he wanted got tossed aside in favor of picks that cause excitement
My most wanted character was Simon, and I don't particularly want or care for anyone else. I've gotten everyone I ever wanted. I'm happy.

D

Deleted member

Let's be real here we aren't really progressing with this guy and we aren't convinced by him. Let's just move on.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
My most wanted character was Simon, and I don't particularly want or care for anyone else. I've gotten everyone I ever wanted. I'm happy.
damn, you're a even a hypocrite!
Is thinking of the children a bad thing, or something?

What's wrong with you?
You're not thinking about the children, you're using them as a shield

Last edited:

Vrbtm

Castlevania is a violent, bloody series that usually either really pushes that Teen rating or is straight up M rated.
How embarrassing.

Castlevania is cartoony as ****. Especially the first game, where Simon is from. EXTREMELY family friendly.

Last edited:

Vrbtm

By your logic Simon shouldn't be in Smash since the children will play the Castlevania games which are filled with Gore, blood, violence and horror elements.
Castlevania has practically no gore whatsoever and isn't even scary.

Blood, sure, but blood isn't a big deal. Just gore.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
- Master Chief is from an M-rated series of FPS games which may not be the most violent on the market, but are still too family unfriendly for Smash. He has no place, and isn't worth discussing. Same with Nathan Drake and Lara Croft (the latter of whom is misogyny incarnate), although less so. Same with Resident Evil, but even more so.
- Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are decent, if boring, choices. The problem is that they're incredibly niche and unsexy to anyone except for their cult fanbases. Same with Monster Hunter, who would just be another boring swordfighter.
- Crash needs Spyro in a crossover game like this, and nobody wants both of them. What a waste that would be.
- Erdrick is all but confirmed, I'll give you that.
- Heihachi has been deconfirmed by Pac-Man's Namco Roulette taunt. Jin is whatever.
- Mortal Kombat is simply too violent for Smash.
luke-skywalker-every-word-is-wrong.gif

His Final Smash would have to be the BFG. It can't be anything else.

But they can't call it "BFG," because the "F" stands for a word that you can't even use on this forum, let alone in Smash.

How do you wriggle out of that one?
There's around 7 billion people alive on planet Earth right now.

If something is not a problem for any of those 7 billion, except for you, then it's not a problem.
Depending on how old he is, it'll put me at ease. The kinds of arguments he's making shouldn't be made by anyone over 18.
The kinds of arguments you're making shouldn't be made by anyone over the age of alive.
Thanks, I had no ****ing idea.
You appear to still have no idea.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Castlevania has practically no gore whatsoever and isn't even scary.

Castlevania 2 was about gathering Dracula's body parts and putting them together to murder him again

Vrbtm

View attachment 221112

There's around 7 billion people alive on planet Earth right now.

If something is not a problem for any of those 7 billion, except for you, then it's not a problem.

The kinds of arguments you're making shouldn't be made by anyone over the age of alive.

You appear to still have no idea.
This post just made me feel more right.

Castlevania 2 was about gathering Dracula's body parts and putting them together to murder him again
And?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You guys are obviously not going to reach any kind of agreement or consensus on this particular subject. There is no point in trying to beat opinions into people. Just move on.

D

Deleted member

Castlevania has no gore whatsoever and isn't even scary.

One of the bosses in SOTN is a giant rotting corpse and many zombies enemies appear in the series. Alucard and the belmonts slice enemies in half and there are corpses lying around and even hanging. As for horror elements it has monsters fro classic horror movies and myths.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vrbtm

One of the bosses in SOTN is a giant rotting corpse and many zombies enemies appear in the series. Alucard and the belmonts slice enemies in half and there are corpses lying around and even hanging.
That boss doesn't appear in Smash, so I don't care. Alucard isn't even playable.

It's also not that violent or disturbing at all in any case. Zombies are extremely generic and family friendly. Don't be ****ing ridiculous.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the record, if people go back to sniping at other users again, the thread will be instantly locked and infractions handed out. This is your final warning. Cool it.

Get back to what you're doing at the moment and stay there, which is actual arguments against a user's current one. Also, if a post comes up with sniping before I post this, I am not going to lock or infract just like that. It's kind of obvious that the actions I will take is for posts after the verbal warning.

D

Deleted member

Except no one is saying that? Like literally no one is saying that just because we have M-Rated characters that a bunch are automatically going to show up.
You're making a Strawman Fallacy here.

What HAS been said is that we're already at a point that M-rated characters are clearly not an issue, so it's stupid to claim it's not possible for others to get in just because they're from an M-rated series.

You can claim they don't belong all you want. Doesn't change that they are still possible.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
so who else thinks sandbag is actually a viable candidate as an off-the-wall sakurai pick

i mean look at him

what a mad lad

D

Deleted member

That boss doesn't appear in Smash, so I don't care. Alucard isn't even playable.

It's also not that violent or disturbing at all in any case. Zombies are extremely generic and family friendly. Don't be ****ing ridiculous.
That's it I'm done, I'm convinced he's trolling 100% now.

Vrbtm

so who else thinks sandbag is actually a viable candidate as an off-the-wall sakurai pick

i mean look at him

what a mad lad
If he wasn't already an item, he'd be one of my top picks for sure.

That's it I'm done, I'm convinced he's trolling 100% now.
Zombies are about as family unfriendly as a bat, or a skeleton. We're not talking about 28 Days Later here, we're talking about Castlevania.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Brave has to be the next one revealed. Whoever that is. I can’t picture a scenario where his/her code name is still being dragged around till the end of the first DLC wave.

Then again, I can see any of the Google Theory characters (minus Artorias) being revealed at E3, And the internet will blow up, Google theory will gain lots of supporters, only for 3rd fighter pass to kill it.
:p

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd still love Sandbag to be playable and an item. Maybe just don't let him be in Home Run Contest? It's not the most important mode.

Likewise, I'd be more than okay with Charizard being also a Pokeball Pokemon, and every Assist Trophy from previous games that is now playable has AT status too. I want those fanrules dead as a doornail. It would do wonders for speculation. Plus, just have that "one" item disabled if the character shows up. It is programmable to remove certain things, though I don't know how easy it'd be in way later games. To clarify, there is a literal on/off switch in the game's coding even in Smash 64 to make it so only certain Pokemon show up.

Vrbtm

I want those fanrules dead as a doornail. It would do wonders for speculation.
I think it would just be migraine-inducing. I like that we have a list of characters who we can point to and say they're 99% not making it. Keeps things more simple.

But I also agree that it would be hype if Sakurai decided to break that wall down (but only if he decided to make Waluigi or Skull Kid playable. Most Assist Trophies deserve to be Assist Trophies).

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd still love Sandbag to be playable and an item. Maybe just don't let him be in Home Run Contest? It's not the most important mode.

Likewise, I'd be more than okay with Charizard being also a Pokeball Pokemon, and every Assist Trophy from previous games that is now playable has AT status too. I want those fanrules dead as a doornail. It would do wonders for speculation. Plus, just have that "one" item disabled if the character shows up. It is programmable to remove certain things, though I don't know how easy it'd be in way later games. To clarify, there is a literal on/off switch in the game's coding even in Smash 64 to make it so only certain Pokemon show up.
It would be interesting to see Smash veterans as Assist Trophies or Pokeball Pokemon.

Imagine Mario in the same role as Waluigi... or Pikachu in the same role as Meowth.

Donkey Kong as an Assist Trophy would be an 8-bit arcade sprite throwing barrels. He doesn’t do that as a playable character or even as a stage hazard... and it’s the one thing he’s most famous for.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Introducing the new Homerun Contest! Since Sandbag is playable now, you can simply select any character to K.O. in his place!"

Hey, it could actually be interesting if done right.
...I love that idea. Nice. Though I wonder what other fun inanimate objects could work well...

I think it would just be migraine-inducing. I like that we have a list of characters who we can point to and say they're 99% not making it. Keeps things more simple.

But I also agree that it would be hype if Sakurai decided to break that wall down (but only if he decided to make Waluigi or Skull Kid playable. Most Assist Trophies deserve to be Assist Trophies).
Nah, simple makes things way less fun. I like having tons of options for speculation. The more the merrier. Each game got more interesting. Ashley is the AT I want to see playable the most. I'd say Tingle too, but he's not an AT in this game. But still.

It would be interesting to see Smash veterans as Assist Trophies or Pokeball Pokemon.

Imagine Mario in the same role as Waluigi... or Pikachu in the same role as Meowth.

Donkey Kong as an Assist Trophy would be an 8-bit arcade sprite throwing barrels. He doesn’t do that as a playable character or even as a stage hazard... and it’s the one thing he’s most famous for.
That sounds like a ton of fun, honestly. There's so much you can do when you throw silly fan things out the window. That said, I know it isn't feasible because that's still a crapload of programming. Just taking one AT and making them playable via the Fighter's Pass is way more simple in comparison. Though I'd imagine something like Charizard as a Pokeball isn't nearly as A.I. driven as Little Mac as an AT, so eh.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
"Introducing the new Homerun Contest! Since Sandbag is playable now, you can simply select any character to K.O. in his place!"

If I could set it to always be Piranha Plant, I'm all for it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

You have no idea how much I want this now.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I dunno, Little Mac sounds like a great punching bag. What do you mean he doesn't have a bag over him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom