• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I beg to differ it was an dreaded abomination and a disgrace to the Mortal Kombat name. Mortal Kombat should never dip below its M rating because blood and gore is what the game is most famous for.

Of all potential crossovers Ed Boon chooses DC when he could had gone with more thematic and fitting ones like Image Comics, Dead or Alive or Killer Instinct.
Okay dude, I get it, you personally did not enjoy the game. I like DC Comics. It was cool to see, like, Shazam vs. Raiden and stuff. I was kinda into it, as weird as it was.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Okay dude, I get it, you personally did not enjoy the game. I like DC Comics. It was cool to see, like, Shazam vs. Raiden and stuff. I was kinda into it, as weird as it was.
Well if you liked a good with lame-ass fatalities (Kano's drop and roll fatality which I still don't get how you die from that), characters with generic designs, mediocre stories and outdated animation guess that was your game then. To each their own as they would say.

Last edited:

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
As for the Heihachi taunt: it's a sprite, not the model that would be in the game.

It would be similar to Duck Hunt and Donkey Kong having their 8bit selves with their modern models. It's a nice reference to old times, but playable Heihachi would look nowhere near like that.
So you don't think Spirits deconfirm characters either, I take it.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So you don't think Spirits deconfirm characters either, I take it.
I actually do think their chances are harmed due to the timing of everything (when Spirits were announced, DLC being decided and complete pre-release. DLC Spirit Board made it really shaky too)

But it's not a similar thing at all. The Heihachi sprite was in Smash 4 base game and he still strongly considered him for DLC. The Namco roulette is just a retro reference.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Weapons that would function like swords anyway. Axes, spears, clubs... It's all the same, mechanically.

I'm afraid you've woefully misinterpreted my posts.
Im afraid not. Bottom line is users are allowed to have discussions about really any character. We get you are against ultra-violent characters and that’s perfectly fine. And you can express those views without trying to shame people for having a different opinion and repress valid discussion in favor for your own views.

If you wish to discuss this line of discussion, feel free to send me a private message as continuing this further derails the thread.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
None of this works.

Only Joker's gun is realistic, and it's not the focus of his moveset. Bayonetta's aren't realistic at all.
Ganondorf's Flame Choke is exaggerated and unviolent looking.
Ridley's Impale is exaggerated and unviolent looking.
Ryu and Ken don't make anyone bleed in Smash.
Little Mac's bruises are EXTREMELY mild and barely noticeable.
Snake's explosives are goofy as ****. The neck snap really is too violent and shouldn't have been put into the game.
Sheik doesn't use knives, she uses extremely unviolent needles.
Joker's knife isn't that violent at all.
The Belmonts' games featuring violence is completely irrelevant, because none of it is depicted in Smash.

This is the worst attempt at destroying me I've ever seen.
Just for the record.

When you have to resort to petty arguments such a “This shouldn’t have been in the game” you lost.

You aren’t the visionary for Smash. Sakurai is. And he gave the green light to those examples that you don’t like, so, gg.

Vrbtm

I actually do think their chances are harmed due to the timing of everything (when Spirits were announced, DLC being decided and complete pre-release)

But it's not a similar thing at all. The Heihachi sprite was in Smash 4 base game and he still strongly considered him for DLC. The Namco roulette is just a retro reference.
I just don't understand why you'd throw something like that in if they were going to be made playable anyway. It makes no sense.

D

Deleted member

Gotta say, I wonder why dont we just move on. Our mate here isn't really budging from his stance and neither us are budging from ours, we are just wasting our time.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Well if you liked a good with lame-*** fatalities (Kano's drop and roll fatality which I still don't get how you die from that), characters with generic designs, mediocre stories and outdated animation guess that was your game then. To each their own as they would say.
It's really not that deep.

I've played some terrible games in my time. A decent-rental is better than anything truly awful. There's no real reason for hyperbole if a game is mechanically decent. It's the same thing with PSASBR. People hate on it like it's the worst thing ever, but it's no Ninjabread Man.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You mean besides toning down the fatalities and making them lame like Kano's drop and roll? Like how the **** do you even die from that? To top it off the characters designs and animation were beyond mediocre as was its story which felt generic.
I wasn't bothered by any of this honestly. It was "eh" at worst. I don't have any issues with some toning down for crossovers. I never had any issues with the MK products that weren't all gory either. It's almost like it has lovable characters too.

That game was an dreaded abomination and disgrace to Mortal Kombat that never should had seen the bright of day. What kind of crack was Ed Boon on to think that was an good idea. Mortal Kombat should never dip below its M rating because blood and gore is what its most famous for.
Uh-huh. I've enjoyed MK without the gore multiple times. There's more to it than that. Game was still fine. Pretty exaggerated. And lol, he wasn't "on crack". He had fun with it. Like game developers are allowed to. Yeah, I can't take these points remotely seriously when they're this poorly put out. FYI, I grew up on MK while I was 10 and none of the gore mattered once to me. I still love the franchise, and find it kind of disgusting how overly gory it is now. I preferred the more cartoonish gore from the old days when it was fun and silly, not just for the sake of grossing people out.

Of all the potential crossovers he chose DC when he could had gone with something more comparable to keep its M rating like Killer Instinct, Image Comics or Dead or Alive.
Yeah, DC, a place full of tons of Gods, Warlords, and otherworldly creatures. Hey, isn't that what MK has for characters? Yeah, it does. Seemed like a perfect matchup to me. They actually have some pretty similar worlds, honestly.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Gotta say, I wonder why dont we just move on. Our mate here isn't really budging from his stance and neither us are budging from ours, we are just wasting our time.
You're right, though I wanted to ask if someone here would like to see a Sony character, but that would just start this argumentation again.
So imma keep that thought for myself.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Rayman would be a pretty cool character because of his disjointed limbs and charge-up attacks.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's really not that deep.

I've played some terrible games in my time. A decent-rental is better than anything truly awful. There's no real reason for hyperbole if a game is mechanically decent. It's the same thing with PSASBR. People hate on it like it's the worst thing ever, but it's no Ninjabread Man.
LMAO doesn't even compare to PSASBR which is a masterpiece compared to that. I for one enjoyed the latter.

D

Deleted member

I mean he's nothing but a narrow minded individual after all we've seen and he has really weak arguments. It was fun seeing his dumb arguments for a while.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wasn't bothered by any of this honestly. It was "eh" at worst. I don't have any issues with some toning down for crossovers. I never had any issues with the MK products that weren't all gory either. It's almost like it has lovable characters too.

Uh-huh. I've enjoyed MK without the gore multiple times. There's more to it than that. Game was still fine. Pretty exaggerated. And lol, he wasn't "on crack". He had fun with it. Like game developers are allowed to. Yeah, I can't take these points remotely seriously when they're this poorly put out. FYI, I grew up on MK while I was 10 and none of the gore mattered once to me. I still love the franchise, and find it kind of disgusting how overly gory it is now. I preferred the more cartoonish gore from the old days when it was fun and silly, not just for the sake of grossing people out.

Yeah, DC, a place full of tons of Gods, Warlords, and otherworldly creatures. Hey, isn't that what MK has for characters? Yeah, it does. Seemed like a perfect matchup to me. They actually have some pretty similar worlds, honestly.
To each their own then but I don't understand. Mortal Kombat needs and should always stay bloody and gory as it is.

Vrbtm

I mean he's nothing but a narrow minded individual after all we've seen and he has really weak arguments. It was fun seeing his dumb arguments for a while.
At least I have arguments.

Most of you have only said "Sakurai is going to do whatever he wants" or "That's subjective" or "There is precedent for this bad decision."

That's all you people say.

To each their own then but I don't understand. Mortal Kombat needs and should always stay bloody and gory as it is.
Finally, someone who makes sense.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Anyone who tries to use "family unfriendlyness" as a reason why a character won't be in Smash is a moron.

P5's plot is kicked off by **** ffs

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Changing gears here.
I think that the big E3 reveal will be Banjo-Kazooie in Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys, you can disagree with the user without outright flaming them. Tone it down, please. I am aware of the irony in this exact wording considering the games being talked about.

"Needs". I disagree. I think it's something of note, but isn't necessary to enjoy the game whatsoever. It does not need nor should stay bloody in every situation. There's times when it's fine to deviate. Also, frankly, PSASBR wasn't very good because it had the poor mechanic of "needing a cutscene to finish a character off", a horrible design practice that ruins an otherwise fine fighting game. Dissida suffers from this too.

Vrbtm

Anyone who tries to use "family unfriendlyness" as a reason why a character won't be in Smash is a moron.

P5's plot is kicked off by **** ffs
Not why they "won't" be, but why they shouldn't be.

Every character I've dismissed on the basis of being family unfriendly has a speculative chance. I just don't want them at all, and I don't understand why anyone would.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Which was a mistake, and one that I don't expect him to make again.
The fact that literally the most recent character that we have in Smash Ultimate comes from an M-rated game seems to indicate that Sakurai, the development team, and Nintendo in general isn't too concerned about characters coming from a game/series that has an M-rating, and they don't consider it to be "a mistake" given how often it's happened.

Last edited:

Vrbtm

The fact that literally the most recent character that we have in Smash Ultimate comes from an M-rated game seems to indicate that Sakurai, the development team, and Nintendo in general isn't too concerned about characters coming from a game/series that has an M-rating, and they don't consider it to be "a mistake" given how often it's happened.
Doesn't mean it's not one.

Doesn't mean they'll continue to make it.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Every character I've dismissed on the basis of being family unfriendly has a speculative chance. I just don't want them at all, and I don't understand why anyone would.
This is Smash SPECULATION Thread, not WISHLIST Thread.

D

Deleted member

So Batman, Spider-Man, Shrek and Spongebob when then?

If Goku gets in then that gives people more the reason to want these characters as well which is why I'd rather it stay as video game characters and should stay that way given Smash is about celebrating gaming not characters that didn't originate from gaming franchises. Why Goku gets to be an sole exception I'll never understand.
Dude, you've made this asinine point several times.
And despite being told exactly why it's asinine several times you keep on making it.

Nobody cares.

D

Deleted member

At least I have arguments.

Most of you have only said "Sakurai is going to do whatever he wants" or "That's subjective" or "There is precedent for this bad decision."

That's all you people say.

Finally, someone who makes sense.
Because that's the truth and your arguments are bad since they can be dismissed easily and don't hold much ground.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If Sakurai is told he can add a character from Jojo into Smash you bet your ass he'd do it.

It's honestly the next threshold to break. But it seems so so unlikely due to how much bigger anime is compared to Smash. It would need to be a higher up that's a Smash fan to break that barrier.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post

Doesn't make you any less of a clown. It's not a mistake they want to add characters from games your mommy won't let you play.

Hell, the whole "Lara Croft is MISOGYNY!" trash makes me think you're just a troll

Last edited:

Vrbtm

Because that's the truth and your arguments are bad since they can be dismissed easily and don't hold much ground.
None of my arguments have been dismissed, let alone easily.

Doesn't make you any less of a clown. It's not a mistake they want to add characters from games your mommy won't let you play.
Yes it is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's actually a pretty good point.
No it isn't.
Not in the slightest.

Goku getting in means jack **** for others being likely to show up.
The fact that has to be explained and some can't grasp it is downright idiotic.

Vrbtm

No it isn't.
Not in the slightest.

Goku getting in means jack **** for others being likely to show up.
The fact that has to be explained and some can't grasp it is downright idiotic.
Then every argument you guys have made about precedent is now invalid.

M-rated characters being in the game can't be used as an argument to add more now, thanks to you.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Smash is best as a family friendly series.

If your only argument is "That's subjective," don't even bother. Waste of time.
It's not subjective

It's factually wrong, but I don't expect a child like you to understand that

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Smash is best as a family friendly series.

If your only argument is "That's subjective," don't even bother. Waste of time.
I agree, that would be a waste of a time. I think it would be better to ask why you think this is the case.
So, why do you think this is the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom