• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Let's try something a new game.

What video would you play/watch in celebration of one of your most wanted characters getting into Smash?
Hmmm...

Excuse my love of K-Pop, if you may...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So... *checks* ...another SNK character?
Sakurai: I am utterly disgusted with how you have treated the reveal of Terry Bogard. Until you all stop whining, I will keep adding him as separate DLC fighters. On that note, I'm proud to reveal DLC fighter 5: Twooie Bogard!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well I spent a little bit working on a move set so I might as well post it here while speculation is in a lull. Here's part of a move set I made for the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons Farmer! It might not be widely requested character, but I feel there a lot of people have very found memories of the classic farming series.

I didn't go into full detail of every move, since I doubt people want to read "Farmer thrusts their pitchform in this direction" for the normals and aerials over and over again.
Normals: The Farmer wields a pitchfork as a weapon and uses it for most of their normal attacks, somewhat filling the niche of a "Spearfighter" with long disjointed attacks.

Neutral Special- Sow: The Farmer takes out their bag of seeds and throws out a handful of seeds. The seeds are a spammable low damage and low knockback projectile that travel in an arc. If the seeds land upon a flat surface it will start to sprout into a crop (Potatoes, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Turnips and Pumpkins; the different crops are simply visual) Once seeds hit the ground, Crops take 7 seconds to fully grow and have 10 health each. A max of 5 crops can be out at a time.

Up Special- Chicken Glide: The Farmer lifts a chicken over their head that frantically flaps its wings. After lifting the Farmer a vertical distance, the chicken continues to slow the fall of the Farmer for 3 seconds then the farmer lets go. The farmer can let go of the chicken early, but if the player holds for the entire duration, the chicken will drop an egg that the player can eat to recover 3% health.

Side Special- Reap: The Farmer wildly swings their sickle 3 times in a multi-hit attack with high ending lag. The player may move and chance directions while using this attack. If the Farmer uses Reap and hits a crop the player gains a speed boost and it reduces the ending lag. If the Farmer hits a fully-grown crop, they will also recover 4% HP.

Down Special- Cow Bell: The Farmer rings a bell and a cow is summoned behind them. The Cow is a physical object that can be stood on, block attacks, and launches any enemies that get trampled by it. (Think like a slow Gogoat) The Cow moves at a slow but steady pace, it is affected by gravity, and will stop once it hits a wall or a ledge. The Cow cannot be hurt in anyway and only one can be out at a time.

Final Smash- The Harvest Goddess: Out of a pool of water, the Harvest goddess appears before the Farmer, surrounded by a circle of dancing harvest sprites. The goddess grants the wish of strength and restores 30% HP to the Farmer. Any foes that are caught around the circle of dancing harvest sprites will take 25% damage and a burst of knockback.

Intro animation- Dismounts from a horse

Up Taunt- Handkerchief

Side Taunt- The Farmers dog appears and he gives him a pet

Down Taunt- The Farmer eats some "Jelly Doughnuts"

Winning Animation 1: The Farmer eagerly Catches a Blue Feather.
Winning Animation 2: The Farmer's dog pounces on and licks the farmer.
Winning Animation 3: The Farmer Rings their bell and is suddenly surrounded by a horse, a cow and a chicken.
It's a crime that this doesn't have more likes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
People desperately wants a Nintendo Direct just for a character announcement

But what else are they gonna announce?
Hey if they actually show some stuff for Metroid Prime, be it a Trilogy Port(with Hunters would be crazy dope) or The first gameplay of MP4. Then that alone would be worth it.
DKC trilogy getting on the Switch Online service would be cool too.
Bayo 3 news is something a ton of people are asking for.
There was a patent renewal for Mega Man Legends and Mega Man & Bass, so I don't know if those will get re-released like the Classic, MMX and ZZX titles, but it'd be nice.
No More Heroes 3 getting more gameplay shown off.
Pikmin 4 being a real boy.
Announcing N64/Gameboy/GBC titles on their Online service.
Maybe a video showcasing the DLC for Luigi's Mansion
MUA3 DLC getting a little trailer to remind people.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey if they actually show some stuff for Metroid Prime, be it a Trilogy Port(with Hunters would be crazy dope) or The first gameplay of MP4. Then that alone would be worth it.
DKC trilogy getting on the Switch Online service would be cool too.
Bayo 3 news is something a ton of people are asking for.
There was a patent renewal for Mega Man Legends and Mega Man & Bass, so I don't know if those will get re-released like the Classic, MMX and ZZX titles, but it'd be nice.
No More Heroes 3 getting more gameplay shown off.
Pikmin 4 being a real boy.
Announcing N64/Gameboy/GBC titles on their Online service.
Maybe a video showcasing the DLC for Luigi's Mansion
MUA3 DLC getting a little trailer to remind people.
I would be so happy if the Gamecube Switch Online did happen. My most wanted gamecube games are Kirby Air Ride, Mario Party 4/5/6/7 and others like Mario Sunshine and Double Dash.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we get a Sony Character it should be Kat.
I think she'd be cool. Though if we somehow got Sony to play nice, I'm personally shilling for Ratchet and Clank. Those games are pretty damn good.

I would be so happy if the Gamecube Switch Online did happen. My most wanted gamecube games are Kirby Air Ride, Mario Party 4/5/6/7 and others like Mario Sunshine and Double Dash.
I would agree. Though I own a handful of those physically already. I'd want PoR just so people can play it legally without having to sell a kidney.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
It's a crime that this doesn't have more likes.
Thanks! The Harvest Moon series (now Story of Seasons) holds a special place in my heart and I associated it closely with my Nintendo experience. I’d love for the series to make any kind of appearance in Smash.

I have a few other ideas for move sets for less talked about characters I’ve been meaning to get around to. I might post them here in a day or two after i fix them to be more coherent and presentable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hi everyone
Okami has become significantly more accessible to purchase
Okami's HD ports have sold very well
Ikumi Nakamura and Kamiya have expressed a strong desire to make a sequel
Chuggaaconroy finally uploaded another Okami video for the first time in nearly 8 years

Oh yeah, it's all coming together
I like the way you think.
It is a Christmas miracle.
CHUGGAACONROY IS FINALLY CONTINUING OKAMI!!!
*Speeds off to watch video exceeding the speed of light*
Let's try something a new game.

What video would you play/watch in celebration of one of your most wanted characters getting into Smash?
Here are my choices:

(I know this Halo per say, but RvB is part of the Halo universe.
For Amaterasu:

For Shantae:

For Elma:

For Sora:

For Sakura:
For Kat:
For Saber:
Anyway for me:

KOS-MOS: this song

Elma: come on, it's obvious

Black Shadow: also obvious

Gunvolt: this

Neku: this

Kasumi: this

Octoling: i mean duh
Your video for KOS-MOS is so good I love it. I really like Neku's video too.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ya know, as much of a fan I am of the Mega Man Classic series, getting Mega Man X in smash wouldn't be nearly as exciting to me. I was hoping to get into the series, but it's really difficult in a way that's more frustrating than fun. I think it's because a lot of the level gimmicks feel like the Force Beams from Quick Man's stage or the Yoku Block sections of Magnet Man's stage; it's easy to see how to get through, but actually doing it is just...why? It doesn't help that you're forced to use a dedicated dash button that can't be a trigger so you can't be as mobile as you'd like while also holding a charge (and also it hurts my thumb).

For Amaterasu:
Reset (Thank You) would also work well here. That is, if you wanted to cry for the next few hours.

EDIT: That song, and While I Think from Xenoblade Chronicles rarely fail to get me emotional.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ya know, as much of a fan I am of the Mega Man Classic series, getting Mega Man X in smash wouldn't be nearly as exciting to me. I was hoping to get into the series, but it's really difficult in a way that's more frustrating than fun. I think it's because a lot of the level gimmicks feel like the Force Beams from Quick Man's stage or the Yoku Block sections of Magnet Man's stage; it's easy to see how to get through, but actually doing it is just...why? It doesn't help that you're forced to use a dedicated dash button that can't be a trigger so you can't be as mobile as you'd like while also holding a charge (and also it hurts my thumb).

Reset (Thank You) would also work well here. That is, if you wanted to cry for the next few hours.

EDIT: That song, and While I Think from Xenoblade Chronicles rarely fail to get me emotional.
I mean, judging by Terry and I believe the shotos, X would have his dash animation start with the dash animation from his series

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I mean, judging by Terry and I believe the shotos, X would have his dash animation start with the dash animation from his series
And his Fair. Zero's Assist Trophy does both grounded and aerial dashes. Or maybe Bair, as R.O.B. and Corrin have a similar concept.

EDIT: Holy ****, I misread that terribly.
I thought you said that X's Dash from the MMX games would be his dash attack.
Either way, though. I easily see X's Fair or Bair being the air dash.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I'm pretty sure you can change the dash button in Mega Man X games to a trigger. That's literally what I do in each title. It should be in the settings menu even all the way back in MMX1. Really the only thing is that you can't change it on the fly in the SNES titles, so you gotta make sure you do it when you start the game. I can't change your enjoyment of the games, but if that's causing issues for you, there IS a solution, or should be. I don't know if the Legacy games messed with the controls or not.

Honestly, because of all the extra mobility and overall power of Mega Man X and Zero/Axl, I find the MMX titles easier when you fully upgrade. Though both Classic Mega Man and MMX/ZZX have their difficult moments.

And his Fair. Zero's Assist Trophy does both grounded and aerial dashes. Or maybe Bair, as R.O.B. and Corrin have a similar concept.

They could just give Mega Man X/Zero his Air Dash. Peach/Daisy has a float, Ryu/Ken can FADC in air, and Kirby/DDD/Ridley/Pit/Jigglypuff got multi-jumps.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's only tangentially related to what I was talking about but ok...I bet X would be fun in the context of Smash though. I imagine him being a more aggressive take on Mega Man's gameplan since you tend to have to get closer to enemies in order to hit them with the X Buster in comparison to Mega Man, who is often trying to shoot down enemies before they reach him.

If they were to add him I hope they make his stage the boss room (even though it would 100% be Central Highway) with cameos from as many Mavericks as possible. That way I could see them in action without ripping my hair out.

Is the dash ever used offensively? I suppose it doesn't matter too much since Mega Man's Down Tilt is the standard slide even though Charge Kick exists, but if it's only for mobility I'd imagine using his air dash for his air dodge animation would be more appropriate.

I'm pretty sure you can change the dash button in Mega Man X games to a trigger. That's literally what I do in each title. It should be in the settings menu even all the way back in MMX1. Really the only thing is that you can't change it on the fly in the SNES titles, so you gotta make sure you do it when you start the game. I can't change your enjoyment of the games, but if that's causing issues for you, there IS a solution, or should be. I don't know if the Legacy games messed with the controls or not.
L and R don't seem to work period, at least in the first three titles, and the quick switch buttons are already mapped to ZL and ZR (which is where they make the most sense). The dash is set to A which is the worst possible face button you could assign it to. I changed it to X but pressing X and B while holding Y hurts my thumb pretty quickly. I think I'll try using ZL for dash and sticking the quick switch buttons to X and A and see if that makes it more fun. And if Mega Man X3 has significantly less "yeah screw this" mechanics than Mega Man X2.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's only tangentially related to what I was talking about but ok...I bet X would be fun in the context of Smash though. I imagine him being a more aggressive take on Mega Man's gameplan since you tend to have to get closer to enemies in order to hit them with the X Buster in comparison to Mega Man, who is often trying to shoot down enemies before they reach him.

If they were to add him I hope they make his stage the boss room (even though it would 100% be Central Highway) with cameos from as many Mavericks as possible. That way I could see them in action without ripping my hair out.

Is the dash ever used offensively? I suppose it doesn't matter too much since Mega Man's Down Tilt is the standard slide even though Charge Kick exists, but if it's only for mobility I'd imagine using his air dash for his air dodge animation would be more appropriate.

L and R don't seem to work period, at least in the first three titles, and the quick switch buttons are already mapped to ZL and ZR (which is where they make the most sense). The dash is set to A which is the worst possible face button you could assign it to. I changed it to X but pressing X and B while holding Y hurts my thumb pretty quickly. I think I'll try using ZL for dash and sticking the quick switch buttons to X and A and see if that makes it more fun. And if Mega Man X3 has significantly less "yeah screw this" mechanics than Mega Man X2.
I have the Gamecube collection of the MMX titles and I can use that R button for dashing just fine. I don't know what issues the MMXLC has on Switch or not, you're the first person I've seen mentioning these issues. So I had A for Jump, B for shoot, R for dash, and X for Alt. Fire(MMX4 onward). L/Y was for weapon switching and Z for Giga Attacks.

As for dashing being used as an offensive mechanic, it's been used as such in multiple ways. The Speed Burner in MMX2, the Falcon Dash in MMX5 and MMX6, the Blade Armor's Mach Dash in MMX6, the charged Ice Burst in MMX6, you can dash into enemies you freeze with the Crystal Hunter in MMX2, And Mega Man X can break boulders with his Dash in Command Mission. And there's the Nova Strike in a bunch of the MMX titles.

Mega Man's Slide Kick is used offensively in most of his fighting game appearances, Marvel 1 and Marvel 2 had it. Even the VS Mode in MM7 made it a special move of his.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Flame Stag? Did I hear Flame Stag??

It should of been remixed for Smash. It’s so perfect

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I have the Gamecube collection of the MMX titles and I can use that R button for dashing just fine. I don't know what issues the MMXLC has on Switch or not, you're the first person I've seen mentioning these issues. So I had A for Jump, B for shoot, R for dash, and X for Alt. Fire(MMX4 onward). L/Y was for weapon switching and Z for Giga Attacks.
The what you have might have been altered similarly to how the Mega Man Anniversary collection was, while the legacy collections are straight ports, which causes the SNES games to only use two of the shoulder buttons because the SNES controller only had two shoulder buttons.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Flame Stag? Did I hear Flame Stag??

It should of been remixed for Smash. It’s so perfect
It'd be tons better than X vs. Zero that's for sure. I know the moment seems to be regarded as the best in the series, but the song's just a short loop of the same notes over and over...and I just realized it's because it uses Zero's original theme, which is a short looping repetitive theme.

If we get MMX2 tracks, I demand Magna Centipede and Counter Hunters Stage 1.
Magna Centipede gets all of my hate. His music's fine I guess, and his theming is pretty good, but everything else, HATE!

As far as the Mega Man X soundtrack goes Chill Penguin, Bubble Crab/Duff McWhalen, and Crystal Snail's themes are the only ones I can remember off hand. Not that any of those would fit at Wily Castle but eh.

EDIT: I've only played Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 to the fortress stages so I'm still missing out on most of the X series's soundtrack. Oh yeah, Storm Eagle's theme was pretty good too.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Now that I really think about it, after I get Crash, Spyro, Rayman, Doom Slayer, Dante, Geno, and Master Chief, all I could really ask for is more Sonic characters.
It just doesn't feel right that the Sonic series only has one character. Shadow is an easy Ken-esque echo; just give him Mewtwo's Up-B and Bayonetta's Down-B. But Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman all deserve to be in Smash.

I'm pretty certain that new 3rd party series is going to continue to be the theme for Ultimate's DLC.
But come Smash 7, I think existing 3rd party franchises should expand their roster.
Sonic: Shadow echo, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Metal Sonic.
Metal Gear: Raiden, Gray Fox.
Mega Man: Proto Man echo, Bass, X, Zero, Wily
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man echo, Pac-Man Jr., Blinky (with Bowser Jr. / Hero-style alts for Pinky, Inky, and Clyde.)
Street Fighter: Chun-Li, Guile, Akuma.
Final Fantasy: Zack Fair echo, Noctis, Black Mage, Sephiroth.
Bayoneta: Jeanne echo, Rodin.
Castlevania: Trevor, Alucard, Dracula.
Persona/SMT: Jack Frost, Demi-fiend.
Dragon Quest: Slime.
Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda.
Fatal Fury / King of Fighters: Geese, Kyo, Andy, Iori.

Speculated new third parties:
DMC: Dante.
Tekken: Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya.
Tales: Lloyd, Yuri.
Crash Bandicoot: Crash, Coco echo, Cortex.
Spyro: Spyro, Hunter.
Doom: Doom Slayer.
Halo: Master Chief.
Touhou: Reimu.
Samurai Showdown: Haohmaru, Nakoruru.
Tomb Raider: Lara.
Rayman: Rayman, Globox, Barbara, Rabbids.
Resident Evil: Leon, Jill Echo.
Nights: Nights.
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright.
Monster Hunter: Monster Hunter.
Ninja Gaiden / DOA: Ryu, Ayane echo.
Earthworm Jim: Earthworm Jim.
Gex: Gex.
Super Monkey Ball: AiAi, MeeMee echo.
Frogger: Frogger.
Bomberman: Bomberman.
Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight, Shield Knight.
Undertale: Frisk, Sans.

That's all I can reasonably think of for Smash 7 if the theme is to expand the third party worlds. My off the wall pick would be Ristar or Alex Kidd, but Sega doesn't seem to want to revive those classics.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
but isnt that the whole gimmick of this dlc line up
I mean expanding the existing ones. Like more Sonic / Mega Man / Final Fantasy characters.
The ones I added afterward are from speculation of possible new series representation.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If we get MMX2 tracks, I demand Magna Centipede and Counter Hunters Stage 1.
Wheel Gator Theme remixed would be simply amazing!

That and Spark Mandrill

Something like this...

It'd be tons better than X vs. Zero that's for sure. I know the moment seems to be regarded as the best in the series, but the song's just a short loop of the same notes over and over...and I just realized it's because it uses Zero's original theme, which is a short looping repetitive theme.

Magna Centipede gets all of my hate. His music's fine I guess, and his theming is pretty good, but everything else, HATE!

As far as the Mega Man X soundtrack goes Chill Penguin, Bubble Crab/Duff McWhalen, and Crystal Snail's themes are the only ones I can remember off hand. Not that any of those would fit at Wily Castle but eh.

EDIT: I've only played Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 to the fortress stages so I'm still missing out on most of the X series's soundtrack. Oh yeah, Storm Eagle's theme was pretty good too.
There’s tons of great MMX music from mostly all of the titles. Personally though, this is super nolstalgic for me and there really isn’t a MM song like it:

Please note: this singer is X’s voice actor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom