• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
Any chances of a Christmas themed spirit event?
Decently high - aside from the usual suspects wearing Christmas themed stuff (And :ultpiranha:) I'd really like some more creative Mii costumes even if that's unlikely.

And I even played that one...I think I used it to kamikaze my way to a Heart Container.
Oh, that Heart Container. That one is extremely finicky - and although it's not the worst placed upgrade in the series it's up there.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It's almost impossible I know, but I've got the feeling that they will shadowdrop the FP5 trailer the day of christmas... I know it won't happen.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Has fighter 5 been datamined yet?
No, and it seems unlikely that it will be. As far as I know, the only fighter that was revealed through datamining was Hero - Joker was announced before the game's launch (and his codename in the files, "Jack", doesn't clearly point to Joker like "Brave/Yuusha" did for Hero), and Banjo/Kazooie and Terry weren't in the game's files until their release from what I recall.

D

Deleted member

I was hoping that in my dream, but no, nothing new yet.

Geez, binge-watching the Kantai Collection anime makes me wonder if we'll get content from that series in Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh please, the "Chomp" codename is obviously alluding to Garchomp.
There's no way Sakurai will add another JRPG character after Joker.

You might as well act like "Brave" is Erdrick and not Banjo.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
There has been no update to the game since that patch that fixed a freezing bug with Terry, and there hasn't been anything left over in the data that wasn't mean to be there yet since the day one patch that had Brave. Expecting a datamine to reveal the identity of FP5 at this point is just silly.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Let's try something a new game.

What video would you play/watch in celebration of one of your most wanted characters getting into Smash?
Oh I know what I'll be turning on.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Absolute buffoons. Absolute fools. Clearly "chomp" is a third-party character, which is why we're getting Ms. Pac-Man

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

What video would you play/watch in celebration of one of your most wanted characters getting into Smash?
If Adeleine gets announced for Smash, I would celebrate by watching the announcement trailer over, and over, and OVER and O̸̭̿̌̾͒V̴͖͇́͋̽͐E̷̙͘Ṟ̸̻͖͈͇͍͓̬̣̒͋̓͒̚͝ͅ until I have the chance to actually get the character and main her.

D

Deleted member

Here are my choices:

(I know this Halo per say, but RvB is part of the Halo universe.
Hell if Dante got in I’d play 1,3,4, and 5 again, I’d hit the jackpot with that.

For Kos-Mos is hard since the originals are in the PS2 and I don’t have it anymore.

D

Deleted member

No, and it seems unlikely that it will be. As far as I know, the only fighter that was revealed through datamining was Hero - Joker was announced before the game's launch (and his codename in the files, "Jack", doesn't clearly point to Joker like "Brave/Yuusha" did for Hero), and Banjo/Kazooie and Terry weren't in the game's files until their release from what I recall.
Tbh if banjos codename was leaked alongside hero’s, then the whole banjo vs steve war would be over by now.

D

Deleted member

If Adeleine gets announced for Smash, I would celebrate by watching the announcement trailer over, and over, and OVER and O̸̭̿̌̾͒V̴͖͇́͋̽͐E̷̙͘Ṟ̸̻͖͈͇͍͓̬̣̒͋̓͒̚͝ͅ until I have the chance to actually get the character and main her.
so if she got cancelled would you just sit there for the rest of your life watching the trailer until you die

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
so if she got cancelled would you just sit there for the rest of your life watching the trailer until you die
Probably, except that I wouldn't die completely, I'd become an undead (ghost, zombie, living skeleton, whatever) and haunt the persons who decided to cancel her. :ghost088:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Here are my choices:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
hey so

first Splatoon 2 new update is on Jan 6. Direct then?

pls add the missing final fest music to Private Splatfests

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Tbh if banjos codename was leaked alongside hero’s, then the whole banjo vs steve war would be over by now.
But if Terry's codename got leaked, it would have set the Geno thread on fire because of "dolly" lol.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord

As for the others, I'd probably celebrate by either watching a let's play, or just playing their game.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, that January 6th is a Monday, so that's honestly not looking too likely.
they announced the Robin/Lucina reveal, which was on a Monday, on the Friday before. they could do the same here

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Here are my choices:

The song in Sheik's Smash trailer:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fun fact: putting Videos in spoiler tags does not magically stop them from loading, and will still cause slowdown

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You think after the brave files they'd be stupid enough to let people datamine?

You see, they choose to be stupid unique ways every time and leak themselves.

D

Deleted member

You think after the brave files they'd be stupid enough to let people datamine?

You see, they choose to be stupid unique ways every time and leak themselves.
Most trusted leaker: Nintendo

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Most trusted leaker: Nintendo
:ultsimon:? Music leak.
:ulthero:? Datamine.
:ult_terry:? Copyright.

i was gonna put down kencineroar on the box for a joke but that's grasping for straws

The only legitimate leak so far that wasn't nintendo was :ultken: for picture leaks and :ultbanjokazooie::ultpiranha: for text leaks. That's still half on Nintendo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom