• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
if youre gonna talk **** then @ me you punk ass

Dont **** on ppl asking about Smash Speculation in a Smash Speculation Messageboard. Thats like dressing as a clown then going to the circus and talking ****.

Ppl like Flyboy make me cringe. Imagine pretending to be some gatekeeper on a Smash bros messageboard. Get a life
People be ironic

KillerCage said:
How is everyone doing?
I just got back from seeing Rise of Skywalker and NO I will give out spoilers.
Good, the Geno thread almost went to **** the last time someone brought up Star Wars for some reason

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Dont **** on ppl asking about Smash Speculation in a Smash Speculation Messageboard. Thats like dressing as a clown then going to the circus and talking ****.

Ppl like Flyboy make me cringe. Imagine pretending to be some gatekeeper on a Smash bros messageboard. Get a life
oooh, he's angwy :substitute: barely think he's talking about you, half the thread was on about it.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
The thread went into bulls*** mode and Gale doesn't feel like commiting to the act.

Instead, I'm going to ask this. Is anyone else going to watch the niconico livestream?

Good, the Geno thread almost went to ****

Sounds like business as usual.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine being angry on a joke.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I feel like I'm living in some sort of parallel dimension where people are making assumptions and jokes about Chomp as if it was an actual datamine/leak/hint and not a dumb joke someone made three pages back.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I feel like I'm living in some sort of parallel dimension where people are making assumptions and jokes about Chomp as if it was an actual datamine/leak/hint and not a dumb joke someone made three pages back.
did you ever hear the victory of lord baboom the wise

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you guys heard of that new datamine with the file "gullible"

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I remember reading almost 150 pages at some point here, cause I was too busy with work.

Overall, yeah, some miss a joke. Best thing to do is just respond with "it was a joke, actually" and move on. No need to go nuts over the silliest things, you know?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
all this Chain Chomp talk makes me remember that Paper Mario: Sticker Star was originally going to have partners and one of them was a Chain Chomp in the pre-release images. (would post it here, but I think images are broken again)

sigh, what could have been...

Eldrake

Smash Lord
all this Chain Chomp talk makes me remember that Paper Mario: Sticker Star was originally going to have partners and one of them was a Chain Chomp in the pre-release images. (would post it here, but I think images are broken again)

I was looking forward to that game because of the Chain Chomp partner. Uuuuuugh.

osby

Smash Obsessed
dont get it twisted: the idea of devoting any anger towards you miserable grease stains is laughable
You're mixing things up, Miserable Grease Stain is the FP5, not us.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

dont get it twisted: the idea of devoting any anger towards you miserable grease stains is laughable
Look mate, literally we are arguing about a game for kids where we haven't got any new info for a good while. We can either relax, make a joke or two, or just get upset about every little thing that comes by. No need to take things seriously.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
They could have explained the joke in less time than it took to make jokes ****ting on people for not reading back. I don't want to spend time reading pages of nothing. I guess I deserve to be ****** around for that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Wasn't it going to have a Shy Guy too?

I do remember working on a tabletop RPG version of Paper Mario, but it was almost all 64 stuff and didn't really have much of the any other kinds of partners. It had new partners names(and sometimes abilities), like Koopon was able to get you slashed prices at Shops. I forget any other ones. Due to the nature of the series, it had up to 4 playable core characters, and similar counterparts; Mario and Peach, Luigi and Daisy, Wario and Captain Syrup, Waluigi and ???. Twas fun. I might rework it with no hard set up for playable characters, besides each player requiring two beyond the partners, one male and one female. Not sure yet. Giga Bowser was added as true final boss as well.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
It's not, assuming work for FP5 started after the base game was released.
You do realize that adding a character released after XB2 for FP5 would be outright lying to Rex fans, who Sakurai specifically wanted to apologize to, right?

Feel free to humor them for post pass, but just know that if you are banking on Byleth, Howard, ect for FP5, that would require Sakurai to lie about why Rex wasn’t included.

And given the way this pass has gone, so far it seems to have checked out for statements made by both Sakurai and Reggie. (The former being the Rex Mii costume, and the latter being the statement made at the 2018 VGAs)

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
We’re arguing over a random joke someone made that has no bearing on anything? Glad to see business is as usual in this thread.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

I do remember working on a tabletop RPG version of Paper Mario, but it was almost all 64 stuff and didn't really have much of the any other kinds of partners. It had new partners names(and sometimes abilities), like Koopon was able to get you slashed prices at Shops. I forget any other ones. Due to the nature of the series, it had up to 4 playable core characters, and similar counterparts; Mario and Peach, Luigi and Daisy, Wario and Captain Syrup, Waluigi and ???. Twas fun. I might rework it with no hard set up for playable characters, besides each player requiring two beyond the partners, one male and one female. Not sure yet. Giga Bowser was added as true final boss as well.
That sounds pretty fun! I've been aching for some decent tabletop systems based on properties I like. I'm actually getting my brother Fire Emblem Three Houses for Christmas because we both love Pathfinder and battle-system-wise it's really not too far off. A Three Houses Pathfinder mod with actual thought and depth would be super fun.

Maybe you can do the normal tabletop thing and let us pick different Mario races to play as, such as Toads being the Normal equivalent, Koopas, Goombas, etc. I'd like to see that, especially if it was skewed younger. Could be a cute thing to play when you don't want a super involved game night or have some kids to entertain.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
We’re arguing over a random joke someone made that has no bearing on anything? Glad to see business is as usual in this thread.
I've noticed that inbetween the lines, there's a lot of obscurity. Although I'm not inclined to resign to maturity. If it's alright, then you're all wrong. But we have to ask ourselves. Why bounce around, to the same down song?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Would Dovahkiin or Doomguy really kill the chances of the other now that more DLC got announced? The only scenario I see that happening is if a Mii costume of one of them appears in the presentation of the other, which really sucks if it happens.
I don’t think it’d completely kill the chance of another Bethesda character, but it would be somewhat of a blow. At the very least I doubt we’ll get two characters from the same company within close proximity of each other, and I’m one of those that think we’ll get 4-5 more characters after the Pass at most, so for me Doomguy would have to be #9 or #10 in this scenario. Not only am I not sure DLC will even reach that far, but it leaves a pretty small window for him to get in. That's just how I perceive things personally though, I'm not gonna pretend like I can't be wrong on this, and if #5 were to be Dovahkiin, I'd like to be wrong, if only because I know my younger brother would love Doomguy.

I do think the public perception would be that it's a blow to Doomguy though, or at the very least it'd put speculation surrounding the character on ice for a while.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Look mate, literally we are arguing about a game for kids where we haven't got any new info for a good while. We can either relax, make a joke or two, or just get upset about every little thing that comes by. No need to take things seriously.
i literally just called yall “miserable grease stains” and you think this is serious?

you suck the fun out of things more than Stormy Daniels

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That sounds pretty fun! I've been aching for some decent tabletop systems based on properties I like. I'm actually getting my brother Fire Emblem Three Houses for Christmas because we both love Pathfinder and battle-system-wise it's really not too far off. A Three Houses Pathfinder mod with actual thought and depth would be super fun.

Maybe you can do the normal tabletop thing and let us pick different Mario races to play as, such as Toads being the Normal equivalent, Koopas, Goombas, etc. I'd like to see that, especially if it was skewed younger. Could be a cute thing to play when you don't want a super involved game night or have some kids to entertain.
I was saving the non-plumbers for the "Partners", but that could work.

Mostly the idea was a core moveset with Hammers and Jumping. But maybe that's still workable anyway. There's a lot that could be done. I don't think I have the original data, sadly, though. So I'd have to redo it all. Worth noting that it still was going through the same core story originally. Also, if I stuck with it Rosalina would be Waluigi's female option at that point. Wario might've had someone else. But it was not solely color-coded.

It's super easy to do thanks to the Defense/Attack rules within the franchise, admittedly. Also, a playable regular Hammer Bro. might actually work among basic races. I think what I might do is look into the weapons and puzzle factor. Not sure if I could run it anywhere. I only know of one forum, but that's still being worked on and it's an adults only forum to begin with. I don't think it'd work on here either, since I'm too busy on the forum with other threads to run it due to being tagged. I'll continue to look for the data, but I think it's on an old computer with lost data.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
People's need to be spoon fed is serious business.
To be fair this thread moves at such a pace that if something actually does come up it’s often buried so many pages back that it’s easier to just ask rather than to bother looking.
Would Dovahkiin or Doomguy really kill the chances of the other now that more DLC got announced? The only scenario I see that happening is if a Mii costume of one of them appears in the presentation of the other, which really sucks if it happens.
It’d certainly lower the chances of the other, but it wouldn’t necessarily disconfirm them. Though if one did get in I really wouldn’t get my hopes up for another Bethesda character, definitely seems like it’d be more a one-time thing.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Couldn't find anything about a Shyguy partner, but I'd absolutely love to have them since Shyguys are my favorite Mario enemy.

Ha that sounds like a lot of fun! I actually started drafting up species stats and items for making a Super Mario setting within the Genesys system, but I haven't touched it or thought about it in over year. If I wasn't in the middle of running a Pokemon conversion for DND 5e, I'd probably try to do the paper mario idea.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Couldn't find anything about a Shyguy partner, but I'd absolutely love to have them since Shyguys are my favorite Mario enemy.

Ha that sounds like a lot of fun! I actually started drafting up species stats and items for making a Super Mario setting within the Genesys system, but I haven't touched it or thought about it in over year. If I wasn't in the middle of running a Pokemon conversion for DND 5e, I'd probably try to do the paper mario idea.
I might've used the Whitewolf system too for determining if you actually "hit" or not. Same with defending. But I was used to that for alternate stuff like a Smash Bros. campaign. I always played as Fox, and I had to point out that due to the system, Ganondorf's Volcano Kick doesn't suck and it's massively powerful. I lost a stock that way but to be frank, I don't see an issue with that either. To me, if you're going to adapt something, think it through. You don't need to make everything the same power level, but make sure you're aware of the moves anyway, and either re-balance it or deal with how it might be a bit unfair.

P.S. Paper Mario for Smash. Also, didn't really notice how off-topic I was, so I'll reply via the General Social Thread later. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i literally just called yall “miserable grease stains” and you think this is serious?

it's just a prank bro

Why bounce around, to the same down song?
people cant let go of a routine

D

Deleted member

So you insult people and then go I wasn't serious? You seem to have a pretty crappy sense of humor.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
While you guys were out here arguing about chomp or whatever, Nintendo leaked a music track from FP5 and I was the only person who could get a screenshot of it
leek.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom