• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
You do realize that adding a character released after XB2 for FP5 would be outright lying to Rex fans, who Sakurai specifically wanted to apologize to, right?

Feel free to humor them for post pass, but just know that if you are banking on Byleth, Howard, ect for FP5, that would require Sakurai to lie about why Rex wasn’t included.

And given the way this pass has gone, so far it seems to have checked out for statements made by both Sakurai and Reggie. (The former being the Rex Mii costume, and the latter being the statement made at the 2018 VGAs)
The relevant part of the direct is linked here:
https://youtu.be/fccgHnBQ0YM?t=1909
"By the way, here's one purchase bonus you'll get with the fighters pass. It's a Mii Swordfighter outfit based on Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2. We decided which fighters to include when we started planning, so we couldn't add characters from titles like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which was announced after planning had started. I hope this outfit will help you feel like you're playing as Rex. We're also including some music from the Xenoblade Chronicles series. Give it a listen at Gaur Plain sometime. Other Xenoblade Chronicles characters will also appear as Spirits. We've yet to create any of the paid DLC, and we haven't locked down any release dates, but we'll start working on them as soon as we're finished with the main game."
The first bolded sentence is ambiguous as to whether or not DLC fighters were decided when they started planning. If creating the paid DLC includes choosing its fighters, the second bolded sentence suggests that those fighters could have premiered after Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
We’re arguing over a random joke someone made that has no bearing on anything? Glad to see business is as usual in this thread.
The joke seemed like a leak to those out of the loop.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
finally, stalin representation
They couldn't get Marx in because he was already a boss, so they had to settle for Stalin instead

I will say tho, Yoko Shimomura really went ham on that remix. It's a shame nobody grabbed it and we'll have to wait until January to hear it again

D

Deleted member

You doubting isn't a good reason for me to assume that. I think there are first parties that will sell at least as well as someone like Terry, so the trend isn't super strong evidence against a first party.
Seeing how the reception three houses got it’s likley byleth will sell very well unlike corrin

fem corrin is an exception
I highly doubt that they will suddenly break an established trend for the final FP slot.

Also highly doubt that companies like Microsoft and Square will be getting other characters for this pass. (Deconfirmations like Sora, Master Chief, and Geno certainly don’t help matters)
Those ones aren’t deconfirmed

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Looks like the codename "tankie" wasn't referring to a Metal Slug character after all, smh
No Tankie obviously refers to DK
P.S. Paper Mario for Smash. Also, didn't really notice how off-topic I was.
Yeah sorry about getting so off track. I do kind of find how strange it was that Paper Mario's support base kind of collapsed. I remember him being a pretty popular character for ballot wishlists and he showed up on online ballots as well back in the Smash 4 days.

SKX31

Smash Master
While you guys were out here arguing about chomp or whatever, Nintendo leaked a music track from FP5 and I was the only person who could get a screenshot of it
Ladies. Gentlemen.

Strider's in. His game is in Soviet Russia Kazakh after all.

ladda ned.png

:4pacman:

Now Zangief wasn't my first choice for a third Street Fighter rep, but I'll take him!
All we need now is him Cossack dancing (optionally with Gorbachev) as one of his victory poses.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Seeing how the reception three houses got it’s likley byleth will sell very well unlike corrin

fem corrin is an exception

Those ones aren’t deconfirmed
Sora

Deconfirmed by Vergeben, Sabi, and Square VP

Master Chief

Deconfirmed by a lead Halo dev

Geno

Deconfirmed by Vergeben and Sabi

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah sorry about getting so off track. I do kind of find how strange it was that Paper Mario's support base kind of collapsed. I remember him being a pretty popular character for ballot wishlists and he showed up on online ballots as well back in the Smash 4 days.
I meant I was off-topic moreso.

Also, we got a Paper Mario stage and he never escaped Trophy/Spirit status. Got worse with Spirits, as they're more gameplay-related... Also, we got PP, another Mario character. People ****ting on Dr. Mario for being the same guy has not helped either. It's sad, cause he has too different of a bodyshape to be an Echo, and can't even use Mario's regular moves in the same way. Never mind the Hammer bit. It's weird too, cause within the Paper Mario/Mario & Luigi crossover, it was made official among those series(though not necessary canon) that Paper Mario is his own person and not just Mario in a different design. This makes sense, if you look at his different style of animations and personality.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ok. Tell me a first party who isn’t already a spirit that you think will be FP5.

If Rex’s Mii costume and apology is anything to go by, it likely isn’t FE Three Houses, Astral Chain, or any game released after XB2.

Also keep in mind that MIA characters like Porky and Sylux would require their own spirit board. (And there are already Metroid and Earthbound spirits)
Spirits in general are pretty lax on what applies for one. It can be well known-characters, cult favorites, bosses, minor enemies, power-ups or Adam. So in the case of Metroid adding Sylux, they could just add the other Hunters, Weavil, Spire, and Noxus to his spirit board. Not to mention bosses such as Crocomire(I don't think he got a spirit)and there's quite a few minor enemies that apply as well Shriekbats being one example.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Oh damn! Vergeben just got confirmation from his source about Fighter 5.

Vergeben says something legit.png

In case you're dumb, I made this so it's not real. :ultpacman:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Uh guys, can anyone fill me in on this "tankie" thing? Where did it come from? Why does Verge say it's "bait" instead? Did he get it wrong, or maybe we're getting a double announcement soon?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Spirits in general are pretty lax on what applies for one. It can be well known-characters, cult favorites, bosses, minor enemies, power-ups or Adam. So in the case of Metroid adding Sylux, they could just add the other Hunters, Weavil, Spire, and Noxus to his spirit board. Not to mention bosses such as Crocomire(I don't think he got a spirit)and there's quite a few minor enemies that apply as well Shriekbats being one example.
Metroid Prime is also absent as a spirit. There's plenty of potential Metroid spirits than people realize.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Not deconfirmed for post pass dlc is what I meant
We are talking about FP5.

Even taking that into account, he’d still have to have a stage to go along with him for this pass.

And unless they get a stage from MP4, which completely restarted development last January or so, we already have a stage representing Metroid Prime.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Oh damn! Vergeben just got confirmation from his source about Fighter 5.
In case you're dumb, I made this so it's real.
Fixed.

Uh guys, can anyone fill me in on this "tankie" thing? Where did it come from? Why does Verge say it's "bait" instead? Did he get it wrong, or maybe we're getting a double announcement soon?
Everything is satire. There is no news to be had.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
So after Chomp getting confirmed for FP5...

Who will be FP6? Im leaning towards Crash or Rex & Pyra.

D

Deleted member

Can you guys imagine if the official render of CP5 was leaked? It would be a massive ****storm.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I wonder how many people are going to refer to the first DLC character after FP5 as "FP6" once speculation for that becomes relevant, even though it's pretty damn certain that they won't be part of the Fighter Pass, and aren't even gonna the sixth DLC character for Ultimate because Piranha Plant was also a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom