• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'll be honest, I've thrown out both Sabi and Verg's deconfirmation list at this point. Both of them keep conflicting with each other, no one can get a straight answer, and we're literally one day away from the Game Awards. I'm going with my gut and saying Nintendo just finally locked down their security and it's one of the characters they think is deconfirmed

That is of course unless one of them lands on a name within the next day and stands by it

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It's officially Wednesday in my time zone. So TGA's technically TOMORROW!!!
But more than 24 hours away. 45 hours by my quick head math.

StormC

Smash Hero
War between Sabi and Verge now?

This is juicy. I like this.

Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Shroob

Sup?
War between Sabi and Verge now?

This is juicy. I like this.

Thursday can't get here soon enough.
Honestly, it's not even a war. Verg hasn't said anything about Sabi despite people telling him what Sabi said.

Sabi said one of the companies from his major list of deconfirms was what FP5 is

Verg cleared up his list but didn't do much else.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Welp, it's looking like we'll have be having a genuine surprise for FP5. Funny thing is that Terry would have been a surprise too if NoE hadn't effed up. For the most part Nintendo actually did a pretty good job with leaks for this Fighter's Pass.

Shroob

Sup?
I do find it strange that KOS-MOS was kept, and is still kept, alive for so long when the thing that Sabi said kinda makes it seem like it's anything but Bamco.

This entire situation is odd.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm really hoping for an outta' left field character, that isn't in the speculation Zeitgeist, but also isn't totally unknown, boring or generally disappointing. Very few characters reach that definition and it varies for everyone individually.

On another note, I really want the last character to be another cereal mascot. My list is as follows;

1) Crash Bandicoot
2) Earthworm Jim
3) Conker
4) Digimon
5) Sir Daniel Fortesque

Might be lame but that's my childhood talkin'

My top three gritty picks are;

1) Ryu Hayabusa
2) Lara Croft
3) Kratos

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Interesting to see that Vergeben has gone silent since yesterday. I wonder if he's even gonna say anything more before VGA?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Went back a couple pages, you guys realize that RE3Make was leaked to hell and back right? With multiple people calling it, that it was made alongside REmake 2, that it'd be handled differently as seen with the REsistence stuff and that it was getting announced before TGA right? Just saying that maybe you shouldn't count on it to validate a 4chan post

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I mean, the theory about Verg is he's German. He wouldn't be active for a few more hours.
I mean, I'm aware, but if he really is German, he has some weird sleeping habits. He tends to post things really early in the monring, at around 3, 4 or 5 AM for Germany's timezone. Believe me, I should know.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Just before Terry was revealed, were the New sticker on the fighters page in the main site removed? Because the new sticker is still on Fighters and stages.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
On November 9th Gamexplain uploaded a video about their predictions for the fifth fighter in the fighters pass. Approximately 9 minutes into the video they start to talk about KOSMOS and just before they begin discussion on KOSMOS they inexplicably edited in an odd rewind halting sound. Was this Gamexplains way of dropping a hint or something?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiBQ_udOO24
Then a couple days ago they did their game awards prediction video. This time Jon predicts KOSMOS who has recently had it out with Sabi and Verge. Jon has also previously 'predicted' things so specifically and correctly he's been looked at as a guy who leaks info via 'predictions'.

I'm not a KOSMOS fan, never played the games etc, and have zero interest in their inclusion, but I thought I'd pass this on.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I'll be honest, I've thrown out both Sabi and Verg's deconfirmation list at this point. Both of them keep conflicting with each other, no one can get a straight answer, and we're literally one day away from the Game Awards. I'm going with my gut and saying Nintendo just finally locked down their security and it's one of the characters they think is deconfirmed

That is of course unless one of them lands on a name within the next day and stands by it
Interesting to see that Vergeben has gone silent since yesterday. I wonder if he's even gonna say anything more before VGA?
I’m hoping that BOTH Sabi and Verge just stay silent till Thursday or just don’t say anything at all!

I think that both are getting duped by whoever and whatever info they seem to have on the Fighter, just because there’s been so much conflicting information between the both of them. It’s a bit hard to believe either now, because they’ve caused so much confusion within the fanbase. Heck, everytime we even get a frontrunner they get knocked out by either of them. If they had just said a name, or just stayed out of it, and left speculation to the fans, this wouldn’t have backfired on them so quickly. I’d be somewhat surprised if we hear from either Verge or Sabi by today or tomorrow. This is probably the most silent they’ve been since Fighter 5 speculation started.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
On November 9th Gamexplain uploaded a video about their predictions for the fifth fighter in the fighters pass. Approximately 9 minutes into the video they start to talk about KOSMOS and just before they begin discussion on KOSMOS they inexplicably edited in an odd rewind halting sound. Was this Gamexplains way of dropping a hint or something?
Then a couple days ago they did their game awards prediction video. This time Jon predicts KOSMOS who has recently had it out with Sabi and Verge. Jon has also previously 'predicted' things so specifically and correctly he's been looked at as a guy who leaks info via 'predictions'.

I'm not a KOSMOS fan, never played the games etc, and have zero interest in their inclusion, but I thought I'd pass this on.
I find it very unlikely for Jon to outright do this after he went on his Twitter tyrade about him not being a leaker.

I more than admit that he's leaked **** in the past, but it makes very little sense to go on a rant about "I'm not a leaker, stop saying that, it puts my job at risk"... and then leak ****.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Wouldn't that be the ****ing biggest galaxy brain move from Gamexplain?

Jon picks KOS MOS since she's in vogue, while someone else on the team gets the REAL FP5 in Travis.

Jon, "See? I told you guys I'm not a leaker."
Travis is instantly the one I want. It’s just he is deconfirmed by the creator, meaning there is no current smash contract with him.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I find it very unlikely for Jon to outright do this after he went on his Twitter tyrade about him not being a leaker.

I more than admit that he's leaked **** in the past, but it makes very little sense to go on a rant about "I'm not a leaker, stop saying that, it puts my job at risk"... and then leak ****.
Could we get a master list of things GamExplain leaked? I know there was Kirby Epic Yarn 3DS on that list

Seriously though, if KOS-MOS gets in Jon will NEVER hear the end of it

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Well... Nintendo had this “faith in the pass” kind of deal, from the mouth of Sakurai. I wonder if they ordered Jon to say KOSMOS.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

I'm just saying it's curious that a month ago they have a video with an odd sound edited in around Derrick's KOSMOS prediction.

Then a month later in another prediction video, Derrick is no longer predicting KOSMOS and now it's Jon.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hey. Hey. I had to suffer through Resident Evil 6.

We all have our ups and downs.
Mega Man X8 released in 2004. MMX in Smash as a fighter or not, can a ***** get Mega Man X9? If RE3RE isn't the Dec 21 game that was talked about.

I think we're all gonna make it fam.

Shroob

Sup?
Could we get a master list of things GamExplain leaked? I know there was Kirby Epic Yarn 3DS on that list

The only thing I know of is Jon said we'd get those 4 Final Fantasy games on Switch and Kirby's Epic Yarn on 3DS.

The first isn't that surprising since those are the 4 most commonly ported ones, but them coming to Switch was most assuredly not that safe of a guess.

And the 2nd one was a "Literally what" call that I don't think anyone expected.

A lot of people keep trying to pin "HE SAID BANJO FOR MONTHS!" on him and... yeah, no ****, so did half the fanbase.

There may be more but dunno.

Addendum:

I believe he also said Ridley and DAISY at E3 2018. And while he passed off Daisy as a "Joke", well.... it happened.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Off the top of my Head, Treasure Trackers on 3DS, Mario Tennis Aces (For this one I believe it was a reset Era post that said "This direct will be Aces"), Ridley and Ultimate teases on the March 3rd direct and all the correct Final Fantasy ports. I may be missing some things.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well... Nintendo had this “faith in the pass” kind of deal, from the mouth of Sakurai. I wonder if they ordered Jon to say KOSMOS.
"I'm not a leaker, stop trying to pin that on me, you're putting my job at risk."

"I'm predicting KOS MOS"

*KOS MOS happens*

*Literally everyone ignores him because it's ****ing obvious he's a leaker considering his track record*

BlackInk

Smash Lord
"I'm not a leaker, stop trying to pin that on me, you're putting my job at risk."

"I'm predicting KOS MOS"

*KOS MOS happens*

*Literally everyone ignores him because it's ****ing obvious he's a leaker considering his track record*
They could just make him say incorrect information after the Kosmos announcement. It’s weird how people don’t realize how easily the situation can be taken care off.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
They could just make him say incorrect information after the Kosmos announcement.
The damage is done by that point. Unless Nintendo themselves forewarn every company that they forced him to do this ahead of time, NO company would want to work with him out of fear of him leaking their internal ****.

And this is some legit tinfoil hat conspiracy theory at its finest.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The damage is done by that point. Unless Nintendo themselves forewarn every company that they forced him to do this ahead of time, NO company would want to work with him out of fear of him leaking their internal ****.

And this is some legit tinfoil hat conspiracy theory at its finest.
Jon had many other different predictions for fighter #5 before he predicted KOSMOS.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

"I'm predicting KOS MOS"

*KOS MOS happens*

All he really has to say is he predicted because of the rumors. Obvious or not, You really can't prove he's actually leaking anything.

Shroob

Sup?
Jon had many other different predictions for fighter #5 before he predicted KOSMOS.
And if he gets it right, everyone is going to be screaming leaker.

I've legit talked with people who have leaked **** in the past because

I have leaked **** to Papagenos before, you can ask him yourself.

People who have leaked **** but don't want to be known as a leaker, don't want the internet exploding and calling them a leaker.

Whudathunk.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

I think Jon predicted every port of final fantasy that'd be coming to the switch? Or maybe it was PlayStation (IDR) and he knew exactly which installments in the series were not getting a port and which ones were. It was such a specific prediction, like he picked all the ones he thought would get ports and which ones wouldn't. It was too accurate.

Shroob

Sup?
All he really has to say is he predicted because of the rumors. Obvious or not, You really can't prove he's actually leaking anything.
There are a lot of people from Smash 4 leaks and rumors who played a huge role in Smash Ult.

They never came forth because they didn't want the internet screaming that they were leakers. Even being called a leaker is kryptonite to a potential job. I know for a fact that a BIG name in 4's leaks wanted nothing to do with speculation despite people coming to them with info.

I.D.

Smash Lord
The time frame between Jon's twitter rant and the game awards video (with powerpoint presentation included) is not that big, one could argue because of this that both things aren't affecting one another.

ErenJager

Smash Champion

This video was uploaded November 9th. A month ago.
The sound byte added into the video is significant and noticeable. It occurs around 9 mins in, just as KOSMOS is brought up.
This is before KOSMOS speculation blew up.
Anyone care to explain why they think this sound byte exits, listen to it. Tell me what the purpose of it is. It's curious as heck to me.

Shroob

Sup?
I think Jon predicted every port of final fantasy that'd be coming to the switch? Or maybe it was PlayStation (IDR) and he knew exactly which installments in the series were not getting a port and which ones were. It was such a specific prediction, like he picked all the ones he thought would get ports and which ones wouldn't. It was too accurate.
That's not hard.

Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10 and 10-2 are the ones SE ports all the time, and they literally couldn't with 8 since they lost the source code. The hard part was him guessing they'd be on the Switch in THAT specific Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom