• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm starting to think that maybe fighter 5 is first party... Vergeben put Nintendo on his first big list of developpers the character isn't from, but deleted them on his second list. Then Sabi said that the fighter is on one of the developpers that Vergeben originally listed.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to think that maybe fighter 5 is first party... Vergeben put Nintendo on his first big list of developpers the character isn't from, but deleted them on his second list. Then Sabi said that the fighter is on one of the developpers that Vergeben originally listed.
They did say that the pass was about new worlds not in Smash...and most of the pass is third-party.

D

Deleted member

He added in a later post that anything he previously said was also out, but Sabi took issue with that list specifically.

And that list doesn't have Bamco.
This is getting tooooooo confusing. I don't know anymore...

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie
Assuming these two aren't just full of ****, which is a distinct possibility, I'm starting to feel Travis

Shroob

Sup?
By all accounts, IF Sabi is trustworthy, then KOS-MOS should be dead in the water if their claim that the HUGE Deconfirm list was wrong since the character was from one of those companies, and Bamco was not there.

HOWEVER, Sabi has not gone on record to say "No Kos-Mos"

Nor do I even personally trust Sabi myself.

So it's a very muddy situation.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, KOS-MOS would make sense. The Xenosaga trilogy is, critically speaking, a ****ing masterpiece. My only question comes up as "You choose someone who's last game was 13 years ago instead of my man Heihachi?". Even Bayonetta had a new game hot off the presses when she was revealed, her as SEGA's #2 does not surprise me in the slightest.

There are "spots"? :nifty:
Maybe Sakurai still had issues implementing Heihachi's 3D roots into a moveset that works into Smash. If I recall correctly, that's why Ryu was chosen first for fighting game characters. Granted, as much as I like Tekken, Ryu makes the most sense since he's pretty much the poster boy for the whole genre.

Well it's not like there isn't precedent for choosing characters from dead series. :ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultbanjokazooie:
At least in Mega Man and Castlevaina's case, there's a MUCH larger legacy, one that's rooted in Nintendo's legacy as well. Banjo's pretty comparable, but they were former Nintendo characters.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
It feels pointless to be concerned with leaks at this point, honestly (assuming there is a TGA reveal, at least).
If we get a fighter leaked weeks or months in advance, that's one thing, but knowing a day early isn't really going to amount to much. :-\

How would the general audience feel if they were to announce a Spirit/Assist Trophy fighters pass? Happy? Pissed? Both? Etc
Like any set of potential picks, "It depends".

That's a wide pool, and there are good choices there, but there are a lot of choices I wouldn't care for as well, and I'd imagine that's the case for a large part of the audience.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Personally, I've officially come to the conclusion that both Sabi and Verge are full of ****, Phoenix never had a snowball's chance, and the reveal is currently impossible to predict, meaning that I'm just gonna wait these last couple days out.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
By all accounts, IF Sabi is trustworthy, then KOS-MOS should be dead in the water if their claim that the HUGE Deconfirm list was wrong since the character was from one of those companies, and Bamco was not there.

HOWEVER, Sabi has not gone on record to say "No Kos-Mos"

Nor do I even personally trust Sabi myself.

So it's a very muddy situation.
Verge said all of his Namco suggestions were shot down. He asked about KOS-MOS and got a not sure. Bamco is back in this by default cause of 1 character. Sabi nor Verge has reported back on her and it has been 2 days.

Shroob

Sup?
Verge said all of his Namco suggestions were shot down. He asked about KOS-MOS and got a not sure. Bamco is back in this by default cause of 1 character. Sabi nor Verge has reported back on her and it has been 2 days.
Yes, I know.

You're also willfully ignoring the fact that Bamco wasn't on the list that Sabi said FP5 was from.

I want KOS-MOS, but don't ignore what's going on right now to fit your narrative. The fact is Sabi themselves said FP5 is from Verg's list of Deconfirms, and Bamco was not on that list.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Yes, I know.

You're also willfully ignoring the fact that Bamco wasn't on the list that Sabi said FP5 was from.

I want KOS-MOS, but don't ignore what's going on right now to fit your narrative. The fact is Sabi themselves said FP5 is from Verg's list of Deconfirms, and Bamco was not on that list.
So why hasn’t Sabi just said it is not her then? Don’t take this as me being ignorant. Sabi doesn’t even have Namco on her disconfirmation list. You’re getting confused with Nazyrus.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So why hasn’t Sabi just said it is not her then? Don’t take this as me being ignorant. Saby doesn’t even have Namco on her disconfirmation list. You’re getting confused with Nazyrus.
Sabi has gone on record to say "No Lloyd Irving."

You can ask why hasn't anyone said X, but it took Vergeben how long to deconfirm Reimu, despite Reimu gaining popularity around the same time as Hyabusa and Crash?

I don't trust Sabi, but if we take Sabi for their word, then FP5 is from Verg's big list that he posted.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
At this point If we get a reveal I'm expecting the most random pic imaginable so I'm picking a name out of a metaphorical hat. Manny calabera
fae.jpg

He's not the Disney rep we expect but hed be cool.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Sabi has gone on record to say "No Lloyd Irving."

You can ask why hasn't anyone said X, but it took Vergeben how long to deconfirm Reimu, despite Reimu gaining popularity around the same time as Hyabusa and Crash?

I don't trust Sabi, but if we take Sabi for their word, then FP5 is from Verg's big list that he posted.
I’m so confused at this point I’m just gonna wait it out.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Phoenix never had a snowball's chance
Come on now don't say that. He's a Capcom all-star with 6 games, several spin-offs,, an anime, a manga, and a Marvel Vs. Capcom appearance. His constant appearance in fans polls is nothing to scoff at. Not even some characters currently in Smash can say that.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Not gonna lie
Assuming these two aren't just full of ****, which is a distinct possibility, I'm starting to feel Travis
Wouldn't that be the ****ing biggest galaxy brain move from Gamexplain?

Jon picks KOS MOS since she's in vogue, while someone else on the team gets the REAL FP5 in Travis.

Jon, "See? I told you guys I'm not a leaker."

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Come on now don't say that. He's a Capcom all-star with 6 games, several spin-offs,, an anime, a manga, and a Marvel Vs. Capcom appearance. His constant appearance in fans polls is nothing to scoff at. Not even some characters currently in Smash can say that.
I must live in pessimism to cope with the pain of having Phoenix then losing him 4 times.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't that be the ****ing biggest galaxy brain move from Gamexplain?

Jon picks KOS MOS since she's in vogue, while someone else on the team gets the REAL FP5 in Travis.

Jon, "See? I told you guys I'm not a leaker."
Jon saddles the burden of being an insider on one of his friends/partners just so he doesn't get DMed on Twitter anymore
A small price to pay for salvation

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speculation regarding Pac-Man as a newcomer in Smash 4 is by far the worst thing I've ever come across when discussing said topic. The whole "He isn't iconic enough" and/or "He has no history with Nintendo" being reasons he shouldn't be included infuriates me even to this day. And it wasn't just exclusive to this site either. This came up in places like gamefaqs and 4chan. The fact that this was even debated is the real mind blowing thing to me. It's almost like Pac-Man was a joke to these people. The amount of disrespect they gave him is just unreal to me.
Oh yeah, that was pretty dumb I thought. I thought he was gonna get revealed before Mega Man did. I'm glad we got both in the end though. It's one thing if you thought he didn't have the moves(despite how many games he's had), but to say he isn't Iconic? That's actually dumb.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
At this point I'm pretty on the fence when it comes to leaks/insiders and am just waiting for Thursday to come.
Honestly it’s for the best, the amount of effort it takes to keep up with their antics really doesn’t justify itself, since all we’ve currently got to show for is several decomfirmations and a list of companies it could vaguely be.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, that was pretty dumb I thought. I thought he was gonna get revealed before Mega Man did. I'm glad we got both in the end though. It's one thing if you thought he didn't have the moves(despite how many games he's had), but to say he isn't Iconic? That's actually dumb.
I have to admit I was a bit of a Pac-Man before he was revealed, mainly because I thought he was going to go with the modern design
394A04E6-6FBB-4CAB-9E9E-76CF48B0602F.jpeg

Now I love how Pac-Man turned out as a fighter, both in gameplay and presentation.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Even if Phoenix Wright isn't getting in as Fighter 5 (the chances of which I can confidently say are at a solid "I have no idea"-percent), everything you listed here (in addition to a seventh upcoming Ace Attorney, a crossover game with Professor Layton, a live-action film, and the fact that the entire series has mostly been on Nintendo systems for its entire life) is reason enough for me to believe he has a good chance for post-Pass.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If Sabi is right and the character is from Verg's list of deconfirms...

How would Travis being copyrighted if going off the prior topic?

Suda51? Marvelous? Ubisoft?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Even if Phoenix Wright isn't getting in as Fighter 5 (the chances of which I can confidently say are at a solid "I have no idea"-percent), everything you listed here (in addition to a seventh upcoming Ace Attorney, a crossover game with Professor Layton, a live-action film, and the fact that the entire series has mostly been on Nintendo systems for its entire life) is reason enough for me to believe he has a good chance for post-Pass.
Oh God I forget about the live action film lmao.

The fact of the matter is, People really REALLY like Phoenix Wright.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm gonna throw a dart into the dark blindfolded and say it's gonna be Kratos and Waluigi.

I have literally no basis to my reasoning but I like them and I want them.
I say it's gonna be Mega Man X, Jin Kazama or Sub-Zero if we're throwing darts with a blindfold then. Because they are pretty sick, and it'd be really cool.

Flawless logic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom